Was Wonder Woman Rebirth a mistake?

Was Wonder Woman Rebirth a mistake?

I dunno, I don't care about Wonder Woman
Maybe Wonder Woman as a whole was a mistake

It had potential but threw it all away with that horrible ending to the Phobos and Demios arc.

Only if you're an anally devastated Azzfag

Sales/critic reviews? No.

My personal opinion? I found it so goddamn boring I dropped it.

>Sales
Hardly anything to write home about, specially compared to other Rebirth titles

>Comic critics
More useless than movie critics

New 52 Wondy was a mistake

>My personal opinion? I found it so goddamn boring I dropped it.

Wonder Woman looks like a fucking skeleton now, not a Amazon
Diana looks like a fucking anorexic model
they destroyed 80 years of the character and turned the Amazons into murderous

Pros...
> All 3 of the first run's artist, especially Sharp who is basically to WW what Ribic was to Thor. A absolute godsend.
> Very well written & tragic takes on Cheetah & Cale.
> Erasing the SM/WW relationship, fuck the haters.
Mixed elements...
> Slow pace (I liked it but I can see why others would not)
Indifferences/Yet to be seen if mistake or not...
> Taking Ares off the board.
> Locking off Themyscira/erasing WW having returned to it over the years.
Cons...
> Showing the Greek gods as barely communicative animals, is especially lame after the awesome unique versions of them from the N52.
> Coloring on Nicola's Scott's art was poor-ish, way too orange.
> Lame Dr. Poison which has extremely little in common with the classic character although a slight improvement over the Finch version.
> Making Diana non-bullet proof
> Steve's toxic masculinity line.

No, it's great. You're just an assblasted faggot.

>eye shadow
This will never stop bothering me whenever it shows up.

>> Making Diana non-bullet proof
This is objectively good you plebian (and how she's pretty much always been, despite the occasional attempt by power level fags to portray her as Superman-tier).

>Wonder Woman looks like a fucking skeleton now, not a Amazon
What are you fucking talking about?
Look at pic related & the following images.
>and turned the Amazons into murderous
No that was the new 52, Rebirth specifically undid the murderous amazon thing.

She only looked like a skeleton when Scott was drawing her for Year One, and when Mirka Andafolo did that one fill-in issue.
I don't know what Scott's deal is; she used to draw her much more muscular in the past (like in Simone's run)

Rucka's run was so fucking bad

No fuck you, she is suppose to fight gods hand to hand like Thor, her doing so and not being bullet proof is preposterous.

The prequel retcon portions were good. It helped that it had great art. The rest was at best mediocre. Wonder Woman breaking down after the never returning retcon was almost as shitty as Samus's breakdown after seeing Ridley again in Other M.

Am I missing something with Rucka's latest run? I thought it was crap but people seem to love it

>Wonder Woman looks like a fucking skeleton now

Oh, it's this fucking retard again

Yes, you're not part of the pandered-to audience

Good to know, I guess

Hated it. Gotta admit I was tricked by Liam's good tier art before it fell apart later, and Scott draws an adorably dopey Diana. But Rucka is a hack and his expertise at writing women is a meme.
Hated
>His reinventions of golden age WW tropes: Steve's"Angel" nickname turned into some tactitard codename, Etta Candy's everything
>Horribly nothing antagonists. Just a bunch of angry lesbians that did Jack
>That whole mental breakdown arc that came out of nowhere. For months the star of the book was reduced to an ultra triggered baby woman that did NOTHING for her character.
>Etta and Cheetah going full on hideous later. I'm black, and I want to genocide myself everytime I saw that abomination.
>Half the run dedicated to Rucka going reeeeee over Azzerelo's run. I don't even like Azz's WW, but Rucka didn't replace it with anything better.
Rucka sucks and only slipped past the industry's women can only write women rule by pulling some bullshit male lesbian card.

"We bad guyz. Fuck you wonder of woman!"

"i wuvz you"

"STOP, IT HURTSSSS!"

This was its level of writing.

So which crowd? Nostalgiafags and SJWs?

Finches destroyed everything Azz did so a reboot was needed either way. I like Rucka's Cheetah and Doctor Cyber, first time I've ever given a shit about either of those two. I liked his Cale but it should have ended with Cheetah killing her that would've been perfect. His Colonel Poison was mediocre. His Circe was interesting I wish she showed up more. His Steve was ok. Overall it was decent.

Honest question. Why is Cucka so liked as a writer? His capeshitters has always been completely mediocre. The only thing of his that I didn't find mediocre was Queen and Country, and Lazarus was decent. Gotham Central was co-written with Brubaker.
Batwoman, Superman, Detective comics, Checkmate, WW Rebirth were all mediocre.

