This looks very, very cool

This looks very, very cool

yeah i'd watch that

It was. Truely one of the most unique things I've seen in some time. Like niche hook aside, it's actually a really good movie of its own accord, but you add in the visuals and it's a masterpiece. Surprisingly full theatre when I saw it couple weeks ago but then again it was at the only theate showing it in my city.

spoiler he sells one painting, cuts his ear off and blows his brains out

what a loser

It was pretty good. I like the part with the window reflection out the train and the part with the rain on the other side of the window

Reminds me of that Mr. Show sketch about how having more money makes you more valuable as a person.

>So who is better than Van Gogh? Practically everybody, he made nothin'.

>Wow, so I'm better than Van Gogh and Albert Einstein put together. Who knew?

More of /his/ but what do you think of the theory that he was murdered and he just pretended he shot himself?

It's fascinating and not completely implausible, but it seems pretty ham-fisted and doesn't really make sense given his behavior after the shooting.

Huh. And I hear about it on Sup Forums of all places.
Thanks OP imma check this out

why is it weird that an animation board discusses it?

This should get an Oscar nomination for its animation style alone. We all know it has a snowball's chance in hell against Coco, but it'd still be nice for indie animation.

The strongest portion of this film is how they used transitions to morph from one scene to the next. The problem is they only used it at the start of the movie. I wonder if they were feeling more ambitious at the time and decided to stop for the sake of a somewhat timely release. There's also a scene with a water reflection that looked incredible.

I would have liked for them to explore just a little more of Vincent's life in some manner as well, but what can ya do.

Well you'd think something like Sup Forums would be the place to talk about a movie. But Sup Forums is basically Sup Forums 2.0 at this point so actual discussion of movies/television has to go somewhere.

And its a pretty unique animated style as well, so Sup Forums would probably whinge that it didn't belong.

Like I said last thread, I deeply admire the work ethic, but the ambition was seriously lacking. A whole lot of wasted potential.

I’ve actually seen some threads for this movie on Sup Forums, but neither those or he ones on Sup Forums last very long unless they’re derailed by the oscar autists.

Because it is done with actors in rotoscope and not actually animated at all.

i heard it was handmade

now that I think of it sounds surreal as fuck

>and then there’s this asshole
Sup Forums and rotoscope man

It was colored by hand with oil paints but shot live action and converted with rotoscope.

That seems like the only feasible way to do something like this.

There's literally no other feasible way to do a movie like this.
The fact that the frames are oil paints is insane enough.
Why does Sup Forums sperg out so hard over rotoscoping?

I saw this a few weeks ago with my girlfriend!
I meant to make a thread about it. Thought it was pretty fucking solid. Amazing visually, and it never gets old.
And I loved the fact that all the characters in the movie only really wore what they wore when Van Gogh painted them.
Go see it, Sup Forums. It probably deserves and Oscar.

>cuts his ear off

Didn't this turn out to be bullshit that his fencing buddy said to shift the blame?

>blows his brains out

He shit himself in the stomach. Supposedly.

So many misconceptions

Is he dare I say it /ourguy/?

Wonder how they will pronounce "Van Gogh" in the movie. That shit kinda triggers me as a Dutch whenever I hear "Van GO". I get it that the Dutch "gh" is hard to pronounce for foreigners but it's possible to get closer to the original pronunciation than fucking GO.

Anyway I still need to see it, but I've been excited about it since the first teaser appeared.

He literally got in a gay sword-fight with his artist freind who refused to paint portriats of eachother because he was ideologically opposed.

He took the ear off in the duel then Vinny said he did it himself so the dude wouldn't get jailed for it.

We French just say "Van Gog" and don't bother with the weird sounds, we read it like if it was a French name like we usually do with foreign names. I don't think I've ever heard it pronounced by a Dutch.

>We French just say "Van Gog"

Same in Russia.

Obviously I can't hear how you say it exactly now, but I think that's much better than GO like many native English speakers do. I remember last year encountering some dumb pokemon go memes using Van Gogh because they believe it's pronounced that way while it's far from that.

If was to win an oscar who would receive it, England or Poland?

The pronounciation of both the French and the Dutch names is off in the English version. I wish the director had paid more attention to that.

Does it has a waifu with big booty? No? So who cares?

>Poland

same fag