So here's a question, why did Marvel/Bendis decide to make Iceman, a character with an established sexual history...

so here's a question, why did Marvel/Bendis decide to make Iceman, a character with an established sexual history, gay and not Beast? Beast makes way more sense and actually has the background in character for it.

Think about it. Besides the Morrison stuff in this picture, he's really only had one real love interest and his most famous relationship is the bromance with Wonder Man. Was it that making a character called 'Beast' gay too stereotypical or insensitive?

>But... The truth is I'm not interested in a relationship with a human being right now.
>In fact, I think I may be gay.
Did Beast just pull a Spacey almost two decades before him?

Bendis was afraid somebody was going to hook Bobby and Kitty up again

Because Iceman is the name of a character from the movie Top Gun, which has fanonically been thought to be about gay guys

Yes Marvel is that stupid and immature

>Furry
>Ends up gay
And no one was surprised.

Yes. Yes he did.

Because we don't want to see both bara fetish and human on anthro.

>Besides the Morrison stuff in this picture,
If you had paid more attention to the rest of the run, you'd find out that Beast is as straight as it gets and he just wanted to hurt Trish as much as possible in that moment and decided to run with it when she went full tabloid-journalist with it because he didn't have any fucks to give and thought it'd be keen to give gay mutants a role model.

Its still way more groundwork than anything Iceman had.

Hacks like Bendis will point out that Bobby was the only one of the original five who wasn't slobbering all over Jean. See, guys that aren't particularly interested in chasing thots must be gay, what other reason can there be?

Further, any anti-female things he said are now "evidence" of how gay he "always was." In actuality, he was written like a sexless early teen. Which he was at the time. I don't think any current Marvel writers were alive for the time when he was with Cloud and was off-put/disgusted by Cloud being functionally a hermaphrodite. I don't think any current Marvel writers even remember Opal Tanaka, for that matter. Him being immature and lazy about relationships was established character, yet now, the lexicon is "Nope. Gay all along." If that's the case, anyone unsuccessful with women is gay. Meaning 99.9% of this very site, and ostensibly most of Marvel's male writers.
Christ, Marvel is filled with retards.

This. It was pretty awkward since Bobby was dating Kitty at the time Jean "found out" o5 Bobby is a gay. Makes you wonder why Adult Jean never had that conversation with Bobby at all, ever.

Bendis apparently cried during a writer's conference because he was the only one advocating Beast not go back to his more classic design with the spiked hair and more human face.

okay that is a bit much

>best
>not gay

>Bendis apparently cried
I'm surprise when he doesn't cry. Why does Bendis have so much power? Was Ultimate Spider-man and DD that good that marvel gives him the reins to do whatever he wants?

Other way around, Bendis wanted ape-Beast and hated cat-Beast (along with just about every other aspect of Morrison's run). Hickman made fun of him for liking ape-Beast with Wolverine hair. Bendis ended up getting part of what he wanted when he got to bring ape-Beast back, only without the hair.

>along with just about every other aspect of Morrison's run
>REEE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MYTHOS THAT I DIDN'T WRITE REEE
I hate Bendis so much.

Boogles the mind really

Look, I'm more upset that Marvel can't into bisexuality. Especially with the X-Men. It's so easy, you don't even have to commit.

>why did Marvel/Bendis decide to make Iceman, a character with an established sexual history, gay and not Beast?
Give it time, Jean is going to be the villain of the next event. It's like Axis but she turns everyone gay.

Because Marvel wanted the attention for turning one of the OG5 gay but didn't want it to be one people actually give a shit about. They wanted the cookies for diversity without actually doing anything major with the character.

See also Northstar vanishing after his wedding and Rictor/Shatterstar being send to limbo.

yeah... good point actually. Huh, Marvel is like the fuck boy that pretends to be passionate about something jut to get into the pants of a girl that actually cares about it. Just replace sex with money

Rip Herc/anyone

>Beast.
>gay.
Beast dated a woman for like 10 years. She dumped him after his cat beast transformation, because of "bestiality" claims. Beast never once showed he was or maybe gay in like 60 years worth of comics until this point.

>Meaning 99.9% of this very site
Your eyes are open

YEAH OKAY

Wearing yaoi glasses if you think every bromance is gay.

sound like someone's wearing their denial glassess

Because Beast can't be a pretty boy fujo bait.

I wish Jeff Parker had gotten more than six issues. He was fixing all the shit Claremont broke!

Peter Parker: Closet No More, when?

>Hickman made fun of him for liking ape-Beast with Wolverine hair.

It was Beast's hair first. Wolverine stole it from him. Beast was running around like this for four years before Wolverine was created.

Bara bait is better anyways

you think Sup Forums reads comics?