What do you guys think of Community? Comedy kino, overrated garbage, or somewhere inbetween?

What do you guys think of Community? Comedy kino, overrated garbage, or somewhere inbetween?

Attached: 3B6AB64F-96E8-495B-B5CC-212968FF15E6.jpg (1024x768, 165K)

Some of the early episodes were comedy kino.

There's a lot of shit though.

In the last two seasons they never really recovered from losing Troy imo.

But the sixth seasonwas great.

it was surprisingly solid compared to the few before it, especially with the changes in cast piling up.

After PIERCE was gone it was not so good anymore

It was my first lesson in why not to trust Dan Harmon projects. Season 1 great, Season 2 tonally different but very funny, everything after season 3 is totally off the rails. Motherfucker probably stops drinking to start new projects and when he hits the jackpot he goes back to the bottle. Fuck him

Who's your pick lads

Attached: britta-v-annie.jpg (1084x1200, 230K)

The one that didnt age like shit.

alison

both

Gilly

Gillian
I want a meek George Bernard Shaw loving GF

Attached: 12AAAE29-4997-48A0-B46B-3B1C73E5D3E5.jpg (1440x2880, 230K)

funny at times, but overwrought

Seasons 1-3 are kino, don’t let low IQ brainlets tell you 3 is bad. Seasons 5 and 6 are good too, although not on the same level as the first three seasons. Unfortunately Season 4 is legitimately terrible, but it’s because they fired the creator/showrunner

That’s not really his fault since he got fired and it ruined his plan to wrap up the college stuff in season 4 so he basically had to rewrite and retcon for 5
This definitely apies to Rick and Morty though, that had a great S1 and a shit S2 and S3

he got fired because he's an abrasive slovenly alcoholic

Definitely not disputing that
Just saying Community going to shit more had to do with network interference than Dan

its ok, I hated how a lot of the jokes revolved around pop culture though

It greadually lost its edge and became a lame love-in. Fireing Chase was the point it became irredemable.

Season 1& 2 is kino

Season 3 is okay

Season 4-6 are garbage

Brie, always

Attached: EAE28424-A0F9-4760-B4B2-A31F421D3ACD.gif (365x352, 1.77M)

What? Troy was the least important character. He's essentially Abed Jr. There was no reason for him.

Also the Britta/Troy relationship always annoyed me. We don't see how it starts, it never goes anywhere besides "Troy treats Abed like his girlfriend more than Britta lol!", and they were fundamentally always opposed to one another beforehand (in terms of how they treat Abed and also how troy constantly mocks Britta). It felt forced as fuck

I want to go balls deep in Alison Brie while Gillian Jacobs whips my ass bloody.

This but vice versa

Britta, Annie was just an uptight bitch

Jesus Christ I hadn’t look either of them up since Community
The fuck happened to Brie?

both to sit on my face

I think I dropped it in the season after the "gas leak" season? Which one was that? I remember Abed delivering a baby. I think Pierce left the show? Its funny because I want to continue watching it, but I just don't want to invest the time figuring out where I was.

I LOVED this show during Seasons 1 and 2.

>I remember Abed delivering a baby.
That's season two.

Attached: 1435618000559.png (268x265, 209K)

It’s worth watching S5 and especially 6

Gillian aged better, but peak brie (basically the first seasons) is hard to beat.

He had the funniest jokes when you really paid attention to him.

>”You’d be surprised how many football players got started playing in community college.”
>”Really? Name one.”
>”Whose your favorite football player?”
>”Me. ...Whoa.”

And the whole pregnancy test/gun thing.

It went to shit with the season where they started saying meta all the time. I think it was 4.

Just watch season 6. 5 is almost skippeable.

Their G.I. Joe episode is the best G.I. Joe episode ever made.

Dan Harmon comes up with these great concepts, he's a master culture-remixer, but when it comes to execution he has serious follow-through problems. He needs to be saddled with some "professional writer" type. Like a Stephen King type. Someone who sits the fuck down and gets all the way to some coherent ending.