Regardless GC is extremely well regarded, along with 52, and Rucka is viewed as a key contributor to both. Both of those plus his creator work gives him a pretty solid fanbase. Also pretty much the only two runs casuals know of are Perez's and Rucka's.

Most of his creator owned comics are good.
His first Wonder Woman run was good.
His Punisher was good.
52 was good.
No Man's Land was decent.
Overall he has more hits than misses.

And after the Finches and with the movie coming up, DC wanted a known writer on WW that could put out relatively solid work.

>is objectively good
It would be if it fucking mattered. She took a sniper round through her upper torso and shrugged it off better than fucking fucking Wolverine.
What's the point of stripping her bulletproof toughness if it's not even going to affect her? They could've literally left her bulletproof and nothing would change.

I know that's originally a trait because she has her bracelets and they qould be useless wenn she's already bulletproof but it's really dumb

A lot of WW's material hasn't progressed like Batman or Superman have and every writer hits the reset button because they have a different idea on where to take her

If we pretend Rebirth started with Robinson and Rucka never happened then no, it was not a mistake.

Finch and Rucka's Wonder Woman are a mistake. Robinson is proving once again why he is our savior and how we will ultimately let him down again like what happened with Earth 2.

Oh shit, the fucker did Earth 2's good part? Excuse me for a moment.

I mean the portrayal of WW is a lot more balanced and multi-faceted than it is in the past. Musclegirl Diana makes a lot more sense. And I loved the Themyscira twist

>Bullets that are weaker than Superman can pierce Wonder Woman's skin.
>Superman's punches that are stronger than bullets can't pierce Wonder Woman's skin.
>Superman's finger when thrown at high speed in order to mimic a bullet can't pierce Wonder Woman's skin.
Wonder Woman and Big Barda being vulnerable to bullets honestly doesn't make any sense given the physical force that they are capable of tanking.

Two sniper rounds through her torso. Best case real world scenario would be severe chest injuries with broken scapula and two punctured lungs, worst case scenario would be all of the above plus heart and stomach/liver trauma.

I'm no fan of Rucka's run, but if you honestly think Robinson's run is good so far, then you're both fucking idiots.

Compare to Finch and Rucka's run? It is a breathe of fresh air.

Just like how Rucka's run was breath of fresh air compared to Finch's run. Doesn't mean it hasn't been a boring, decompressed slog so far.

Diana not being bulletproof makes her weaker than Aquaman, who took a point blank rifle round to the head at the start of his Nu52 with nothing worse than a small cut to show for it.

Can somebody please tell Rucka that no one likes Veronica Cale?

Greg Rucka likes Veronica Cale, and that's all that matters.

Giffen did a pretty good job with her.

BUT SHE A STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN GENIUS AMONK GENIUSEI!

Though her whole jumbled up past or some shit was going to have to do with the whole Rebirth multiversal fuck-up and Dr Manhattan and have her be a bigger player in it

I honestly don't even remember what the reason was anymore.

Nostalgia. I didn't read much of his arc but I know it did the same shit every other arc did in that it reinvented her from the ground up and retconned everything else away. All while shitting on other writers who did that in the past. I have no interest in that.
I like Rucka for the most part but Batwoman Elegy was carried by the beautiful art. His writing was fine but it's not why it's so well regarded.

>gay
Yes. I'm sick of strong and powerful women being made gay or bi. Are you saying only women with "masculine" elements can be gay? You have to be some kind of bulldyke to be gay? Strong women can't be straight?

Its like if every male character who was short or lean was gay and bi, because only big muscle men can be straight.

It was made by an SJW for SJWs.

Did somebody say Wonder Woman?

So? What's wrong with aquaman being strong? People meme about him being useless but he's not. He's really powerful, but no one really uses him well.

As for wonder woman, she was never bulletproof, hence the braces. However, what if she could tank bullets, but they would still fuck her up with pain and bruising? Like superman when he lost his powers. He could take most calibers but they would fuck his day up. Give her that, and accelerated healing. That way bullets can't hurt her too much and she still has an excuse to block them with her braces

>Yes. I'm sick of strong and powerful women being made gay or bi
Wonder Woman being bi is nothing new, the only thing Rucka did was explicitly state what anyone who had WW already knew.

>already knew
You mean wanted to be true. You tween niggers and your yuri fetish are shit. Grow up. Lesbians suck. And strong women being turned gay needs to stop.

What's next you fucker?
>everyone already knew Diana was trans
Its only a matter of time

just make everyone bi and never say they are so people are less hung up about sexuality

>You mean wanted to be true. You tween niggers and your yuri fetish are shit. Grow up. Lesbians suck. And strong women being turned gay needs to stop.
Writers weren't even particularly subtle about it.

