Roseanne? Did you like it?

I thought it was too snow flakish. Too many touchy current day topics. I was hoping it would be more like the original. Sorry if this has been beat to death I'm late to the conversation.

Attached: roseanne-2018-ep-2.jpg (446x299, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4BYTDJigjA
youtube.com/watch?v=WMxeDMPvSnI
strawpoll.me/15387285
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it hit a lot of the same notes the original did, whether that pleases you or not depends on when you viewed the original probably. However, a bit too much of "hey guse I said uber because its 2018"

im glad they got the political bullshit out in the first episode, the second one is much better and im glad they arent coddling that stupid boy for dressing like a girl as if its a good thing

I don't watch network sitcoms because I'm not a FUCKING RETARD, thanks.

It started good and became great by ep 2. It was everything I would want from a revival of such a great show. I have high hopes for the rest of the season.

Fuck Roseann Barr. Fuck this show. Fuck anyone that likes this show. It's people like her the reason Trump won the election.

i thought the original rose Anne ended with John Goodman actuslly died and it was all a dream or something, how, the fuck is there a sequel

They basically retconned it all but the last season was weird and no one really likes it anyways so most fans of the original don't really care. Roseanne without John Goodman just wouldn't be the same.

That was a retcon itself, I guess she's retconned the retcon.

You seem upset, son. But it's ok, you only have to be mad for 6 more years.

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha

>Roseanne revival out of fucking nowhere.

God damnit why didn't anyone tell me about this.

Attached: 1415658284265.gif (320x244, 1.9M)

You laughed when people said he'd win the first time.

>the little boy is a tranny

fuck hollywood

I'm laughing at the salt more than I am the jokes. It's alright, I watch worse shit so I'll eagerly put this on my list over TWD. Maybe if I bury deeper in my DVR it will stay burried.

I liked it. I thought it captured the tone of the original and that's all I wanted.

With Bob "Integration" Iger at the helm, will Roseanne go back to Walt Disney World only to be told she's too fat to ride Avatar: Flight of Passage?
youtube.com/watch?v=T4BYTDJigjA
youtube.com/watch?v=WMxeDMPvSnI

>out of fucking nowhere.
Where the actual fuck have you been the past year? It's been everywhere you fucking hermit

That jill stein joke was amazing, and I doubt many viewers got it.
Hell, my sister voted for stein and loves roseann and until Christmas didn't know she left the party to join the trump train

Can I watch this if I didn't watch the original?

John Goodman comes to your house and shits in your mouth if you don't watch it in chronological order from the beginning

Are there many people here that watched the prior seasons of Roseanne?

It was all my grandparents watched and the humor is just not something my little kid brain found enjoyable at all.

edgy

Haha, gross! Who'd even want that, right? John Goodman would grab you with his strong, rough arms and force you to accept a steaming load from his puckered, hairy hole. Why would you even bring that up? Haha so gross. Glad no one wants that.

Attached: 1516911791593.jpg (700x700, 32K)

Based faggot.

>Hamm and Goodman
Someone get the Coen Bros some coke, I've got an idea

Attached: Emma+Kenney+Emma+Kenney+Takes+Dog+Salon+F2lzs1qjfi1l.jpg (407x600, 69K)

I how the show very obviously stayed politically neutral by having many jokes in both directions and liberals still got their fucking panties in a twist

I only see conservatives crying ITT

>that roseanne episode about mark figuring out masturbation
>watching the episode with my mom
>she's recently been asking me why I've been in the restroom so long
>sweating bullets watching that episode
>start saying out loud with her while i watch "i don't get it"
>that joke hmm i don't understand ha...ha.. we should ha... watch something else
>excuse myself and lock myself in the room
>spend the whole night pissed off an episode would put me on the spot like that
>can't look mom in the eye after that

>clones/rejects

Nope.

Grow up kid

Attached: 1468893577579.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

Attached: 1348672338682.jpg (640x427, 52K)

If you ever want to be sick to your stomach, read the AV Club comments on this show. Writing anti-bigotry comments while offering up textbook bigotry like "Trump supporters are all unworthy of even talking to me, this show is evil because they obviously support everything Trump does and have no brain space for all the places they put racism and hate into their skull" and other such things.

>I doubt many viewers got it
Jackie doesn't vote for Hillary because she got psyched out by Roseanne
It's not that deep

>18 years old

How the fuck does her skin look like a 50 year olds?

The "final season which was actually a dream" got retconned again so that it was just a fictional novel written by Roseanne herself. John Goodman is still alive, they never won the lottery. Essentially, the last season never happened.

