Take a look at this picture and suggest a movie with this aesthetics (dark, gritty, cold...

take a look at this picture and suggest a movie with this aesthetics (dark, gritty, cold, desolate commie blocks preferably set on russia or other slavics countries)

Attached: 1522209460352.jpg (2500x1664, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S-rj8m7Ssow
youtube.com/watch?v=bTyWfbvX0xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Tg3V8HDK5go
youtube.com/watch?v=zsC2ETsZL0g
youtu.be/nq_SpRBXRmE?t=118
youtube.com/watch?v=sKpm4HayQeY
youtu.be/A2pBZhTXRtg
youtube.com/watch?v=SOYkG5VMhp8
imdb.com/title/tt2718492/?ref_=rt_li_i
youtu.be/TkWXDAcREJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Night_Watch_(2004_film)_theatrical_poster.jpg (233x350, 33K)

posting another one for reference and inspiration

Attached: 1522209286205.jpg (3264x2448, 1.79M)

My life has this aesthetic, considering I live in a place that looks just like this. It's only comfy on film.

another one
gonna take a look at that

Attached: 1522209506355.jpg (877x624, 59K)

russia? near siberia perhaps?

la haine
hyena
leviathan
three monkeys

Serbia. You don't have to that far east to find commie blocks, we all have them.

Attached: file.png (301x167, 75K)

Honestly what made Russia think these were ever a good idea?

Attached: 1518695547913.jpg (600x400, 74K)

youtu.be/S-rj8m7Ssow
Here is a documentary on the Kowloon Walled City

that's clear, even brutalist swedish and finnish housing projects have the same aesthetics, not looking for comfines but for cold, if that makes any sense...movies that make you feel cold

The Pianist. Incredible film.

Attached: thumb-1920-698952.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

God damn that looks so fuking comfy

This brought back some memories of the Call of Duty Bloc map
good times

Attached: bloc.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

kleptocracy user. It's not about the people, it's about the contracts and the juicy bribes. This picture is a literal heaven on earth for any big Russian contractor.

You can play the DayZ game / mod and you'll be able to find these two exact buildings next to each other.

Russia at least has some space between them, and they 15-20 stories max. China takes that shit to the next level.

Don`t do it. I live in this shithole of commieblocks and I see it every day.
P.S.: I live near Moscow(25 km from it).

Attached: 14708360348640.jpg (2560x1920, 719K)

Eraserhead, which takes place in Philly, but that's basically Russia.

Really isn't

What makes it shit?

very comfy nostalgia

I always wondered how you guys manage to not kill yourselves. The weather + the city blocks are a recipe for an hero.
Also, OP, this is what you need discard any other opinion

Attached: dekalog.jpg (750x300, 87K)

Parts of Blade Runner 2049 have a similar aesthetic.

fuck man, I'd need a shitton of hasch and vodka to even cope living with this sort of view

Attached: 1509259787593.jpg (447x456, 9K)

I lived in a tower block before and it just sucks. The people that live there don't give a fuck, there is high crime, police often will not even enter the blocks unless they have riot squad accompanying them. Filled with drugs and disgusting to be in, nothing is maintained. Lift breaks and you have to walk up 15 flights of stairs. No view, because all you can see are other tower blocks next to yours.

Happiest day of my life when my family could move out of it.

Similarity, depression, overpopulation.
Because of overpopulation lack of:
- car parkings
- schools
- hospitals
- parks

Attached: 14708429893613.jpg (1100x618, 245K)

for the actual buildings
youtube.com/watch?v=bTyWfbvX0xQ

it can be pretty stark
youtube.com/watch?v=Tg3V8HDK5go

The diaspora faggot watches to many shows with Kardashians and wants to live in his own mansion with pool

Russians truly are the Chinese of Europe.

that's actually pretty aesthetic

there's so much wrong it's hard to list them. is completely right. Add sandniggers like say in French or Belgian suburbs and it becomes an absolute colossal dehumanizing shithole.

