Why are all the best movies ever American?

Are we really just that fucking amazing? Why can't Brit bongs or Germans produce anywhere near the number and quality of American movies?

Attached: IMG_2661.jpg (601x338, 23K)

Good movies cost money to produce. America is rich.

True facts.

Why are all the best numbers double

Attached: 1521938533925.gif (404x416, 180K)

Repeating digits at the end of my post number

Much bigger population as a country, more people to make good movies. If you made it the U.S. vs. all European movies it'd probably be a different story. Also we have more jewsand they make better movies
nice

Can you retards fuck off? Just because I posted a pic of Bateman does not mean I want to roll dubs

Whoa, checked!

>@96506754
(You)

Attached: dubs-thread.png (680x465, 486K)

checked

you supply the money, Brits provide the acting and directing talent.

your status = BTFO

All the best directors of all time are American you limey fuck

This. We allow the Murcans to think they're popular by letting them pay for everything.

Attached: union_flag.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Germany had an amazing film industry in the 30s during Hitler's time. After that the jews in america had a monopoly and europe never bounced back

>Hollywood copy and paste bullshit movies
>fucking amazing
good job brainlet

Attached: braintard.png (645x729, 82K)

Name one memorable film produced in Nazi Germany

Joss Wheedon is not the greatest director of all time. try again.

Literally all the best movies of all time were produced in America

Objectively wrong, the best German movies were made during the Weimar Republic, Goebbels just produced garbage for the masses.

No but Stanley Kubrick, Orson Welles, or Paul Thomas Anderson all certainly have cases and they are all Americans

Schindlers List

"best" is an opinion. "literally" is an undisputable fact.
when you were young did people pat you on the head a lot and call you "special"?

Triumph of the Will?

It may be Nazi propaganda filth but it's a historically significant and (for the time) technically advanced piece of cinema you fucking mong.

>butter face
Why Americans tend to solve everything by adding butter?

Alfred Hitchcock says hi

>imagine believing this
I know it's bait but imagine.

As an european... yes you are. It's not because you amerigoblins have superior genetics, it's just the culture that you have somehow managed to create that allows people there to become great musicians, filmmakers, etc because you have had in history lots of famous people like Irving Belin in his day who came from Russia as a child and became one of the greatest songwriters in American history. So there's something about the environment in US that makes people think that they can do anything and want do to do big shit

>It may be Nazi propaganda filth but it's a historically significant and (for the time) technically advanced piece of cinema

Literal Nazi propaganda, name one advancement or contribution that film made to cinema

>Nazi propaganda
>historically significant
In the case of studying the history of Nazi German cinema and propaganda as a study, sure. As an independent film? No, you're retarded.

>lol dude suspense

How about no

>"Americans are best at movies!!!"
>posts image of a British actor in a movie directed by a Canadian woman.

Attached: Russian Beauty.jpg (330x339, 97K)

>Hitchcock literally invented camera equipment and new ways of filming
>he's not worth mentioning

Nazi Titanic is kino

This.
>b-but muh Triumph des Wi-
Shut up wehraboo. Even the "historically significant" Goebbels bullshit like Kweks is unwatchable.

>history of cinema is rooted in Europe
>some of the first ever films were European
>a Japanese director is literally the basis of almost a few thousand American action films
I'm an Amerifat, but come on.

A big part of the American culture is individualism, believing in yourself and having the freedom to pursue whatever you want.

>Only America believes in individualism
Lol even that we stole from European Enlightenment thinkers.

At least Europe don't have capeshit
But fucking dramas are 90%

At least they tried in those days. Who knows what it'd be like if they kept going and had their own hollywood of europe.

No shit faggot, America was created by Europeans

And of course we're not the only ones, but it's definitely more at the forefront of our collective ideology than most, if not all, countries.

We'll never know, since the Nazis had a spergfit and plummeted their country into a Stone Age right before the Republic was projected to recover economically. Imagine a Europe without Nazis, where we could have gotten a new German Reinassaince with film. Feels sad, bros.

Attached: 1521689655569.png (691x653, 27K)

>Name one memorable film produced in Nazi Germany
The subtext being nothing memorable was produced.

I named one. My entire point was that the underlying point he was trying to make is retarded.

Why are you so mad about that? "We do individualism betterer", how would you measure that as a fucking metric? The very foundation of our democracy is rooted in Enlightenment thinkers all over Europe and in turn, the vast republics and free societies that adopted it.

no
case in point
saw

Fuck off, America is a European experiment.

one of my all time favorite movies is British.

lmao how fucking stupid are you. im honestly stupified you think you have even the slightest idea of what the fuck cinema is. jesus christ you might be the actual most retarded person here. you should be embarrassed.

>crane shots
>aerial shots
>moving camera
>long lenses for perspective
>intercutting

All in full force.

Have you even watched it? It's like universally known to be innovative, it won fucking awards in the US and France for gods sake. Jesus christ step up your fucking game nigga.

>but it's definitely more at the forefront of our collective ideology than most, if not all, countries.
Kek, is it? We have some of the strictest immigration and surveillance laws/methods, we have some of the harshest prison sentences of any 1st world nation, whistleblowers get hunted down or suicided, we have the highest prison population (adjusted for overall population) on the planet, a handful of corporatists run entire sectors of the economy and we dump 50 billion in federal spending to police the globe.

Sure are free...

Do you honestly believe that Nazis invented crane shots? Which Goebbels pamphlet told you that?

In the case of studying the history of Cinema it's extremely relevant. Despite the subject matter.

...which is what I literally said in that post.

"fictionalizing" or otherwise making un-real what is essentially documentary footage of non-actors? The entire project is ultimately fascist wanking but the transformation of a real event into a cinematic one is to my mind a unique thing Riefenstahl did with this.

It is also an interesting presentation of a quasi-religious political celebration shot specifically to conflate the mystical with state apparatus.

I am in no way arguing the film is "good" here

Who the fuck said they invented crane shots? I said they were used effectively in Triumph of the Will alongside many other techniques. Don't just pick one thing from what I said, use your brain to disagree.

For example, do you know another film from before 1935 that has a crane pan over a large crowd? That's a genuine question. There probably is but I don't know it personally.

You said Nazi Cinema. I think it's relevant to Cinema as a whole outside Nazism, is what I meant.

Chaplin was using crane shots in the early 30s you brainlet.

But I agree with you as far as independent film relevance, obviously it isn't considering it was commissioned by Hitler himself.

The absolute state of this fucking board
You utter plebs

pathetic

check em