Did this comic scare you?

Did this comic scare you?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/2014/08/13/magic-not-be-who-i-am-grant-morrison-chaos-magic-and-western-mystery-traditions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really, but I think the "reveal" page of Intellectron was built up well enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Yes but I was 13

user, you're not supposed to admit you're underaged.

I'm 18 now

This book came out two and a half years ago.

it was fun

It was a metaest meta book of the century.

Comics are the worst possible medium for horror, so no.

No, but I liked everything about it.

I haven't been impressed by a Morrison gimmick for 20 years.

You know you're not suppose to tell us you're underaged

Junji Itou's books are pretty spoopy so it can work if done right.

“Turn the page, slave”

Book was great, the problem is the lack of follow up. It all ended on a set up but then... poof.

Can someone explain some of the symbolism? I didn't really understand the significance of
a)Neighbourhood Guard and their cannabilism
b)all the adults being named Ultra
c)The original Ultraa showing up to bite the crystal off Ultra Comics' head

I put it down i still have finished it

CLOSE DIS THREAD SLAVE

Doug Mahnke's skin-wrapped skulls usually scare me, yes

user.. please..

Thought that was Carol from the thumbnail, but upon opening it, they look decidedly more feminine.

And remember kids, don't sleep in Time Machines.

This. Boy was this thread trippy

I was convinced you made everyone leave 10 mins ago

-I just felt sad because I genuinely thought that our mind energy was going to help Ultra beat Intellectron.
-I was a bit disappointed that they just rehashed the cannibalism twist from Superman Beyond
-I also wish that they tweaked Ultra's dialogue depending on how his issue was collected and released (digital, softcover, hardcover, singles)

>Universe where the Watchmen are actually their Charleston counterparts
How did I not recognize this

>-I just felt sad because I genuinely thought that our mind energy was going to help Ultra beat Intellectron.
me too........ that would have been so fucking based

>this book was around two years ago
>uptick in "meme magic" since then
Was this Morrison's plan?

yes

mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/2014/08/13/magic-not-be-who-i-am-grant-morrison-chaos-magic-and-western-mystery-traditions

The idea of chaos magic is really interesting to me and using comics to achieve it is interesting as well. I should really read the Invisibles soon.

DO. The first two volumes are incredible. It starts to fall apart at the end like most morrison stories.But if you consider Flex Mentallo and Animalman's endings as not falling apart -youll love it.

I started practicing chaos magic after reading an essay by Morrisson on the topic in Heavy Metal and trust me, it's legit. I don't think I can explain it, but it really works.

I'm gonna go with
>a)Neighbourhood Guard and their cannabilism
Just another set of overused, regurgitated, simplistic ideas that waste your time, pulling from stuff like the Newsboy Legion and the Morlocks.
>b)all the adults being named Ultra
There's a lot of ways you can go with that, I don't know.
>c)The original Ultraa showing up to bite the crystal off Ultra Comics' head
New iterations and the creativity inherent within them inevitably being destroyed by the snapback to status quo. Alternatively, tying into the themes of the oblivion of continuity, the chains to the original series just lead to you wasting your time pouring over the horrible old books.

Ito's shit isn't scary. It can be weird and gross but if it's actually scaring you, you're a gigantic faggot.

That's manga, not comics.

Honestly most forms of horror shouldn't be scaring you. The worst it can do is startle you.

They're literally just comic books, don't be that guy.

no

>watch House of Cards
>”he can’t keep getting away with it!”
>Kevin Spacey can no longer keep getting away with it

Good stuff

I was baked as hell when I read it, and even though i'd gotten over it and was already moved on, having had a psychotic episode once years before made it really fucking creepy in general.

just the way it was constantly talking at you... weird shit.

>getting scared at anything horror related
Horror is never scary. No one watches horror medium to actually get scared. They watch it cause that shit is cool and entertaining. I thought I didn't have to explain it in my post but I guess autists like you won't understand subtlety

idk man. I made the mistake of reading "hair in the attic" and "the hanging balloons" on the same night.

too scared to go outside, too scared to be inside.

I have autism and schizophrenia, after I read it the next half week was a nightmare.

Yeah, I was pretty spooked.

Why would I be? It's ink on a page.

Morrison is overrated as fuck

mindblown

but you can't meme Sup Forums

>-I just felt sad because I genuinely thought that our mind energy was going to help Ultra beat Intellectron.

...Were you LARPing or something?

>Horror is never scary. No one watches horror medium to actually get scared.
I think that you just never experienced a real horror

thanks for the link, good read. Anyway comic didn't scare me but was still great. Multiversity 2 when????

Are you me?

Perhaps it is you, that may write it one day

Where do I start

By sending me 10 dollars to killyourself at fuckoff.com

Am I you ?

This doesn't change that he's pretty darn good.

>It's ink on a page
So are you

FUCK