Movie starts in 3 mins. What will I think of it?

Movie starts in 3 mins. What will I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JpTdK2kn6TA?t=1m52s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought it was awesome. Never thought I'd live in a world where a Thor movie is better than a Justice League movie.

If it's three minutes, at that point, just watch it!

>too many jokes! XD Dr Strange unnecessary! :D I am being made fun of! Fuck normies XD

It was overall a good movie (Biggest nitpick I have for this movie is that there is quite too many jokes), and I really liked the fights scenes in this movie, especially the one at the beginning

thor is my wife

If the worst thing you can say about a movie is too many jokes, that's not so bad.

It's easily in my top 5 MCU movies. It's phenomenal.

What are your top 5 mcu movies?

We have to stop saying there's too many jokes. That was entirely the point, Watiti said the movie was a comedy first and foremost.

Overrated shit, but it was better then the past two thor movies and doctor strange and homecoming, but thats not saying alot

What did people who liked Thor 1 and/or 2 think of this one?

I dont think this is better than Homecoming, then again i rate Homecoming very high.

I love Thor 1, its pretty underrated.

Thor 2 sucks

Thor 3 is the best Thor movie and ironically the most like a Thor comic a Thor movie has ever been yet its completely different from the other Thor movies. Feels like what Thor should have been from the beginning, maybe a bit less funny though.

why do people keep falling for these heartless, run of the mill superhero flicks that tell the same structure everytime?

Fuck yes user. That's exactly how I feel about the first two also. I'm excited to catch this tomorrow now

When will they release in a single movie all the Loki scenes from the entire MCU? They should call it 'Pussy Drenching Edit'.

not him, but

>GOTG
>GOTGv2
>Ragnarok
>Iron Man
>First Avenger

Way too many fucking jokes

Banner is autistic, Thor becomes a parody of himself

Too many things going on and nothing gets a good resolution

Good fight scenes, good moments overall

Great and awful at the same time

Let's start our own average grading system for this movie. If one of us gets dubs, the grade is multiplied by 2.

My grade: 9

>Banner is autistic
The way he should be or something diffrent?

>Banner is autistic
He has spent his last moments in anguish, then hulk for 2 year, now he's on an alien ultra fuck-up, next time he rage he may disappear and can't reaxh his waifu. Do you think he should have been in complete control?

No but he acts legit different

You can tell in the scenes where Banner doesn't even speak, look at his body language

It's like the director told him to act like he was mentally challenged and Ruffalo was overplaying it

Homecoming was uttershit, i hated it as much as amazing spider man 2

Christ. Everything I've heard about the Hulk parts sound awful

Terrible opinion but feel free to have it.

>Way too many fucking jokes

The director said its a comedy. Why haven't people understood that.

He's a weird, uncomfortable, awkward but ultra smart guy scared by everything crazy he's seeing.

...which is Bruce Banner. Did you expect him to be Tony Stark or some bland silent type?

It became a comedy because test audiences complained at the rough cut and asked for more jokes, so they threw in literally everything they could

Fuck test audiences

You better sauce those clams

Because the alternatives are all joyless mashed-together dumpster fires?

Its the best out of the Thor movies, wich isnt saying much, its a 7/10 movie. Not bad but nothing special either.

Nah it's

Civil War
Winter Soldier
GOTG
Ragnarok
Homecoming

>A movie handled by a comedy director is a comedy

>n-no its only a comedy because test audiences hated it

Stop being a dumbass. Its a comedy.
youtu.be/JpTdK2kn6TA?t=1m52s

>Overrated shit blah blah

tha's all what you think

stung, huh?

Unironically basically this:

Winter Soldier
Iron-Man
Civil War
GOTG
Homecoming

Ragnarok would probably be around 7.

I love Thor 1. I'm indifferent about Thor 2 and I expected this movie to feel more epic than just 2h of joke following joke. It doesn't resemble the other Thor movies at all. I guess it's watchable and an improvement to people who weren't into those movies, but it's a whole different beast and personally, I did not like it. It's Guardians Vol. 2 Remixed.
The soundtrack, as unfitting as it is, is great though, and of course:
>tf when no Hela gf

It was nothing like Guardians outside of being humorous and being in space.

Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man. I've always been a Cosmic man, I cut my teeth on Silver Surfer and Valentino's GOTG.

Turn your brain off and enjoy the trash

You'll think what Sup Forums tells you to think.

