Beta Ray Bill almost appeared in Thor: Ragnarok

>We gotta get back on track. This also might be a deep cut but I don’t care, he’s one of my favorite characters. I saw a statue in honor of Beta Ray Bill but there’s no god damn Beta Ray Bill. This was a great opportunity to have a Beta Ray Bill, and yet…

>There was a Beta Ray Bill, but it was so quick that you would have the same complaints that you have now. He was in it a little bit more and it just didn’t do justice. And the feeling is, if you can’t do it justice, do it later.

craveonline.com/entertainment/1340411-spoiler-interview-kevin-feige-thor-ragnarok-beta-ray-bill

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/kevin-feige-thor-ragnarok-planet-hulk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm okay with that, Ragnarok's got plenty of stuff, save Bill for another movie.

>save Bill for another movie.
Fucking this

If you don't have the time to really show the normies why the fuck there's a Horse Thor and why he's awesome don't touch the subject

Are we supposed to know what the big ship at the end is supposed to be or can I pretend it was Scuttlebutt till the next movie comes out?

Maybe they're saving him for the Power Pack movie (replacing Whitemane?)

You mean the one that accosted the refugee ship? That was Thanos, bro.

>Bill replaces Chris Hemsworth's Thor once he retires the role
Want?

>if you can't do it justice, do it later
Based

He's referring to the ship Thor was on, which oddly enough the entire final act was similar to Korbin's exodus

I doubt they'll want to replace a handsome young Australian with a horse.

Plus I don't think Sarah Jessica Parker would be interested

Pretty sure he was referring to the ship that attacked Thor's ship, bro. Besides, Thor's ship is basically Asgard.

Nailed it like the fucking Romans.

They also confirmed Throg as canon in MCU. Except it was thor turned into a frog rather than a frog with thor powers

Originally Frog Thor WAS, in fact, Thor turned into a frog, mate.

>Thor 4/"Ragnarok 2" replaces the buddy character of Hulk with Beta Ray Bill
>Bill and Thor on a quest through space to find a new home for both of their people
I'd dig this desu. Also Surtur's still out there I guess, maybe they could have him again at some point as the actual antagonist. Who knows.

Yes.

Have Bojack Horseman play him.

i'd laugh my ass off if will arnett played beta ray bill

I still haven't seen Ragnarok, but all the ads make me feel like it didn't do Thor justice either...

>Have Bojack Horseman play him.

He's Batman.

For real?

I was only aware of the other one. Neat.

>I'm okay with that, Ragnarok's got plenty of stuff, save Bill for another movie.

If that happens it probably won't be with Thor since it feels like Hemsworth might want to go out (him and Evans).

But I would be down with a movie that has Bill, Sif, and any Thor character that didn't make it in the Thor movies (like Balder and Karnilla maybe?). All of them probably going after Surtur or whatever.

Siege

You can't make a 2 hour film out of Siege.

they;ll bitch out and give Bill a "human" form he turns into

just watch

I don't think any of the actors do want to go anymore. They might want reduced roles so they have time to pursue other things in life, but it's not like it was when Phase 1 was coming to an end anymore when everyone was saying "all their contracts are up with movie-X and they're all saying they want to move on." Now they all keep talking about how attached they've gotten to the characters and how they'll keep coming back. Evans especially turned around because there was a while there where he was talking about retiring from acting altogether to direct. Seems like he's changed his mind a bit from more recent interviews.

They were considering having Bill in the movie, even Balder, they were thinking of doing a proper Ragnarok movie but Feige ultimately gave in to his producer and Marvel fans screeching for a Planet Hulk movie.

>“You had the big scoop about us doing ‘Planet Hulk,'” said Feige. “It turned out to be accurate [but] at the time, it was not accurate because we didn’t have any plans to do it and Joss (Whedon) was doing ‘Age of Ultron’ at that time. The way it ends as you recall with Hulk in the Quinjet going off, right?”

>Feige continued: “We said, ‘Joss, we can’t do that because he’s not going into space and people are going to think we’re doing ‘Planet Hulk’ because Umberto has some big hot scoop that we’re doing ‘Planet Hulk,’ we can’t do it.’ He goes, ‘Well, what are you going to do?’ We said, ‘We don’t know.’ So, if you go back and look at that shot of the movie, he’s in the sky. It’s blue sky.”

>At one point, the script called for the Hulk to be detected near Saturn — but Marvel changed it to keep its options open. “So in the movie, it’s, ‘We lost the signal out by the Caspian Sea.’ Or something like that, it was all earthbound. “

>So why did they ultimately go the “Planet Hulk” route?

