Courage The Cowardly Dog

My favorite of the Cartoon Cartoons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_Tex2AN3rI
youtube.com/watch?v=Lar0fNuBA1U
youtube.com/watch?v=d5c_TyajItw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's everyone's favorite episode. My favorite is the one shown in the picture.

It's a really stereotypical choice, but definitely Last of the Starmakers. It was the perfect mix of ridiculous comedy and beautiful story.

This one was entertaining the whole way through, and probably had my favorite villain second to Fred.

It's not my favorite mainly because it's so fucking depressing, but objectively the best episode by far is Remembrance of Courage Past.

(Also the very fact that Courage only got a backstory in the very last full ep... imagine if the show had been cancelled before then.)

They finally answered the 'why was courage abandoned?' question.

I never got scared by King Ramses I think. The episodes I remember being scared by were the one with the puddle queen (I do not know why), the harvest moon one, and the one where Varg raids the farm after the windmill stops spinning.

Your favorite episode was the only depressing episode though. It shows you why Courage goes to hell and back just for Eustace and Muriel

He cant take the loss of losing his parents

???
I said it's NOT my favorite episode because of it being just so overly depressing.

Stupid dog,
You're making me gay

The Tower of Dr. Zalost.

The music in that episode was way better than it had any right to be.

Pic related is probably my favorite episode. Katz is my favorite villain and the spiders made me uncomfortable.

A close second is the episode about being perfect just for the message of perfection being subjective.

man this is one of those shows I remember watching all the time but I don't have many specific memories of it. I mainly remember the one episode of banana people and the weird monkey god they sacrificed themselves to.

I've always liked this one

The tower of Dr. Zalost

youtube.com/watch?v=Lar0fNuBA1U

"Returrrrrn the slaaaaab..."
"What's yer offer?"

This is the first truely great cartoon network show. Everything before it was mediocre. Fight me

Almost everything after it was mediocre too, user.

I remember liking this when i was 5, and then my bitch of a mother banned me from watching it after she saw muriel in the bath naked. I rediscoverd it when i was a teen and was blown away by how good it was. It combines the creepy sureealness of invader zim and rocko and combines it with geunine heartfelt sincerity. I love the fact courage is a geuningly nice person compared to so many characters from shows i like are unforgiving assholes. Its one of my favorite shows of all time, and i wish i saw more of it when i was growing up.

I can sort of agree, because as much as i love CN, i can look past nostalgia glasses and say now that most of the shows i grew up with were bad to mediocre. Fosters wasnt nearly as good as i rememberd when i rewatched it about a year ago, and i havent seen camp lazlo or my gym partners a monkey in years but i know it was shit. I didnt really watch cartoon network until i was 11 because of strict parents so i missed out on alot of their good shows. Ed edd and eddy and powerpuff girls are suprisingly good, and even though it had alot of shit episodes i will defend billy and mandy to death. Chowder was shit though even though it was my favorite show when i was 12.

I actually agree with you on just about every one of those.

Though I should add: the best CN shows are the Toonami ones, i.e. Megas XLR and Samurai Jack.

See, i never grew up on ed edd and eddy or powerpuff girls because i wasnt allowed to watch violent stuff as a kid. I havent even seen much of EE&E, but from the few episodes ive seen its funny shit and was surprised they got away with it. Ive seen my fair share of powerpuff girls recently, partially because ive become aware of how good the old series was when the remake shitted on it, and also because im like pic related IRL and like cartoons of cute little girls. I love cartoon network and its been better at what its been doing then nick for over ten years, but thats not to say most of it isnt either highly overrated or just plain shit. Especially the stuff i grew up on because i started watching CN after seeing an advert for big boogey adventure in a movie theater. I only got to see the last year of billy and mandy on tv(even though i watched almost every episode in that time because they were constantly replaying it), and i had to live through CN real and the johnny test spams, and even back then i thought it was shit. Imagine growing up and realizing the other stuff you liked was also kinda shit. I dont regret liking all those shows, as some of my fondest memories of watching tv in middle school was on cartoon network, but im not some blind nostalgia fag that thinks everything was great just because i was a kid. Thats why the 2010 renaissance was so great also, and also why im mad at teen titans go for basically putting back CN to 2008

>Thats why the 2010 renaissance was so great also
I don't agree on this. The idea of having lore and continuity in cartoons was great, but the actual shows are deeply overrated if not trash.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Western animation died in 2005. There have been a couple of good cartoons since then, but they're extremely rare exceptions.

I liked adventure time before it went to shit around 2014. Watching adventure time in 2011 was fucking godtier. It was amazing that not only CN wasnt only playing shit, hut was something legitimately funny and totally new. Its depressing as fuck to see it where it is now. Not only because of how unpopular it is and it only gets played once and then is forgotten, but because the episodes mood is so depressing now. Everythings at sunset and the characters are more serious and grim. The whole show feels dead. In all honesty im glad its ending because now it feels like putting a sick dog thats been in pain to sleep. Also, steven universe has so many fucking issues, but it did make the priority of making attractive waifus to get your show higher ratings.

Also
>I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Western animation died in 2005. There have been a couple of good cartoons since then, but they're extremely rare exceptions.
What do you mean by this? Do you have any examples or reasons you feel this way?

The main problem is that most new cartoons do not have writers. I mean that quite literally.

For the vast majority of 2010s cartoons, the storyboarders get something like a 2-page outline for every episode, and they slap something together and call it a day. They are expected to create dialogue out of thin air, even though their actual job is not writing at all.

It's called storyboard-driven vs. script-driven (the "old" way of doing it). Combine that idiocy with the blatant messaging of modern shows (SJWism), horrible artstyles (e.g. CalArts), etc.

The with THE MAN IN GAUZE THE MAN IN GAUZE

I agree with you on the script part, as ive found modern dialouge in stuff like steven universe feels slapped together and not as snapy. But i dont really see any SJW bullshit in cartoons. Also, calarts is just a shit meme. I like the current artstyles of cartoons, and its just butthurt nostalgia faggots who hate it.

The one with the flan and of course, King Ramses.

>Also, calarts is just a shit meme. I like the current artstyles of cartoons, and its just butthurt nostalgia faggots who hate it.
It's not a fucking meme. Even if you like the style, it's the SAME fucking style everywhere.
Yes, earlier decades had house styles, but those were for one company, not the entire industry like now!

I've recently been watching a lot of older shows I'd never even heard of before, they're amazing both in writing AND art compared to modern cartoons. So it's not nostalgia, it's very much real.

Also waifus look terrible in CalArts style. Just fucking terrible.

First of all, i have to disagree with waifus looking terrible. The hottest cartoons to me have been in the calarts style. But yes, there should be a bit more variety in styles for cartoons.

The style is so ridiculously oversimplified that it's almost entirely unattractive. Compared to anime(sque) style especially, it's so much worse for waifus that it's not even funny.

Well, my top waifu besides sailor moon is peridot, so im a bit biased. I like it that for every show theres atleast a couple characters i want to fuck, where as innthe 90s the klasky cuspo style made everyone unattractive

If you're looking for a cartoon with great waifus, you *need* to watch W.I.T.C.H. Most of the major characters are girls, most of them ridiculously hot.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5c_TyajItw

Katz somewhat unnerved me as a kid. A lot of the other villains in the show usually had their own issues or were wack out of their minds, but Katz seemed to have no issues about going out of his way to kill that dog