Now that the dust has settled

Which episodes were worse?

Adult Party hands down.

Games, no question.

The Games episodes were a gradual decline in quality and resemblance to what it was imitating, where APC was unwatchable right out of the gate. Ren Seeks Help is the only one I like and that was a holdover from the Spumco era anyway.

I will say though that APC had its moments, especially in the Ralph Bakshi episode. But other than that it's just awful.

sorry, didn't mean to reply to you.

The games animation era had a handful of decent episodes, only episode on adult party cartoon I remember liking was the one with ralph bakshi but it's been a few years since I've seen it and doubt it was even that good to begin with

Mitigating factors suggest that both have pros and cons. It's too difficult to answer.

Games Animation
>Beautiful backgrounds
>Billy West's Ren impression is hilarious and fun to imitate but doesn't quite hit the right spots John.K is able to
>Emotional pathos is thrown out the window and replaced with more approachable comedy. The pacing is noticeably faster.
>The rambling old man, Wilbur Cobb, is George Liquor's stand-in. You either love him or hate him. I think he's hilarious.
>Carbunkle Cartoons doesn't animate anything in Seasons 3-5. Things are mostly Korea by this point, and well they kind of just "go through the motions" as they say.
>Things tend to be more angular and less organic.

Adult Party Cartoon
>The subtle and subversive Ren & Stimpy you knew from your childhood aren't present in this show. Things are more in your face and are presented full frontal. I tend to think that was part of why the original show was so good. Sneaking it in and being inconspicuous is just more enjoyable.
>Carbunkle Cartoons returns with good animation despite the colors and backgrounds being kind of boring and Ren & Stimpy being mostly unpleasant to look at.
>Stimpy's Pregnant and Naked Beach Frenzy are boring unfunny wastes of time. Fire Dogs 2 is fucking hilarious.
>You know that odd pacing John.K has in his cartoons where it takes like 10 hours just for a few things to happen? That's here.

I made these little collages over a year ago and haven't touched them ever since. Hope you enjoy them.

There's supposedly a new R&S documentary that's going to shed more light on all the other artists so that's good.

Here's the other one.

>Sneaking it in and being inconspicuous is just more enjoyable.
This is such a huge factor. The innocence (by comparison) and restraint in the original show is what made the naughty moments satisfying. It's weird how much John hates the network's guidelines seeing as they're perhaps the biggest reason the show is so memorable.

>those first two Chris Reccardi drawings
kek

SO WHAT'LL HAPPEN??!!

neat

Bump

It's a bit of a hard comparison to make since the Games episodes went on for three seasons while Adult Party Cartoon only had six or seven episodes. That said, I consider the worst Games episodes to be better than most of Adult Party Cartoon.

Games really could have benefited from some Carbunkle-animated episodes here and there. The only Games episode I remember which stood out for having better than average animation was coincidentally the one where Stimpy became an animator.

Chris
It's very close but I have to say Vincent over Chris

I know a lot of people love Chris, but I think that Vincent is one of the best when it comes to drawing characters. I think they feel more expressive.
Bob Camp also has some good ones.
Also, I love the thing they do with the fingers (when they make them more detailed as a way to add emphasis to the expression).

I thought the colors and backgrounds of APC were pretty good and fun.

I think Games was going for a UPA style, while Spumco was trying to do 1940s WB style.

Well the UPA style didn't suit R+S

Ren & Stimpy ushered a new era of animation that never was been