Ready Player one

I just saw Ready player one, what do you wish to know?

And no there wasn't a scene where the iron giant pulled out a katana which transformed into a gun.

Attached: readyplayerone.jpg (4000x2490, 507K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Anx-3s5G6w
indiewire.com/2018/03/steven-spielberg-ready-player-one-sxsw-2018-1201938300/
soundcloud.com/shots-n-jiggles/ready-player-one-is-poison
zootopianewsnetwork.com/2018/03/zootopia-references-in-ready-player-one.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some horror bit in the middle of the movie...? What was it about?

Was it bad, mediocre or good?

The shining with the elevator of blood, little girls, labyrinth chase and zombie ghost lady. But a lot more video gamy
Good

Any major anime-related cameos other than what we know from the trailer?

Did they do the Monty Python recreation bit from the books?

Maybe in the background, direct ones where the Akira Bike and Gundam

Is anyone else amazed that some geek's fanfiction mashup was able to make onto the sliver screen?

I feel kinda proud and disgusted at the same time. Proud cos something that dumb and unoriginal was able to make it and disgusted that our society is so culturally devoid (or homogenised, not sure which) that they've been stealing from subcultures they made fun of years ago.

OK characters
Good effects
Shitty script

any metal gear cameo you managed to spot? Konami is listed in the licence list.

Nope, just Kaneda's bike and Gundam,
There is a holy hand grenade, but that's the only Monty Python thing in the movie
Nope

Mechagodzilla looks kinda neat. Basically just Showa MechaG mixed with the Heisei poster art.

Attached: mechag.png (720x505, 338K)

>The main antagonist goal is to sell loot boxes and paid subscriptions.
Literally EA.

Looks great, but what's up with his hands?

holy shit is that cgi? Looks photo realistic

And he is willing to kill for it

The book reads like it was put together by an algorithm whose only input was "things reddit overwhelmingly enjoys," so I would absolutely expect the screenplay to have edited the villains into a barely-changed-EA so they could squeal about how the movie relates to them and is so relevant.

For any of you Starcraft fans out there good old Jimmy shows up in the movie, but it's his Starcraft 2 version with this skin.

Attached: Raynor_Stars_and_Stripes_Guardian.jpg (1182x1616, 905K)

>Patriot Jimmy
perfect

No clue, they look different in action. Arms are a little iffy imo.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 1.53.59 PM.png (670x564, 402K)

>did it reference my favorite vidya
>omg is my favorite character in it
>wow so badass movie monster
The commodification of geek culture is now at full blast, everybody post pics of your triforce tattoos and funko pop collections

Is that Legendary's Mechagodzilla?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Anx-3s5G6w

I don't want tattoos and I hate the pop figures.
Nope

I was making a joke.

Did you get that reference bro!?!

To be honest I expected the movie to be a total disaster but it turned out pretty good I guess. It's a very loose adaptation of the novel anyway so the scriptwriters in charge must have known that a verbatim adaptation would be a total disaster.

okay, that's pretty cool to watch.

Jew with nepotism connections

It's gone.

You people pretending to be stupid or just ignorant?

Attached: Fifty_Shades_of_Grey_poster.jpg (220x348, 63K)

Jim raynor in SC2 its ebola.

I expected the Evangelion units to show up in the final battle like in the book.

are there any evangelions? or warhammers?

I think i saw a mech from Warhammers 4000K in the background of the final battle.

>The commodification of geek culture is now at full blast

Do you think we'll get anything back, or is it permanently theirs?

Apparently the Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop is in there

How Autistic do you need to be to watch this?

Attached: 1468359165213.jpg (720x960, 121K)

Is Danny Devito in it?

>any metal gear cameo you managed to spot?
Snake is in the background in a few scenes.

It was really ok, but man is the book better.
Kinda sad that we didn't get some equivalent to the Wargames sequence in the book. I would have loved to see that kind of movie-in-a-game-in-a-movie done by Spielberg.

The whole Shining scene is pretty good though, tons of little inventive shots in there.

anyone have a webm of this scene?

no characters from aot? sad desu

yes, my question is about the scene where the iron giant pulled out a katana which transformed into a gun.
was it kino?

>but man is the book better.
Are you retarded?

I know it's not comparable. But i'm speaking in terms of thematic.

The book is much more about the 80s wheras the movie is clearly about gaming. And I feel like it grounded the universe much more.

Nothing is salvageable when the disgusting tendrils of 21st century marketing get a grip on it, user. We're on Sup Forums and even here the thread is still predominantly people clapping that the movie references something they like.

Attached: you_could_have_stopped_it.jpg (1200x1035, 260K)

It's a normalfag movie.

This. It's really surface level plebian shit. But given it's Spielberg it's just well done enough that I can give it a pass.

I don't think people will remember it that much in a few years though.

>thematic
The book has no thematic value. It's a monolith of raw mediocrity. The most bare-bones skeleton of a YA plot imaginable propped up for the purpose of being a soulless vehicle of nostalgia and references. A youtube comment section drawn out into a poorly constructed narrative by a child.

>being a soulless vehicle of nostalgia and references
No shit.

See in most cases you can just discard the value of nostalgia and references, but when the entire point of the work is nostalgia and references well it's just missing the point.

),:

What snake tho? MGS1 snake? big boss?

If it's MGS1, it could mean that they used a model created for a remake.

>The first key is literally that one invisible block in Mario world 1-1 level difficulty
>It took them 5 years to find it

Who wrote this shit?

