Have you voted on the Goodreads Choice Awards for best graphic novels & comics yet, Sup Forums?

Have you voted on the Goodreads Choice Awards for best graphic novels & comics yet, Sup Forums?

goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-graphic-novels-comics-2017

Wow, so many of the choices are crap.

what would you have nominated?

Yeah, it needs way more capeshit!!

>only 4 of the 15 comics don't have a female protagonist
hm...

Deathstroke. Out of that list Vision is the only decent book.

Yeah, I knew you were a dumb capeshitter. Opinion disregarded.

Black Monday Murders, despite being Hackman, is good
Monstress is okay
Black Hammer is good
Haven't read Real Friends, Everyone's a Aliebn, and Wires and Nerve but I doubt they're that bad
My Favorite Thing is Monsters is good
Paper Girls is okay
The Best We Could Do is good

Better comics came out this year (none that are capeshit), but they aren't that bad as far as choices go. Also, Vision is extremely overrated.

Capeshit is made by people who generally like what they do. Indieshit is made by pretentious fucks looking for an option from Hollywood.

>pretentious
Ah, the brainlet insult. Like I said, opinion disregarded.

>using goodreads

I dare you to find a review that doesn't slam the book/comic for being too racist/sexist/bigoted etc.

>People who like eating shit make more shit.
>This is somehow good.

Except that capeshit writers tend to read nothing but capeshit. It's the most incestous genre ever and it's the reason we'll probably never get another British Invasion again.

>It's the most incestous genre ever
Nope. Shonenshit has that title. Capeshit is pretty up there though.

>Monstress
Shit
>Ms Marvel The Civil War 2 tie-in event volume
Why? You could have picked a volume that doesn’t involve Civil War 2?
>Lumberjanes
God, I’m going to puke.
>Paper Girls
Meh
>Black Hammer
Okay
>Everyone’s an Aliebn
Meh
>Real Friends
Meh
>Wires amen Nerves
Ok
>My Favorite Thing is Monsters
Ok
>The Best we could do
Never read.
>Wonder Woman by Cucka
Haha! What?!! Did they just put this on here because it’s Wonder Woman? Really? Even Wilson’s shitty tie-in to CW2 was better than this!
>Black Monday Mornings
Hey! Hickman! Good for him.
>Saga
No surprise there.
>Vision
Okay
>Big Mushy Happy Lump
Looks like something from Tumblr. Or from a calarts student’s binder.

Overall a pretty shit list. I mean come on, Cucka’s Wonder Woman? Really? That’s the Rebirth book you pick? Was it because “muh vagina”? Jeeeze

Is Flintstone on here?

>they nominated a Dan Brown book in the Mystery and Thriller category

no, but you can write in your own nomination

Lel people like you, that most likely started reading comics like maybe 5 years ago and act like indies are a niche market are fucking laughable.

News flash hun, I'm not locked into one genre. I read everything cause comics are my hobby, not some superfluous thing I use to define my entire persona because I'm that fucking boring.

>act like indies are a niche market
Of course they are. Even cape comics are a niche market.

>Woner Woman Rebirth

That comic is fucking trash, absolutely trash taste

What’s sad is that you’re not a just a capeshitter, you’re a Big 2 cuck who couldn’t be fucked to read Black Hammer

feels like civil war 2 was like a year ago, how is that even a choice?

Early 2017 wasn't that long ago, user.

>This list
I'm guessing goodreads is a site of books exclusively for cocksuckers, whether they be male or female?

So since you're such a pretentious piece of shit you're obviously not even going to attempt to defend Wonder Woman being on there, right?

>pretentious
Again with this meme.

Why do people like Monstress, I cannot understand...

The art mostly.

>you're obviously not even going to attempt to defend Wonder Woman being on there, right?
>did even attempt to defend Wonder Woman being on there

Checks out, you pretentious piece of shit. Don't forget that part, of course. You aren't just pretentious, you're a piece of shit as well.

there are also about 50 or so people from /lit/

Wait, wait, wait... Black Hammer has Ormston on art? Why has nobody told me?

