What was the point of the first two tasks if whoever grabs the cup in the maze wins?

What was the point of the first two tasks if whoever grabs the cup in the maze wins?

Attached: goblet-of-fire1[1].jpg (1000x1500, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-24/12-plots-characters-and-extra-details-that-jk-rowling-cut-from-her-harry-potter-books/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it was DEH

Attached: 6296ac2d534ad20b7278ec5aca5129a71c9570c5dfcdf3c1b394369d7d191c7a.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

Better starting positions in the maze?

inb4 stretch their legs copypasta.

JK Rowling is notoriously bad at coming up with fictional games. Quidditch is the main example, but this is another

Why is there an audience at the maze entrance as if they'll be able to see anything after 10 seconds lol

Fuck off tumblr

Why was he so excited at the Chinese Fireball? Did he want to see a child be burned or eaten alive by a dragon?

The entire plot of Goblet is contrived as fuck.
I bet Rowlings only idea for the book was "Voldemort gets ressurected" and then built it from there

accurate

Same shit for the water challenge, You see the contestant disappear under the water and then wait an hour

Why didn't Crouch Jr. just grab Harry and apparate to the graveyard the first time he met him?

This.
I want to know more about GobStones dammit.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Attached: oooooooooooo.png (1920x800, 1.58M)

Can't apparate out of Hogwarts

>group thinks they see bbeg about 200 feet down from where they are
>group had traversed through castle going all the way to the top killing many baddies to steal an orb that was being used to collect souls after being sacrificed
>the souls had "floated"to the top of the castle which the bbeg had convinced his followers that only impure souls had "floated" up and into the orb
too long to explain, so i wont
>so they get the orb and think they see the bbeg in the field from a window a player looks out of to check to see if anyone is coming
>each window was a balcony and the player was going out to listen for reinforcements, not to see but saw people outside doing some ritual
>pulled out telescope and saw bbeg
>rogue comes out and sees where the bbeg is after being told by the player that had the telescope
>pulls out 2 daggers and decides to jump out and land onto bbeg and stab him and stab him
>crit fails
>i decide to let him at least take down a follower
>so he misses, but kills wrong guy and dies himself

pic not related, but it is kinda funny

Attached: 100%.jpg (379x3795, 442K)

holy shit, wrong thread, i am sorry if this derails it, i am gonna close this tab now, i am sorry

This isn't tg you drunkard

Where is copypasta sama

The rules are whoever doesn't make it through the task is eliminated and doesn't go through the next one. They're all designed to test different things, so if you fail at one you've proven yourself to have insufficient ability to go on to the next one.

The better question is, why was Harry such a rude prick to Neville? He had a lover's spat with Ron and so he actively chooses to hang out with Neville doing his dumb herbology shit. He knew what he signed up for. But instead he sits there like a moody little faggot and when Neville starts really enjoying himself doing the one thing he's good at Harry has the nerve to go "Neville. You're doing it again." come to think of it Harry was just a rude little turd to several people over the series

Then why was Fleur in the maze? She didn't finish task 2

where the fuck is the post

"Deh!"

Why would you organize a wizard tournament where two of the events are terrible spectator sports?

When it's clear that tools to detect enchantments are common as fuck and even a squib could use them, did no one discover who Moody really was?

Why not just Aparate (however you spell it) at kings cross, grab Harry and disaperate in the same second before anyone can react?

Could have done it when Harry was in Hogsmeade

Post it yourself, parasite.

it's the only book that she regrets writing so probably true

They were counting on some champions dying in the first two events

Listening to the audio books at the moment, they're relatively fine but holy fuck, the info dumps.

So many chapters of people just sitting around doing nothing but explaining events. Dumbledore has to be the biggest Basil Exposition character in literature.

Have characters discover things as they go or actually show the events you talk about. Saving up a bunch of mysteries for a big "after the action" reveal conversation gets so tiring and she keeps doing it. Half of the Deathly Hallows is this.

She used her pussy magic to get harry to rescue her person too.

Argggh arggggh ar arggg argg ARGGH ARGGGH ARGH ARGGH ARGH ARGHHH ARGH ARRRRGH ARRRRRGH. Arghh argghh ARRGGH argh arrrrghhh argghhh argh arghhh argghhh ARGHHH ARHGHHH RAAAAAAAGH raaaghh hhhraaa arggghh RAAAHGHH arggh argghhhh argggh arggh arggh ARGHG ARGHH . ARGGH ARGhh hgaaar arggh argh, argh ARGHH ARGHH ARGHh arghh ARGHH ARHGH ARGHH ARGH arghh arghHH ARGHH ARGHH ARGHHHH—RAAGH RGHAHHHAAA ARGGHH ARGH , argh raagh arrrgh.