That nigger was a crazy degenerate and nothing he wrote if even exists anymore and hasn't for a VERY long time. To go back and say "look, here its here and I'm right" is just asking for trouble when something you don't like happens and some double nigger goes back to an irrelevant time and points out why he thinks its fine.
>look in this panel Diana hints that she likes eating out horses assholes, so stop complaining about the new run

Go eat more shit in Sup Forums you yuri fucker

>That nigger was a crazy degenerate and nothing he wrote if even exists anymore and hasn't for a VERY long time. To go back and say "look, here its here and I'm right" is just asking for trouble when something you don't like happens and some double nigger goes back to an irrelevant time and points out why he thinks its fine.
I'm fairly sure you are confusing Perez with Marston, but anyway here, have a newer one.

Yeah. It was boring as fuck

is a mix bag, like some arcs are really good, like the new origin for the cheetah and her new relationship with Diana, but other are just mediocre.

She should be bulletproof to a certain level like normal guns can't pierce her skin but some guns can. Like sniper riffles with special bullets you woud use to assassinate someone in an armored car. Still they should never be able to penetrate her body fully.

She has the strength of the planet earth itself , imagine the earth being killed by a measly bullet.

>She has the strength of the planet earth itself
Not anymore. Now she is a demigod that have the power of a full-fledged god because of reasons.

>nothing worse than a small cut
So a regular rifle round with a fraction the penetration of any AP round or HMG round was enough to break his skin. In other words he can be killed by bullets too, good to know. Just like Wonder Woman and just like Flash. Consistently.

It's almost like pretending these guys are Superman-tier when they're consistently shown not to be and will never be treated like they are no matter how many writers give their pets outlier showings is fucking retarded.

Is it just a recent trend or have comic critics always been shit?

Considering that in the issues in question during Rucka's run where she does get shot has her shrugging off a bullet wound that would have gone straight through her heart with any effect, the point of contention is that she's functionally bulletproof anyways. Also the Flash bypasses the issue entirely through his superspeed, to the point that Wally once had an internal debate on the best method to react to being shot, since he was in a crowded room at the time, after the bullet had impacted him but before it started to penetrate his skin.

>unique gods

They were the poor mans version of standard greek mythology, nothing unique there.

>Growing up on Lesbian island
>Ending up completely straight

Pick one

Batman would shrug that off too, and he is suppose to be a normal human

She was always bi.

This, I'm so tired of strong and tough woman = gay. being strong and capable isnt some Male exclusive gene or something that makes you want to impregnate women.

I honestly think WW suffer more than SM when it comes to having good on goings. She has an interesting concept, but her writers still struggle in using it well.

Nah not with WML and Perez on the table.

Is being outraged that Wonder Woman, someone who was raised on an island where lesbian relationships have been the norm for literally millennia, is bisexual, really the hill you want to die on, user?

>What are you fucking talking about?
>Look at pic related & the following images

Liam Sharp
and Cho (fired) the only ones who draw Wonder Woman like a real Amazon
All the other draw Wonder Woman as a skeleton

It was being written for trades so i can see the too slow arguement.
But i was alright.

Your parents told me me you were a mistake

>written for trades
Now THAT was a mistake. Done-in-ones desperately need to come back.

I liked her in his Rebirth run but Cheetah should have fucking killed her at the end. It's not like anyone else is going to use her.

>I honestly don't even remember what the reason was anymore.
Getting her "back to the core of her character". Rucka reset her back to close to her Post Crisis counterpart. Only thing he couldn't change was the Zeus origin.

Practically everything, especially DC stuff is written for trades now, which is a mistake. It's like they're actively discouraging the sale of singles.

The issue isn't writing for trades in itself, the issue is that often times most writers don't pace for the trade. WW Rebirth particularly suffered as not only was it paced for a long-term plot to be collected in trades, it completely cut between narratives rather than interweaving. I get he was trying to maximize the bimonthly schedule, but it would have been a far better move to have the origin stuff running as a backup or to stick to one plot at a time and get them out twice as quick.

How did WW threads get so fucking awful
Not even half a year ago they were great and informative

The LCS market has been stagnant for decades now and barely even saw any improvement with the wild success of the movies and other media

The bookstore market is the only place they've seen growth, and it's been growing for a long time and saw huge growth with the movie boom. TPBs continue to sell for months and even years after the original publication, with the early New 52 volumes STILL selling shit tons to this very day and Rebirth volumes already matching those numbers.

Most of them are pretty average for here. There aren't a lot of new things to discuss, WW:EO was lackluster, Rucka's run was divisive, we're waiting to see if Robinson will shit the bed, and we don't have the influx of new interest from the movie anymore.