Not to mention that he's a preachy motherfucker who thinks he's got human psychology all figured out.

1 - kino
2 - okay
3 - good
4 - shit
5 - don't remember, anything else that happened, all I know is it was all shit

Well by season 3 the writing was outsourced to reddit and the show was so far up its own asshole it didn't understand what made it good in the first place.

Agree except only 1 is kino and there are a few 1-tier episodes interspersed. Troy's birthday being a standout.

Season 6 was fucking terrible.

lmao what

community has meh concept but it gradually grows into an actually funny show that doesn't have much to do with the concept, stephen king writes everything but coherent endings

Annie > Britta
2>3>1

The only watchable episode after third season is the ass crack bandit one.

concepts for each individual episode.
>stephen king writes everything but coherent endings
whatever your opinion, he's got harmon beat in that department, no doubt about that.

I thought it was the best after 1 and 2. The concepts were funny, Frankie and Elroy were great, and they did a good job making Britta and Chang funny again. Seems like most people just shit on it because it’s after season 4

2>1>3>5>6>4

I originally watched it while drunk and still have trouble believing it was a real episode and not just a weird dream I had

This, people shit on Season 4's Kevin stuff but for fuck's sake, Season 3 had Chang become a psychotic dictator who kidnapped an innocent man, locked him up in a basement, and was about to blow the entire school, killing dozens of people (and himself) in the process. I guess Harmon just wanted to go "lol jk" and have everyone act normal about it?

Season 1 and Season 2 were grounded in reality, Season 3 is a mad delusion and Season 4 tried to get the show back on reality. It suffered on a couple episodes like the puppet and the finale, but even those outlandish episodes had excuses for the weird shit (ie we're on drugs/therapy, it's a dream, etc). And for all its shit, the S4 finale had actual closure, which is more than I can say for S5's sandwich finale.

The first two seasons are gold. S3 is fun if completely nonsensical, S4 is good, and S5 and 6 are meh at best. I really question S6 in general, Harmon knew it would be the last and yet we have tons of filler episodes, no arc whatsoever, the shittiest episode of the entire show (Grifting 101), and the finale, while really good for what it is, doesn't quite pack the punch it could since it comes out of left field.

Troy's birthday is Season 2, though. I agree S1 is Kino, the show never really recovered from Season 3's acid trip shenanigans and half the main cast leaving didn't do it any favors either.

Franky is legit one of my favorite characters and carried season 6

I question the taste of someone who says season 4 is better than 5 and especially 6
I do agree that the Grifting episode was fucking shit though

S4 did bring the show back to its S1/2 roots. It was not nearly as good, but it tried.

S5 was fine. The premise itself was shaky as fuck but if you could look past that, it was good enough.

S6 however, how can you think it was better than anything that came before? What are easily the two worst episodes of the show were aired back to back (Intro to Recycled Media & Grifting 101), the already shaky premise of S5 was stretched beyond belief (but it's okay since Abed makes a meta joke about it on the premier, I guess...?), and even though the show's end is imminent, we waste time with incoherent shit like Wedding Videography which had maybe one good joke in it as the next to last episode. The finale is really good but there's no gravitas to it, it could have easily happened at any random point of the season for what it's worth. It does have some good episodes, a couple great ones like Advanced Safety Features, and Frankie was good (Elroy was... meh, honestly) but as a whole it's the weakest season by far, and it's especially disappointing as a final season.

Who would be top, Britta or Annie?

I want to have Alison Brie suck my cock while Gillian Jacobs ass-fucks her with a big strapon.

Sounds like something Britta would do, she lived in New York

>those twintails
Fuck me

Recycled Media was kino pleb

Attached: 14584744.gif (696x478, 1.51M)

It got pretty disappointing after Troy, Pierce, and even Shirley at some points disappeared, I was eventually watching mostly to see how much cleavage Annie was going to have.

Annie in the show, Gillian irl

What kind of shit taste faggot would pick Annie over Britta?

