What will his new name be?

What will his new name be?

Please tell me it's not going to be Flamebird

>there are people on this board who unironically think Tim Drake is a good character

second fiddle to every other robin.
>oh but he has potential to be a better dective than batman
I've never read a good detective story featuring him.

>Flamebird
Why would you even think this would be his name?

And till likely just keep being red robin for now

Why do you think that he is going to change his name?

Grey Ghost
No ties to Robins or any other heroes, ties to Batman

Red X

"Detective skills Robin" is decent concept but Tim has been turned into typical Mary Sue tech genius. He's useless, just as his token recolor - Duke. You can kill off Tim and replace him with Duke with zero loss to the books.

I don't want Duke fucking Stephanie though Or worse, Cass

>Flamebird
Where the fuck is Bette Kane?

I want him to have a harem consisting of Gotham Girl, Steph, Cass and Babs, just to trigger Sup Forums

I'm surprised he's only banged Gotham Girl so far, you'd think Snyder would do it to as many of them as he possibly could. Maybe his influence isn't stronger than Tynion's.

Cass is probably safe though, they don't want people calling her BLACKED Bat.

Because Tynion said big changes for him are coming and literally everyone has hated the name Red Robin since they came out with it.

Sadly, it looks like Tim is going to take the mantle of The Grey Ghost. But on the plus side, if done correctly, could make a really interesting take on the character.

>ywn have another run as good as Tim's Red Robin.

Stop pitching this idea, its stupid. Grey Ghost works better has his own character, perhaps even something they could honor Adam West with. A better name would be Redtail

Red Robin always makes me think of the restaurant. ...have they ever referenced that?

I've seems a lot o people here claiming that he will become The Grey Ghost, I just want to know where is this idea is coming from, I don't think it's mentioned in the comics

Tynion also said that Tim is going to be play a big in Rebirth which turn out to be a BS.

I don't fully remember the source, but it was leaked out of DC, iirc, that he'd be becoming the Grey Ghost and dropping the Red Robin moniker and costume.

It was a headcanon made up by Sup Forums, user. There was no leak.

90's kids have this weird sense of entitlement and that everything they had is objectively superior to everything that came before or after

does this include wally fans

To be fair Doomsday Clock hasn't even started yet, Tim probably will do some things.

Tim's origin always sucked
>"I was there that night, I figured it out!"
>"Batman needs a Robin!"

Of course not.
It'll be Redbird
After Jason runs around as Redbird for 5 minutes.

Jason already owns the rights to the name Red*anything* in the BatFam.
Gotta have something completely unique

oh thank god

So, whats the best possible outcome?

Says who? Regardless giving Tim the tile of Grey Ghost is a bad idea. Also
>Gotta have something completely unique
That's funny considering we're talking about Tim, the guy who was so fixated on being the next Batman and couldn't think of a better name than Red Robin after passing the Robin mantle. He's fixated on staying a bird so that limits his options even more.

Yes. But Kylefags have a right to complain

Is Kon-El still in limbo?

Jason should have stayed Wingman. Or we should have at least saw Wingman and Redbird for more than a single issue

>Jason already owns the rights to the name Red*anything* in the BatFam.
Jason doesn't even own the rights to red hood.

Yes

>just to trigger Sup Forums

>cucking your own medium to spite a board that doesn't even care about it

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF Sup Forums

Just admit that you want it because it's your fetish and get on with yourselves

has anyone claimed Batboy yet?

No, because it's a really dumb name.

Yeah. Batboy, you fucker.

How DARE YOU!

By "Sup Forums" I meant those crossboarders that come here, I'm not deluded enough to think that even 5% of that board cares about comicbooks. Just thinking about that idea made you angry, pretty amusing. I can picture the assblast if Bendis-tier black Gary Stu would actually end up having the exclusivity on batfamily pussy.

The Nastygrammer

She goes by Hawkfire now.

Batlad?

Is he still in that fucking cave? It can't be the Bat Cave, so is it the Boy Cave?

Look, man, Batboy will leave his cave when Stoop Kid leaves his stoop and not a day sooner.

>did Batboy: The Musical! in hs
>get Vietnam like flashbacks of highschool drama each time the meme of it is posted
>think about this and other embarrassing things for at least the rest of the day each and every time

save me, Batboy

Not him but you basically just clarified that it's not even for a whole board but even just to spite the small amount of people who are crossboarders. That kinda makes it even more petty.

I'm not him but if you think that would just trigger Sup Forums you really don't belong on Sup Forums. You're the one shitting the place up with that mentality.

He's been name-dropped (the shitty Johns updated version anyway, so it's only a matter of time before Tim rescues his boyfriend.

FutureTim will probably save him since he's going to be sticking around for a while.

Normal Tim doesn't even remember Connor.

But his heart remembers!

>another run as good as Tim's Red Robin.
Tim's Red Robin was mostly just pretty good. It paled in comparison to the other bat books coming out at the same time.

He does since he was the one who popularize it.

Trips of Truth.

The only issue with this is the idea of Tim acting as Batman's deep cover agent in the underworld would sorta step on Red Hood's niche, but they prrrrobably should have him stand further apart from the Bat-family anyway.

He'd just hang out with Jason more. Nobody has a problem with that.

I don't know who the hell is claiming it will happen, but I'm pretty sure I'm the person who actually floated the idea in the first place, out of the same basic logic that turned Dick Grayson into a guy using the name of Krypton's Batman back in the 80s- its a name that DC owns, is Bat man adjacent and the kid doesn't fit as Robin anymore.

user, blow his brains out and replace him in-universe and only a handful of people would know. They just happen to be the ones they write the stories about.

