Is this the patrician's Batman show?

Is this the patrician's Batman show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WCCJTz2VgOA
youtube.com/watch?v=s-abGTw2sSk
youtube.com/watch?v=JDwHor1h7L4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes!

No its shit. I say this as someone who never grew up on it, as well. Ive seen enough episodes to know its agurably the weakest batman series since the super friends. Btas or brave and the bold are much better

>Things that were good in The Batman:
>Joker
>Clayface
>Yin
>Firefly
>Clock King
>Hugo Strange
>Black Mask
>Batgirl
>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host
>Joker and Harley's relationship
>Dracula
>Pretty much every Villain's design
>Alfred
>The Batmobile Designs
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman
>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others
Just a reminder for y'all.

No, that's still Brave and the Bold. The Batman however is still okay for what it is.

Sorry. That isn't BatB. It had some good redesigns, but also some really shit ones see: Joker

>4 posters
>4 posts
Odds are is OP.

Also, Brave and The Bold is the best. The Batman is a mixed bag of good, bad, and mostly meh.

No, just the contrarian's.

No, you're seeing that because I posted (to get first post) and

I dunno, I kind of liked that Joker. It was different and unlike a lot of modern Jokers he was honestly funny, but I do understand why he gets so much hate.

The one redesign that is underrated is Freeze. Sure he has one of the worst Freeze back stories, but the design is 10/10.

>forgetting D.A.V.E. AKA the best episode of the show

>AKA the best episode of the show
But that's not the Clock King expy episode.

But yeah, that list isn't exhaustive at all... which should tell you something about just how good the show is in itself.

You mixed up your image. Here's the real one.

>Sure he has one of the worst Freeze back stories
I got tired of his endless bellyaching over Nora every time he appeared, so I didn't really mind the return to his origins as a two-bit crook with a gimmick.

Firefly and the Cluemaster are two redesigns I'd say were clear upgrades. Firefly being flashier and Cluemaster being something different from The Riddler. That being said, Freeze's was a downgrade, but his look follows from his (rather thin) backstroy

>Firefly
I'll give you that. Well, as long as we ignore the episode he got superpowers.

>as long as we ignore the episode he got superpowers.
That episode had a pretty neat concept, as I actually liked the idea of making him a composite character.

It was quite poorly written, though.

The Batman Vs. Dracula was pretty fun

They had another movie planned starring Hush, but it never got off the ground

>Not Batman: TBATB

>>Yin

Shame they wrote her out

I'm just disappointed they made him some generic fire dude instead of looking like Phosphorus from the comics.

>almost had his own animated movie
>almost showed up in season four, but was replaced by Rumor
>almost became one of the main villains in Beware the Batman before being replaced by Deathstroke and Dent
>finally showed up in animation in a middling cameo in a Batman Unlimited movie

for me its still BTAS

I never got the butthurt over this. They fully concluded her arc (in literally the last episode she appeared in, no less! And in any case a rarity for a fucking Kids WB show) and we got to see her team up with Batman and generally get along with him numerous times. Sure, it would have been nice to see her on the "official" side a bit, but a lot of that would've been a boring rehash.

Also AFAIK it wasn't even the showrunners' decision, apparently the VA just couldn't come back for season 3.

How do you know you didn't just see bad episodes?

Nah, this is underwhelming until Ra's shows up

This is easily my favorite Batman cartoon

NIGGA HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HATE THIS
youtu.be/WCCJTz2VgOA

>monkey joker
>ALUCARD is DRACULA backwards
>ninja penguin
>big guy long hair hugo strange
>retarded hair ivy
it's shit

>big guy long hair hugo strange
>retarded hair ivy
Your opinions are actual fucking trash. Get a clue.

I bet you think Electric Superman is a God Tier design

Maybe, but the Magpie episodes before Ra's were GOAT.

>I want to stick my dick in a character therefore it is good

Is this the one with the weird gorilla joker? I don't remember much about the show because I was starting to go off cartoon network at the time. How does it compare to BTAS?