Watching Community while it was airing is probably my favorite tv watching related memory. Discussing seasons 1 and 2 with Sup Forums was always so comfy. Then season 3 came along, the general vibe on Sup Forums started to turn, and admittedly the show did climb too far up its own asshole in 3. After that though, I never really came to Sup Forums for Community-related discussion. Too depressing. Watched season 4, 5, and 6 by myself. Some great episodes in there, but the warmth of season 1 was gone, never to return. Kinda hard to rewatch this show now tbqhwy.

I miss when Sup Forums could actually admit to liking Community instead of now always calling it Reddit
The generals were great

Attached: FE7519A8-C61A-436A-BDC5-DD1872B91820.jpg (531x714, 103K)

Season 1 - comedy kino
Season 2 - somewhere inbetween
Season 3 and onwards - overrated garbage

Hard choice but in the end I went with Britta

I agree. I don't know why people say it was good. It was as bad as season 4 in my opinion.

>brie admitted to pissing in her mad men costume and filming a scene

Britta had funnier jokes as a character and Gillian was much better at physical timing and comedy than Alison, so her

>that episode in s6 where britta shit her pants randomly
what the hell was up with that. why don't we see more pants shitting kino

I felt bad for Britta, for the most part they undid her being a total retard in S6 and hen in that episode she’s shitfaced drunk, shits her pants, and embarrasses herself by singing badly

Undisputed correct posting.

Attached: 514da097e523d7b4282f1c0824a61b72[1].gif (500x233, 855K)

Britta for sure

NBC should've let Harmon have freedom

Community -> Parx and Rek -> Awfice -> Dirty Rawk could have been the best shit ever

Season 1 is so overrated, it’s mostly standard college hijinks with feel-good endings and pop culture references. Season 2 was when it became interesting and comedy kino

Annie is the kinda girl who lays down and lets you have your way with her while lets out little moans.

Britta just puts on a strapon and makes you her bitch.

Season 2 struck a perfect balance between semi-realistic (for TV anyway) hijinks and conceptual episodes, but between 3's concept concept concept nonsense where every character is a cartoon and 1's grounded hijinks, I'll take Season 1 any day.

it's pretty well known that annie is a freak in bed and britta is a plain jane basic bitch that only does missionary.

kino

I’d like to know how you know this user

I watched the show.

Britta was skilled in pulling up panties one handed while holding a gun
Annie had bad sex with her gay boyfriend once in highschool and was repressed

king is famous for his retarded endings, his writing is fun though

Dan Harmon has repeatedly proven to be able to milk an idea for comedy gold till it runs dry after 2.5 seasons.

This is generally the point where he starts to go meta. Then the show gets cancelled.

>shitfaced drunk, shits her pants, and embarrasses herself by singing badly

this is just Harmon writing what he knows (dude shits himself way too frequently)

This

i want alison brie to sit on my face

I wish I would have browsed Sup Forums when it was airing. My friends and I would talk about it when it aired and now none of them want to talk about the show.

Wasn't she like a nipple play expert?

sounds like your mates are streets behind user.

Gilly>Annie>Britta>Alison as it’s always been

I must have missed the episode where Annie and Britta experimented

season 1 is best because it was silly but the most grounded. jeff and britta were the leads with interesting character arcs.

season 2 is still good, but theres more focus on the side characters who dont do as well in the spotlight.

after that, every season keeps getting obnoxiously whackier and whackier, and every character gets flanderized beyond recognition, especially britta.

I was way more attracted to Allison when I first saw the show but I have since seen the light.

Attached: britta.jpg (700x393, 50K)

JESUS WEPT

>deleting a file in VR by smothering it in a fountain
S6 really did have great jokes

I am actually a Gillian/Britta hipster.

I fapped to her before it was cool and I got shouted out of Sup Forums for arguing with the Brie-posters.

>Britta was skilled in pulling up panties one handed while holding a gun
this doesn't mean anything
>Annie had bad sex with her gay boyfriend once in highschool and was repressed
this says more about the gay guy than her

Aye brother. We'll go to Valhalla together