Kubrick was known as a perfectionist. Almost autistic in how much attention he paid to the tiniest details

Kubrick was known as a perfectionist. Almost autistic in how much attention he paid to the tiniest details.

This film took over a year to film. Over 15 months, including a period that included an unbroken shoot of 46 weeks.

A week after the film was completed, he died of a heart attack. He must have poured his heart and soul into this. It literally consumed him.

Yet, because of the focus on the technicalities of film-making, and not the human side of film, it turned out mediocre.

Thoughts on what he considered his "magnum opus"?

Attached: 1513939969728.jpg (391x550, 52K)

>Kubrick was known as a perfectionist.

Attached: 1512177232637.png (513x768, 768K)

Almost autistic? Lmao dude was beyond recovery and his career was over after full metal jacket.

the underlying context of the the protagonist being a bourgeois Jew in the original story is pretty important to the whole thing so it's a bit simplified and just a simplistic sexual jealous that fuels the protagonist in the movie

>Kubrick was a shut in suffering crippling social anxiety and scared to leave his house let alone country
He tried his best with what he had. I mean he shot Vietnam in London, somehow that worked though.

Yes he was afraid of planes so he had to resort to that.

Post the Moonlanding one. It's all but confirmed he helped hoax it.

>pol on eyes wide shut
Kys

>it turned out mediocre
Go fuck yourself. It's kino.

are you actually stupid? the only thing you can comprehend is;
>Jew
>hhh boll!!!!

>moonlanding hoaxer
>le jew pol
Kill yourselves.

>THEY ARE TURNING THE FROGS GAY!!

Attached: 4a3.gif (448x252, 2.84M)

"turning the frogs gay" is literally why BPAs are illegal.

>perfectionist
>has made ONE good movie

Mmmmmmmk'.

>FROGS

Attached: AVmyV_s-200x150.gif (200x150, 797K)

Alex Jones weren't wrong.

Pepe, a smug frog, have been synonymous with Sup Forums in fake media.

You're all faggots.

It's true. The Moonlanding were filmed in Kubrick's basement. Let /x/ redpill you on that.

Waterfilters

Attached: 8a8.gif (360x202, 1.58M)

Eyes Wide Shut intrigues me so much, I watched it twice in a row. It really feels like something is under the surface, and although I'm not sure there actually is, there are at least nods to the conspiracies i.e. the mansion being the Rothschild mansion, the mask party being based on a Rothschild party, etc. The whole film feels like, even in production, there was more to it, more under the surface and that Stanley knew something, and I wonder if that is simply the feel Kubrick wanted to go for, that like Bill we would slowly peer beyond the veil, get our toes wet, then back off.

I would guess Kubrick really believed in the secret society stuff, and knew more about it. Considering he was an autistic perfectionist genius, there is no way the film is simply just a look at a relationship between Dr. Bill and his wife, and about sex. Even the name Dr. Bill implies there's more to it than just sex. He solves all of his problems in the movie with money, but he hits a hard road block with the elites- it's not about money, they have stupid money sure, but it's about power and status, which Dr. Bill just doesn't have. He saw something any common man was never meant to see, and no matter how wealthy he or anyone is, they can't just become one of those elites. There's so much to it in depth, but since Kubrick died before even his final cut was submitted it's really hard to say more than that there is something to it.

The fact that you're posting that image, that it's a surprise to people, that it looks indistinguishable from filming on a real street, shows he was perfectionist

This part was explicitly meant to feel paranoid.
If you think Kubrick really was just lazy, he had massive, massive sets built that are exactly that background, but physical and real, which Tom Cruise also walks through in the movie. So there is some intentional reason why that section was shot like that, and it's because it was 1. meant to make it feel dreamlike, ethereal in quality, and 2. to give Bill a sense of detachment from everything else, convey that he is really stuck in his own head about his wife and that sailor.

>mediocre
elaborate or go fuck yourself

What's the deal with it being a movie about Reptilians/shape-shifters?

Supposedly there's clues.

See