ARGGH ARGHHH RAAAGH HRAHAHH argggh arhhghh ghraaaa ARGGH ARRGHGH RAGHHHA ARGGH ARGH arghh argh agghhh; ARGGH ARGHH RAAGH RAAAAA argggh RAAGH argh ARGH ARGH AAAARGH argh argghh raaah AAARGH RAAAAGH ARRRRRGH—RAAGH RAAAAAAGH RAGH RAGH-AAAAARGH RAAGH ragh raaaagh. RAAAGH RAAAAAAAAAARGH RAAAAGH RAAAGH raghh raagh raa-RAAAGH (raagh raagh), RAAGH RAAAAAGH RAAAAAA RHAAAGH raaag-RAAGH AAAAAARGH ARGH RAARGH aargh raaargh raaagh raaagh, RAAAAGH ARRRGH RAAAAGH. RAAAGH RAAAGH AAARGH AAAAARGH ARRRGH ARRGGH AAAARGH. RAAAAGH, AAARGH, AAAAARGH, AAARGH RAARGH AAARGH ARRGH.

>ARRGH AAARGH RAAAGH R-R-RAAAGH ARRRGHT
"ARGGHHH!"
AAARGH RAAAGH AAARGH AARGH; AAARGH AAAAAA AARGH RAAH . AAARGH RAAAAGH GAAAAAAH, AAARGH RAAAAGH AAAAAARGH ARRGH RAAAGH ARGH ARGH RAAAGH, ARRGH RAAAGH AAARGH AAAARGH RAAAAGH araaaghh ARRGH raaaargh ARRGH "arrgh ARRGH AAAARGH."

aargh ARRRGH AAAAARGH ARGH ARGH ARRRGH AAAARGH AAAAAAARGH ARGH ARGH ARH ARGH ARGH RAAGH ARRGH. ARRGH ARRGH AARRRGH ARRGH AARGH RAAGH ARRGH AARGH AARRRGH ARRGH RAAGH ARRRG. ARGGH ARGH ARGH. arrgh arrgh arrgh arrgh RAAAGH RAAAGH ARRGH ARRRH AARRGH RAAGH ARRGH RAAGH RAARGH RAARGH ARRG ARRGH ARRGH ARRUGH. ARRGH ARGH ARGGH ARRGH ARGGH, ARRGH ARGH ARRGH ARRGH ARRGH ARGH ARGH AAARGH ARRGH ARRRGH. ARRGH ARGH ARG ARRGH ARRGH AAAARRRGH ARGH, "ARRGH ARRGH ARGH ARGGGH ARRGH ARG ARRGH arg 11 ARGH 12, ARGH ARRRGH ARGH ARGGH arggh arrgh argh raaagh raagh ragh arg arg." ARRGHH ARGH ARGH ARRGH ARRGH. ARGGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARG. ARGGH AARRGGGH "ARRGH ARRGH" arrg arrrrrg, arggg arrrggg, arggh ARGH ARGH ARGH AAAARGGH.

Attached: 1521072698816.jpg (1594x2857, 1.3M)

JUSTICE

Attached: PotPlayerMini64_2018-03-28_20-53-51.jpg (2560x1440, 330K)

I remember reading something where she said a particular chapter in Goblet had to be rewritten like 20 times because of plotholes and that she'd never reveal which it was.

Based

I bet it's the challenge in the lake Chapter

oI be t it was the chapter where its explained who moody actually was

Harry was a fucking asshole. He's even worse in the books I've read all of them.

He should've been a slytherin

Your post was too wholesome for this thread, now back to shitposting

Either the final reveal chapter or the Pensieve scene

still pissed about Neville trying to stop him from sneaking out in the 1st book

well his dad was a chad douche bully so..

what was the point of the asinine philosopher's stone ('sorcerer's' for illiterate amerifats) trials if any death eater worth his salt can pass through them with his eyes closed?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Someone post the copypasta

>"ARGGHHH!"

Attached: 1494966063764.jpg (248x203, 24K)

>Quidditch
The most retarded game ever?
The only thing teams should focus on is injuring oponents seeker. And that's pretty much it.

>any death eater worth his salt
Forget Death Eaters, what about wizards in general? The trials were beaten by CHILDREN, that's how bad they were. Most of them could have been beaten by spells Harry didn't even know yet. It makes no sense.

WHAT'S DEH TIME BOIS?

Attached: DEH.jpg (873x522, 89K)

There is a theory that Dumbledore actually planned on Harry getting to the stone. This is why all the tests are things that he and his friends are good at.

