Quick: somebody tell me why this show sucked

Quick: somebody tell me why this show sucked.

Attached: MV5BYTFmNzRlNWYtMmFmNi00ZTFiLWJhODgtOGM5ODQ5NTgxZWUwL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNDQ2MTI@._V1_UX182_C (182x268, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sn3ZDTphxvQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The hook up was the mystery and every reveal felt flat.
Also it's basically one reason the rape and all else is trivial.
The protagonist blacks out during conversations every 5 minutes.

Watch it for yourself. Don't make decisions based on what others say especially Sup Forums. Personally, i thought it was okay.

I don't have the slightest bit of interest in watching it, I just lied to somebody and said I had seen it and that I thought it sucked lol

because they put up a warning to discourage teenage girls from killing themselves

Just riff on people from Sonoma county

I thought it was good.

girls need something to watch, too

It's whole premise is that a stupid roastie rejected an autistic robot for Chad Thundercock, and when he pumped and dumped her she cut herself for attention and accidentally died because of it
Would've been great if it was self-aware, but it isn't

The wrist-cutting scene at the end was the only good thing about this shit show.

This. Although I had been hoping she'd hang herself so I could Jack off.

When is season 2 coming out anyway?

It doesn't. Get drunk/high and it's a riot.

Also the suicidal girl is unlikeable and half the shit happens to her is her fault and nobody else's.

Sometime this year
Tentatively looking forward to it for school shooter kino

I don't think it has a release date yet.

Me too. And the resulting backlash at "glorifying" school shooters what with parkland. Should be pretty funny.

Friday apparently.

>let's spend 10+ hours on something I didn't have much interest in in the first place
pick your battles user, not everyone needs to be a principled self-opinionated hipster individual in this day and age
at least not for flavor of the month Netflix shit

Shit, awesome. Hopefully I'll have time to watch it.

it exaggerated everything to the point it because retarded/funny. if you like super overly dramatic stuff or just immerse yourself and forget, its alright. Definitely caters toward "depressed" people

Why was she such a fucking bitch?

Attached: 1494515949394.jpg (2000x1333, 386K)

youtu.be/Sn3ZDTphxvQ

Attached: 07.jpg (1088x1536, 623K)

Retarded show that inaccurately portrays mental health but everyone sucks it off because "muh awareness". I went through high school during a time when kids with mental health issues, both real and faked, were at an all time high and none of the shit that actually happened even came close to the level of retardation in this show.
Oh yeah and high school girls are all horny sluts they'd never scream "rape" as long as the guy's dick is above 4 inches.

It's the ultimate victim fantasy.

This.

>Oh no! Someone took a panty shot of me. I'm going to kill myself.

Pointless teenage melodrama.

The point of the show is to show kids how the little things people are doing ended up fucking Hannah over and making her feel depressed and alone to point of wanting to commit suicide. Nobody in the show besides Bryce did anything wrong, and that's the point, because if literally any of those other people were just friendly towards her and didn't fuck her over, she would still be alive.

The show wasn't made for people who are suicidal, it was made for the middle/high school kids that think that their actions won't effect other people around them. So to answer your question OP, if you are not a teen or a pre teen or you are already fully aware that even small levels of unpleasantness could eventually wear down a person then yeah, that would probably be your reasoning why this show sucked.

shes really cute when she has short hair, but still real annoying.

>because if literally any of those other people were just friendly towards her and didn't fuck her over, she would still be alive.
>that even small levels of unpleasantness could eventually wear down a person
jfc are you kidding me with these nuggets of wisdom or what?

Because I didn't care about one reason why she killed herself, let alone 13. The show was glorifying the worst kind of manipulative, narcissistic, "everybody has to care about my feelings" self-centered self-destruction. I honestly think this show is morally detestable and just plain bad. Loaded with coming-of-age cliches played without an ounce of humor, nuance or sensitivity

Thats just the theme of the show man, the first thing you quoted just backs it up.

forced idiotic teenage drama. every episode he listens to one tape then starts asking questions just to be told to keep listening to the tapes...it's fucking stupid. almost everything she was bitching about was pathetic crap. the only people who can relate to this are dumb teenage girls

Listen to the tapes

Attached: tony.jpg (550x550, 60K)

You're not supposed to relate to hannah youre supposed to relate to literally anyone else

you're not supposed to relate to anyone in this garbage, you're supposed to laugh at how terrible it is

you're right

what is this 1950s greaser look? do teenagers actually do this?

no, it's just that kind of show

The ones that desperately want to be white do.

Attached: clay.jpg (683x768, 100K)

JUST LISTEN TO THE TAPES!!!

Attached: pathetic.jpg (236x231, 6K)

its just a leather jacket..

do you see his ridiculous hair you idiot?

I would bet money that thought it was cool and bought himself a leather jacket too

delete this

nah it's okay I bet you look good in it, and I bet nobody noticed how you "subtly" changed your posture & attitude to match your new jacket

of course he looks to the black chick when saying this

I mean Raimi directed the episode so it makes sense.

holy autism

which is the chad move to do.
the black girls basically throw themselves at him later. unironically

Name a more beta MC.

Attached: beta clay.webm (853x480, 2.52M)

mfw similar situations happened to you as a teen and you never capitalized and now they never happen again
LEAVE HIM ALONE

Attached: why.jpg (633x758, 68K)

>girl told you, in your face, that she likes you
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD YOU FUCKING NORMIE!

Attached: 1520642749320.jpg (418x381, 29K)

Pathetic

Attached: beta clay 2.webm (853x480, 2.9M)

OK: it was about teenagers.

He really rustled your jimmies there.

