/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Maced Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E5/6: "The Occupation/Flight of the Defender" (Mon 30)
The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Journey to The Last Jedi) (Tue 31)
Darth Vader #7: Legacy's End (Wed 1)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Occupation & Flight of the Defender
youtube.com/watch?v=Zxz8sga3XLM

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Uvmx94cUVEY

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

friesian.com/starwars.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ8ifFU7FQE
youtube.com/watch?v=xERXNtZiNzo
youtu.be/xssTLI398xQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What happened to him?

ded

Tortured in imperial prison, rescued but too weak, had to put his brain in a jar, saved by Rebel Operator Willrow Hood, put into the AI core of the Resistance cruiser The Raddus to control it like a Warhammer dreadnought

Are there any lewds of the actress that plays Rey?

I would unironically love this.

This book is shit, SHIT!

She did a nude scene in a movie once

As a corpse

It's legends about Luke Skywalker, Jedi, not Luke Skywalker being a legendary Jedi, true, but calling it shit seems a bit over the top, user.

Typecast, eh?

Well Sheeve, there's plenty if you're into foreheads and calves. not much beyond her greatest performance

I guess I was expecting more substance?

What's wrong with it?

I'd cup that

I know how this might sound, especially as it adds nothing to any actual discussion, but I just want to thank /swco/ for indirectly convincing me to properly rewatch and reconsider the prequel trilogy. I'm still not head over heels for them, but I think I have a better appreciation for the era. RoTS in particular was quite good, as was the various chunks of TCW that I watched. As stupid as it sounds I would have likely continued ignoring them if it hadn't been for you guys.

I'll be honest and say I still liked The Force Awakens and am excited for The Last Jedi. Although as I plan to rewatch the rest of the films in order, I'm slightly worried TFA will finally fall apart on a third viewing. I hope not.

u cheeky shit, that joke was 100% planned

Fuck off, prequelfag

You might enjoy reading this: friesian.com/starwars.htm
It's long but insightful, and should give you a new appreciation for the prequels.

/swco/ made me appreciate the prequels a hell of a lot more too.

>six stories of "I know this guy who knows this guy who talked to this guy who claims his friend met Luke Skywalker"
>lot of them told by obnoxious narrators
>some of them don't actually have Luke in them
>as said it's Luke doing nothing
>some of them are really insulting to Luke making him really stupid due to the narrator
>boring
>entirely forgettable

I don't think we'll see a substantial stories of post-ROTJ Luke for a while. I have the hope that will be Filoni's next series, but I'm not counting on it.

>prequel defense force false flagging this hard

>>entirely forgettable
I'll never forget what's-her-name, the conspiracy theory spouting engineer.
Luke Clodhopper

The equivalent of a folding chair being thrown into a crowd.

>Century Turkey

>what's-her-name
See what I mean?
>spoiler
I didn't care for that story, but I could see people enjoying the gimmick of it

>I don’t like the prequels
>ONLY BECAUSE OF PLINKETT YOU FUCKING DRONE
>/swco/ shaped my opinions on the PT
>wtf I love peer pressure now

Based Rian

>I could see people enjoying the gimmick of it
Imagining all the looks on Luke's face as she went on and on and on made it for me.
Spear fishing from giant Albatrosses was pretty cool too. It also tied in to the newer idea that the force isn't just Jedi and Sith beating each other over the head.
Plus this quote coming in before the release of TLJ - "The elder shook her head and laughed. “I can only wish that someday you’ll also be pestered by a student as persistent to learn what you do not wish to teach.”"

>popular famous people tell him to hate a thing loudly and publicly to fit in
>unpopular anonymous neckbeards tell him to try to enjoy something instead of being filled with hatred
>the first is somehow a good thing while the second is bad
I feel like there's a moral here that just so happens to be covered in the pertinent film franchise.

wise

Rey has a hat

my man
this is the lewdest one i could post here

youtube.com/watch?v=wQ8ifFU7FQE

Jesus Christ Disney. Keep it in your fucking pants you greedy fucks

Or maybe they’re both acceptable, because hearing other people talk about opinions is a valid way to shape your own.

Is that you Tarantino?

>we're living in the Disney owns star wars timeline
Just kill me now

There is no need to be jelly user, you and me would do the same thing if we were in Disneys shoes

be massive throbbing cocks about it?

There's something about geese and golden eggs that might apply here. Theater chains and individual theater's are under no obligation to show any movie. It would be hilarious if JJ's episode nine wound up being direct to video, because no theater was willing to show it.

That's why theatres won't allow it, Their industry is dying. Disney are being vile gangsters but they know exactly what they're doing. Sucks for me a little bit because now my popcorn and drink will be more expensive.

B-Based Disney, amirite guys? F-Fuck Lucas!

Their industry is dying because they're more predatory than corporate Hollywood. They've long since out-jewed actual literal Hollywood Jews by making people paying 20 bucks to sit in cramped seats around loud assholes for two hours and get confections for 10 dollars a pop WITH NO INTERMISSIONS TO PEE - IF YOU NEED TO GO, YOU MISS THE FUCKING MOVIE

People are tired of theaters' shit, and it's not a big wonder that the likes of Disney are rushing along a long downward spiral that has been 70 years in the making.

Jesus fucking Christ Disney. You're not hurting for money at all! There is no reason to be this petty! I guarantee they will pull this for Infinity Wars.

