Wow, what an almost alarmingly awful finale to what was usually a really cool series. It deserved a better sendoff

Wow, what an almost alarmingly awful finale to what was usually a really cool series. It deserved a better sendoff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPH1QuoPJA8
shakesville.com/2009/04/real-deal.html
stealingcommas.blogspot.com/2015/05/kim-possible-episode-by-episode-index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We had a better send-off already. It was called "So The Drama".

Blame the fanbase who fucked up a perfect finale with their endless demands for a tacked-on Season 4.

Yeah, Season 4 wasn't great. I feel like they made Ron way dumber for no reason. They also made him a pretty cruddy boyfriend to Kim all things considered. Like sure, Ron can be immature/childish/goofy, but they really seemed to exaggerate that part of his character.

The only major thing wrong with it is that it's compressed on time (they wanted to do 3 episodes and include far more villains in the big plan, apparently). Otherwise, it's great.

>I feel like they made Ron way dumber for no reason
If anything, they made him and especially Rufus even more of scene-hoggers that make Kim look useless by comparison. Outside of fighting off Shego, she does next-to-nothing.

StD wasn't even as good as standalone episodes, let alone as a finale.
You're all delusional because you hate the main ship(s).

To me it felt like a normal episode, and...that's it. You get the sense while watching it that it's supposed to be a big deal, but the episode is just....normal. The series doesn't end with an epic bang, more an awkward 'Oh, guess that was the last episode.

That's literally how I felt about StD.
But not Graduation.

Season 4 was necessary if for no other reason than it gave us the purple shirt outfit.

It would have been fine if it was about Kim and not Ron, and they didn't shove Drakken and Shego together.

I thought it was fine. But So the Drama was the better sendoff.

>and they didn't shove Drakken and Shego together.
But that was the best thing about season 4...

>If anything, they made him and especially Rufus even more of scene-hoggers that make Kim look useless by comparison

Ron and Rufus were the reasons why children watched the show

Buttmad shipperfag

Ron becomes the real protagonist by the end, so, I can forgive that.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could like Ron. Shipperfag shit aside he practically ruined the show for my from day one.

>I honestly don't understand how anyone **over the age of 8** could like Ron

Only children with shit taste.

Rooting for him is like rooting for someone with the skills of superman. Ron is like batman with no powers

No, that doesn't make any sense at all.

i fucked up i meant rooting for kim. As a faggot kid i identified with the clumsy beta rather than the secret spy

>Ron is like batman with no powers
Except he does have powers (those BS "Mystical Monkey Powers"), which allows him to Deus Ex Machina any situation. Rufus even moreso as the rodent can actually control them.

>Wow, what an almost alarmingly awful finale to what was usually a really cool series. It deserved a better sendoff.

That whole show was shit.

Season 3 was crap, and it's all Butch's fault because of his awful taste in characters and shipping.

Killing off Warmonga was a greater travesty.

Her introduction was a travesty. What was even the point of aliens in the first place?

tacked on season. But seriously, if they wanted dumb female muscle, it could have easily been a chemical experiment gone bad making some Hulk villain for KP

Except it was. Drakken actually came up with a competent plan and was on the verge of succeeding. Kim got the most serious she ever did.

Then they made the next season, and while it had some good moments, just felt largely unnecessary.

>Drakken actually came up with a competent plan and was on the verge of succeeding.
Which was just about the only standout aspect of the movie. And yet still something that Graduation did better (in this case by flipping things around completely).

The entire plot of StD was good, as everything played into each other.

If by that you mean played out like a disturbingly cliched soap opera, then yeah, I suppose.

>You're all delusional because you hate the main ship(s).

You know, it's possible to disagree with how a character's being written for reasons besides ships, right? Besides. Most KiGo fans like Ron, last I checked.

In what fucking way was it a soap opera?

Did you forget like half the movie, or something?

And I do almost literally mean half.

It wasn't a thing like a soap opera. Did YOU forget? Because last I checked, soap operas don't an ounce of self-awareness or comedy to them.

I'll take the cliche soap opera over the random and nonsensical alien invasion that is completely out-of-place in the KP world.

Eh, it wasn't entirely out there given we had lego genetics as far back as the first season, and people creating fucking nanotechnology and the like. Plus, they had the show crossover with Lilo and Stitch at one point. With that said, the finale could have been better in many ways. If they were deadest on the aliens, they could have at least had them played up longer rather than just cropping in and basically crashing the show.

