Batman Storytime

Man-Bat by Frank Robbins and Neal Adams

Robbins may be the lesser of the Adams-era Bat writers, but still quality

>digital recoloring
Apologies for this bullshit, it's all I have

Same. I own this big ass tome of Adams' Batman, really nice stuff, but the one problem is that everything has been recolored. Shameful, honestly.

Didn't Adams do that himself too? He is truly a madman

This and the Simonson Thor recolors are the bane of my existence. Just awful and ruin the art.

Haha yeah, that's what I heard too, and why DC hasn't released them in any other form.

Oh man, don't even remind me. Killing Joke I can take or leave, because Bolland's art was already pretty modern anyway, but those two look horrible.

Apologies for the wait, was downloading some scans instead.

Concerning the Robin backups: a couple of issues before this one there was a letter from a fan that was basically "Why do Robin and the Titans always have to fight these 'teen' villains instead of just regular villains? It's always something tied to hippies, campus protesters, rock bands, etc" and the response was something like "haha well they're teens so they gotta fight hip teen problems that the kiddos can relate to, right?! And Batman's already got regular crime covered!" as if Robin fighting crooks at Hudson U would fucking put Batman out of business

I am skipping the Robin backups because they have nothing to do with Man-Bat but I do have a soft-spot for them in the same way I do for Silver Age Titans

Why do they bother with digital recoloring it looks like ass on older worse (miracleman”

It really is night and day how much better this looks than the digital recolor.

Believe it or not there are a lot of people who take one look at "old" comics and go "wow this shit aged like milk, it's IMPOSSIBLE to read". I have a few younger friends who do that. One refused to read Moore's Swamp Thing, known for its groundbreaking art, because it looked "dated"

I think these recolors are an attempt to make this stuff more palatable to those folks. I highly doubt it works, though. They usually have as much problem with the compressed storytelling and lack of gratuitous internal monologue boxes as they do the art.

>to love out his days as a vegetable
Topkek

What I really like about these issues is that it completes Kirk's arc and then closes the book. Of course it's left open for him to be brought back if someone wants to, and obviously he WAS brought back many more times.

But they told three stories with this character, decided they had said everything they wanted to say about him for the time being, and let him go instead of trying to set him up to be brought back again and again and again.

If only they had just let him have his ending instead of bringing him back later, but I guess that's what happens when a character gets popular.

Same thing happened with Mr. Freeze in TAS.

Thanks for reading

>I could not let those two people be furries!

Robbins is a better artist than he is a writer, he's pretty much wasted doing just writing

batbump

bumping for others

Bump

It's not a mutant bat/person hybrid that breaks my disbelief, it's Batman being so damn nice for no apparent reason.

Truly it was a different time for Batman.