>“We wanted to do something totally different with Thor,” Feige said. “Chris Hemsworth really was like, ‘When do other Marvel players come in with me?’ … Definitely, [we] want Hela in the movie. Definitely wanted, of course, the continuing relationship with Loki. We had early ideas for Valkyrie. We were talking about Balder. We were talking about Beta Ray Bill, but, that’s not enough. But we were like, ‘We need something big.'”

>A talk with executive producer Brad Winderbaum led to the Hulk

>“Well, what if he did go to space?” Feige said. “We would jokily call it ‘Planet Thor,’ for a while. I went, ‘You know what that means?’ They go, ‘What?’ I go, ‘That means Hulk went to space at the end of Ultron.’ So, I had to tell Joss. And this was a year after Ultron came out. It was kind of a big thing. We were like, ‘You gotta change it Joss, he’s not going to space.’ A year after I go, ‘Joss, guess where he’s going?’ ‘He’s going to space.'”

>thewrap.com/kevin-feige-thor-ragnarok-planet-hulk/

You know what's a shame? that Balder never appeared in the trilogy...

A lot of moving on talk happened before the split from Ike.

Anyway let's be honest, none of them are really big draws outside of the MCU, that's not the majority of theirs faults but it is how it is. Evans in particular directed something that flopped and now he's firmly interested in being back because of the Russos.

The worst part is that there's no way to fit him now unless they change their parentage.

>ywn get to feel Thorse's mighty hammer

Literally when?

Evans was nervous in the beginning because he didn't want to be so much years attached to the characters and he has mentioned he gets anxiety from doing press and advertising the movies. He also didn't want to deal with shitty directors or doing something he didn't enjoy.

He turned around the time he did Winter Soldier because the Russos gave him more control of his character and had him do interesting stuff he hasn't done before.

He liked working with them so much he even told Whedon to change Cap's fighting style and doing more of the things that he did in Winter Soldier.

That said Evans has said he wants to quit acting and he said he only extended his contract to one more movie because he thought that Cap being in Avengers 4 would make for a good conclusion.

At the most he will do cameos or small roles after Avengers 4 but I don't think he wants to be obligated to continue or in the spotlight, probably doesn't want to do more promotions, and most likely will appear only if the Russos want him (since they are the Directors that made him like being Cap)..

They did think of using him, see But yeah it does kind of suck, to think that Balder and Sif were really important characters to Thor supporting cast for a long time (they were like a Warrior's Three of their own) but the comics slowly phased Balder out after JMS left to the ocassional cameo and Sif is mostly a background character nowadays.

Odin can still be his dad I mean Gillen fucked Balder's parentage enough to not make him Freyja's/Frigga's son and he mentioned in an interview that he was born out of wedlock.

Of course he mucked shit up so that Angela was the firstborn Odinkid and the proper one true heir to the Throne.

But that's shit.

Angela being Thor's sister was the stupidest thing and waste of a character that could've been interesting.

But I'm laughing now over that stupid decision because to the normies Hela is his sister even if that isn't the case in the comics (at least until someone has the bright idea to synergize that shit) Angela is pretty much robbed of the only interesting thing that she has right now.

Oh, darling, you have no idea what is possible

Okay guys this is embarrassing but I just realized I had Balder and Heimdall confused for fucking years. I thought Balder, this Balder, was Heimdall or that's how Heimdall in the movies was supposed to be.

It's the shape of his helmet that throw me off. Movie Heimdall has EHM Balder's helmet and looks like him.

That's what they did with Angela? Jesus. It's funny how they take her out of Spawn and she just becomes useless and irrelevant. I don't think a lot of writers understand the element of mythos and rogues galleries and how important they are to making the super hero character work.

>That's what they did with Angela? Jesus

It gets worse! She's from the secret, all female Tenth Realm, Heven. Which is basically just full of not!Angelas.

Well, in Bill's first appearance, Odin gave him the power to turn back into a regular Corbinite, which look vaguely human.

Heimdall has NEVER been as important a focal character in Thor as he has been in the movies.
Balder has driven multiple storylines, and even replaced Odin multiple times. Heimdall, at his most important, has been a supporting character, because he is literally this guy.

I'd imagine non-comic fans would be too caught up snickering at his name. I wouldn't blame them.

And after Disassembled he got reincarnated into a dead black homeless veteran, which just kinda got dropped after Omega Flight.

Considering this movie especially I really don't give a fuck about what the comics do or say anymore.

Its funny though that Balder was Frigga's son and yet in the movies he's completely absent and Thor and Loki are her sons instead. I guess you could just do some backstory to have him die like his myth, perhaps swap Loki for someone else.

It's not all female, there are guys and they are called Anchorites, they are wingless angels and are are supposedly rare (one male for every hundreds of girls). They are basically second class citizens and all they do everyday is pray in temples.