I really enjoyed the revival episodes. They managed to touch on the political stuff without being overly preachy one way or the other, and they stressed that the political differences were secondary to the relationships between the characters. I was super impressed by the jokes, they were consistent and nearly all of them hit.

Real talk

Attached: IMG_5427.jpg (1242x1590, 449K)

my sides

>not assertively and aggressively asking your mom to teach you what it is and how to do it
are you a faggot?

Trash Amerifat diet

based reddit

this

Attached: fatties.jpg (1536x2048, 630K)

And it's beautiful

I like how the son is a background character with a black daughter because nobody liked him in the original either.

the sitcom format is difficult to watch now, but honestly i felt like i was meeting old friends. Not even kidding.

>Amerifat diet
>posts food clearly being sold in a yuropoor food supply distributor
fucking third worlders, why are you such peabrained faggots

John Goodman is amazing as always. I think he carried the show before, and he carries it again. Sarah Gilbert was fantastically snarky, but in the old way. Not in the modern MCU quip way. I always preferred Sarah Chalke as Becky personally, her acting is far better, but the original becky was obviously jobless so of course she is in it.
First episode is a little in your face that "we were a 80s poor family and now we are a 2018 poor family" but whether its nostalgia carrying it alone or not, I couldn't tell you. Either way, I actually enjoyed it immensely. I haven't enjoyed a sitcom in so long, so its kinda refreshing.
bottom line, there are only two episodes, they are short. give it a watch and if you don't like it, don't continue beyond the two. I will.

Attached: docholliday.jpg (189x275, 14K)

I don't know anything about Rosanne and I didn't see it but she likes Trump so it was 10/10

Attached: 1521747452598.png (477x403, 106K)

How do they explain how the dad is still alive?

They retconned that as to just being roseanne's novel. Goodman says "You know this would have sold like hot cakes if you hadn't killed the most interesting character"

th-this can't be a reddit post

Attached: 1485455690248.png (680x680, 483K)

>It's people like her the reason Trump won the election.
(And That's a Good Thing)

>It's people like her the reason Trump won the election.
that's why I love her

Current Day Topics are all that matter. We all grew up, we're too big for dime a dozen simple mouth-breathing "entertainment". Politics are more important than anything. And That's a Good Thing.

9000 SJW shows, 1 pro trump show and you loose it. That's the definition of a soyboy

Attached: kYRwch-3AvvkxkEK_57UxWf-E4yT0scaFqMCLipr1JY.jpg (456x768, 89K)

Say what you will about Trump, but Roseanne was always about blue collar folks, Roseanne Barr herself having been raised as such. The same working class folks who had felt abandoned by the democrats after towing the union democrat party line for 60 years. Trump appealed to this demo during the election and brought them under the republican umbrella. Its pretty reasonable considering the middle class is shrinking and the working class is worse off now than the 80s. So appealing to this ever growing demographic for both trump for vote and roseanne for views is absolutely logical when you think about it and stop letting your emotions get the best of you.
Whether or not trump is going to actually help the working class remains to be seen. That will be for future historians to decide. But for us? Its a growing demo and that demo is the one that Roseanne as a sitcom is supposed to speak to and represent.

Attached: wojak-numale.png (644x800, 15K)

Do the new episodes have a laugh track?

It states at the start that it's filmed in front of a live studio audience.

Jeez Norm, should t you be filming your Netflix gig?

>wanking on the toilet
Fucking burgers, you're supposed to do it in the shower

Never saw original, only watched this because of the Trump hype. It was pretty shit, which is what I expected.
Also pretty pathetic that right-wingers are euphoric over a sitcom with
>le based tranny grandson
>le based negro granddaughter
>le based single mother
>le "my body, my choice"

>That jill stein joke was amazing, and I doubt many viewers got it.
t. brainlet

by their logic you can't tolerate Trump and his supporters bc they're pure evil who are putting undocumented LGBTBBQ Americans into gas chambers or something

tiny bit too obvious for my tastes, but it seems to have gotten a lot of bites so fair play to you
keep up the good work

are these normal americans?

depends on the region i guess
their lifestyle and attitude must resonate with a lot of people if 18m people were into it

>"Let's say grace."
>"Jackie, would you like to take a knee?"

Laughed my ass off there

Attached: 1512457827330.jpg (201x168, 12K)

Based.

>9000 SJW shows, 1 pro trump show and you loose it. That's the definition of a soyboy
Just like white people losing their shit during their first black presidency. That's how we got the real liar-in-chief, Trump, but he's all right because he's mostly white.

those tits tho

But white people voted for him???
??????????????????????????
?????????????
???????????????????????