Attached: 762.jpg (206x213, 11K)

When will reddit finally implode? I need keks

>Who wrote this shit?

A manbaby who is like a caricature of a VERY COOL "nerd". Every single reference is just garbage surface level shit. If he were a woman he'd have a Star Wars tshirt and an instagram selfie with OMG I LOVE SPOCK.

just came back from the cinema.
I think SS played it kinda safe pushing a cameo hundreds of references and memorabilia from 4 decades (80s/90s/00s/10s) into a flat-script blockbuster.
tho I can say I didn't dislike it at all, let's say it has been like reopening a toy box from my childhood.

>image related, oldfag material

Attached: s-l300.jpg (230x300, 27K)

This. It was safer than I expected but it was still ok.

Question for anybody who say this movie: do you think George Lucas cried at the end when he saw it? I fucking think so...

Ok, now to the movie:
Retard tier "just turn your brain off writing":
>the evil corporation with unlimited funds sends all it's manpower in winning the car race game for 5 FUCKING YEARS even though the GM tells them, pointing to his temple something like "focus on the mind" instead of spending their time on the literal 3d life history of said game maker to look for clues instead
>80 IQ white man villain and his equally dumb Luv look alike henchgirl
>people spend their whole life in VR and act all surprised that the chick they are dating could be a 200 kilo fat fuck named Chuck, on that note, why aren't 50% of the avatars cute anime girls?

Otherwise, it's pretty ok, also, a blast at IMAX.

Attached: ap-disney-lucasfilm-16_9.jpg (3200x1680, 378K)

Probably a jew thinking he could cash in on soyboys with low effort.

>Klein is the Dutch and German word for "small", which came to be used as a surname, and thence passed into the names of places, concepts and discoveries associated with bearers of this surname. It is also a common Jewish surname in the United States.
>Cline is a derivative of Klein
>wife last is name is Aptowicz
>Aptowicz is ashkenazi

Fill in the blank and say it with me _ol i_ a_way_ ri_ht

Attached: aqualaugh.jpg (236x326, 20K)

Iv'e read about the major changes of the plot from the book to the movie. they sound disappointing.

Do the Rush references in the hunt for the 3rd key survive? is the 2112 planet still there?

exit from life

make me

I would be much more excited if this thing if it was about movie cameos only and not video game faggotry

Attached: 1521863638057.jpg (250x238, 17K)

>And no there wasn't a scene where the iron giant pulled out a katana which transformed into a gun.
What the fuck...?

Nope.

Maybe he's talking about Gypsy Danger?

:'(

It's a funny and entertaining movie, with nice effects. Of course the plot and the characters suck. Regarding all the references, sometimes are really annoying and forced. Anyway, it's a good action "turn your brain off" flick

I know.

So what did the Star Wars references end up being?

>From Hell
>Moore's Swamp Thing
>Watchmen
>Gotham Central
>Preacher
>BKV Runaways

Good taste in comics, tho.

>X wing in the space shot when they get to the nightclub
>R2-D2 in the night club
>Villain mentions getting the main character a Millenium Falcon if he joins them

There's probably more but those are the ones i caught.

>asian guy knows karate irl
>crowd cheers for the heroes while only black character argues with the police
>obvious anti vidya agenda

what did spielberg mean by this?

So it has nothing to do with Acererak?

You've not seen the movie, please vacate the thread

>asian guy knows karate irl
accurate to real life
>crowd cheers for the heroes while only black character argues with the police
accurate to real life
>obvious anti vidya agenda
"take a break from vidya and actually do something with your life faggot" is a good message and the soyboys need to realize it

How much is a recreation of The Shining?

How much of this is accurate?

Attached: 1521507313125.png (1206x840, 587K)

Nothing on Boba, Maul, or Kylo?

>a group of Ugandan Knuckles can be seen in the distracted globe and during the final battle
as if everything else wasn't bad enough

Attached: 1522225902019.gif (480x270, 591K)

Were there other giant monsters besides Mechagodzilla?

Madballs were in this? Holy shit.

the list is fake.

the villain get hit by one

I honestly didn't see a single one of these. So they're either really hidden or plain bullshit

I call bullshit, especially the Sneed reference.

Honestly speaking as a guy who hates pointless references- all the ones in this movie were done really well and most had some point in the plot. This isn't family guy/ pop team epic tier

I was born in 1980. I'm not going to be able to resist this am I? (see also: Stranger Things)

It didn't happen. I would have been both angry but also absurdly happy if it did, though

was it as bad as the book?

>This is not a film that we’ve made, this is — I promise you — a movie." -Spielberg

indiewire.com/2018/03/steven-spielberg-ready-player-one-sxsw-2018-1201938300/

So is it true? Is it a movie? Is it actually a movie, and not like a flick? I doubt it's kino, but I'm hoping ol' Stevie is right and this is a movie. Thanks in advance.

>22 Jump Street
>Jeff makes an appearance

How did they expect anyone to believe them when they say dumb shit like that.

Attached: pennykino.jpg (2100x1052, 438K)

What the fuck happened to Gabe and Tycho, are they slowly turning into chibi?

This. I wanna see the gundam and nothing else

Wikia is full of autists that love making up dumbass crossover shit.

What the fuck is happening with his HAIR? It keeps getting bigger. It's as big as his torso.

is this movie out yet?
soundcloud.com/shots-n-jiggles/ready-player-one-is-poison

Can you confirm this?
zootopianewsnetwork.com/2018/03/zootopia-references-in-ready-player-one.html

Attached: 1486243241157.jpg (600x546, 18K)