What's your favorite ep? I prefer 6.

youtube.com/watch?v=zsC2ETsZL0g

Attached: 1505120229332.jpg (1280x841, 397K)

It's been a long time but 1&2 made a lasting impression to me

The only movie I can think of where things get worse after leaving the Russian blocks

Attached: 220px-Lilya_4-ever_poster.jpg (220x314, 27K)

How about commieblocks with a side of FREEDOM

and some Philip Glass

youtu.be/nq_SpRBXRmE?t=118

Attached: pruitt-igoe.jpg (770x513, 504K)

hear me out zombies but with radiation and mutations

Attached: blade runner 2049 street 2.jpg (2400x1800, 640K)

Why is it that whenever these shitblocks spring up, they turn into a hive of criminality and shitheels. Even in canada, these apartment complexes eventually end up as public housing and the government just shunts in all the lowlifes in there.

The practical problems other anons mentioned are legit. But, the root cause for all of the shittiness, is that it's designed with the intention to dehumanize/de-individualize and make you feel like a cog.
I understand that the original idea is not bad and i support it (e.g. uniforms in schools) but they took it to extreme and twisted it from its noble origin (utilitarianism, common good, practicality, focus on the essential)

Even fucking Italy has commie blocks

Attached: 39A5664E-AA95-476B-8596-DE9ACC4C294A.jpg (1024x671, 91K)

>tfw live in a comfy city near a beach
I'd kill myself if I lived in a bleak place like that.

Attached: 1517013317450.png (1380x876, 83K)

The spy who came in from the cold.

That video is kino af. Is Konyaqatshsfhi good?

Lilya-4-Ever (something like that, can't remember the exact spelling)

I love this aesthetic too but it leads to fucking bleak films

No one wants to live there if they can afford to, so lower income people/immigrants rent there and most kids grow up to be criminals since there parents are out most of the day or are simply bad parents and they spend the day with other bad kids which reinforced bad behavior.
You can see it everywhere where lower income people take over those blocks, be it niggers in north america or immigrants in europe.

No love for CO-OP City, the Bronx?

Attached: cc.jpg (620x295, 98K)

pic related and various I think Ulrich Seidl movies play in such a setting

Attached: wall 1519754417858.jpg (2100x1394, 326K)

*their parents

pic related and for example plays in such a setting

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 01.48.44.png (691x444, 257K)

in the 40s-60s (in the US, at least), this was thought to be the golden solution for housing poor populations and making cities more livable (look at all that GREEN SPACE). When suburbanization hit and all the people with the means to fuck off from cities did so, it made this huge positive feedback loop where these projects turned into the trainwreck we all know they are now.

They were built cheaply and inhabited by poor people. Then all the jobs went elsewhere with the upper and middle class. So the poor people in the shitty buildings had no opportunity to not lead poor, shitty lives. At the same time, GM was working to destroy public transit, the only thing that would allow poor people to get to where jobs are. These people couldn't afford cars. All the tax funds went away with the upper and middle class people, so there was no money to repair things, no money for police forces or schools or community services. The poor people increasingly went towards doing and selling drugs because what the fuck else could they do? Continue this on and on and that's urban blight.

My city at least had the goddamn common courtesy to blow these buildings up and try to house people in actual neighborhoods.

Attached: feat_art_11_03_14.jpg (758x325, 91K)

La Haine is a movie that you absolutely should add to your list OP

Attached: La_Haine_1995_Movie_Poster_2_gykus_movieposters101(com).jpg (700x905, 79K)

corruption of building companys

very nice input, now where is the fucking movie, nobody cares about your life and or city

>where is the fucking movie

nigga do you not know how to find a movie on the internet?

Attached: hamm.jpg (292x292, 55K)

Dekalog springs to mind. I also watched Cargo 200 recently which, while not really featuring Blocs, is some of the grimmest Russian shit I have ever seen.

Gomorra is a pretty good example of this

Attached: dekalog.png (569x376, 274K)

90's KINO right there

youtube.com/watch?v=sKpm4HayQeY

yes I do, I currently doing it, you see this is supposed to be a place where people can exchange ideas, opinions or whatever the fuck regarding movies, I cannot emphasize enough how unimportant is your life story or your opinions in this thread

The Pruitt-Igoe projects (shown being imploded in user's pic) was designed by architect Minoru Yamasaki, same architect as the World Trade Center. I'd like to see someone work that into a movie.

would rather live in a commie block then the ticky tacky housing developments I see off of the highway

>they turn into a hive of criminality and shitheels.