The very point of red hood is that it's an anonymous patsy.

Detective Duck

user, we are talking about meta level. Many people only know Red Hood as Jason.

Even in-universe, Jason was the one who made Red Hood fearsome and known until Snyder's red hood gang.

>90's kids have this weird sense of entitlement and that everything they had is objectively superior to everything that came before or after

Bitch, it's not entitlement, it's liking something more than something else. It's having grown up with certain characters and status quo that you find special or comfy.

and were superior in every way to modern bullshit

He was a supporting character in Steph's Batgirl.

Are we sure he's even getting a new name?

There is absolutely no problem with Robin, or even Red Robin for that matter.

Damian and Tim don't even interact that much anyways.

>Please tell me it's not going to be Flamebird

Read the last issue of 'tec, Bette is coming back as Flamingbird

>Duke banged Gotham Girl

I... didn't knew this.
Has this happened in All Stars?

Mr. Sarcastic.

It's more like he's going to bang Gotham Girl, she was like "And then we got married like years later" while he was holding her during her PTSD attack.

Nah, in a robin thread some user said that it would be cool for Tim to take the Grey Ghost mantle because it would make sense since:

Dick has taken the name of Nightwing, a hero from krypton, the home planet of Bruce's best friend

Jason has taken the name of Red Hood, the first alias of Bruce's worst enemy (and Jason's killer)

And the Grey Ghost is a character that inspired Bruce when he was a kid, so it would make sense for Tim to follow the pattern of "names that are somehow related to Bruce"

A lot of anons liked the idea and one made this

I'd like to remind you that Robins, Batgirls and member of the bat-family in general are color-coded

>Tim Drake is... Lobster Johnson

So far we only know that Tim will change after the battle with his future self
And we know that Tynion doesn't like the "iconic" Red Hood costume (this one ) since it reminds him too much of Dick (so he probably doesn't like the name too?)

Also we have this cover with future Tim in a new suit, could it be something like this just more slimmer (id be ok with that)

He wish.

I know just one thing, Grey Ghost is a better name than Vigilante, fuck you CBR.

Agree with the first part but in general 90s comics were even worse than current ones which is saying something (with some obvious exceptions of course)

His pre-flashpoint Red Robin run.

Gates of Gotham.

They were setting up a bunch of good shit with him right before he got character assassinated by the new 52

It was easily the most "Batman" book being published at the time, Batman and Robin was good if you like Morrison (I don't but to each his own), but it was really just Nightwing and Damien. Batgirl was Steph doing what she do, and does anything else from that time period even really stand out? The council of spiders stuff was really neat, and we were starting to see Tim build a cool supporting cast with Tam Fox and his bald murderbitch sidekick. Shit got cut short right as they were teasing bigger stuff with him going global and doing more detective shit.

It was a Sup Forums thing, even tough i'm pretty sure someone twitted to Tynion about it

This is fucking horseshit.

Barbara only wore purple in the 60's show and her most recent costume.
How the hell is Damian green? He doesn't use any more green in his costume than any previous Robin, and all his stuff is red and yellow more than it's green.

I mean that Red Robin costume is literally stolen from Dick. An alt universe version, but still.

>literally everyone has hated the name Red Robin since they came out with it.

I've seen the exact opposite

His eyes are green but yeah only those and his boots and gloves are green.

youre either too old and i dont care or youre too young to have read comics in the 90/2000's and thus have never even been alive when comics were good.

I think Snyder is counting the masks? Btw the 60's doesnt matters, since this is the new canon

Tim's been raped right?

Abused Orphan Boy

Tim was always shit, how blind to nostalgia are you?

>Please tell me it's not going to be Flamebird

It's not going to be Flamebird

Jason is Red which removes one Robin colour.
Tims main costume didn't have green so he gets yellow.
Leaving Damian with green. Also Ra''s iconically wears green

They weren't saying "yum" because they liked the name.

He gets (almost fully) blind and takes Doctor Midnites mantle.

Realistically a name that he could take and is still somewhat relevant is Talon

I've been thinking about this, it's the best idea so far IMO

I imagine there's going to be a Jason story where he's gonna have to infiltrate the criminal underground again, but Red Hood won't cut it because of all the good he's been doing so he'll say something like, "I scrapped some ideas before I got the Red Hood." And reveal a Red X costume ready to go.

I don't get all the love for Red X, is the Teen Titans cartoon so good?

It's not but a lot of people are nostalgic for it.

And everyone has hated the name Orphan and the costume that came with it yet neither have been changed.

I kind of like it, too bad for the bat-symbol tough

Yes but the difference is Wally was a good character up from COIE to Infinite Crisis.

Stop pushing your dumb ass Grey Ghost idea.

Only if he looks more like Owlman as Talon.
Talon is more assassin style and suites characters like Cass or even Damien.

Why does Duke have to be so lame? Why'd they give him this idiotic costume that makes him look like a snowmobiler from 1982? Knee pads? A bat-shaped visor? Really?

Here's at thought. How about no sidekick,? Have you considered that, sidekickfags? Have you?

This. Same reason I let my wife fuck her bull while I take care of their son, it triggers the fuck out of Sup Forums. Hopefully Duke giving all the women in DC comics the bbc will make the readers convince all of the white women they know to only breed with black men so Sup Forums is triggered.