Absolutely incompetent and useless Empire: the animated show

Absolutely incompetent and useless Empire: the animated show

Attached: 69935-star-wars-rebels-season-four-key-art-tall-169-lg.jpg (1440x810, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhdsTCUybeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The show is great. A shame they made him blind and gave the kid helmet hair.

>disney star wars
surprised?

Everyone said Star Wars was for kids. What's the problem? I wish I had fucking Star Wars cartoons when I was a kid. Had to settle for Exo Squad and the hilariously dubbed/edited Teknoman.

why lightsaver so thin

lol thought this was fortnite at first

The show was ok, although i had a hard time swallowing the over-powered females and the MC becoming the comic relief during season 2 and 3.

About the incompetence it's true. Far gone are the days of Jimmy henson "dont treat children like idiots". Bad guys are stupid and rebels are fuxking genious .They should have left chopper hack the fucking central inteligence of the empire and be done with that.

Attached: 1521628505985.jpg (370x311, 55K)

They went for the OT lightsaber rather than newer versions. In the picture it looks weird but in the series looks much better actually.

He jobbed so hard to the Rebels. The only difference between him and his officers is that he didn't lose his calm about it.

Attached: face_to_face_with_thrawn_sw_def645cb.0.jpg (1200x800, 72K)

>See he isn't a rip off Katarn, he is also a Kota knock off
>gotta save on the hair animation budget

this, he just fails as all the others, but he's always like all smug about it, that's so stupid

gonna leave this here
this is canon

Attached: starwarsrebelscanon.webm (888x500, 2.31M)

Who could predict space whales showing up out of nowhere and raping your fleet

Newton is the one spinning here.

No it's not. Fuck disney.

lmao what the fuck

They should have established Erza being a jedi with great affinity for animal-related force stuff. One sentence of Jared for making these kind of power canon would have sufficed as the boy expends half of the series interacting with animals.

It's too bad since I thought the voice and music theme for Thrawn were goat

It's a shame of raping the Zahn trilogy and the game the Force Unleash

>The show is great
Back to

Attached: Road Runner.webm (1280x720, 990K)

Attached: Battle of Lothal3.webm (854x480, 2.84M)

I can't believe there are people on this board who can say this is somewhat good.

post the one of the Royal Guards, but their budget is so shit they just point their staffs and use magic

still better than Nu Wars movies, I liked Sheev in the last episode

I still don't fully understand what the shit that was

>fucking link with animals
Literally disneyified jedi, why doesn't he fucking sing with them too

>X-Wing shoots with its s-foils closed
This triggers me immensely.

>watching the last episodes right now
A fucking stargate...

best control has been a thing for awhile

Attached: anakin_beast control.jpg (1019x434, 74K)

How else will Filioni save his waifu?

How far fetched. I guess in the real world, circus trainers are force sensitive.

There's still a bit of life in the husk.
It's being strangled, but it's there.

Attached: Obi Wan vs Maul final.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

>retcon robot legs when what needed retcon was maul surviving at all

>gee i want to make star wars these characters fly for plot reasons
>too bad there's no not a single compact device that can allow a single person to fly for short distances in this entire entire universe
>just make their lightsabers helicopters lmao

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x225, 14K)

Even Legends had the sense to make robot leg Maul non canon. Having him stay around was retarded

Attached: darth_maul_cyborg.jpg (781x993, 144K)

K I N O

>Absolutely incompetent and useless Empire: the films

Attached: star-wars-ot.png (640x307, 413K)

Why is it when disney moms get triggered, their first defense is to shit on the OT like they were never originally fans of them?

>some fuckwit greenlit this knowing jetpacks exist

Attached: 1490750002832.png (305x250, 97K)

Saying the Empire was never scary or competent is not the same as saying the OT was bad. The only reason you notice it in Rebels is because you're not a kid anymore

OP here, my fault to post during the working hours at disney

This fucking ending, man. The Lothal rebels trick EVERY Imperial on Lothal into reporting into the main Imperial building, which is launched into the air and exploded. Thrawn's fleet is mostly annihilated by space whales and then the survivors are hyperspaced into the Unknown Regions. And then the Empire NEVER WENT BACK TO LOTHAL. The Empire whose policy was "Fear will keep the local systems in line" completely ignored that a planet had killed every single officer on the surface and cost them 16 Star Destroyers over the course of the show, never went back there for FIVE YEARS. It would just take sending a few Star Destroyers to glass the planet with an orbital bombardment, but the Empire NEVER WENT BACK. Lothal is in Tarkin's jurisdiction, and he's one of the most ruthless, pitiless bastards in the Empire's employ. Sheev lost his chance to gain power over time on this planet, and we're supposed to believe he'd just ignore it afterwards, when the stupid contingency plan establishes Disney Sheev as spiteful beyond all reason.

All this right after Filoni introduces time travel just to save his waifu. What a fucking hack. Star Wars is dead.

