ITT: Harshly reviewed films you think will one day be remembered as classics

ITT: Harshly reviewed films you think will one day be remembered as classics

Attached: counsler.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

Agree, my friend
I'm actually working on a fanedit of The Counsellor
No title yet

Attached: counselor.png (1279x986, 428K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

What are you going to change?

What an unsettling movie
I love it

100%

The '''press''' tried to kill it.

Movie is good, but it's nothing compared to the screenplay, which is a masterpiece.

>fanedit
why?

If anything the issue is what was left out.

Why did the press try to kill it?

And I agree with you about the movie vs screenplay thing. Cormac Mccarthy is one of the greatest living writers and he pops out gold consistently. I feel with another director this movie would have been massively acclaimed, I don't think Ridley Scott has much real talent, but the script carries it.

>Why did the press try to kill it?
A little too close to the truth. Especially the screenplay.

Most people don't understand TC. The drug plot is just a metaphor.

I'm changing almost everything. From main structure to individual scenes.

Now it begins with Cameron Diaz in the confessional and ends with Diaz again at the restaurant. It sets the tone and the goals of the movie much better

Fassbender-Cruz sex scene is intercut with Bardem-Diaz hunting, and some dialog from the end, Rosie Perez scene comes much earlier. There are tons of small cuts here and there, some parallel montages..

It's just a hobby. To see what works and what doesn't.

>I know what works better than Cormac McCarthy

find a new hobby desu

A metaphor for what exactly?

that's how you learn to do things, m8

By correcting a master's work.

Yeah, no... sorry.

Not to be too abstract, the nature of crime v. law. The nature of light v. dark. etc.

No, it really isn't

dude hubris lmao

hi brainlet

Dawn of justice

Are you metally retarded?

hi shill

both are shit

Anywhere one can download it on the internet?

Why are you replying to that moron?

Your taste is shit

Attached: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice posters.jpg (1600x1185, 741K)

Oh a very old world form of crime, filtered through Semitic culture. Where does it come from, what does it mean, and what happens when Western culture/thought flirts with it?

Things like that.

my taste is unadulterated, you need to stop watching shit and being a contrarian

Yep. Counselor is every bit as redpilled as Eyes Wide Shut. Maybe more so.

I don't want to be one of those /lit/fags but seriously, the book was better. So much richer in detail and much more bleak. So while that exists, I don't think the movie will be remembered as a classic simply by comparison.

Could you guys tell me more about this? This is interesting. I knew it was obviously a metaphor, more about big picture themes, much likes Shakespearean tragedy, but haven't heard this before.

Both are shite movies that tried too hard.

It's been years but from what I recall the screenplay was not very cinematic. The dialogue was god-tier, as is most of McCarthy's work, but the narrative would have worked more as a novel than film. I also thought the casting choices were off. There was little chemistry between any of the leads even if they are all great talents. Ridley Scott really wasn't the perfect choice for this as his work rarely shows any nuance. I also thought the Ruben Blades phone call lasted way too long and the Penelope Cruz snuff reveal lacked impact.

I also find it disconcerting McCarthy hasn't released any new material since this. He was never really known for writer's block, but it's been more than a decade since his last novel.

Destiny, greed, naivety, poor judgment

>I don't want to be one of those /lit/fags but seriously, the book was better. So much richer in detail and much more bleak. So while that exists, I don't think the movie will be remembered as a classic simply by comparison.

I tend to err on the side of lit every time. However, I could never catch on to Ballard's prose. I find it dull and clinical. As for the film, well, they're all adaptations. Wheatley's movie is a satirical romp about class structure, capitalism, etc., which I found a delight to view. the imagery was rich, the dialogue witty, and a lot of it was laugh out loud funny. I don't think he stuck the ending, but it's still a must-see film - as are all his others.

Something which has permeated and taken root in every aspect of our culture & economy like a virus, a practice which is not even remotely considered "criminal" today, even though everybody knows & openly acknowledges that it's steadily squeezing the life out of this entire society and bleeding us dry just like that little wire contraption that kills Brad Pitt at the end of this movie. And yet somehow, impossibly, nobody does anything and we just keep moving closer and closer to the inevitable conclusion that history has seen many times before.

Diaz didn't do well playing a savvy, cheeky, cold business woman. Never fully bought it. Agree about Cruz's impact.

