Character gets a makeover/outfit change

>Character gets a makeover/outfit change
>They keep it for the remainder of the series

>they looked better beforehand

almost all the characters were redesigned

or would you rather jimmy wore his weird shorts and loafers for the whole show?

Yeah but Libby was the only one that started with her original design and changed within an episode. After she changed her hairstyle in the Egypt episode she never changed it back.

> when you can tell what season you're watching based on their outfits.

oh yeah, egyptian beach party

i have mixed feelings about that ep but i think the redesign was good

WE

Shitposting aside I actually liked that ep. The CGI wasn't great but it holds up a a surprising amount, can't imagine how much it cost back then.

When this happens, it's generally because the new design either looks nicer or is easier to animate or both.

yeah the fire looked real cool and i like when people hang out with mummies and theres no threat

pic related

>The CGI wasn't great but it holds up a a surprising amount
Nah, I don't think so. The color schemes used in the animation particularly date it (all that 2000s green and orange).

The original Libby was I guess supposed to look kind of 60s to fit with the show's kind of retro 50s-60s kitsch theme.

Total Drama has several cases of characters going bald and returning with shorter hair, but Heather had the worst luck of them all.

The original designs seem like they were largely retaining the characters' existing outfits.

>I'll find that tomb faster than you can say Tutankhamun
>hours later
>Jimmy I've been saying Toot-Van Halen for four hours now, can I stop?

DELETE THIS
STOP PLAYING THAT EPISODE EVERY TIME

Duh? It was probably a promo they banged out in a hurry without bothering to change their looks. When they actually had to animate the show, they did proper redesigns of them.

you feeling ok buddy?

youre aware of the feature film, correct?

NO I'M NOT OKAY
WHY WAS THAT EPISODE PLAYED SO OFTEN
REEEEEE

ohhhh youre talking about broadcasts

yeah idk it was played kind of a lot huh? i forgot about that

>(all that 2000s green and orange).
what?

Why did they change it? I liked that style.

been a cue I've always used.

Turned out to be backwards with Bonkers.

>The shape of her head changes

Apparently they lost her original model, so it was cheaper to just continue using her new hair than recreate the old one

What? That's the color scheme everything in graphic design used back then. It was kind of a 70s throwback in a way.

How do you lose a model? That's so weird.

Hard drive failed or it got accidentally erased? Duh?

What I find weird is that only her model was erased though. How would only one model get erased but not others?

Early to mid 2000s sucked ass in terms of computing, especially on a TV budget, wouldn't be surprised if there were dedicated character harddrives

The original Libby looks more like a kid and the second design makes her more teenager-like, so take your pick.

Here's what I mean by that typical 2000s color scheme/look.

what are your thoughts on this design?

>Make this a summer to remember
04 was a good summer. Wish I could go back.

Not true. It's way too detailed for a "modern" cartoon. I like it though.

Or this.

>carl, help! i can't open my mouth!

That's based on the 80s dumbass. Neon colors were everywhere.

Do you see any brown, green, and yellow in here?

Good ol' Civ3. More 2000s kino.

Star Trek comes to mind.

>goes from division color shoulders, gray undershirt to gray shoulders, division color undershirt

What a bland, ugly design change.

which character is this?

Fix his mouth and it could be passable

That's April. She's an Alien that Jimmy fell in love with in the TV Special where they played in a game show.

I liked her with Jimmy more than Cindy

I guess that makes sense then.

wrecked