The Last Jedi Made 417.5 million dollars in net profit

The Last Jedi Made 417.5 million dollars in net profit.

Sup Forums on suicide watch

deadline.com/2018/03/star-wars-the-last-jedi-box-office-movie-profits-1202351603/

Attached: oh no!.jpg (184x274, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/03/star-wars-the-force-awakens-movie-profit-2015-lucasfilm-disney-1201726142/
youtube.com/watch?v=d5a4-etfI-M
hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-cars-has-crossed-8-99438
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=starwars4.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=starwars5.htm
usi.edu/media/3655032/How-the-MPA-Miscalculates.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: btfo btfo btfo.png (518x672, 34K)

All lies. Black Nigger and Social Justice Wars: The Last White Male both lost (((Disney))) at least 1 billion each. The company is going under any day now.

>n-no, it was a f-flop! d-disney is finished!!

>50 million $ lower budget than TFA and R1

The madman

Attached: rian-johnson.jpg (613x373, 75K)

imagine being this delusional

>but... but... people on Youtube have proved time after time that TLJ lost billions.

>Participations and residuals total $98.7M, down from Force Awakens’ $143.5M, which were lofty in part from Harrison Ford’s big payday.

Damn no wonder they killed Luke, 50 mil just from percentage for Harry.

Attached: 124124412.gif (500x281, 991K)

Except Force Awakens made a CoC return of 2.0, compared to TLJ's 1.72.

deadline.com/2016/03/star-wars-the-force-awakens-movie-profit-2015-lucasfilm-disney-1201726142/

Remember they paid 4 billion for this franchise. It'll take a while to make that back at this rate.

>When Bob Iger agreed to pay $4 billion for Lucasfilm, even he probably didn’t imagine that profit from the first three films — Force Awakens, Last Jedi and spinoff Rogue One — would earn back close to 40% of that purchase price, with collective profits just over $1.5 billion.

Almost half of the purchase price for the entire brand was returned only from 3 film.

George got jewed on the money.

Attached: 421412412.png (229x220, 8K)

A board full of Bernie bro kamarad cocksucker doesn't understand how does projections and future investments work. Shocking, shocking I tell you.

Imagine being so dense you can't spot obvious shitposting

Also Rogue One made 1.62 CoC. If you consider the fact this is basically a spinoff, they're fucked.

>Remember they paid 4 billion for this franchise. It'll take a while to make that back at this rate.
SW is not just the movies. The theme park they're building is going to print money.

The movies are probably the second or third biggest cash vine in the brand.

You have theme parks, licensing, steady financial income from old releases, Toys, games etc etc.

Taking that into account, the movies are doing amazingly well considering they are glorified commercials for the real cashcow.

Attached: 8b8d348a7cf8fda57ef776154c2b1ca9.jpg (495x607, 56K)

>give that man three more, right now

Attached: git.jpg (300x168, 7K)

As I recall they gave George a big fat lump sum. Disney is surely going to end up making more than 4 billion in profit but it'll take year whereas George got all his money at once, which does have value. Also if he was serious about never wanting to make another Star Wars movie then he basically got 4 billion dollars for free.

then they only have to do that 10 more times to break even. woah. really makes you think

This. It’s not enough to simply “make a profit”, you have to demonstrate profits will increase with future products. Once you’ve hit the ceiling, investors drop like flies.

And it only took losing the China market, losing the toys, and half the fanbase to accomplish it

he got half in cash and half in Disney stock, dude got P A I D for life.

So somewhere around 200 million less than Jumanji?

Attached: 1516889205320.jpg (716x555, 194K)

I worked in company where we made a record year. Projections for the next year were 20% higher. We only made the same profit as the year before, management started to make bad decisions, speed over quality, new foreman, more bad decisions, the company was dead within 9 months after peerless 30 years run.

If Disney said the conservative estimates were 1.9 billion dollars, then that means they already made moves in investment according to that projection.

>cost 4 billion to buy the series
>profit

lol they aren't even half way there with the series already on its knees and no one buying their shitty character's action figures

Attached: laughing_game_show_host.jpg (300x237, 27K)

>It'll take a while to make that back at this rate.
Nah they just need 10 movies like TLJ, although at the rate this franchise is dropping they'll be making negative money by episode 10

Doesn't Disney need to make like 650 million profit every year to make it a worthy investment?

They paid billions...

...to make...

... millions

Attached: 1001_faces_of_REEEEjak.png (1499x1505, 2.46M)

losers btfo amirite guys?

>implying Disney didn't break even on their investment before TFA even came out
the amount of money they get from merchandise sales is insane. I remember reading that they didn't care at all if Cars 2 did well in theaters because they were making $1 billion a year on merchandise sales alone.

>StarWars is just the movies

Stupidity hurts yo

I doubt they even care how much time before they get a complete return (if they didn't allready)

The brand is worth far more than 4 billion, its almost eternal cashflow.

Attached: hehe.png (1920x808, 772K)

Y-yeah they'll make the m-money back someday, just w-wait!

