I thought she was Sup Forums's queen. What happened?

I thought she was Sup Forums's queen. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/12557068/16/The-Actions-That-Follow
discord.gg/rfDZy9b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flavor of the month

She ruined the season and series.

Not very interesting.

Sup Forums's waifus can be really fucking weird and even disturbing, but a blank square? That's a new one.

Seems like most people hated her towards the end.

Thrifty is our only queen you insolent newfags.

Only really with a dedicated band of waifulords in the SJ thread.

I think most people didn't like her.

One of the fucking mods was a Jashifag, and deleted any thread that insulted or fairly criticized Ashi as a character. Those were shit times.

>I got powers now since I'm Aku's kid
>oh no you killed my dad that means I am gone too!

Fucking dumb.

>attractive azn villain tara strongfu
>ooh, think she'll get a redemption arc? i want to make her my reformed badass bride
>BATH SCENE, WE HAVE BATH SCENE
>jeez, they've really shifted the focus to ashi, huh? maybe it's for greater context to jack's mythic stature
>huh, still on ashi, eh?
>huh, she can really take down a mountain of people and all because she's an endless badass, eh?
>huh, STILL on ashi?
>ASHI, YOU HAVE AKU'S POWERS!
>WHAT? OH, I GUESS SO!
>more time spent on the wedding than on the final battle we'd been waiting 15 years for.

I'm still a little mad, but honestly as soon as AKU'S POWERS happened I checked out.

What is it with that blank picture?

>you killed my sisters, better fall in love with you!

To be fair, she had no personal connection with her sisters. The High Priestess made it pretty clear to them that death was failure and they were nothing but tools.

>he had no personal connection with her sisters.

Well yeah. She did or else they would have not worked together as a team to systematically destroy jack.

They worked together because that's what they had to do, just like they HAD to kill Jack. Anything else was deemed as failure.

Their training was stupid.
>Aku is good and the world is being destroyed by the samurai
>Also Aku thinks you should kill and hate everything

I'm not surprised the daughters of all had aku powers. I'm disappointed it never came up until convenient. Surely being in a life or death situation would bring it out. Makes more sense to me than prime evil powers responding to the power of love.

Waifufags moved on and the ones who hate her stayed.

Actually, according those some polls we ran most people seemed to be okay with Ashi. I mean, it's not beyond waifufags to submit extra votes the the threshold was too vast to really be falsified.

Only pathetic waifu fags liked Ashi.

They didn't work together, they worked alone together. I mean, they got away from Jack's attack without bothering to warn the others. One got impaled because one of the sisters dodged.
They knew enough about coordination as not to get in each other's way, but aside from that they were lone assassins attacking at once.

She looks weird

someone post those profile shots

She could have been cool, but she devolved into a generic waifu for Jack to lose at the very last second so Genndy could reference Gurren Lagann.

Asspull finale
Shit ending

other than that she's fine

She fucking sucked as a character and the entire romance angle between her and Jack torpedoed the show.

at least the fetish art was good

Gendy only had 10 episodes to work with so of course it feels a bit rushed.

2DPG can't compare to the purity of 0-dimensional waifus.

user, why'd you post a blank image?

Her character is alright but throwing in a sidekick in a show that tried to juggle 3 different plots in a limited time span really fucks with the pacing and any potential she had.

I know a lot of people blamed adult swim but honestly I think Genndy should have none better. They gave him very clear instructions and even let him delay the project for an entire year despite already marketing the thing but he still insisted of adding all these things that frankly weren't even necessary.

It was clear around episode 5 Genndy realized his mistake and had to make his bed. Still love the man though.

It ended, nothing left to talk about really. Good fap material though.

Sup Forums is a fickle mistress

Also, new chapter is up
fanfiction.net/s/12557068/16/The-Actions-That-Follow

So of course he wasted more than half of them on some new contrived romance that had literally nothing to do with the show people had been waiting nearly two decades to see concluded?
Yeah, poor Genndy.

Ashi stole the Empress' body

>I know a lot of people blamed adult swim but honestly I think Genndy should have none better.

They shouldn't everything about this screamed this was all Genndy. Dude wanted a movie done and he was given (or asked for who fucking knows) ten episodes to seemingly do whatever the FUCK he wanted. He was surely under more of a yoke doing shit directly for CN so all of this is pure Genndy no holding back.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume after a literal decade the guy isn't sure how to make good things anymore (I'm not implying Samurai Jack is his literal only body of work but it might as well be given what he's done post).

No, but she stole her son.

I'm still happy someones making quality SJ content.

Source? This is the ending I wanted dammit.

I still haven't rewatched it, but I did figure out how to broadcast on YouTube

The post that started it all.