Build a massive housing complex.
Stick thousands people in it that have no money, or low paying jobs.
Stick multiple different ethnicities into it that constantly clash.
Never police it.
Never pay any attention to it at all actually.
Wait 20 years.
Oh my god, why are these housing blocks full of crime and drugs. Let's knock it down, and build new condos instead
What about the people there now? We'll send them to another city that has different color housing blocks.

true. Hey, he did a good job with our airport at least. Looks pretty slick. Although a tornado went right through it a few years ago...

Attached: lambert-airport.jpg (1556x1002, 127K)

That's clearly a hotel.

Which city is this?

District 13

here's your answer op, decalog was made for you

man that Yamasaki guy built some sturdy buildings apparently lmao

Attached: 1516749419825.png (237x259, 101K)

Calm down pussy

That Scampia complex in Gomorra is fucking insane. To think it used to be double the size, I have no idea what they thought would happen. I remember when I went to Naples, and was shocked that it really was a fucking shithole.

Attached: 1506729446827.jpg (700x467, 55K)

only thing I can think of that's so depressing is Silent Hill 2.

can't thing of a film, but this band captures the feeling of those pictures.

youtu.be/A2pBZhTXRtg

Having lived near commieblocks like that while growing up I can tell you that its an obvious attempt to demoralize people and break their spirit.
Living in commieblocks kills your soul, people are not made to live in giant battery farms.

Just tear those crime magnets down.

Attached: NPL.jpg (1600x1200, 398K)

the whole of naples is a shithole, I had to ferry my ass out to sicilia one day to visit some towns and pay my respects for a decesead friend and the camorra was charging me with a free pass fee, go figure

>and was shocked that it really was a fucking shithole.
hahahahahahaha

I beg to differ, also thread theme

Attached: 1488718156093.jpg (3706x2524, 3.75M)

looks like cock and balls innit?

That's a great show. The 'location is a character' idea really applies. Also, a crime series with almost no police is really refreshing. It really ramps up the isolated feel of the place despite it being part of a major city. I also like how everyone from the low level guys to the Don live there, and the only distinction is how 'nicely' their shithole is decorated.

Durak aka The Fool
Surprised nobody posted this.

Attached: Durak_poster_goldposter_com_2.jpg (700x1000, 217K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=SOYkG5VMhp8
>watch?v=SOYkG5VMhp8
>SOYkG5VMhp8
>SOY
soy

>when the lyrics start
I'll stick with Katatonia thanks.

Attached: my soul when.png (663x429, 350K)

why do neckbeards and NEET's can't outgrow metal (or shit that sounds like metal)? get real

Ida (2013)
imdb.com/title/tt2718492/?ref_=rt_li_i

I want to be a NEET with a meager stipend who lives in a depressing arctic city.

Attached: Tiksi_23.jpg (1500x1000, 829K)

No way this is metal. It's more like alt rock than anything. Makes me feel melancholy when I listen to it.
youtu.be/TkWXDAcREJE

>Just tear those crime magnets down

That is the thing, they obviously house poor folk.

Care to build enough houses/proper townhouses for those poor people? Of course not lol.

They do deserve to get torn down though, relics of the Soviet Union.

why?

Attached: 1522020045873.jpg (587x645, 116K)

or anything shot in Poland to be honest

Attached: 71n6fX1sZnL._SL1355_.jpg (1069x1355, 223K)

So you want to commit suicide?

>not wanting to live in a cold, dark, arctic shithole
grow a pair and stop drinking so much soy

uh this looks like it was built after 1991?

That pic is Hong Kong though. Answering your question: communistic regimes hate their own people and don't even consider them human.

Memes aside, what happened to Russia to make its culture so cold and brutal and borderline suicidal? Did Operation Barbarossa followed by decades of communism break them or does it go back to the Mongols?

I had to stay there a couple weeks ago, it was attached to a half demolished block

that one found footage horror movie that took place in chernobyl. uhh chernobyl diaries or something?

Sügisball(Autumn Ball)

Forgot image

Attached: images (2).jpg (485x303, 14K)

Dekalog, it's a Polish miniseries

seconding this, pole kino
also Elena (2011) by Zvyaginstev