Not him. Mine are
Iron Man
Winter Soldier
GOTG
Rag
Antman

OP here. It was fucking amazing. I can’t remember the last time a movie made me so happy. I haven’t felt this alive in years.

I don't know much about the comics nor the movie itself, but I care only for one thing. Did they use some bits from Planet Hulk?

This is not the film to complain about being run of the mill.

The whole second act is based off Planet Hulk.

The only problem is that one of both Thor and Hulks best stories became a comedy.

People are just getting tired of seeing so many millions spent into these movies and yet getting the same brand of depthless, glorified quippy sitcoms over and over again.

I still like them. It's like Marvel Adventures come to life.

>comedy capeshit
No thanks

Thor and Hulk has the makings of an epic buddy comedy.
I was worried about Hulk having a lot of dialogue in this film, but they've continued with "tantrum throwing toddler Hulk" and it's pitch-perfect, easily the best Hulk ever on the screen.

Doctor Strange is very reserved in this film, easily the least comedic role outside of Odin (though Hopkins gets to have a bit of fun playing Loki playing Odin). I was glad of that.

A really great Superhero movie to take the entire family to. Which was the aim.

Hollywood doesn't listen to resinous-hearted little Asperger's on Sup Forums tho.

Funny you use a Deadpool image, considering that the Deadpool movie not only got released only when the test footage got leaked, it dared to be R-rated.

What I hate the most about Marvel Movies in general doesn't even have to do with the movies themselves, it's just the fact that now every single movie just gets labeled under "quipfest".
I know Marvel is to blame, but honestly, if you damn well know that all Marvel movies have a shitton of jokes in them, why still complain about it? I would understand if the MCU had had a good chunk of totally serious movies at first and then we got ravaged by a dozen of comedies, but ebery single Marvel movie since the god damn Incredible Hulk has had some sort of funny moment
And what's worse is that even if for some unholy reason the MCU does get a serious film in the future everyone is still gonna call them shitty quipfests out of principle
Fuck everything, I just wanna enjoy movies

>IT'S BAD BECAUSE IT'S PRACTICALLY SELF-PARODY
I don't get this line of thinking. Some of Sup Forums's favorite comics are self-parody. Nextwave, anyone?

>No Beta Ray Bill
It's shit.

- Thor fighting Surtur/surtur demon
- Thor fighting Hulk
- Thor god of thundering it up and destroying shit
- Thor and Valkryie fighting Hela

some of the best CMB action fights ever

Thor actually felt like a God in this for the first time on screen. Hell, same could be said about Valkryie and Hela... Asguardians represented in this movie.

At least he got referenced in it.

My only complaint is that the Warriors Three went out like chumps and weren't even acknowledged for the rest of the movie. Would have been nice for Thor to ask where they are only for Heimdall to shake his head and Thor look crestfallen. Then have a brief line about honoring their sacrifice or whatever.

3 hours since it was posted, how'd you like it OP?

Great movie but Valkyrie doesnt become a likable character until the last act

Also not enough Hela

Most of the movie is filler. Its good filler, but filler nonetheless

I don't know why but when Hela cam out from the water riding her swords going after Surtur got my giddy as fuck

With Justice League becoming a buddy comedy, and every supporting character in Wonder Woman being comedic, you'd wonder of DChads are just going to start staying out of movie adaptation threads.

>Some of Sup Forums's favorite[...]
Just because Sup Forums like something, doesn't make it good. Sup Forums has unbelievably shit taste and change their minds like the wind shifts, usually if there's a potential waifu involved.

Hulk fighting Fenris was great too

>Valkyrie doesnt become a likable character until the last act

Really? I thought she was charming the second she stumbled on screen drunk.

I can't look at her without reminding of the bitch from that emo harry potter fanfic

What is not necessarily a bad thing

Sometimes people just bring the family to theaters for some escapism, it doesn't have to be making some Schindler's List inspection of what it means to be Human.

Sometimes it's ok just to enjoy something for what it is. Stop projecting your inner sadness onto everything.

And just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. You best not be shit-talking Nextwave, it's the most comic comic to ever comic.

Thor will get a new hammer, right? Raiden Thor looks nice but, you know, spinning and throwing his hammer is thor's gimmick just like spiderman shooting web

Considering the language and some of the violence, it’s not as “family friendly” as you think famalam.

The Valkyries scene is pure distilled kino.

He'll get Ulimate Mjolnir, they mentioned the belt in Homecoming.