>that is completely out-of-place in the KP world
There's pretty much nothing out-of-place in that world, it's a literal Fantasy Kitchen Sink.

You're unironically crying "not muh KP" here.

I rewatched the series without watching StD out of curiosity and the whole tone of the show gets fucking weird without watching it. StD is required watching for Kim Possible and without it the show suffers.

The whole show from start to end was firmly rooted in secret-agent parody meets teenage hijinx. Even the fantasy stuff was rooted in making fun of secret-agent cliches (mutants, nanotech, robots, etc.), and the one part of it that was supernaturally-themed (the Mystical Monkey Power subplot) was mostly kept separated from it. The aliens were completely forced into the show with no real reason behind it beyond "Surprise! Aliens!"

I don't see any argument in your post here. You go from describing the show to saying the aliens were forced, without explaining why you think so.

I mean, the implication is that you think pretty much any new concept introduced in a later season is bad... but are you that retarded?

Yet the series ends with him turning Super Saiyan and single handedly saving the day.

>pot calling the kettle black

The single biggest BS moment of the entire show. Way to make the MAIN CHARACTER completely useless in her own series finale.

"How does aliens fit with secret agents" is what pisses me off about the arc.

She still fought her hardest. What's wrong with letting Ron steal the spotlight for the end?

Because Ron ALWAYS steals the spotlight. Outside of fighting off Shego, Kim actually does very little while Ron stumbles and bumbles into defeating the enemy Ispector Clouseau-style. That or he just goes MMP.

>what's wrong with the title character being useless at the end of her own show

Did you only watch the movies and the finale?

[insert Men in Black pic]
Seriously though, what the fuck kind of question is that even.

I watched most of the episodes, and the majority of them always hinged on Ron being the guy who foils Drakken or whomever just by tripping on the right button or whatnot.

She was only useless in the last second, idiot. Not like the entire finale had her do nothing. Cry more.

Yea, as part of the show's self-awareness about how the two mark a solid team. Even then, Ron never won the battles on his own aside from Monkey Fist. This was a legit fight he took part in, no bumbling involved.

Kim Possible is quite possibly the strongest argument (Sup Forums or otherwise) I've ever heard of for horseshoe theory.

I don't think I've ever seen a topic simultaneously get so much hate from both the /r9k/ and Sup Forums types and the feminists/ SJWs, while receiving almost unanimous mainstream praise.

Just a couple of the best representative examples (there's way more than this, but it's usually buried in comments, forum posts, etc.):
The /r9k/pol/ side: youtube.com/watch?v=hPH1QuoPJA8
The SJW/feminist side: shakesville.com/2009/04/real-deal.html

Can you give a tl;dr for both? I don't want to cringe today by clicking on either link.

All I know is that 1) Ron is a dumbass I can't stand and 2) Rufus needs to get thrown into a woodchipper.

There, I said it. I just hate those two.

They're actually both reasonably in-depth - especially the first one, though there's a lesser-known analysis from the other POV as well that goes into a literally autistic level of detail.

But very simplified:
First one openly hates the show for letting not only Kim but every female in it be a giant bitch, and constantly shitting on the male characters.

Second one doesn't seem to completely hate it necessarily, but thinks the show slowly made out Kim to essentially be a fake feminist character, and the finale completely ruined the show by making Ron the star of it.

BTW here's the other analysis I mentioned, in case anyone's really interested in this insanity: stealingcommas.blogspot.com/2015/05/kim-possible-episode-by-episode-index.html

>constantly shitting on the male characters.
But Wade, Kim's dad and brothers were all extremely competent.

>while receiving almost unanimous mainstream praise.
No mainstream audience remembers Kim Possible, bro.

Yeah, I probably should have clarified - from the normies who still talk about it, e.g. YouTube comments on popular clips from the show. (And I mean a LOT of comments.)

It was very praised and popular during its time.

And it's not lots of normies still talk about many cartoons from the mid 2000s.

>First one openly hates the show for letting not only Kim but every female in it be a giant bitch, and constantly shitting on the male characters.
>Second one doesn't seem to completely hate it necessarily, but thinks the show slowly made out Kim to essentially be a fake feminist character, and the finale completely ruined the show by making Ron the star of it.

I basically agree with both of these and dislike the show because of all these reasons. It's not even an agenda thing, I just hate how the characters are written.