Was it child abuse?

was it child abuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.psu.edu/psych256sp16/2016/04/21/the-critical-period-for-language-acquisition-and-feral-children/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All sexual molestation is abuse, OP.

It's not child abuse, it's dugongs!

i was talking about the fact that they dragged the kid around, left him alone with nobody watching over him, interacted with him so little he didn't even know how to speak, let him play around dangerous wild animals and that's just the tip of the iceberg
not to mention they aren't even his legal guardians, they just found him and decided that was their son now, what if his real mother was around looking for him? did they ever take him to a hospital even?

nope. they just avoid countries with child protection laws because of animals.

>because of animals.
are Eliza and Debbie their daughters or did they "find"them too?
there is a lot of child trafficking in africa and a white child can be worth a pretty penny

>interacted with him so little he didn't even know how to speak

they actually found him in the jungle where he was being raised by wild animals

the damage was already done by the time they got to him

they neglected the shit out of him in the show
they treated him like a second pet after the monkey half the time

>interacted with him so little he didn't even know how to speak
He actually can speak, just not English.

at least he eventually learned to be an awesome bassist

he can't, if he spoke "animal" eliza would be able to understand him

I said English, not animal. Donnie speaks some kind of Bushman language.

I think they actually tried to give him English lessons in some episodes. They're just really half-assed about it.

>i tried to teach my kid to speak once but it didnt work
top of the notch parenting there

it's not sexual abuse if it's from a loving neesan

>Donnie (voiced by Flea) is a feral boy who is adopted by the Thornberrys. Donald "Donnie" Michael Thornberry is a feral boy who (as revealed in the 2001 four-part TV movie, "The Wild Thornberrys: The Origin of Donnie") was raised by orangutans in Borneo.[3] His real parents were Michael and Lisa, who were killed after saving two orangutans. This was much to the horror of the orangutan mother and the local villagers who came to know about their deaths. Out of gratitude and love, the mother orangutan took Donnie and raised him as a son. One day, however, she came across the Thornberrys and decided to give Donnie to them so he could have a human family. She watched tearfully along with her son as he was welcomed into their family as their own. It is revealed that the Thornberrys knew his parents before they adopted him, as they had met while Donnie's parents were on their honeymoon. Donnie usually wears a pair of leopard-spotted shorts (similar to Tarzan's leopardskin loincloth) and he loves to eat all types of bugs. He babbles wildly and makes animal-sounds (but nothing Eliza can understand), occasionally spouting bits of English or exhibiting intermittent signs of sophistication. Donnie is 5, turning 6 in "The Origin of Donnie", and it is presumed he does not know what happened to his parents. It is revealed that he was able to pick up sign language from watching his parents teaching it to orangutans. We only see him sign one word (family), and it is unclear how much he knows. Nevertheless, this proves Donnie's intelligence – something which the audience sees further evidence of in a drawing he does of his parents alongside the orangutan family that raised him.

Nigga's had a hard life.

>im an underage newfg who never watched the show and had to read wikipedia to talk about it

Damn
I think my favorite episode is when the older wins an archery contest in a tribe at Africa

I dont think you get it, man, this is a common thing with feral children
There's a critical window of time and development where children are very receptive to learning to speak, once you pass this, teaching them any language becomes much more difficult.

Imagine trying to learn any language now if you don't speak any language in the first place, you don't even have reference points to start with.
Many feral children take years to learn how to speak because of this, a few never learn to speak at all.

sites.psu.edu/psych256sp16/2016/04/21/the-critical-period-for-language-acquisition-and-feral-children/

>Many feral children take years to learn how to speak because of this
this means they should try even harder not give up

I just remembered that one episode where Eliza got appendicitis while climbing a cliff in the Australian wilderness, and both forms of transport they had failed so they had to use a plane they had just built to get her to the hospital, only to drop the map mid flight

Clearly god did not want that girl to live

Not him but I watched the show and played the Nick game where you took care of a bunch of animals, and I don't remember any of that.