Death eaters wouldn't pass the last test. Only someone very capable as Dumbledore, Snape or full Voldy could beat the mirror.

We are unlucky to witness one of the dullest shitpostings in the history of Sup Forums shitpostings. Seriously each post following the Voldemort grimace and his ridiculous cry of "Deh!" as dehfags post assorted memes has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the memes’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make dehposting unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when mods vetoed the idea of banning the dehposting; they made sure the memes would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously inexhaustible shit content for this board. The dehposting might be anti-Potter (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Sup Forums posting in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. However, unfortunately, we still have to.

>a-at least first 50 times were good though
"No!"
The meme is dreadful; the idea was terrible. As I lurked, I noticed that every time a dehfag posted a meme, another dehfag replied to him with the phrase "BASED."

I began marking in the text file every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had my file size reached several dozen kilobytes. I was incredulous.Sup Forums's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of dehposting by one of the baneposters. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are dehposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to post Bane." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you post "deh" memes you are, in fact, trained to banepost.

Attached: 1506167804533.jpg (1623x2886, 1.27M)

>Not making a Sup Forums shitpost tier list to accompany this
Apply yourself

The books don't really hold up well when you consider them all at once. But maybe it was
or perhaps that Quirrell ultimately couldn't access the stone and would've been caught messing around with the mirror of Erised, considering Dumbledore knew when Harry was using it. further one could say that Dumbledore probably suspected Quirrell or was actively monitoring him for any information on Voldemort's state

Should I be embarrassed for laughing at this?

Well Dumbledore was keikaku master so I wouldn't put it past him

Based AAARGH poster

>French Half monster girl
Yeah, I'd let her slide as well

>Quirrell ultimately couldn't access the stone

There must have be a spell to access the stone and bypass the mirror. Otherwise it's beyond OP. Why didn't Voldemort just hide his horcroxes in similar mirrors and the put a password on them instead? No one could ever access it, except himself or someone he told the password.

d-deh?

Also how the fuck did Barty Crouch Jr mimic Moody's personality so well it fooled Dumbledore himself?

He had a good actor

Attached: hitagi-senjougahara1.jpg (2560x1600, 998K)

They do do that a lot of the time. Thing is some quidditch games can go on for days and days because they don't end until the snitch is caught. On top of that catching it only gives you 120 (or 150? i don't really remember) points so its perfectly possible for one team to catch the snitch and still lose cos each goal gives you 10 points. This is what happened in the quidditch world cup in fiml 4. Ireland won but Bulgaria caught the snitch.

>senjougahara
worst girl. mediocre anime

She also had to rewrite the whole book because she invented a character so retarded that the plot fell apart.

What if both seekers get injured? Do they just play the game for eternity?

sounds interesting, always like reading about other ideas she had. got a source?

deh!

What character and which book?

what it is this HP shilling??
multiple threads right now.

theres multiple hp threads 24/7

Because people finally have realized that HP is based

even in basketball a 15 shot lead (disregarding the different point values) is high, they don't seem to score as much in Quidditch as they do in b-ball

Mafalda Weasley, in GoF (radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-24/12-plots-characters-and-extra-details-that-jk-rowling-cut-from-her-harry-potter-books/)

A cousin of the Weasleys new to Hogwarts in year 4, sorted into Slytherin. She was supposed to relay information to the trio about what the Death Eaters were doing (she overheard gossip from Malfoy and his goons) because she loved to talk. A lot of the plot revolved around the information she gave out. JK Rowling realised how retarded of a character she was, and had to rewrite the book to cut her out and contrive other ways of getting the information.

lmao, how the fuck would Malfoy know anything about death eaters anyway?

is pretty retarded but it seems like every storyline that Rowling did *not* do were ones that essentially fleshed out the school and houses more

Source?
Because the book is better than the movie.

ikr, Slytherin is literally the house of nazis for the whole story. How can a writer be this bad?

THEY WERE GIVEN A HEADSTART IN THE MAZE IT'S LITERALLY SPECIFIED MULTIPLE TIMES THAT'S WHY HARRY AND THE FRENCH GIRL STARTED 5 MINUTES AFTER THE OTHERS I READ THIS BOOK WHEN I WAS 12 OR SO YET I REMEMBER IT STOP TRYING TO FIND """"""FLAWS"""""" JUST TO MAKE ANOTHER EPIC THREAD

Every other house had at least one other important character who wasn't evil
>Ravenclaw: Luna and Cho
>Hufflepuff: Cedric and Ernie Macmillan
But Slytherin was literally the antagonist house, no students on Harry's side were in that house. The only important good Slytherins were Slughorn and Snape, and Snape was the antagonist for 6.9 of the books.