Attached: 1515963808758.jpg (1248x782, 124K)

Pathetic

The problem is that the movies are failing to push the actual stuff. No kid is buying thos fucking Rose toys.

>WUH BUH-BU-BUT THE LAST JEDI WAS A FAILURE

Attached: CryingBitch02.jpg (468x375, 39K)

Reylo general is never coming back

no their not, toy industry is down overall. Kids don't want toys anymore, they buy comics, consume digital media, video games etc.

I assume you don't have small kids in your family or met some.

Also SW toys are going better than MCU toys.

So it cost $900 million to make?

Watching TLJ right now. Leia just floated through space. Then there were those stupid fucking bombers in the beginning.

Now some fat asian girl is crushing on Finn the Negroe.

I turned off TFA about halfway through and I have no idea why I'm still watching this.

Attached: 1519775727567.jpg (326x317, 22K)

B-BUT STAR WARS NO TFA MADE 780, TLJ MADE 46% LESS THAN TFA , IX IS DOOMED IT WILL ONLY MAKE 200 MILLION I SWEAR AND THE NEXT MOVIE WILL BE EVEN A DEAD BUSINESS FOR THE MOUSE I-I SWEAR IN THE NAME OF RED- Sup Forums

Attached: 324235235235235234235.png (630x420, 175K)

Star Wars videogames are underperforming even worse than the movies though

youtube.com/watch?v=d5a4-etfI-M

>movies
>profit
do you not know anything about hollywood?

>toy industry is down overall
lmao no it isn't

face the reality, star wars toys are not selling

btw battlefront 2 sold half of what the first game in 2015 sold

Attached: img.png (544x409, 10K)

>TLJ MADE 46% LESS THAN TFA
Yeah that's a disaster

Attached: 031fec56dcf53a6bdfca4251a760770d9b0efc97.jpg (540x806, 82K)

>disaster

Just like every Star Wars movie after ANH lmao. Movie made 1.72 profit ratio.

50 million less production budget than TFA and Rogue One.

Im pretty sure they gave Rian a blowjob marathon with that trilogy.

Attached: onetruepair.png (800x549, 438K)

Depressing

Attached: dms.png (939x157, 33K)

Yeah, but it ruined the franchise.

>Just like every Star Wars movie after ANH lmao.
No, ESB made more than ANH in its normal theatrical run, ANH was in theaters for years and then was re-released a bunch of times. I'll give you Attack of the Clones, a movie almost as bad as TLJ

>empire made less than star wars
>attack made less than phantom
>last jedi made less than force awakens
the second SW movie always makes less since the massive event hype is gone

Attached: 1521479362844.png (261x273, 59K)

>heres some facts from my anus

so did attack of the clones you faggot

Attached: ForbiddenLove.jpg (700x792, 162K)

>Yeah that's a disaster
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 3425235234235234.png (1070x601, 507K)

They've already made that back and more. To wit, fucking Cars was generating $2 billion a year in merchandise sales from 2008 to 2011.
hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-cars-has-crossed-8-99438
You seriously think Star Wars, the biggest media franchise of all time, doesn't get them more than that?

It's very painful watching you idiots try to talk finance

Not like this one has.

adjusted for inflation (even though its a shitty practice)

Attached: Capture.png (647x382, 29K)

ANH
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=starwars4.htm
Gross by 13th Weekend: $113,031,275
ESB
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=starwars5.htm
Gross by 13th Weekend: $145,893,923

A New Hope was juiced to death by Fox but in their normal theatrical runs, ESB did much better

>adjusted for inflation

Attached: 7685876786.jpg (211x239, 5K)

>adjusted for inflation (even though its a shitty practice)
Why is it shitty? Because it shows how much of a failure TLJ is?

That's what they'd make by putting the four billion into an interest saving account at a rate 3% Using that metric, yes, less than 650 mil annually is a failure, profit wise.

>talk finance

they just post some clickbait snapshot they found on reddit, rest is asspull

Plus interest

How is it a shitty practice?

watching faggots twist numbers to call TLJ a flop is the neckbeard equivalent of Jezebel twisting Ghostbusters 2016's numbers to call it a success

because it produces inaccurate data

usi.edu/media/3655032/How-the-MPA-Miscalculates.pdf

I just rewatched this movie and i'm butthurt

Who has the one big image that explains in detail why this movie was a financial failure?

>because it produces inaccurate data
Comparing 2018 dollars to 1977 ones is inaccurate as fuck though, and movies should be making more (in constant dollars) now because there was no such thing as China back then

>now because there was no such thing as China back then,
we had no capeshit , 100000 other movies running simultaneously and everybody could pay for a cinema ticket

>ignores reference to poor toy sales

You'd know all about stupidity bro

Because TLJ made less than The Phantom Menace, introducing Jar Jar Binks, despite having Luke Skywalker for the first time in 40 years tl;dr disney shill damage control

So if you factor in diminishing returns Disney will see a profit of $1 in about 6 more movies...