Attached: DumpsterFire.gif (353x269, 3.14M)

>ANH
opening scene has them storm a rebel ship
they later murder Luke's aunt and uncle
The Empire tortures Leia
The Empire blows up a planet
Vader kills Obi-Wan and the crew only escapes because they're allowed to

>ESB
Vader murders an officer for ineptitude
Empire storms the Hoth Base with only a hiccup from the snowspeeders and otherwise has practically no resistance
Vader murders another office for something that wasn't his fault
Empire captures and tortures Han, Chewie and Leia
Vader defeats and maims Luke

>RoTJ
Sheev Ambushes and nearly wipes out the fleet, and only fails due to his, admittedly, incompetent and useless ground forces.

Not exactly a 1:1 comparison, m8.

>X-wing survives a direct hit from a Star Destroyer's turbolaser
mfw
OooOoooOo0oOohhh
I'm the ghost of John Mahoney!
I will haunt this board until I receive the stickied thread that I deserve!

Attached: oooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOO.png (638x696, 483K)

I had some hope with the third season, but that last one is a total scandal.

3>2>1/4

To be fair, a lot of this will be due to Disney not wanting to spoil merchandise by having the heroes fail, so the writers have to bullshit a reason for it
>All this right after Filoni introduces time travel just to save his waifu
That was probably written in so Disney can retreat ground when they've driven everything else into the dirt

>admittedly, incompetent and useless ground forces.
It was an entire LEGION of his best troops.

>LITERAL
>FUCKING
>TIME TRAVEL

btw I see they're pushing more and more for the "grey" bullshit, they even refered to the Mortis episodes... omg

>opening scene has them storm a rebel ship
And let an escape pod containing the DS plans reach the planet's surface
>they later murder Luke's aunt and uncle
Innocent civilians are killed in Rebels too
>The Empire tortures Leia
People are tortured in Rebels too
>The Empire blows up a planet
The Empire gassed an entire race in Rebels
>the crew only escapes because they're allowed to
Literally every time the Rebels fight Thrawn

>Vader murders an officer for ineptitude
Incompetent officers are executed in Rebels too
>Empire storms the Hoth Base with only a hiccup from the snowspeeders and otherwise has practically no resistance
Practically the entire rebellion escaped and the Empire stormed an empty base
>Vader defeats and maims Luke
Vader defeats Ahsoka and Kanan is maimed in Rebels

>ROTJ
The Empire's most elite troops literally lose to teddy bears with sticks

I'm not even a Rebels apologist, just someone who actually watched the show instead of just cherry picked webms. The Empire is no more incompetent in Rebels than it is in the OT

They did lay the seeds in season 1 of him being able to psychically communicate with beasts and turn them against his enemies, so its not like they never established it before.

so I think that during those 4 seasons, one stormtrooper actually shot one of the hero ONCE, it was problematic hair mandolarian but she casually gets up right after it tho

Clone Wars had better animation and better fights, but had no real overarching plot besides being sent out to thwart Grevious and him running away.
Rebels had a lot more heart put into the characters, and helped preserve the best aspects of Clone Wars and continue their story for the fans. Their was also much needed closure.

just stop it mom

Hera is FLAT.

Attached: Hera.jpg (606x1080, 113K)

I remember /swco/ saying it wasn't REAL time travel. I'm glad the Sup Forums mods trimmed that cuck shed.

they literally made a muh strong mary sue twilek on purpose because it used to be a literal race of whores... couldn't be possible anymore under vagleen Kennedy

>The Empire gassed an entire race in Rebels
I forgot about that
I was surprised they'd be willing to go there.

Anyway, you're missing the point that those things happened over the course of 4 seasons, and the incompetence was significantly more present; it makes the times they're competent or threatening more diluted.

To contrast, the Empire was afforded more victories, threatening moments to contrast with when they fuck up.
They also very rarely have commanding officers fuck up more than once without dying, whereas Rebels features the commandant and his croney, Governor, captains, Inquisitors and even Thrawn making repeated fuck ups and they generally die to their own ineptitude rather than getting explicitly executed.
I think Tarkin, Vader and the high inquisitor were the only ones that were allowed to be consistently threatening.

Don't be a fag, these aren't shill talking points

>missed the episodes where Vader and Thrawn BTFO the Rebels

She's remade Jan Ors, user, like how Kanan was remade Kyle Katarn/Rahm Kota.
And also a vehicle to confirm twi'lek/human hybrids, because at least one person working at Disney knows how to throw a bone to the neckbeards that form their ideal audience.

Of course there was no overarching plot, it was a serial show about events throughout the war. Rebels cast was trash, Kanan was the only great Rebels OC, which is why they had to borrow Clone Wars and EU characters for all their biggest moments. Eza, Sabine, Hera are all crap, Zeb is just the big guy.

