What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The premise

It's bad, but there were two good things about it. The plot point about multiple Harleys, and the educated one leaving after Jason Todd's death is cool.
And the way Freeze just randomly inserted a tidbit about nazis into the conversation and everyone ignored it.

Nothing went wrong.
Sup Forums is just too autistic to enjoy anything that goes against their headcanon.

It's so bloody pathetic, you can't do anything but laugh.

Decent art and pandering to casuals masking horrible writing.

It's not good writing, doesn't matter if it's fanfic or not.

Haven't read the second issue yet. Storytime?

Nice argument, faggot. The major complaint is about the writing.

Look for it, you lazy fucking faggot.

>Decent art and pandering to casuals masking horrible writing
You mean like pic related?

Then nothing is wrong with the book besides faggots being angry at an elseworld for being different.

>The plot point about multiple Harleys
I'd like that more if it wasn't introduced in the most ham-fisted manner possible. The only way it could've been more blatant is if Murphy had a stand-in for Bruce Timm walk in and beat the shit out of the fake Harley.

That's probably the key issue with White Knight currently: neat ideas, sloppy and hamfisted execution. Joker going sane and becoming a social activist? Neat idea. The fact that he went with the overt and literal "Joker is in love with Batman" interpretation, and basically had to gut the character to make it believable? Sloppy. There were actually two Harley Quinns, with the original swapping out when The Joker got too psychotic for her tastes? Neat. Introducing this by having Murphy basically go on a fan-fiction tier tract about how much of a whore the new Harley is? Sloppy.

Artists need to stop pretending they can write.

Ohhh, billy learn a new word, I bet you are the terror of all the fourth grade.

I'd like a pack of fags

Someone who doesnt read Batman writing a Batman book

It's written by a guy who's obviously only ever exposure to Batman was watching the Bruce Timm cartoon when he was a child. His interpretations of characters is the most superficial, one-note, and normie-tier imaginable.

I feel the writings a little week but the arts solid even if I’m not really a fan of Sean Murphy style

The dialog is as hamfisted as it gets. The plot seems interesting, but Sean is just too incompetence to carry it.

The plots kinda bad too

Pretention doesn't pander to normies user it panders to hipsters.

I'm okay with elseworlds but Murphy can't write, he should stick with his art

If the said hipster audience never even touched a New Gods run, then sure.

The premise was fucked from the jump because the only reason the idea is interesting is because it relies on inverting characters that we are very familiar with.

Learning that Batman was always a huge asshole and that the Joker never took innocent lives in this continuity makes the inversion have no hook to it. It should have just been an alt universe with a hero Joker and an evil Batman rather than this weird halfass attempt at getting them to flip alignments despite their alignments starting out off.

Oh, absolutely, I never said that the writing was good. It's just one of those things that makes you go 'neat idea...oh'. Yes, he fucked up the execution.

>its another Sup Forums hates a popular comic episode

Aren't all the evil Batman from negative Earths? Wasn't that just established in Metal?

How does Murphy's cum taste like?

Probably about the same as your fathers, will you let us know?

>admiting to being a Murphy cocksucker.
how pathetic

kek owned

Making yet another "Get this: it's Batman, but slightly different" OGN

>same spacing
At least pretend you're not samefagging

>samefagging
I'm not sure you know what that means

>does it again

>same spacing AGAIN
You're not even trying.

>samefagging this hard

how much attention do you need bud

ThIs Is AlL oNe PeRsOn

The worst crime it commits it's never once showing why Batman would deserve Napier to go against him unless he's still evil. Why are we supposed to side with Joker being the hero again? Cause he was punched while insane?

>and that the Joker never took innocent lives in this continuity

He was torturing Robin and shot around guns.

I’m not even a Batfag, this is just a crap book

SJWs and diversity and the shoving of their obvious liberal propaganda down our throats

Nothing wrong with it
Just make it a elseworld story and pretend the Joker is from Lego batman/the Telltale Batman series

This guy has the right idea

It was written by a normie who assumed that his boring, overdone, blatantly obvious """"insight"""" was somehow interesting and revolutionary.
Yes, we all fucking know that superheroes and masked vigilantes would be awful in the real world. That's why we don't fucking have any. You're not clever for being the ten thousandth fucking person to write a shitty story about that. Just because police brutality is topical does not make this bland concept more interesting, it just makes it a soulless cash grab trying to score political points.
This basic, one-note premise is made worse by the fact that the Joker is cast as the hero, turning it into pic related: the comic.

King has been getting brought up in topics he's not relevant in way too often lately.

Murphy is not a good writer, plain and simple. If you want further proof of this read Punk Rock Jesus: an interesting concept with piss poor execution.

people shouldn't hate the premise It's an elseworld, an interesting elseworld.

Metal is pandering for comic readers so everybody has things for them.

is that a bad thing? we can consider the book a TAS book like the old non canon book so whatever the characters are in the canon isn't important at all.

man, I'm confused lately. What is liberal propaganda now? fags? black people? or the idea that poverty exists? Capitalism isn't just from the liberal perspective? whoever thinks capitalism isn't just is a liberal? what if you don't like communism and capitalism are you a liberal?

It feels more like a backhanded complement to that than anything.

>Joker never took innocent lives in this continuity
I'm pretty sure you've misinterpreted what he said.

Jack didn't truly become the joker until after he was first caught and the state locked him up and turned him into the villain they they needed to push their agenda.

/thread

They let the guy who wrote Punk rock Jesus write it.

this
Murphy has never ever been on a book with good writing

Sean Murphy isn't an actual writer. He should've got himself a writer to script his plot.

Oh hey it's this guy again

They did throw a bit of pandering. I'm also not sure how the whole clayface control system works

You’re jumping to conclusions. We literally just saw Napier mindfuck most of Batman’s rogues. If Napier was truly a good person now, he would never do such a thing.

It's still not as bad as how it's done in Action Comics. "Everyone who thinks the news media is lying must be trying to blow up buildings!"

And I do think the characters are interesting.

Sean Murphy can draw no denying that but he cannot really write
Tokyo ghost is a good example of good premise that just went no were

Agreed. I knew Tokyo Ghost was going to be shit the second it became a "TECHNOLOGY BAD NATURE GOOD" story.

I don't see how anyone's headcanons about anything even apply. It's an Elseworlds story, plainly. A timeline in which certain things about the characters are obviously distinct from the versions we're familiar with. I'm enjoying the exploration of these distorted versions of the characters so far. The dialogue is snappy and emotive. The art is gorgeous. The journey they're on is intriguing.

Like, if it's not to someone's personal taste, that perfectly legitimate, but I do hope people are able to make the distinction between "This isn't for me" and "this is poorly-executed."

That's needlessly impolite.

Why does he mention the third reich.

I think it's just a bit of flavour text. Part of the story is that he's like ninety years old, and when he gets cured, he immediately reverts to his actual biological age. I guess the thinking is, "If the plot calls for him to be extremely elderly, why not just have the events which were transpiring at the time when he was frozen play a part in that freezing?"

It's not really that relevant to the plot in any way we can obviously see at this point. Just a touch of whimsy.

>its an Elseworlds so its fine
looks like you guys can stop crying about injustice now after all its just an Elseworld

It's not a Two-Face story.

I quilte enjoy Murphy's fanfiction. Certainly more so than King's.