LIBS TURNING ON WES ANDERSON

>Car Seat Headrest Calls Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs “Racist” and “Infuriatingly Bad”

>“Props to Wes for finally making a movie that would appeal to literally zero people beyond himself. But also, fuck you.”

>Car Seat Headrest’s Will Toledo has seen the new Wes Anderson movie Isle of Dogs, and he is not a fan. “Isle of Dogs is bad,” he wrote in the first of several tweets. “It is an infuriatingly bad film. I am infuriated.” He went on, calling the movie “racist” and a “joyless kid’s film” that’s “specifically designed to be alienating and inappropriate for kids.” He bemoaned that it’s the first “Bad Wes Anderson Movie” and said, “I mean props to Wes for finally making a movie that would appeal to literally zero people beyond himself. But also, fuck you.” He then shared a Slash Film article titled “Is Isle of Dogs Cultural Appropriation or Homage.”

>Isle of Dogs is a stop-motion film set in Japan. The cast includes Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Scarlett Johannson, Tilda Swinton, Yoko Ono, Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, and more.

Attached: IT'S HAPPENING.png (975x508, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/car-seat-headrest-calls-wes-andersons-isle-of-dogs-racist-and-infuriatingly-bad/
youtube.com/watch?v=dt__kig8PVU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontenac,_Missouri
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He makes some salient points!

pitchfork.com/news/car-seat-headrest-calls-wes-andersons-isle-of-dogs-racist-and-infuriatingly-bad/

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=dt__kig8PVU

Attached: ouchi.png (494x514, 84K)

Literally a faggot furry with zero relevance, try again OP.

the soyest of boys

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1500x1000, 235K)

Wes probably flipped.

Not surprised.

Dude has genuine talent.

>fag that calls himself car seat headrest
literally who

retail workers make more than this guy, his opinions do not matter.

Car Seat Headrest is a fake band.

And Matador is a fake indie.

Cosley left two decades ago.

Car Seat Headrest will never print anything important, because the name of their publication sounds like a limpwristed indie band.

Bingo

it looks good

Wes is /ourguy/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.09.22 PM.jpg (1246x536, 95K)

Thanks for telling me who to ignore, op. This faggot gets nothing. Not even hate. He will remain irrelevant. Good bye :^)

I like car sear headrest, but libtard faggots like him are the reason I stopped going to shows. You can't go to a low-level show without being surrounded by douchebags like him; makes me stick out like a sore thumb.

They're ((()))

many such fake 'indie bands

sad

>your net worth determines your worth to society
G U L A G

>He went on, calling the movie “racist” and a “joyless kid’s film”
It's pg 13. Either way, movie was really good

>On Friday, Whoopi Goldberg used The View as a platform to ask actor Jason Schwartzman for help in landing a role in an upcoming Wes Anderson film, in what seemed like a joke.

>Whoopi didn't have any preference in terms of which film; the Academy Award-winning comedienne just wanted a shot. As she lamented in a put-upon Valley Girl accent, Wes Anderson doesn't, like, hire, like, a lot of people color for his films, so like, maybe, like Jason, who has been in like 5 of his damn films, could, like, pass her overly-qualified résumé on to the Academy Award-winning director for her? Like, thanks! Giggle, giggle.

Wes "West is the Best" Anderson once again BFTO libtards and their kike puppetmasters

Fuck off. You're not fooling anyone.

These people are either attacking or pointlessly white-knighting Japan depending on which of the two is more convinient that day.

The funny thing is that if an Asian debated him he would be so quiet. White liberals saying what is and what is not racist is a joke and will get you shitted on by both sides of the political spectrum.

hmm

Attached: murray.jpg (1230x1302, 350K)

Is this it now? You can just straight up call a movie racist without even elaborating at all. I don't get it.

>racist
How?
Wes does solid work.

They've been after him for a decade, he doesn't give a fuck

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.12.50 PM.jpg (1252x868, 202K)

BM and WA are good guys.

They're turning on '''Hollywood'''

Isn't Toledo an actual furry?

Critics have been calling Wes Anderson racist since his second film.

Wes Anderson is a quirky hack.

Attached: 1522272502602.jpg (316x352, 33K)

What does that even mean?

>that very obvious resentment

I'm curious if any of the journalists have noted that the movie was co-written by a Japanese dude. Probably not

the music he does it's made for this target audience, don't pretend you're different

What does it say about me that every time some movie or show is called "racist" I'm slightly more interested in watching it?

Don't listen to these people. They're just idiots.

Yep. It's pretty funny that they think CHR carry any weight.

Fuck I actually sort of enjoyed Twin Fantasy... God dammit

Let's hear some offended japanese people.

>muh racism

No one gives a fuck anymore

What do you call this hairstyle?

Attached: will toledo.jpg (3024x4032, 877K)

Oh fuck off. Some of his lyrics are obnoxious, but it's possible to enjoy things made by tools.

>now
>turning

People have been calling Wes Anderson's films racist since 2006

oh no will cincinnati is upset and that's a good thing
fuck off will

INTERNALIZED RACISM
UNCLE TOMASU

It's mean you're probably pretty normal but just fed up with identity politics. It feels like most things that do not perfectly align with a certain vision are called "racist."