Because ticket prices have risen ahead of inflation which gives recent movies a huge boost.

Toys R Us just went under after Chapter 11. Any faggot who keeps posting that SW toy meme image is a fucking retard.

The entire industry is going down.

Attached: spiderman-facepalm.jpg (600x441, 32K)

>Because TLJ made less than The Phantom Menace,
1. It was the first PT movie (huge hype like TFA)
2. TLJ still earned more money than TPM

Source?

>The madman
>weeee we killed of another fucking white male icon weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: soy wars wrap party.webm (720x304, 687K)

did you factor the rest of the revenue sources from the brand ?
Or in your head StarWars produces le monies when they release a movie ?

Attached: 1429225287526.jpg (400x400, 24K)

>toys
>buying nigger action figures

sage tip: Niggers cant buy toys with ebt

1. It didn't have OT cast nor the death of an iconic character baited in the title
2. TLJ still made less adjusted for inflation

>half in Disney stock
Btw George has a chance to take over Disney and yeah he has also his finger on the ST.( muh Lucas would make better movies, no he is weirdo like Rian in that term)

So new movies should be factored even more?

Adjusted for inflation, the films rank:

Star Wars
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones

First film always makes the most, 2nd film drops about 33%, slight rebound in the third as people turn out to see the conclusion of the trilogy. We'll see if this trend holds with IX, since everyone knows it won't be the "last" film anymore.

Attached: Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv_snapshot_00.03.53_[2018.03.11_15.45.30].jp (1920x808, 120K)

>2nd film drops about 33%
Not ESB, see

>the power of advertiselent on IQ 69

>i saw it and it turned out to be shit. Pink haired kamikaze admiral dern. Vietnamese goblin creature. Superman Leia. Yikes
>yeah i didn't like it either. They really couldn't wait to degrade and then kill off the original cast just to replace them with their new unlikeable diverse mary sue-led disney squad
>damn rian must have tried to deliberately sabotage it or something because that was bad. expectations subverted I guess. I don't even know what the next one would be about, there's no real storyline here. The plot didn't advance very much but somehow still managed to drop various interesting plot elements that were beginning to be established. I guess snoke is nobody. I guess I must have dreamed up the knights of ren. How could anyone even begin to by hyped for the next one at this rate? Outside of mentally ill reylo people and literal children, who really even gives a shit anymore?
>BUT IT MADE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS XDDDD YOU'RE SEETHING XDDD Sup Forums BTFO HAHAHA A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY MADE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON A BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE THAT IT BOUGHT FOR BILLIONS OF DOLLARS XD YOU'RE FUCKED I BET YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF XDDDD LOOK AT THESE FIGURES

Why are you shills and shitposters like this? Why aren't you fundamentally embarrassed with who you are? Why do you enjoy pretending to be an obnoxious retard online?

Yes, also new markets should be factored in. Not only China but many others. TLJ underperformed really bad all things considered

Math. Jumanji nearly broke a billion on a 90M budget and probably nowhere near that in marketing.

ANH grossed more because it didn't have a standard theatrical run, it only opened in like 10 theaters but hype spread through word of mouth. ESB had a standard wide release.

Attached: sw_now.jpg (2828x1926, 1.28M)

Newer movies shouldn't really be as high as they are on inflation adjusted rankings. Ticket sales have declined significantly since the mid-20th century so ticket prices have increased faster than inflation to keep profits up.

>movie makes money
>TAKE THAT PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE!
You bitches are worse than consolewars shit on Sup Forums. Probably the same damn immature little assholes, fuck off.

>i didn't like the movie
>reeee Disney is finished here redditTLJdissaster.jpg
>TAKE THAT DISNEY MOMS!

Attached: 1496027323023.png (616x596, 61K)

Can't wait to see Black Panthers numbers for the complete Sup Forums meltdown experience

>, it only opened in like 10 theaters but hype spread through word of mouth
You can see the theates in the links I posted, ANH opened in 43 theaters but by the second weekend it was in 150 and 1208 in week 13. ESB was in 126 theaters for 3 weeks and by week 13 it was in about the same number of theaters. ANH made more because it had a longer theatrical run and had a bunch of re-releases, during their normal weeks after release ESB did notably more money than ANH

>1. It didn't have OT cast nor the death of an iconic character baited in the title
>muh old cast
It was the first SW movie after years of absistance, who cares about guys who reached his peak already ? it would not even make sense to use anyone from the old cast for the story at all. The old cast autism fucked up your brain I guess.
>2. adjusted for inflation
I guess that's the new neet argument,
>muh inflation
when you have no clue about something just stop writing nonsense, Inflation is a huge indicator who is a influence for everything, you cant just adjust the movie grossing, the inflation would also change the ticket sales at all.

>mfw searching these filenames
You're never getting your general back

Attached: 1460059813728.png (383x302, 173K)

It's funny how all of the nu-Wars shills like you keep using those pepe and feelman images whenever you larp as a disingenuous retard
I bet you're obsessed with the alt-right