Dumbing of Age. DoA. (Dkill ome Aplease.)

i don't care about anything
just get to joe's dad fucking amber alre

wait
Wait

Okay, when the fuck did they even hint that Joe's dad would be arriving on campus? And why would be have knowledge of who Amber is, anyways?

Oh sweet Jesus, is there going to be a subplot for the next few years implying that Amber and Joe are illegitimate siblings? We already know that Amber's mom and Joe's dad fucked at least three times in college, so it wouldn't be a complete out-of-nowhere pile of bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>she's literally talking about shit so dumb even the artist admits it's dumb
>dude is still the bad guy for tuning her out

So why does anyone hang out with anyone else on this campus? Who is un-ironically enjoying and supporting this comic at this point?

It's almost genius that Willis has been able to keep this charade going for 7 years, without any of his fans asking questions like.

>Is a guy who flamed out from college in his first year *really* one to talk about the College Experience?
>Is the middle-aged dude with a wife & two kids *really* the voice to talk about LBGTQ issues?

It wouldn't take more than a few long time readers to start pulling from his house of cards.

Honestly, it would be better than the whole thing with Faz.

I bet Joe's dad is with Amber's mom so they can surprise Amber with dinner and talk about their relationship.

She wasn't talking with him, but just sperging non-stop about her dumb hobbies she knows he doesn't care about without letting him get a word in.

You don't get to be mad when you don't even try to really engage with them. What an ass.

Because Willis apparently is a feminist dude and its on hiveworks. The most stupidest fucking comic host site since SNAFU and Fireball20xl.

They do ask those questions, they're just immediately singled out and ostracized as irredeemable bigots, sometimes getting banned/muted/whatever.

I believe our esteemed friend Yoto was once a distinguished fan of Shortpacked before a particularly egregious example of stupidity on Willy's part. When he disputed it Willy and his fans' responses were foul enough it drove him into our arms.

I'm pretty sure that a beard like that should stop just above the adams apple, not just below the jawline like that.

>That was a joke. I know you don't care.
This is one "you" away from being Willis' motto.

Don't forget the guy with depression who was criticized into a breakdown.

Or one "I".

You just gotta love it how these people that like to think of themselves as progressive are the first to turn on the people they claim to be defending when they have the wrong opinion.
And so vicious too, like hate you'd expect from an actual racist or someone that hates the handicapped and mentally ill.

>a beard like that should stop just above the adams apple

Not if you trim it regularly. I've gotten a little lazy with mine, lately, so it goes down to that point, but normally my neck is bare.

Yep. GirlAnon here. I also got ostracized for questioning why Carla thought her being trans was more offensive than how annoying and rude she is.

Carla's always been a bit funny as a character. Her abrasive personality is treated like a positive thing but it's very clear in the comic that she has no friends. Mike has friends, Sarah - for all her protestations - has friends.

That's not your neck, though. Some do more than others and there are chinstrap style beards that just line the jaw bone edge, but with a stubbly beard like that you want it to naturally stop at the boundary between jaw and neck which is some variable distance above the adam's apple.

It looks more natural and better from the sides n stuff.

When did that happen? Last I recall, you were talking about DID over there. Of course, I try not to go into the comments if I can avoid it... bad for the blood pressure. "Oh, they're talking about Mary again... and oh dear, my right eye has popped out of its socket."

>Carla's always been a bit funny as a character.

During the storyline with Carla's stupid machine. It's why I came here in the first place.

Went back a few months ago for a comic or two because I was really ticked about the DID stuff.

Ugh, I'd forgotten that whole thing. You've reminded me about that idiotic Rube Goldberg machine plot.

My blood's as angried up as if I just drank some sarsaparilla!

And I actually came here under similar circumstances, though earlier. I followed Willis through all of Shortpacked and had read It's Walky for the Martian hijinks, but as Shortpacked began to close down, I noticed the bad strips were getting more and more obvious and the politics were getting more blatant. When I migrated to DoA I just couldn't keep going. I wondered if there were more people like me that had encountered the same problems I had - but any time someone like that appeared in the comments, they were always shouted down.

I think Carla is meant to be friends with Sal’s gang, but it doesn’t come off like that since other than Sal & Marcy, they all act like total cunts to each other.

Also what is it with Willis and unlikable cunts? Ruth, Mike, Mayla, Carla, that black lesbian whose name i have forgotten, etc.

Maybe Willis just has a fetish for soft femdom and tsunderes. Emphasis on "tsun", of course.

Tomboys and the like. Shortstack tomboys who play video games and step on your dick.

Carla really only interacts with Sal. He might be trying to have Carla and Amber become friends; the two times they've interacted Carla has been uncharacteristically nice towards Amber.

>Becky will never try to softly dom Dina only for Dina to turn the tables and reveal herself a brutal and merciless lezdom

youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Ironically Dina shows a strong preference for religious themed BDSM.

She'd stumble over Dina's Tinder profile: Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

I'm surprised the thread lasted long enough to post the new one. Seriously, is there any reason for this guy to be here? Did I miss a strip where Joe said he called his dad for advice about getting hacked?

I miss Patreanon.

I can't figure out what tone and emotions are supposed to be conveyed here.

Too bad

>I'm doing your mom on the regs
Since when does he speak like that? Is he possessed by Becky?

I'm figuring it's annoyance, of the "Go talk to your mom and stop being bratty, she's worried and even if she won't tell you directly, I sure as hell will." variety.