ALSO
Black people didn't show up to vote for Hillary in the same numbers
ALSO ALSO
More black people voted for Trump than the previous two Republican candidates

>More black people voted for Trump than the previous two Republican candidates
Gee I wonder if that has anything to do with the Democratic candidate not being black this time

It's surprising realistic for a "conservative" middle class white family

Hollywood always portrays right wingers as racist bigots, but the first episode got it right, they don't care if your trans, black, gay etc, people just wanted jobs & took a shot with Trump

>But white people voted for him
Crazy isn't it? After voting for him, they made sure to check his power by electing a republican congress that wouldn't even support their own rep initiatives when supported by obama, absorbed every conspiracy theory available about him and peddled them, blamed him and Hilldawg for Benghazi with investigation after investigation turning up no wrong doing, all the way up until the point where they supported the presidential candidacy of a man who lied about the election being rigged, labor statistics/unemployment rate, and the overall state of the american economy until he could take credit for it after 2 months after taking office.

It's true that white people voted for Obama, but Obama was also carried by minority support. Hillary, having been affected by the endless shit-churning, right wing echo chambers, couldn't undo the damage that was dealt over the course of 7 years of Dems not being able or choosing not to promote their achievements.

Republicans are snake oil salesmen. They could sell you your own piss in a can, but Dems couldn't even sell universal healthcare.

Interesting theory, though unemployment had been steadily declining since 2009

You say that like universal healthcare is desirable.

Rust Belt & Fly over states didn't get any of Obama's famous recovery, hell Hillary didn't even campaign in Wisconsin, Dems took those voters for granted & lost

minorities didn't stay home because of Fox News (which none of them watch) they stayed home because Hillary was an old white woman & wasn't exciting

>like universal healthcare is desirable
If Republicans supported it, you'd like it because they'd tell you every half truth to get you over that threshold, just as in, the reason why you wouldn't support universal healthcare now being that you think your piecemeal insurance will cover something that cannot be predicted. Not to mention, that in order to be against universal heatlhcare, reps for the past 8 years have basically made it inoperable- Trump took that same strategy with him into the White House when he defunded CRs.

There are only two republicans holding Trump’s agenda hostage. One of them is quitting and the other has a giant tumor in his head.

Yes, it’s pretty clear that Trump is responsible for industry coming back when he’s literally doing what Obama said was impossible (muh magic wand). Tax reform and tariffs are bringing American industry and there’s literally nothing you can do about it.

>Dems couldn’t sell universal healthcare
You can’t sell people something they don’t want. You especially can’t sell a federally-taxed healthcare system while also demanding open borders with third-world nations.

Roseanne, you can’t do basic math.

Sure they did. The whole country did. Since you mentioned Wisconsin specifically...

Attached: wisconsin.jpg (627x359, 32K)

haven't laughed that hard in awhile

>he doesnt understand participation rate metrics that show we are at 4 decade lows wrt labor force

Stay pleb

*Roseanne was right, you can’t do basic math

You know, maybe if the Dems would actually do a good job even one time then people would stop running back to the Republicans like battered wives. Maybe had Obama not been a warmonger in cahoots with the top banks of the world, people would have trusted the Democratic party's method.
The fact is that the distance between Reps and Dems is smaller than your cock. Both are shitty. At least when a Rep is in charge, people pay closer attention to the shitty things going on. But not the worst shit, mind you. Because keep in mind that the Reps and Dems are in on this together. So it's in the best interest of liberal media to focus on Trump's conduct blunders/conspiracies 24/7 rather than focus on his actual actions. That's why your average American probably thinks those tomahawk missiles were the first time Trump bombed something. Because the Democratic establishment and liberal media are covering for him. Because while it is in their best interest for him to lose the next election, it is not in their best interest for citizens to look too deep into the state and see where the parties overlap.
I'm a registered Democrat who voted for Obama twice btw.

Attached: trump-bigly-2.jpg (529x717, 30K)

I'm watching it right now. Do I like it?
strawpoll.me/15387285

Feel free to elaborate on whatever point you're trying to make.

America has had left wing presidents for the past six terms. Now that America has a true conservative leader there's nothing wrong with shows embracing that political reality

The Obama admin stopped counting people who were unemployed for more than 1 year.

This is well-known

>Trump is responsible for industry coming back
Trump inherited an economy that was under 5% unemployment. Obama inherited an economy with over 10% unemployment and rising. Trump hasn't brought back shit.

No, that was a Romney talking point during the 2012 campaign which was debunked.

>THIS summer... JON HAMM is a BALDING Hollywood HAS-BEEN...

Obama got the FC, even if he did nothing it was always going to recover
Ironically the FC made Obama look better statistic wise

I was thinking that you couldn't be that stupid, but here you are being the typical Trump supporter.