When I hear something called "racist" nowadays I will instead hear "fails to pander to this set of beliefs." Racist is almost a code-word for interesting.

The snowflake

We can all agree this is his best movie, right?

Attached: movieposter.jpg (279x402, 28K)

kek

not net worth but generally if you're one of the peasants like me and you, your salary matches up with what you actually provide society generally.

Can't tell who I hate more, Will Toledo or Pitchfork for writing a fucking article based on a tweet thread
Kill me

Also
>People in this thread defending Car Seat Plebrest
Listen to fucking Guided By Voices or Ween or something just one time and see what a hack he is

you mean by freaks

Cultural appropriation narrative.

okay then soyboy, what does determine your worth to society?

Not A SINGLE cat in this whole "film"!? I thought you cared about diversity, Wes??? I guess I was WRONG!

>mih racism

No one gives a shit

It doesn't work anymore

Attached: Did+somebody+say+rare+pepe+_221c0cd0b0f73dd2ad8888ff61a3e6b4.jpg (471x497, 30K)

WOW Wes Anderson makes a movie that is critically acclaimed but general audiences find off-putting. Grab the torches!
Also funny how nobody ever says "it was a little problematic but still a well crafted film," no all the the animation and acting in the film must be abysmal because it appropriates Japanese culture.

Now Was Anderson will be Sup Forums's favorite director.

GBV and CSR are not comparable whatsoever.
Pollard makes albums with 30, 2-minute-long songs.
Toledo makes albums with 10, 7-minute-long songs.

is that the guy from Pretty in Pink?

You can't be racist against Japs, Asians are soulless subhumans.

Q predicted all of this

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u5.jpg (1000x1000, 143K)

why is this hate speech allowed on twitteR?

He's a furry, so he's probably upset there weren't any hard dog dicks on screen for him to jerk off to.

Japanese are germanic white aryans.

Attached: 1492138316334.jpg (629x814, 110K)

>Get into mall to watch the movie
>It's some rich yuppie theater with a small screen and only one showing
>Trailers begin
>First one is about a some french jews pretending they're not jews
>The next one is about women on menopause finding themselves
>The next one is about a crotchety old jewess supreme court (a two-fer)
>Last one is about a jewish cripple
>Commercials LITERALLY end with with the following words:
>"Oy Vey..."
Holy fucking shit.

Isle of Dogs was pretty fucking fantastic though.

Attached: yotsuba looks at the night sky.jpg (168x157, 5K)

when did liking a movie become a political statement

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

desu I don't know why it hasn't sabotaged his career yet
Royal Tenenbaums had an Indian guy playing a character called Pagoda
That's like casting a Chinese guy to play someone called Taj Mahal

>car seat headrest
i'm so glad to be disconnected from millenial madness

I bet it celebrates the Japs too. I hate these cunts

*gay

No, Darjeeling is

What theater?

Wes Anderson has always been in the business of homage.
What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Good music shit tier person

>queasy feeling

Attached: tricks.jpg (1024x792, 132K)

Cinema has been political since the beginning, retard

Attached: homosexual soviet jew.jpg (150x217, 11K)

t.cashlet

Car Seat Headrest?

Literally who?

People mad at this is literally the definition of "I'll be offended for you". This should be a litmus test and anyone who fails should be labeled insane.

Attached: 1517288105282.jpg (493x347, 46K)

When I saw the pic I was almost certain it was a FtM tranny. Can anyone confirm?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontenac,_Missouri

how was eraserhead political

DELETE

Attached: pepe time's up.png (498x499, 47K)

>powatiggs in my mobies?
politics has always been everything. You only care when its politics you disagree with

>Weiner
every goddamn time

Attached: 346423.jpg (634x479, 81K)

Fake (((indie))) band

He's an indie musician. His opinion on film is irrelevant but he said the right things so we must signal boost until everyone believes there are 3 lights.

fuck you give me a dollar

quantify ability and need

you and yours have this really fucking bad problem with practicality and implementation of your utopia. you just dont think about it at all.

Where do you see yourself fitting into commie society?

>st. louis

Attached: ms wojak.png (687x855, 452K)

Twin Fantasy is the only good thing Will Cleveland's ever done

Yes, and?

They're on the same label as '''David Simon's''' nephew Jason.

Dude, one of the most pioneering movies of early cinema was about the creation of the Ku Klux Klan and sparked huge protests.

Attached: Birth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg (961x1482, 1.47M)

yeah but now it's everything. A movie does bad and it's because of its politics. A movie does good and it's because of its politics. A movie can't be made because of its politics. A movie has to be made because of its politics. It seems like they only make two types of movies now; superhero bullshit and political statements.

I'd enjoy his music so much more if it was made by anyone else

>you need black people in your film
>specifically, me

Attached: EC2515B4-EC97-4FF7-81E0-2FA438CE4158.jpg (640x628, 48K)

Fucking Will Toledo, furry film critic extraordinaire? He should back to writing shit indie songs instead, the faggot.