late edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the only beer in the house is Funnel Cake

we drinking it

I'm surprised you hung onto it for this long

Hello, Storyteller.

So... How you been? Did I miss anything?

I bought a single at the HEB the other day

I was saving it for something nice but "got off work" is nice

Yo, every time a movie comes out we get so many hell threads. How is the tipping point for people realizing the movies and comics are not the same the fucking 3rd Thor movie and 99th or whatever-the-fuck Marvel movie?

I guess because Ragnarok is a big departure not just from the Thor comics but the previous Thor movies too, so even casuals who've only read about Thor on wikipedia can see that it's different from the comics.

is it bad today?

i tired

Sup Forums's been quite shit lately, and it really shows that an Unfunnies storytime was the best thing on the board yesterday

"the crow was sucking cock for a reason" is the greatest thing a creator has ever said about his own work

I storytimed twice yesterday but if there's no engagement there's no engagement. The Unfunnies always gets an audience at least, although once you've read it enough times ("enough" probably means less than once) the funniest thing becomes the Millar anecdotes around it.

>i tired
Clearly.

Movies are a bigger deal than comics, thus they attract mainstream attention, which means a larger number of drooling morons who don't shut the fuck up.

actual wargames?

shit senpai feels like every year is the year of the rat

I love that quote because it implies that writing that the crow is sucking cock to pay rent makes it OK

it was a long day and climbing that hill after a long day always kicks my ass and I haven't had enough food today

now I crave something I'm not going to go out and get

Couldn't help but notice that dank new forced meme. Taking a break was a good idea.

there is a fine narrative justification for the crow sucking cock, indeed

Holy shit, Cranky?

To be completely fair there are multiple crows who are sucking cock, and therefore multiple reasons within the text.

That WoW storytime was comfy

Order pizza. Consume pizza.

Hey.

Where you been, man?

I'm tempted but I think the nearest thing is Papa Johns' and i'm not *that* hungry

beer and cookies is working for now

IP got blocked because Hiro wanted to sell me a pass. I took the opportunity to take a break. From Sup Forums, from comics, just recharge, y'know?

I also got into Nier Automata, or as I like to call it 'Sad Robots: The Video Game'.

That cucking story wasn't too bad, but probably wasn't the thread for it

What'd you think. From what little I know of you Nier seems like totally your thing.

I hear fantabulous things about Nier but I'm not buying it until it's cheap because I have no time to play an AAA game right now

also is it for PC

PC has never gotten a patch, and is also super fucking expensive (in Canada at least).
Hey Cranky, have you played the new Prey?

Taking a break from the 4chins for cuhrayzee is always a good idea.

>Platinum
>AAA
lol
I guess it is their most mainstream game to date

Yeah, Automata came out on PC a while ago.

Same. Hard to justify spending 60 bones when I can play one of the billions of SNES and PS1 JRPGs I haven't played for free.

Also yeah it's PC

Oh I love this game. It had me by the balls pretty much the whole time. 2B, predictably, is my favorite, and I especially love the ending. The overall main theme of the story is fantastic, and a glorious fuck you to the usual kind of narrative this would usually be.

I mean it was like $60 and shit last I looked

hmmmmm

I feel like 50% of why N:A was so popular was the story and gameplay, and 50% was the sexy female robutt.

Did Gerber ever do a medieval fantasy thing? Straight up, not a transported to another world deal.

oh thank god the beer is kicking in

wait, it's also gone

;___;

Awww yeah, it's the boobchain bikini! This was so in at the time.

Beer makes you fat.

Take a bike ride every day.

Problem solved.

I'm skinny and can drink what I want

Blondes man.

I mean, that's fair enough. Though it helps that 2B is a great character, and the sex appeal is pretty incidental. There's a damn good reason she's the face of the game, cause a good chunk of the story more or less revolves around her. There's also the twist, which is fucked up and depressing as shit, because this is Drakengard, and fuck you.

F

my internet is being slow tonight, huh

awwww shit, it's cosplay time!

ya gonna regret that when your metabolism slows and you get a beer gut

Pretty sure OP is well past the metabolism slowing days
No offense to OP

This is definitely /d/ right?

lol

what the fuck?

dude weed lmao

Okay, I NEED the cap of that first panel.

Nier is weird, but in a good way. A way to describe it would be action focused slice of life. It helps that it plays around with the medium a lot. Drakengard does the same to an extent. The protagonists also tend to be, well, kind of assholes. Especially Zero.

Hm. Gerber being Gerber. Seems I didn't miss too much while I was away.

we read Zenith, which was cute but a little slight

Thank you user.

I want to serve on the Fish Commission

>Get CREEMed!
What did they mean by this?

Anything interesting in new releases? Is Metal still the dumbest piece of shit ever?

I take back some of my defense of Metal after the recent issue being so full of awful character moments.

But the issue DID finally deliver on the "metal album cover" promise. Got me to listen to black metal for the first time since high school.

Those work ads make me feel depressed when I remember that there used to be a time you could make a decent living and buy a house with those kind of jobs.

I am behind on everything except for Dastardly and Muttley

Yeah, same.
The prologue and first issues were dry, it hit a good stride, and then it's rocky again.

Very schizo

Kill you are self!!!!

Most interesting thing about recent Marvel releases was Sup Forumsacks getting triggered by the dumbest shit in Waid‘s Captain America.

Captain America punching RATZIS??? This is unheard of, Marlel has clearly turned their greatest hero into a nu-male!!!

I would love a Man-Thing adaptation that really goes into the weirdness of Gerber's run. The movie we got sucked.

That movie was incredibly dull that it must have took real effort to make it so.

>pic
... I'm not even gonna ask. But yeah, Metal should've just been silly over the top shenanigans from the start, but no, Snyder had to get up his own ass with how THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Wasteful too. I'm still miffed about the Justice League Megazord.

>comic book movie sucked
Shocker.

They were really desperate to find things to get mad about. The best ones were that the girl defended her brother instead of the other way around therefore it's propaganda.

Nothing actually matters about a thing except how it offends you personally.

Oh shit, TCM Alert: Swamp Thing is on at 3:45EST on Sunday Morning

A friend and I watched both Swamp Thing movies and the TV cartoon after reading Moore's run in high school. It was really an experience, the first one is still a great piece of horror schlock.

The cartoon's theme song is a take on "Wild Thing" by the Troggs.

sorry, had to take care of something

And that issue was the most milquetoast thing in existence.

Hey OP. Coming in looks like an issue or late, because I was watching QI waiting for you. Sandi Toksvig is no Stephen Fry, yes?

Something or someONE?
>shifty eyes

anyways just a few ads left

back tomorrow, etc.

Oh, I see Jennifer levels up and gets her Chicks in Chainmail armour tonight.

naw we just read one tonight because I got home late and had to scavenge food and beer

youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

>I storytimed twice yesterday but if there's no engagement there's no engagement.

Sorry for not contributing to whatever that was.

Working through the Avengers storytimes that X-Anonish hopeful ran last week.

>Cardboard chits on hexmaps

Truly, the easiest way to lose game components.

lol you don't have to post in every user ITT's threads m8

just post in mine

>beer and cookies is working for now

user, consider "not closest" pizza. Or Chinese. Or anything else with delivery. Which, assuming you're in a larger urban center than I am, might be quite a lot thanks to APPS.