No, she was a legit good character. Sleek, modernized design, great performance by Grey Griffin, a tragic backstory that adds to the comics version that explores an angle not seen more with Batman villains (attempt at curing mental illness creates a villain), all while still being genuinely vicious and dangerous when underestimated.

Besides, the only thing I want to dick is Katana's ass.

its a lot of fun and kind takes liberties with the canon and main characters seem to disappear from the show for no real reason
but the designs by jeff mastuda are some of the best designs for the batman's rouges gallery,
joke and penguin stand out a lot and i like how penguin is like the anti Bruce Wayne, the cgi hasnt aged well tho

>the cgi hasnt aged well tho
I'm sorry, WHAT!? The CGI looks almost literally flawless, better than much of the shit now too.

>this replaced Timmverse

At least better than brave and the bore.

I think their version of Clayface is the best in any iteration. He's usually such a bore.

That's literally Batman villains name giving.

This is shit

most people who talk shit about this show do it cause they saw a few episodes of the mediocre first season and dropped it, but this show has the rare distinction of being a cartoon that improved every season, they really struggled in the first season but they seemed to figure out what they wanted to do later on.

>but this show has the rare distinction of being a cartoon that improved every season
Except for the last one, not that it's terrible but it's a definite step down from season 4 quality.

Also the 1st season was quite fucking good, maybe not great yet though.

Boring and empty: the show.

that's brave and the bold

>The Batmobile Designs
Looked too much like toys for my taste.

That's what I liked about them, they looked cool as fuck

They are FUCKING AWESOME. Seriously, those fucking blue light streaks on the second one... tho I prefer the overall design of the first, probably because the second one takes a few too many cues from the TAS version, which itself looks so fucking weird.

Like the design in the animated series looks any better in that regard.

Shit was cash money.

Btas was:
>More mature
>Handled sidekicks better (save for Batgirl)
>Handled team ups better
>Had an older Batman that didn't feel a little awkward to watch
But it also
>Had Timm trying to get Batman to put his dick in everything
>Had Ra's Al Ghul as one of the most boring characters ever
>Had a comic follow up where Batman cucks Nightwing

TB was:
>More fun
>Handled Barbara better
>Had a Joker who was more jokey than edgy/abusive
>Didn't push the "Wah, my dead parents!" button as often
>Was able to keep it's pacing fairly decent as oppoased to a noticeable thibg where some Btas episodes either dragged on or were rushed to the point of annoyance
And on the con list
>Is the reason JLU didn't get to use Batman characters, aside from Batman beyond
>Had a new sidekick focus every season and seemes to railroad the previous sidekicks out
>A season where they tried to be Justice League, but came off as a bit patronizing
>May have been the inspiration for Arkham Asylum's final boss
>Used laser guns and had an awkward "bad guys and the cops team up" segment

i dont know the batmobile look like a box on wheels

the problem with the Joker is they caved to BTAS pressure.

his initial appearance as a lunatic with no shoes in a straightjacket, was clever. They abandoned it in favor of a typical joker purple suit... but still with no shoes.

C'mon now, bad guys and cops teaming up was fine, they're criminals but they're EARTH criminals they don't want aliens taking over.

>>ALUCARD is DRACULA backwards
this has been a gimmick since the original universal movies

give it credit, at least it din't try to copy BTAS, and tried it's best to be different from it.

Unfortunately, that's why people hated it at the time, but it's also why it's held up in the long run

see I like post-redesign TB joker because you could tell he was only wearing the suit to make fun of society (see: no shoes)
he was almost like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack he clearly just didn't give a fuck

It is indeed.

>I prefer one thing, so I must hate the alternative thing

>But that's not the Clock King expy episode.
which episode was that?

This.

How'd they get away with showing all those dead bodies in a kiddy cartoon?

> Still salty because they made Batgirl and Poison Ivy into jailbait

I don't even hate it, but there are much better Batman shows. TAS and BatB being the most obvious, of course.

