Biship Barron hates Silence

>Biship Barron hates Silence
>but he loves Lady Bird

What did he mean by this?

Attached: bishop barron.jpg (760x507, 23K)

Silence is disgusting japjew revisionist propaganda. Lady Bird is just a film with semi catholic background.

pretty sure he didnt hate it but he is right criticizing its message.

Maybe he likes stories closer to normal life over stories in extremis?

Bishop barron didnt hate silence. He (wrongfully imo) thinks that it purposfullly paints the church as naive and egoitistical.

He praised ladybird for it's realistic and positive depiction of the catholic church. I agree with him here, its rare to see a film that isnt just shitting on the church and religion in general and is showing how much of a positive impact a lot of it's traditions and followes have on everyday people.

Wasn't Silence shown to a group of Jesuits who thought it was great?

I've seen neither of these films.

>Wasn't Silence shown to a group of Jesuits who thought it was great?
That should be a red flag imo.

>my priests' favorite movies are Calvary, Passion of the Christ and Becket

He also told me that I should either become a priest or join the army. Fun guy.

Attached: Calvary-Movie-Poster-660x350-1421221445.jpg (660x350, 177K)

Can someone give me the rundown on Jesuits?

>Under St. Ignatius, the Society of Jesus believed that reform in the Catholic Church began with reform of the individual. The founding members of the Society of Jesus took a vow of poverty, chastity and obedience under Ignatius. Current Jesuits take the same three vows today, along with a vow of obedience to the Pope

There you are, my main man

Once a great knightly order, they BTFO of protestants on a daily basis. Now they adopt liberal ideologies to such extreme it would make St. Ignatius roll in his grave.
There are SOME based Jesuits running around, but theyre a dying breed.

Do you think that any priests lurk Sup Forums?

DUDE GRACE LMAO

There was one Canadian guy who wanted to be a prest on Sup Forums. He was rather well informed about the formation period and its rules so I guess it was legit.

Jesuits used to be based special agents for the church, now they are hyperliberal faggots.

I've no idea what his views are, and frankly don't care. But it is true that Silence is naive and historically highly inaccurate. Not even close of being Catholic mysticism, but properly in the drawer of apocrypha.

They're the reason countries like Poland didn't fall into the shitty state countries like Germany and Sweden are in. Also a big reason Latin America is predominantly Catholic.

Today they are among the most academic, but also the most stereotypically liberal orders. James Martin is a prominent Jesuit priest who supports the transgender bathroom stuff and everything.

>my priest

Imagine being this much of a cultist faggot and actually listening to what a cult leader in a robe tells you

When both Protestants and atheists say this but they're both even worse about it

Quite honestly, Catholicism is the least culty thing around these days.

Attached: tips.jpg (640x640, 57K)

Shut up heretic

I'm a former SSPX seminarian.

A once great order now fallen to liberalism

Why former? Just curious.

he fapped

He doesn't hate Silence. He just thinks that the theme of the hardship of just not renouncing Christ, then them renouncing him, isn't that much of a deal. Which is fair. These men believe in Christ. Surely they would too believe that it is best not to renounce Christ? Point is that it's thinking trying to make moral cowardice deep, when the actually potent part of the film are the Japanese that never renounce Christ no matter what. it's a fair observation.

Imagine believing in something! HA! I'm going to listen to my Sam Harris podcast, he'll give me the arguments I need!

I have really bad insomnia. Couldn't adjust to the strict routine.

Oh, that's interesting. Yea, it's not something for "night owls".