Angela's transwoman lesbian girlfriend was an Anchorite.

Marvel Comics are all over the place as compared to the myths.

For example: Marvel's Hercules/Herakles is disgusted with Zeus for being a drunken rapist, which is why he spends so much time on Earth.

Honestly it's worse.

After getting her from McFarlane he sold her to Marvel as part of their agreement for Gaiman to write Miracle Man (I guess Gaiman wanted to get some money out of her and possibly piss Mcfarlane even more).

We see her at the end of that shitty Age of Ultron crossover and after that she was suppose get an introduction by Gaiman in an issue of GotG, it was advertised and everything but when the issue came out there was no Neil Gaiman (Marvel didn't bother to tell the fans) and Bendis wrote a shit story of her being angry because she wasn't in Heaven anymore and she wanted to go to Earth for an undisclosed reason and the Guardians who were protecting the Earth weren't letting her go there.

She hangs with the Guardians for awhile doing nothing then she fucks off, next time we see her is in a special issue about the super secret Tenth Realm that we never heard about. The Tenth realm is called Heven and is full of Angels who warred with the Asgardians aeons ago. During the war the Queen of the Angels kills Odin's firstborn daughter, Aldriff Odinsdottir but somehow brings her back latern on? I can't be assed to remember honestly. Anyway Angela gets raised by a random Angel and thinks she's one of them.

So in the story The Tenth Realm it's about Thor finding out his sister is alive in the Heven realm and tries to save her with Loki tagging along. At some point he clashes with Angela and then he finds out she's his sister and then it just leaves because at the point he pretty much doesn't like her.

Then Gillen and Bennett get their hands on Angela and it just goes downhill from there and once Gillen left Bennett to her own devices Unsolicited Opinions on Israel happened and she tried being meta and breaking the 4th wall but she wasn't clever or good at it (like that dumb scene with Baldernot wanting Tyr to spoil Game of Thrones).

The character is unsalvageable, at least not without a proper retconning.

Well I mean the Marvel Hercules is like the only actually heroic version of the legend, even the DC version was a cruel rapist.

What I meant was the movies changing the comics' myth which again changed the actual myths.

So the movies basically combined Balder and Heimdall? That's what it LOOKS/FEELS like. Don't know if it was on purpose.

Marvel's Herc is Post-Split of Herc.

He's the Godly righteous part split from his human lesser half that went to Tartarus.

Angela is basically a textbook example of a legacy character from her own series being totally wasted on another franchise. She might as well be killed by Gaiman to piss off McFarlane even more.

Angela would be easy to fix, It's just the entire Asgardian Mythos right now is written to coddle FemThor, so literally nobody gets any development but her right now.

>Its funny though that Balder was Frigga's son and yet in the movies he's completely absent
He pretty much doesn't exist in the MCU as far as we know and there's no good way for him to be introduced now that Asgard is destroyed.

Angela cameoing as Thor's sister worked in the GOTG cartoon because no baggage and convoluted background story.

>the entire Asgardian Mythos right now is written to coddle FemThor, so literally nobody gets any development but her right now
Lore development, maybe, but what about character development? FemThor's been stagnant as far as I know while Thor himself is still a whiny emo bitch who cut his hair because symbolic emo.

That's my point.

Literally nobody has developed as a character, The only one with even a crumb of that is FemThor.

Everything else literally sits around waiting for FemThor to do something.

>Tenth Realm, Heven.

Nothing turns me off in comics more than "misspelled earth word to explain alien/magic thing." Like an alien planet called "Fyre" It always gets me because it's so lazy and uncreative. It thinks it's clever but it honestly just brings up issues of "how the fuck does everyone in the universe speak English?" and "what about the actual place or person of the name you're ripping off" in this case does "Heven" invalidate actual "Heaven" in the Marvel universe know?

That just shakes up the cosmology for a stupid name.

You're right, it did get worse. I remember the bit about Gaiman. I didn't know they mysteriously dropped him either, that's so Marvel bullshit.

>and once Gillen left Bennett to her own devices Unsolicited Opinions on Israel happened

Hahahaha. I know what you're talking about, but the way you put this made me laugh my ass off tonight. Thanks. If you read that outloud it's pretty fucking funny.

>The only one with even a crumb of that is FemThor.
And what is that character development, I'm asking?

She's gone from

>I guess the world needs a Thor

to

>I don't want to die of cancer I'll stay Thor.

I never said it was GOOD development, but everyone else are literally puppets for FemThor to interact with.

I can't wait for Marvel to pull even more bullshit like FemThor being able to do thunder and lightning powers without Mjolnir for more than 60 seconds because MCU Thor did that as well.

Do we really want casuals to know about Bill, though?

Do you want to?