He also drives a retro car. plus the hair

you literally have the answer on the poster.
Hint it's written in red

Trips of truth

Wasn't Clay the only non-gay member of the cast too? Sad!

Attached: Confucius.jpg (858x520, 69K)

can we all just agree that bryce was /ourguy/

Attached: soc_med_mapping.jpg (1014x408, 267K)

wtf does paypal have to do with anything

watch the show

>watch 13 hours of joyless crap just to understand a shitty meme

Attached: exasperated face.jpg (500x375, 18K)

don't watch it then faggot

The girl didn't have a reason to an hero.

Her family always loved her and supported her. Even when she lost their parents savings.

>All the reasons were trivial except the rape and upskirt being shared
>Making Clay go through her trauma all while forcing him to believe he was one of the reasons
>Making 2 tapes about Justin even though he had nothing to do with any of it
>Hannah did not stop a rape
>Dragging the black girl into the situation even though it had nothing to do with Hannah
>Getting mad at the gay kid for anonymously publishing her poems that everyone thought was good
>Jeff deserved better

I felt bad for Hannah in the beginning but by the end I did not like her at all. The show was good when it had the mystery and kept people guessing on how bad of a person Clay might be but the payoff was terrible. There also should not be a season 2, is there going to be 26 reasons now?

>>Hannah did not stop a rape

that's really all anyone needs to know about how much of a piece of shit she is. she's in the room while her friend gets raped and doesn't do anything about it after. instead, the show just focuses on her feelings towards that rape. like omg her friend getting raped really messed her up, i feel so bad for her, her poor feefees

faggot

t. hannah

This
That chick actually did get raped, Hannah didn’t yet that is meant to be her suicidal catalyst
Selfish whore

>paypal
Makes me chuckle everytime.

Attached: tenor[1].gif (250x250, 1.79M)

This makes too much sense, I must be lost.

>itt: incels who know literally nothing about rape
You know you're lucky, you bitter little virgin shits, that nobody you know has gone through trauma like that, directly or indirectly. Maybe if you'd stop victim blaming people for bad shit that happens to them, you could be more likeable people and normal girls will want to talk to you.

Attached: 9vz.jpg (985x720, 256K)

please tell me

she got raped

>roasty or white knight

It glorifies sudoku

He's Chad Thundercock and he's loaded.

and? why did she keep it as a secret from her family who always supported her and loved her?

If she would have a cancer or a disasease which can't be cured, I would say ok, don't tell it to your beloved ones because your last days will be suffering even for them. But with rape??
It was very selfish from her to go out like this and very unlogical.

>t. minor autist with normie tier rape victim girlfriend
fite me /r9k/

Attached: 1377590854951.jpg (625x486, 55K)

t. buttmad idiot

the show shot itself in the foot when hannah didn't do anything while her friend got raped, and she did nothing after her friend got raped. she's a pile of garbage. how can you even defend this? the show just uses it to show how she felt about it... fuck her.

aspie

I havent seen it since it came out but I remember her losing her families life savings or along those lines, so she felt like she let them down and probably thought they resented her for it.

The suicide scene is pretty cringeworthy. I doubt anyone watching would see that and think its something theyd want to do

>so she felt like she let them down and probably thought they resented her for it.

that is not tue. Her parents were little sad, but they told her it doesn't matter.

Well at the very least it definately made her feel like a fuckup like she was ruining their lives.

There were a couple of suicides that happened thanks to the show and also an increase in suicide-related web searches

you got a link for that first thing? Also that doesnt mean it was glorified, they suicide itself was really gruesome to the point that it felt like a different tone than the rest of the show. Cant really control how people react beyond that.

i though she killed herself because she was just lonely and not satisfied with her relationship with people
turnout she was just raped
also she end up bullying another teen to death
i though this could be a genuine show about teen depression and stuff but not even the slightest
the MC is retarded
the pacing is shit

you know people don't really need tangible reason to an hero
depression isn't a disease for nothing

This reminded me of Life is Strange, where there's the subplot of bullying the Christian girl to suicide whilst being all high and mighty about how good of a person you were.

You don’t have a lot of friends, do you?

ktvu.com/news/2-families-endure-suicides-blame-popular-netflix-show
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/22/netflix-drama-13-reasons-blamed-inspiring-teen-girls-attempted/
refinery29.com/2017/06/158168/13-reasons-why-copycat-suicide-tapes-peru
I don't think it glorified suicide as much as it did that spiteful feeling of "I hope you feel guilty for the rest of your life"

the girl that kill herself got avenged anyone that do her wrong go either in prison or end up killing themselves or super guilty
it kinda say "do it ,the ones who hurt you will pay"

Yep. It should have been called "13 Reasons Why it's Everybody Else's Fault I Killed Myself".

>now stay tuned for my sarcastically-written 13-hour suicide note because I'm gonna take my fucking time to reveal anything resembling an actual reason
>that's right, I'm still going to demand inordinate amounts of attention after I'm dead

Attached: thisfuckingbitch.jpg (720x720, 79K)

I dont think anyone here is seriously denying that she was raped in the hottub. I think everyone feels bad for her because of that. The thing that gets people mad is all the other things that happened to her were not that bad. She also did not prevent one of her friends from getting raped and then blamed someone else for it. Justin literally did more to try and prevent Jessica from getting raped yet Hannah blames him for it.

Many girls do not like this show, that surprised me quite a bit. I mean normal girls, ones that have visible self harm scars seem to like it.

>it's your fault I'm a dramatic teenage bitch who killed herself to spite everyone yet calmly made an audio series beforehand and calculatingly distributed it

Needed more Built to Spill