And parts of the dialogue are better suited to a play/book, than a movie, but this wasn't a huge problem. Still overall a good movie.

Pitt was surprisingly good too.

pure underrated kino

Attached: Season-of-the-Witch.jpg (1200x898, 313K)

I don't remember this movie really be regarded in any way but I think it will be a legit cult classic eventually.

Attached: Repo-Men-Gallery-5.jpg (600x340, 137K)

Inevitability + inability to predict consequences. or call it fate, something something the wheel of Fortuna

What is "it" though? What is the practice?

Not him but sounds like he's talking about credit/money loaning with interest. The banks.

sounds like hes talking about juden

The Bible calls it "usury."
Most Jews aren't complicit and many of today's worst offenders aren't Jews. But yeah, traditionally speaking, it's frequently credited to and associated with Jews

The more cynical side of me thinks this is basically just our programming. Nothing good can last forever, any system we create is destined for eventual total corruption and a massive bloody war to tear it all down and start again fresh. I don't really think it's possible to identify & correct the flaw before that part happens, because that's never been done before and we sure aren't doing it now.

I agree about Wheatley as a director but feel the opposite way about the film (though it was perfectly cast and the soundtrack was perfect)...I feel like Ballard's clinical, distant prose was ideal for the text. It feels like a dispassionate news report about an escalating military conflict.

Only retarded edgelords like this movie. Everyone else agrees that it was mediocre as fuck.

I don't want to jinx it but guys, we're actually having real discussion in this thread with some depth of analysis, can ya believe it

It was comedykino

Attached: workaholic-2.jpg (1000x520, 121K)

>dubs

nice

I think as the kids who loved this film are getting older (myself included), opinion towards it is getting kinder, but it still got totally shat on when it was released

Attached: hook.jpg (480x360, 47K)

I think a lot of recent sci fi will be remembered more fondly than when they came out. Stuff like Riddick, Gamer, Chappie, the Robocop remake, Oblivion, Tron: Legacy, etc.

hopefully
agreed, seems hard to find someone who dislikes it these days though it is a very generational thing

the mummy
like it or not - your choice but here reasons why:
1. zero-g plane stunt - cgi gonna be more and more used and studios wont risk and there are no such based actors as tom who would push to do it for real
2. princess ahmanet - twin eyes and tatoos. its really different than all other ones in 85 years of mummy career. bondage scene was also something never seen before in mainstream blockbuster
3. rare case of movie crossing symbolic 400m boxoffice that did not reach 100m in usa - one of few movies hated in usa but still hits worldwide
4. tom cruise recieved golden razzie for this movie. people gonna check it just out of curiosity
5. after years of movies with incorrect hulk-like image they finally made jekyll/hyde more (still not 100% but oh well) accurate to source
6. if dark universe dies movie gonna be remembered as the only single one that killed cinematic universe
7. every single mummy movie became classic (black and white ones, hammer films and 90s one) and they were harshly reviewed when they came out - yes including that brendan flick. it was also criticized a lot

Attached: 1519005280266.jpg (947x1500, 331K)

I am really close to pirating this shit right now

You forgot scene where ISIS warriors are destroying remains of ancient cultures. It's very important and sad sign of our times.
These things survived centuries of wars, robbing and looting but will not survive grenades and radical Islamists.

I'd rather have real discussion and analysis of how low your standards are

Or you could contribute to the thread and post a film you actually think is good

>Now it begins with Cameron Diaz in the confessional

she goes to confession because of her conversation with laura. removing it from that context is retarded.

opening with malkina instead of the green hornet/the drug deal is also retarded, as the whole point is that the action of the drug deal motivates the progression of the main story, which is a sort of greek play series of philosophical dialogues. it's also essential to the overall story and the character of malkina that her true nature is gradually revealed. the way the focus shifts from the defeated counselor (malkina's prey -- a vestige of the old world) to the victorious malkina (a portent of the dark, horrifying new world) is important as well.

your fan edit is dumb.

Malkina meddlings with the drug deal are the main part of the plot. Laura's mention and many other lines of the confession were cut.
Conversations are still there, just intercutted or separated by theme (still working on it).

Malkina's true essence is already there in the original cut, make it a "reveal" is repetitive. Put it right at the beginning is more direct.

Green Hornet is in the background where it should be.