>buying food at the theater

is it getting hot in here?

>WITH NO INTERMISSIONS TO PEE - IF YOU NEED TO GO, YOU MISS THE FUCKING MOVIE

I should have been born in the fifties or something.

I aint watching another looper video after they dropped this hunk of shit youtube.com/watch?v=xERXNtZiNzo

>20 bucks to sit in cramped seats around loud assholes for two hours and get confections for 10 dollars a pop WITH NO INTERMISSIONS TO PEE - IF YOU NEED TO GO, YOU MISS THE FUCKING MOVIE
55 percent of the first few weeks' ticket take goes directly to the studio. The theaters are stuck nickle and dimeing the audience on non-ticket revenue to stay in the black. Look for ones with liquor licenses. They're 21+, here in the states anyway.

It's a looper video? Thanks for saving me a click.

RIP those theaters, Disney will blacklist them from getting their future films

>it's okay when Theaters act like total jews by charging ridiculous prices but when the studios do it back at them it's wrong

Back when the studios actually had some ownership over the theaters?

Nowhere in my post did I imply that at all, my guy

>WITH NO INTERMISSIONS TO PEE - IF YOU NEED TO GO, YOU MISS THE FUCKING MOVIE
Thanks for reminding of the time I sat through the last hour an a half of the tfa premiere wanting to piss out a jumbo dr pepper

Im a leaf, you europoor scum

What's the leaf life like user?

You think that's any better?

I really don't get why people claim the Death Star vent was a plot hole. It was ventilation, and was a hole the size of a manhole cover on a moon size space ship. That's like having a car that can fall apart if a straw went through a hole in its side. I really don't get why people think that a hole that tiny was a plot hole on a moon sized ship.

>person has in demand product
>they leverage that for more money
Gee what a shock

Slightly.

It's like watching the world go to shit around you and wondering when its gonna reach where you live.

The very first time I watched ROTS in 2005 in theaters, I was painfully crushed to learn it was the longest Star Wars movie ever made, as I was forced to wait an extra half hour to keep my bladder from bursting. with cool air conditioning to make it worse

>Not peeing Literally five minutes before the kino

Alright, what is Disney saving up money for to purchase?

Why didn't the Empire blow up Yavin first then Yavin 4?

>not wearing a diaper

>person has in demand product
They over estimate the amount of inelastic demand. Massive losses follow.

Movie Theaters fucking suck.I only go to them for Star Wars movies now, and even then if I was rich enough to have a home theater I would just pirate the movie or wait for the Blu Ray and watch it there.

Gotta get that funding for the live action hour long episodes of the Old Republic TV show

Or Nintendo.
I was going to guess that the Death Star can't blow up a planet that big.

How long does it take for the Death Star to recharge after firing?

24hrs for the first
~20 minutes for the second

24hrs is a lot of time for the rebels to escape if the Empire fired on Yavin first.

The main reason it works is because the Empire doesn't think such a small target would be worth covering. Hell, Dodonna points this out in the movie. Once someone on the Death Star catches on to what the rebels are trying to do, Tarkin just blows it off because he's too overconfident.

Vader literally foreshadows this by warning them not to be too proud of it because its power is insignificant next to the Force. Luke then uses the Force to guide what is otherwise a next to impossible shot.

>Movie Theaters fucking suck.
They don't suck; people do. I've neither a home theater set-up nor a VR helmet upon which to watch movies, but I still eschew movie theaters to watch releases on my home equipment instead, since the only people there are the ones I've invited.

>I was going to guess that the Death Star can't blow up a planet that big.
I figured it being a gas giant probably posed an issue.

>Star Wars
>massive losses
Choose one, user

>people hating on movie theaters
Y’all niggas need Alamo Drafthouse

we need to shit post this pablos way, i think he would like it.

Nothing is invincible, user. Even Star Wars can fall.

Something like star wars bleeds out and that takes time.

Pride goeth before a fall, user.

>make a movie about a sentence from the original opening crawl
>get $1.5billion
Star Wars = free money

>luke sounds like the animated joker the whole movie

It was more like a paragraph but yea i agree with you.

Hubris, user, isn't just what Jews tell their infant sons.

youtu.be/xssTLI398xQ

Would you, /swco/?

>Why didn't the Empire blow up Yavin first then Yavin 4?
A better question is, why didn't the Emipre, when half of Yavin 4 was presenting it's self, not destroy THAT half of the planet? 50/50 chance that the Rebel base was on that half of the planet. And if not, the resulting destruction of that event (earthquakes, loss of atmosphere) would make it very unlikely that anyone would survive on the other half. And they could reload. Tarkin, for all his glorious hats, made a bad tactical decision.

Planets don’t work like that in Star Wars, user. Planets = cities in SW. OCCASIONALLY a planet will almost take the role of a country, but that’s rare.

I would imagine that a non direct shot could have enough power to go through it and continue into space. A risk that could have all sorts of repercussions.

meth wolves > loth wolves

the cowboy hat in the thumbnail makes him look like a Rodian

>major military base
>half a fleet
>heavy equipment
>not mentioning hundreds of thousands of planetside personnel
>lot of time
No, user. Also, how the hell would the Rebels bypass the Death Star? A military of that size could not make a retreat in that short amount of time. Especially being blockaded.