Hypothesis:

There is no good piece of media with a bad fandom.

Conversely, a bad fandom indicates a bad piece of media.

no opinions?

I've been staring at your post a while trying to come up with a counterexample.

name a good piece of media

I know I'm gonna get ass-blasted for this. But Undertale was a legit good game with enjoyable mechanics and a story that played into those mechanics.
It's just too bad that it got highjacked by furries and Tumblr autists

There are retards everywhere. There's even some that enjoy that thing you like.

Conclusion: everything is terrible and you should kill yourself.

Agree

Just look at OP's picture.

Empire Strikes Back

The reason good fandoms don't exist is because fandoms are created by lonely unstable people who have nothing positive or noteworthy about them besides their obsessive devotion to a piece of media.

>There is no good piece of media with a bad fandom.
The best cartoon ever strongly disagrees with that...

It literally got murdered by its own "fandom".

MLP is good for what it's supposed to be, which is a cartoon for little kids. There's no fandom worse than ponyfuckers.

>There is no good piece of media with a bad fandom
Twin Peaks

The thing to remember is that FAN is short for FANATIC. Generally speaking if you like something to that degree you're already kind of weird.

Most people who like stuff even something with as crazy a fandom as say Sonic or MLP don't go around talking about it outside of their friends and even then only casually.

The people who just like it are probably generally cool and not weirdos. It's just that the weirdos stand out more becuase of how far they take it.

>no worse fandom

Horse fuckers are harmless.

this
fandoms are shit by default, they just range from "common dogshit" through "baby diarrhea" all the way to "unholy black shit from the ass of Satan himself"

Good thing you're not a fan of hellboy then.

Reminder that for even the fandoms everyone considers to be cancerous the people who are shitty are a minority and people who think "these people having fun are cringy therefore they are cancer" are stupid.
Plus in every huge fandom people consider to be bad there's always a huge amount of content being created and people bonding over it.

Fags who say every fanbase is shitty are the real fags tbqh. Yeah this fanbase would be so much better if no one had fun enjoying it, totally.

Why do you feel the need to make a thread on a topic that has been discussed to death

90% of everything is terrible.
That includes people liking the other 10%

Berserk and Dark Souls are two really compelling case studies on why you're super wrong. I'm sure there are a billion other examples too.

I can find shitty Mignolaverse fans if I try hard enough, fanbases are an extremely stupid metric to judge actual works with.

Media in general attracts a faucet of 1) fans with a diehard passion that'd constantly go out and shield it from criticism, 2) attract a mainstream crowd drowning it by debasing, gatekeeping and/or play pretend cus its trendy, or 3) get those greasy, seedy elements all crawling over it cus they found it appealing.

These are but three varied outcomes, but they'll be largely present. You can probably blame the spread over time that it escalates since its contaminated at first.

Now the counter by the bad fandom indicting bad piece of media runs by assumption and not treating the product just. This is why reading up information to come to a conclusion by yourself is best.