>Wacky funnybooks become wacky funnymovies

What’s the problem?

Thor is a good comedy and a mediocre superhero movie. But by far the best on the genre of "mystical dude gets transported into the modern world" like Masters of the Universe or The Beastmaster 2.

Thor 2 was mediocre as a comedy and bad as a movie.

Thor 3 is awful as a comedy and great as a movie. All the jokes ruinning pathos really put me off, especially since they were so predictable.

Korg scenes were the least predictable comedy in the movie tho

I remember everyone kekking when he tries to kick Loki's ghost

Decent fight scenes at the beginning and the middle with Hulk
Some really bad CGI, especially during the lightning parts (the fuck was that sheev spin Thor did?). Odin's death was awful, the first 30 minutes of the movie felt like it was going, "Hah, you expected a decent and straightforward adaptation of Ragnarok? Fuck you."
Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, and Idris Elba phoned it in really hard.
Skurge and the Warriors Three shouldn't have even been in the room if they were going to be shat on that hard.
Doctor Strange was one of the dumbest and most pointless cameos I've ever seen in an MCU movie.

See

Awful use of comedy aside, this is the kind of movies we need.
Cheesy, exciting, colorful, cinematic.
This and Kingsman 2 made me really happy.

It's a really tame PG level of violence, and as for the language, it's not the 1950's.
Even Thor losing an eye is a bloodless affair with a burn mark.

How was Skurge shat on when the whole point of the character is that no one takes him seriously?

Korg was adorable and I loved him.
But he never ruined any pathos either.

>(the fuck was that sheev spin Thor did?)
that was Thor's Psycho-Crusher.
>Odin's death was awful
They were adults who'd known one another for literally thousands of years. I'm sorry it wasn't some maudlin bitch-tears moment for you. Odin had been essentially dying since he was introduced in the first movie.

Skurge was never a joke villain in the comics. His sacrifice definitely wasn't, and in the movie it was a bad joke.

I watched it in an almost empty theater since I went into the movie very early in the afternoon. So everytime a joke happened I almost didn't hear any laughs. Felt like watching one of those Bing Bang Theory videos without a laughtrack.

>they were adults who'd known each other for hundreds of years
Oh COME THE FUCK ON. You didn't notice the awful CGI in that scene, or Anthony Hopkins giving less of a shit than any role he's had in years? You didn't find Odin going "nah fuck off I'm dying, later my sons lel" and then dissolving into bad cgi particles stupid? None of that felt a little amateurish to you?

Friendly reminder that Doug thought he could defeat the Hulk and got killed

I don't expect Ingmar Bergman's Winter Light either, but I also don't want a movie series that has made of its signature move to repeatedly kill the tension in every possible heavy scene by cutting it with a cheap, 'Friedberg and Seltzer'-type joke thrown right before the scene is even over. That bait-and-switch got old years ago.

Because, if it's we're talking about enjoying things, hearing the same joke over and over is the quickest way of sucking the enjoyment out of something. Like a cake that is all frosting.

Simonson's Skurge was a successful effort to make serious pathos out of a guy who'd spent his entire comic career being a bone-headed lackey for a hot bitch.
There's no way that effect was going to be recreated in a film that's just introduced him.
I agree it would have been better to have excluded him and focused on the Warriors 3, but his main purpose in the movie is to be the lackey that Hela 'splains shit to.

As a Simonson fan I'd rather they just not try to recreate the bridge scene, but there you have it.

Right, call me when action movies are allowed to go back to Robocop-levels of gibs.

That's so bullshit though.
Doug's Stupifying Eye Ray should be able to defeat the Hulk

It really is fucking awesome. Like something you’d see spray painted on the side of a van, Miami Beach. 1987.

Odin was supposed to be weary unto death, not doing some Calculon-tier death scene.
From Thor 1 he's been essentially saying "I'm just about done for, you boys need to get your shit in order".

Hopkin's Odin was always fairly reserved, and as the movie made clear, not a super-great guy, more of a reformed bad-guy who couldn't reform his daughter so he imprisoned her.

It really was fine. You can stick with the Kansas Tornado if you like.

>mfw Thor 3 comments on the whitewashing of colonialism
Didn't expect that

It really was not fine. It was lazy, it was clearly redone because of test audiences, and Hopkins just didn't care.

That it was a good Hercules movie

I bet Hulk had a night with Patti after defeating him