Clearly Amber's mother had a freakout when Amber stopped responding to her texts, so she and her new boyfriend drove down to IU to check on Amber. Those fucks!

this is actually a touching moment

Shame the whole event was dumb and made no fucking sense

In case you didn't know, that's an edit. I don't care enough to find the original, but she flips him off and walks out with a smile.

Dick.

Stop making beckaroo a likeable character

>it wouldn't be a complete out-of-nowhere pile of bullshit.

No. Just a standard David Willis pile of Bullshit

As much as I hate the guy, Willis is only 37.

Middle age is like 55

Becky uses her stand to posess Joe's dad so she can bang Amber's hot mom.

I'm 41 and I sure feel middle aged.

But her mother was already on campus.

Pic Related.

You beat me to the punch, only I was going to say "why is the middle-aged man talking like a particularly illiterate teenager?"

Fucking Willis how can you be so shit!

Because Willis isn't emotionally honest enough to admit that you can still love people even if they are terrible to you and that even though you want to say goodbye to them in a blasé and "funny" way, in real life it isn't that easy.

He only has his wife as a baseline for positive female affection.

Which tells you all you need to know about their marriage.

>Mom shows up at school cause she's worried about you.
Not impossible in a college setting by any means, but once again this feels like more of a high school/boarding school thing.

Also, I had a weird reaction to this, cause Amber lives on a higher floor. So, my mind went to her mom stalking that floor rather than what is probably the lobby and common areas of the first floor in actuality. Meaning that Joe's dad waited for Amber to leave the caf, get an elevator, get to her floor, see her mom, get back in that elevator, get to the ground floor and go back to the caf. All in one panel.

>hiveworks
>snafu fireball20xl

Elaboration user? I don't know anything about hiveworks but I see a lot of comics on it these days. What's the deal?

I'd totally read a comic about a sheltered churchmouse girl turned into a spunky, magical lesbian sex fiend.

I think this is something where it actually feels like a college setting, since I saw parents just barge in on their children multiple times when I was at college.

Anna.

Not unreasonable to bring your boyfriend when you go to check on your daughter.

I thought the same thing.

Mid-30s to late-50s is what I consider middle age.

Yeah this is the part I'd actually say he got right. My mom wasn't suffocating or anything, but when I ended up in the emergeny room (threw my back out) and didn't respond to texts while I was out of it on painkillers, the first text I did see was the one where she said she was on her way.

Amber just went through some shit, and she stopped responding to her mom. It makes sense Stacy would do this.

It's funny. Everybody in the DOA comments are saying how Joe's dad is meant to be an example of how Joe will turn out if he doesn't change, and what a tool he is... and sadly they are probably right, because that would make sense with both Willis' opinion of Joe's attitude and his parents are evil themes... but right now, Joe's dad is a sucessful doctor who seems to be getting his life back on track after fucking up, finding himself a hot milf he hits it of with quickly sexually and is developing with emotionally, to the point where he's doing things for her sake.

Joe's potential bad end seems pretty fucking good right now.

but he's creeeeeeeeeeeepy

I think it's the eyebrow furrow that makes him come off as creepy. Remove the furrow and he'd probably appear friendlier, or at least more humorous rather than unsettling.

The implication is that Joe's dad couldn't keep it in his pants. Under a writer who actually cared having Richard be a decent guy but a shitty person in a relationship wouldn't be too difficult.

Unrelated to anything discussed so far, here's the most recent bonus strip.

And then the next actual strip, in which Amber goes and talks to her mom.

>Becky mocking Walky for having too much free time

And the odds of Joe and his dad understanding Amber's reference are...?

pretty good since she’s referencing Star Wars, the most popular movie series in the world

Long live patreanon!

Becky's look of shock in the last panel of the bonus is pretty funny. She's more bothered by that than seeing her dad with a gun.

I haven't been in one of these threads for ages. How many times has he mentioned Trump?

Oh boy! It's that time again!

A new update from me!

Yaaaaaaaaaay!
"mw"

Well, I already saved it as a PNG, so nothing i can do about it now.

Becky's new thing is to be a superior, smug bitch to every single person she encounters.

When does this even take place?

>daughter doesn't text
>drive down to campus with your boyfriend and make him coax her out of the cafeteria
That seems like kind of a dick move, but I don't know how Willis sees people so for all I know this is what he thinks is normal because it happened to him once.

>When does this even take place?
Now

>daughter which is an unstable stabbin mess goes stops answering so you drive all the way down there to make sure she didn't hang herself or stab her hand while high on antipsychotics but then you're too scared to face her when you see she's alive because you fear she will beat you just like his father for being an overprotective bitch so you tell your supportive partner that you want to go home but he understands what's going on and fixes everything for you, revealing that asking with his son he's the only sane man around
*ftfy matey!

>two years later the art is still shit as the first day
>well at least looks like he proof read the 26 words he puts in his shit
>mw

Joe, despite his ladies man status, is actually a nerd.

>NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS

it's an odd thing to say, though

Have we addressed the fact that, in universe, both the 3DS and the Switch were released in the span of less than one semester?

I'm sure that by the time Dumbing of Age eventually ends, Willis will have not only been able to make a reference to a film series but also its reboot a decade later.

YAY!

Where did Walky even GET a Switch? Did he buy it?

Yes, multiple times.
Every day something new comes up we address the fact that wiley is fucking shit.

>mfw mw

Would she not spazz that the Trex doesn't have feathers or some bullshit

Doesn't everyone have a deep love for the plucked-chicken lizards of our youth?