Geoff Johns

>read one of his comics
>never feel like rereading any of them

Anyone have this feel?

No more or less than I feel like re-reading any other writer's comics.

He has some quality stuff:
>post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America
>pre-Final Crisis Flash
>Star and STRIPE
>Aquaman
>Hawkman
are all great, though he has his quirks I don't like like putting excessive violence in. I think he is or at least was one of the premiere reconstructionists, like Waid and Busiek.

I reread his Bizarro from time to time
He's great at rebuilding the groundwork for C-F listers. Like a DC Peter David

Tried rereading Forever Evil the other day, the whole event came back to me halfway through the first issue, so I moved my way to the Darkseid wars and that is just pure convoluted garbage.
Here's hoping Doomsday clock is worth reading at least.

I'm currently reading Darkseid War and it's...okay? Like, the whole event feels like it's constantly building to big moments that just never really happen. Also, good god is Grail annoying and awful.

>building to big moments that just never really happen

My first event book was Sinestro Corp Wars and this describes it to a tee

It's really weird and awkward. Like, you can clearly see where he's going with things, but once you get there it's just like "Oh...okay." and then it starts all over again.

Not really.
I reread GL Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War all the time.
Also Escape from Bizarro World is possibly my favorite Superman comic.

I like him for writing vol 1s but nothing more.

IDK some things actually happened in Sinestro Corps War that feels like a Battle.

Darkseid War with everyone getting Godlike powers ( and have said powers taken away) felt like a bad battle of YuGiOh where both players upgrade their decks with expensive rare cards and just spend the whole game countering one another's instant wins.

I bought Darkseid War last night

Thats exactly it, Darkseid wars is set up to be event to rival a crisis but it never comes close to that level of entertainment. And the deaths of Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor are very lackluster

He is hella good at getting wanting the next issue.
All his events never feel like they end strong, but it's always a fucking hype start that makes you interested in the next page/issue.

How much ya spend? I mean it's not great but it's still not Top5WorstBig2Events
Some of the tie ins are pretty cool (SHAZAM and GL).

Its a fun romp on itself. I myself have been reading dc comics for almost 20 years, and when I see a story line rehashed in a worse manner than the original story my cranium really gets cracking.

Blackest Night was the peak of modern DC.

70 USD in trades

and thank god

But you've been warned, Daughter of Darkseid is a horrible character both in execution and in this case the concept. And Metron and Mr.Miracle are handled very poorly.

I re-read his Green lantern run every couple of years or so.

Infinite Crisis is like Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It's the best worst comic.

"deaths"

It's almost worth it for Batman being on cosmic chair drugs.

Infinite Crisis is just garbage, but it's okay, it's Alan Moore's fault, not Johns's fault for writing it.

>Grail spent her entire life training for the day the Anti-Monitor would kill her father and summoned him to Earth specifically for that purpose
>Dad turns into a baby and Grail runs away to the Grailcave to raise him in secret.
Okay. That makes no fucking sense at all, but okay.

He was "killed" so he could be reborn

He literally writes for Reddit/retarded children
I cannot comprehend how hisnlevek of stupidity is acceptable; he's one of the least talented capeshit writers ever

>I cannot comprehend how hisnlevek of stupidity is acceptable
Geez, you ain't lyin', user. Did you stroke out while typing that?

How he maintains he "Big Boy" status is beyond me. He methodically writes the same.

i only liked his aquaman and his new 52 green lantern, the last issues were on point

Peter David wrote an actually good Aquaman.

This. Didn't Johns also butcher most if not all of the YJ members in his Titans run?

She IS pretty fappable though.
If ya down with the sidecut.

Forever Evil was good though.
Trinity War was just like most of his events, build up and then...Nothing.

Unless you count the whole of Forever Evil as "something" but it felt convoluted and completely unnecessary for it to happen. It was this big, loud, massive prologue for a much better storyline that does everything the prologue does but better.

>Talking shit about the johns Aquaman run
I'll fight you

This is a joke, right.

John's aquaman will fight him too, because that's all john's aquaman does

>DUDE AQUAMAN IS SO LAME LMAO
>HE CAN ONLY TALK TO FISH LOL
>OH SHIT LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG AQUAMAN IS ACTUALLY REALLY KEWL
At least when PAD was forcing the "Aquaman is cool now, kids!" shit he didn't literally put the Super Friends memes in the goddamn comic.

I swear to God they based her design on Christy Mack.

Maybe he is good at writing the overpowered stuff. Flash and Green Lantern. I know a lot of people like things like that. I don't, so I can't tell if he is better than the others in that genre.

I liked the Others.

I enjoyed Forever Evil and wished that status quo would have lasted longer.
I just hope Doomsday Clock wont be garbage

kek this

You made a mistake.

>Read one of his comics
>Never feel like reading anything by him again
That's my feel

Yeah that book was pretty good, but no one ever talked about it. The helmet guy and ghost shackle dude were pretty cool.

Probably my favorite run next to A&L's. The Trench was the first trade I bought. Now I only buy aquabooks for based Mera

Am I the only one who care and pay more attention to the artists than the writers.

Can you cope with really bad writing if it has good art?

Do you like Benes?

Nope

I mean I won't put up with shit writing for art I love, but art is my #1 priority. I won't give a comic a chance if I think it looks bland or like shit.

Well those covers are definitely Ms.Mack.

Honestly, yes. I can go through bad story if it has a really good art than go through good story with bad art.

I liked the Others as characters but not Aquaman and the Others the comic.
Many of the characters felt like they suddenly had different personalities.

This

especially the brown girl that wants to make the fucc with aquaman

>That future's end alt future where Mera becomes a dictator and Aquaman is fuggin puma-woman

>future's end

Just got reminded of this

Eh I liked it.
Then again I'm a Hellraiser fan so I'm down for horrible changed monster people.

And all the tie ins were interesting ideas of "where are they now".

It's more of a fun comic, like the metal crossover going on right now

First Flash and JSA runs were pretty damn good. He's written shit all good since something like 2007 though.

Why would you do such a thing?

He's a frogposter