Easily the best outside of the fact Bane's design was insanely retarded when he used venom.

Aww, you took out the second black mask

Alucard/Dracula was a thing long before The Batman.

Though revealing it with lipstick on a serving platter was a bit much.

Why are you here or posting, you child? Don't you have school?

Patrician in an unironic sense is Brave and Bold, patrician in an ironic sense is Beware

youtube.com/watch?v=s-abGTw2sSk

No, this is.

Even the comics for it/from it were great.

Batman Beyond is one of the few positive things that has come out of the animated franchise, along-side Harley Quinn.

The idea was fine, but the execution was sooo awkward.

I actually liked this show's take on Hugo Strange, but mostly because Frank Gorshin got to do something Bat-related again.
Best cyberpunk TV show ever?

I did enjoy that. I just think BTAS was better

>Rastafarian Joker
I found the show gross looking. Big heads on little characters like Robin, Batgirl, and Ivy look dumb.

Tron uprising

But jailbait Ivy is hot.

>but this show has the rare distinction of being a cartoon that improved every season

Why else do you think I was pissed Beware the Batman didn't go beyond one season? It was already improving within the season and could've been great in future seasons.

>implying Batgirl isn't
What the fuck, Sup Forums? They're both teens, not kids.

>which episode was that?
Seconds. Warning: it'll probably give you the most feels of any episode in the series.

What the fuck is wrong with you, user?
See

youtube.com/watch?v=JDwHor1h7L4

>It was already improving within the season
Too little, too late user.
Seriously, it was too shit from the start.

The Batman didn't get good until season four, and had worse writing and stories.

Both of those are false. Season 2 was already fucking great, season 3 even better in most ways.
And it had much better writing even in season 1.

>Weird Jamaican Joker
Really ruins the rest of it for me.

Thanks user

Frogposters wouldn't understand the brilliance of this show.

TB Joker was worth it just for Kevin's glorious VA. That low rumble in his voice is just ear sex.

This episode does stand out to me as just a fantastic idea for an episode of a Batman show. It's up there with The Man Who Killed Batman as far as you can sum the whole episode up in one sentence and already tell it's fucking great

pretty sure Joker Gas on that show just paralyzed

>And it had much better writing even in season 1.

As someone who enjoys The Batman, this is bullshit. Most of season one was pure Villain of the Week drivel that was boring at best. The only good episodes of that season were the Clayface two-parter.

Season two is where it starts to pick up, then season three is very uneven in quality. Season four is all around great, and season five drops down, though never to the lows of season one.

^This, what was up with him? They also made him walk kind of like a monkey with four arm-like appendages.
Anything that isn't BTAS is trash in my opinion, but that's just because I'm one of those weird on Sup Forums in his 30s posters.

OBJECTIVE RATING

>1. BTAS
The unparalleled masterpiece
>2. Beyond
A creative and unique take on the mythos, at its best as good as TAS
>3. TBATB
Comedy gold that also puts lesser known characters into limelight
>4 - ad infinitum
Largely apocryphal. Ranges from failed ideas to harmless kids' entertainment

Most of the *show* was fundamentally VOTW, as with pretty much any episode of any Batman show. BUT it ranged from decent to excellent VOTW, in fact I'm not even completely sure what people don't like about season 1.

Yep, Joker in this show was very much a mischief-maker and not a mass murderer

As he should be. If I'm watching Batman I want to see the Batfamily fighting awesome villains, not a fucking slasher flick.

Objectively shit taste, you mean.

Beyond is ranked way too high as something that is derivative of Spider-Man most of the time. It did have some great episodes, but most of those were in the first season. The most surprising thing about it is that it has Futuristic Teen Batman, but without being as awful as one would think.

>as with pretty much any episode of any Batman show

Beware the Batman was actually pretty serialized and had arcs that progressed throughout the season. Not to say that that's a quality that makes it objectively better, but it's the first Batman show that actually does that.