Looks like some hipster dad.

If your're a Ashi fan or looking for a place to hang out come join us in the Cartoon Clubhouse!

discord.gg/rfDZy9b

Pretty gay desu

Oh Sup Forums!

You mean null-dimensional. Point particles are zero-dimensional, things that don't exist are null-dimensional.

But since the story has a grandfather paradox, it's self-contradictory it can't be described self-consistently anyway, so you really can't say anything about Ashi without being wrong.

Oh Sup Forums!

I'd say the vaster it is the more suspicious

Never forget that MOST people at worst don't care about a character. The hate only comes from a loud autistic minority. This is true for any show.

Fuck off

I thought she was the Queen of Sup Forums. What happened?

>Made me hate the show
Everything about her past the 3rd episode pretty much tainted to show to a spiraling downfall. This is especially because it cost this very limited mini season time that could have been put to better use. Instead it just ends in a lame romance and rushed ending that seem to contradict everything the show stood for and achieved.

She's still mine.

Damn you Genndy.

There was always a lot of division between people that hated her and people that liked her, its just been a while so jack isnt relevant and people are more vocal about stuff they hate rather than like

The season went to shit the moment the beard was gone.

Wooow never heard that joke before. So original user, you must be a comedy pioneer

The first three episode was so good but then went into a dive fast. Had good scenes here and there but ultimately it was a disappointment.

Storylines going nowhere and discarded in seconds, rushed but spends episodes on nothing, the ending etc.

The season went from being Samurai Jack for adults to being your usual action oriented adventure story.
Not bad, just not what I hoped for. It's still perfectly serviceable, enjoyable in many occasions. Hell, every episode has something valuable in it, that I will not deny.
The main problem this season had, even a bigger issue than the time, was its loss of identity. I am 100% certain that had this continued to follow the Samurai Jack formula with a more mature tone and a sense of continuity 10 episodes would have been perfect.
Samurai Jack was always style over substance, and it did that greatly. Trying to add so much substance was a bad move.
And this is coming from someone who loved season 5, despite the underwhelming ending.

She ceased to exist after, apparently, stealing all the CP?

NOBODY TELL THE ACCIDENTAL PIZZA THREAD!

Ashifags got tired, wisened up, or got less loud.

>Sup Forums queen
>weak
>bland
>kind of boring
>Wriiten in as a desusex machina plot point only introduced in final season
>human

bretty gud user
keep it up

>more votes = less suspicion
oh user
and were those polls before or after the finale

I only wanted her as a daughter and not a lover... shit ending.

Before and after.

A bad choice in the ending?

Glad to see your content, user.

This. Killing off Ashi was to the finale what the Superfuneral was in BvS. They spent the show making her and Jack's relationship matter, then threw it out the window.

Superman's not dead and coming back so it's not the same at all. His death and funeral after facing Doomsday was just like the comics.

I mean funeral itself. Why spend time getting the audiences sympathies for a dead character, then undo it in the last moments of the movie? It makes the buildup false and a waste of space.

Killing off Ashi validated everyone who wanted the time spent with her to be spent elsewhere, because ultimately her character growth didn't factor after killing Aku.

She really fumbled the ending. Right off the top of my head I can think of a better way to end the series.

>Jack fights Aku
>about to kill him
>he looks at Ashi, who tells him to finish it
>they question what will happen to her, but she doesn't care
>aku is ded
>Ashi starts to fade right there and then
>"I'm sorry I couldn't stop this"
>she looks at him
>"don't worry, I'd rather die knowing that Aku will no longer plague this world."
>sappy smile as she fades from existence
>Jack returns home
>everyone is happy
>fast forward to future where everyone is happy
>pic of the Scotsman with his daughters
>pic of Ashi with her not-crazy sisters and mother
>statue of Jack in the background

I bet alot of you could make something better, but this was something I thought up real quick.

She saved it from being a dreary edgefest

You really didn't think Akus literal daughter would have his powers?

bumping for ashi

When did Sup Forums *not* hate her?

This is the root of Ashi's deficiency as a character. Her "redemption" is just her switching sides. All the hatred that was supposedly clouding her mind up to that point just vanishes all at once. She never has to struggle or learn how to be a good person; in fact, Jack is the one that ends up learning from Ashi.

Imagine if they both helped each other to get over their suppressed hatred and anger. Then their relationship could have actual weight to it and be something other than a generic blushing romance.

>Imagine if they both helped each other to get over their suppressed hatred and anger. Then their relationship could have actual weight to it and be something other than a generic blushing romance.
I'd like to see that, but how do you make two people filled with such hatred work together to solve their problems while keeping it realistic?