They were covered in my description.

The fuck are you on about, brainlet? Are you having a stroke?

user what I've typed is quite simple yet you're attempting to call me the brainlet while playing dumb or actually being fool enough to not understand what I've said.

One More Year, probably deserves to be there. Probably the most consistently great author of the last decade or so.

Idiot, this post and this post aren't by the same person, you'd know this if you knew how to use the fucking site. Leave this board, throw your computer out of the window, and kill yourself you stupid fucking moron.

Shonen is barely different from Cape stuff. They are very much the Japanese version of Cape stufd. I mean that not as insult or praise, but just a comment.

Could you give a quick summary of each comic and expand your reasoning a bit? Also, what comics did you like this year?

I've been here longer than you little bitch come take my computer from me. I'll slap you with my dick.

you first.

>people like capeshit
>write capeshit because it's what they like
>go on to write more capeshit
I fail to see the problem. What's the matter? Image reject your TV storyboard/spec script?

there's never going to be a British Invasion again because British writers just come over whenever they feel like it instead of in a big wave

even then, there's quite a few fairly prolific British writers working in comics right now that could loosely be collected into a third wave

Imagine being this retarded.
When being a writer not only should you aspire to write more than just a single genre, but you should draw from more than just one genre as well. It's why all the best writers are so good, because they're actually cultured people who read more than just superhero comics. Alan Moore, regardless of what you may think of him, isn't some two-bit brainlet who can barely comprehend what he's writing, he has read a ton, and most of it isn't superhero stuff. Writers should be versatile and cultured, not morons with a single braincell, and especially not dumbasses who obsess over men in tights. Then again, you probably enjoy drivel like Tomasi's Superman, so I'm not sure why I even bother.

I didn't mean a literal new British Invasion, friend.

I have only read three of those so I don't really feel like I should vote.

>Wonder Woman Rebirth and Ms. Marvel's CW2 tie-in are nominated
>Flintstones is not
fuck this
fuck you
fuck everything

It's not like anyone cares about Goodreads anyway.

what did you mean, then

Yeah that's kind of odd.
I didn't read either of those so I can't comment on the inclusion but not having flintstones seems odd.
At least they have vision.

you should read Flintstones, user

A new wave of writers who don't have a background of just reading capeshit, people with genuine new ideas, or at the very least new spins on old ideas, to offer.

you mean like the new crop of Marvel writers shitting everything up?

Like who? Bendis, Coates, Waid, Slott, Spencer are big capeshitters.

I've only read two of those though. I was hoping for some more analysis because it appears you've read all but one.

How do Monstress and that shit Cucka book make it over Stray Bullets, Providence and Kill or be killed?

And Ms Marvel too.

Goodreads mostly has a female user base. Fantasy is female capeshit.

>Rivera
>Wilson
>Coates
>Brisson
>Ahmed (although Black Bolt is pretty good)
>Cates

the art's nice on Monstress

Coates and Brisson are capeshitters. Cates might be too.

Robbie Thompson was a writer for Supernatural

Coates is broadly read outside of capes, and even outside of fiction, I thought that was what you wanted

and Brisson and Cates got their starts outside of capes. Drawing the line at people who have never read capes cuts out basically the entire British Invasion, which apparently you want more of.

Ware just released something, Moore had Providence, Noah Van Sciver had multiple things too

this list is fucking retarded

you really think a list that included Wonder Woman Rebirth and Ms. Marvel would even know who Ware is?

And think Alan Moore is anything but a rape fetishist?

I mean it's got MFIM which is good, but not Patience. I mean come on.

Nvm, Patience was last year. Shit, time flies.

I'm not the same user. You're holding the line at fanboys like Johns and Waid. There are very few people who have read anything but capeshit, and very less when you're a professional writer. Big two won't directly hire you unless you have some writing experience, so it's obvious that every writer today will start with smaller publishers.
Brisson used to write Captain Canuck and Cates doesn't seem all that well read from his writing.

Brisson lettered a shitload of non-capes before he ever started writing, and I'm pretty sure letterers need to read what they're lettering.