Don't talk shit about my waifu, and she's not a mary sue only a good pilot

Attached: 1514402722955.jpg (1100x747, 135K)

>Zeb is just the big guy.
had to be done

Attached: 1392809124990.jpg (1292x689, 358K)

you're cherry picking a few examples when you know full well the Empire is played as a slapstick in Rebels. Compare them to the Clones in CW.

Kallus, too. He's just an evil mook for the first two seasons before he has the episode of being alone with Zeb, which was fairly good. Then he had his mole storyline in season 3, which was nice, joins the rebels... and isn't used at all until the finale where he's just another Rebel on the ground. Trash show.

Clone Wars was also rated PG while Rebels was rated Y-7. Rebels was never going to be able to be as dark or violent as TCW

I don't think that's the case.
The main difference is the scale. The nature of the films means that the Empire has to have a chance to be a threat for the movie to work, while simultaneously only being able to be beaten so many times; it means even their humiliating defeat by Ewok only happened once.
Rebels, by nature of being a series that largely follows the heroes, by necessity has to have the Empire fuck up more, or at least only get token victories. Otherwise they wouldn't have a show.

btw, where the fuck is VADER???

terrible taste

disgusting

Quite rightly only turned up in around 5 episodes, and demolished everyone he came across with the exception of a sucker punch, whereupon he still ended up walking away.

Robot legs Maul is a part of Lucas' canon, though. He was in Clone Wars after all.

no

Attached: 43143910.jpg (800x1023, 238K)

Why is it when manchildren get triggered, they talk about disney moms?

>cherry picking a few examples
>mfw
They virtually win all the big battles except for the last one.

Attached: 1521140017513.png (423x859, 841K)

>gets btfo with arguments
>n-n-now l-look at this meme
forty keks

so it's faithful?

I like to think a tiny shit of 6 people should not have blown up a many star destroyers as they have. The threat of those things is totally gone now.

Every time his ship blew up or a base was destroyed he always clasped his hands together and said something like
>All according to plan...

Apparently he was more instrumental in taking the empire down than any rebel. He oversaw the loss of a lot of ships, bases, and troops since that was always all according to his plans.

>wants to show the team aging by changing their appearance
>keeps the teenage boy at the same height and voice

lost potential

Guess being a rebel makes you rather lean and stringy

literally subverting our expectations of what a twilek is

He did destroy the rebel main base though.

Ezra has the most significant design changes over any of them though

The show is good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the new canon.

Pic related was fantastic. Worth checking out if you are one of those people who don't like how he was represented in Rebels

Attached: thrawn novela.jpg (1052x1600, 303K)

Attached: rose.jpg (772x1000, 117K)

>but it doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the new canon.
Most of the new canon is on the same level, or worse. Comics are dull as shit with a few exceptions. Books, minus Thrawn, are trashy genuinely SJW shit. Oh, and who can forget the lovely movies Disney has released?

so the guy had to basically rewrite his own character to fit the nu-canon? no thx, I'll just rediscover his original trilogy

How does he get killed off?

The fuck are you talking about?
That person has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.
Are you just that obsessed?

He didn't have to rewrite shit. His personality still very much the same. Most of his background also, Chiss empire and all.
He doesn't.

tentacle raped to death by space whales

Space whales that have natural lightspeed capabilities took him into the phantom zone

>Same level or worse
I couldn't disagree more. There aren't a few stinkers in there for sure, but that isn't exactly new for Star Wars supplimentary books. Pic related was really really good too.

I'll agree though that the comics are nowhere near as good as the Dark Horse ones were. They aren't offensively bad or anything, but aside from a few exceptionally good examples they are nothing more than passable.

It's a shame episode 8 put such a bad taste in people's mouths. Everyone is so ready to dismiss anything published with a Disney logo on the back as garbage when in reality they are at least on par with the EU

Hell, only a few short years ago even Sup Forums seemed to be able to agree books like Lost Stars were worth reading

Attached: catalyst.jpg (625x950, 135K)

Allegedly the novel about the red armor pirate from TFA was pure kino. I never got around to reading it though.

Not really. It's a different continuity so some stuff is retconned, but he's mostly the same character. The book is completely different than his previous trilogy however because instead of being an antagonist to the typical Han, Leia, Luke fare, the book is sturctured more like a biography of him manipulating and rising through the empire.

He doesn't. Infact he has another book coming out this summer.

Attached: 9780525480488.jpg (296x450, 37K)

>It's a shame episode 8 put such a bad taste in people's mouths.
TFA isn't exactly well liked either.

>it's true
youtube.com/watch?v=dhdsTCUybeU

Fuck Star Wars.

I'm surprised they didn't get mark to cameo as Luke.

Attached: WMPe1ea11cd-a458-4c93-b887-b23187a314e9[1].png (229x435, 88K)

Back to /swco/ with you. Oh wait, they wiped out your cuck shed. /trash/ then.