>How can a writer be this bad?

I think that's actually the issue, Rowling (from the start apparently) planned on using the houses way more but consistently shied away from it because she wasn't capable of writing such a narratively complex series

That comic literally just paraphrased a Norm MacDonald joke from the 90s, except in shitty broken english

doesn't it say in the books that not a single member of slytherin joined dumbledore's army? not even one guy.

yes, since a couple days ago. Now is kinda obvious.
no it isnt. Lame fantasy for late millenials.

Most of the narrative issues with HP stem from the fact that the first book was way more light-hearted than the series ultimately turned out to be. You start out with goofy shit like Mugwumps and Chazwozzers, only for her to decide three books later that "Mugwump" is the wizardese equivalent of "nigger"

Kinda like rugby

First day here? *smirks*

Don't worry, kid. I'll go easy on you. You see, Harry Potter is a fan favorite around these parts. You don't want to go making enemies this early so I'd tone it down a notch if I were you. *pats your head*

Now get lost.

>*smirks*
gr8 b8 m8.
go ahead and enjoy your badly made preteen fantasy.

hell yeah i love preteen fantasies

That was pretty nice and cute user, don't feel bad about yourself.

Attached: 1430995960748.png (352x163, 10K)

Oof name a more perfectly cast actor. This guy was a monster

The points awarded in the first two challenges determined the order they were let into the maze and therefore the headstart they'd get on winning.

based

ask rally race attendees

I mean the whole
> Harry's parents were prominent wizards
> Harry is loaded money wise
> Harry gets special permissions and attention from Dumbledore from day one
> Hagrid is always defending Harry
> Harry is the best student in cool stuff
> Harry is a prominent athlete
> Harry is constantly ignorant of Wizard culture and an outsider who still succeeds better than people who have done the stuff their entire lives

makes him seem like a pretty awful guy to hang around with

>there are literally spells that kill people instantly
>”hehe we can’t use those against the dark lord they are illegal!”

Based

Why is Chamber of the Secrets a three hour long whodunnit? Whats the point of giving Harry yet another chosen one ability with snake talking? Is the subplot of that one wizard hero being a hack really useful in Children book? Was tackling on Racism in a non-racial setting smart?

___ _______ _________ __ ___ _______ __ _____ __________. _________ ____ _______ _________ ___ ___ ______ ___ ___ ____ ____ ________ _______ __ ____ _____ ________ ________ ___ ____ _________________ ____ ___ ______. _____ ____ ___ ______ _______, ___ ______’ ____ ___________ ___ ____ ___ ____ __ __________ ___ ___________ ___ __ _______ _______, ___ __ ____ _____ _________, __ ____ ______ ____ _____.

_______ ___ ___ ___ ____ ____ _______ ______ ___ ____ __ _________ _________ ___ ______; ___ ____ ____ ___ ______ _____ _____ __ ________ ___ _ ____ __ ___ ____ _____ ________ __ _______, ____ ____________ __________ _____-_________ ___ ___ _____. ___ _____ ______ ______ _____ __ ____-_________ (__ ___), ___ __’_ _________ ___ ____-_____ ____ ______ __ ___ _______ __ ______, ______ ___ __________. __ ___ _____ __ ____ ____ ____. ___, __________, ____ __ ______ ____ __.

>_-__ _____ ___ _____ ____ ____ ______
"__!"
___ _______ __ ________; ___ ____ ___ ________. __ _ ____, _ _______ ____ _____ ____ _ _________ ____ ___ _ ____, ___ ______ _____ _______ ____ ___ _________ "_________ ___ ____."

_ _____ _______ __ ___ ____ __ __ ________ _____ ____ ____ ______ ___ ________. _ _______ ____ _____ _ ___ ______ ___ ________ _______ _____ _____. _ ___ ___________. _______'_ ____ __ __ ________ __ _______ ___ ____ _________ ____ ___ ___ __ _____ _____ __ _______. _____ _ ____ _ ______, ______ ______ __ _____ ______ __ ___ ____ _______ ____. __ _____ _________ __ ___ ______ __, "__ _____ ____ ___ _______ _____ ______ __ __ __ __, ____ ____ ____ ___ _____ ____ ____ __ __ __ ____ _______ ____." ___ __ ___ _____ _____. __ ___ ___ _____ ______. ____ ___ ____ "_____ ______" ___ ___, __ ____, _______ __ ____ _______ ____.

Attached: 1521987217170.jpg (1594x2857, 133K)

>what is the process of elimination

Honestly OP you are unbelievably retarded, more so than Rowling herself.