Why didn't Voldemort just use the sun as a horcrux? Wouldn't that ensure that he lives for trillions of years?

Why didn't Voldemort just use the sun as a horcrux? Wouldn't that ensure that he lives for trillions of years?

Attached: voldemort sun.jpg (1694x1400, 519K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YnG0eFwlmgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Deh

I prefer that grain of sand theory better

What's with all the Deh/Voldemortposting lately?

"Deh!"

ACCIO HORCRUX would bring the sand to you
pretty sure that wouldnt work on the sun

I think that you have to have relatively close physical proximity to the object at hand to make it a horcrux.

>doesn't put infinite mass charm on the grain of sand
do you think voldemort is retarded or something

Why didn't Harry hyperspace ram the sun?

>ACCIO HORCRUX would bring the sand to you
didn't this literally not work on the locket?

>be voldemort
>mind control spell some astronomer to launch a horcrux into space, murder him afterwards
>nobodies gonna fucking find that shit
>live forever and reign as king in a supreme wizard society
childrens book

Pretty sure that wouldn't work, any more than making the Earth your Horcrux would work. A soul isn't that fucking big.

>I know, I'll make a black hole on some random beach

Accio wouldn't work, because voldemort put anti summoning charms on all his horcruxes.
correct

t. soullet

It would pull the earth into the sun, killing billions

To save trillions

>no image
stop

how does the horcrux shit even work? he literally can't die while one is still out there? what if his body got pinned between two vehicles or put in a trash compactor? what if he fell off a cliff?

You can die, but your soul will be bound to the earth, allowing you to resurrect if a new body is created.

Here comes Deh sun
Deh Deh Deh Deh Deh
Here comes Deh sun

lol god dammit

They say sunlight is the best disinfectant, but even the sun can't disinfect HP from being one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1480194209347.jpg (1565x2823, 2.76M)

le based XD

kys

to enrich the 6 million

>makes a nasa space probe a horcrux
>shit flies off a trillion miles away before anyone finds out
btfo

Why didnt he make a random molecule of water a horcrux then dropped it in the ocean?

why didn't he shake the baby

Permanent A-List meme

>"Sunlight is the best disinfectant"
I'll always associate that with the Fox News Westboro Baptist spergout
youtube.com/watch?v=YnG0eFwlmgI

because the eagles are actually hell

>turns a random rock into a horcrux
>chucks it out of a plane

He didn't deh so good

Nice intro. Here is your (You).

Attached: Art-of-saying-No.jpg (1500x900, 98K)

JK Rowling didn't establish rules on it, because she's an idiot. All we have are implications. Given how it works, if Voldemort died, his consciousness would be transferred to a horcrux. The implication is that from this, if you got more than one horcrux, you can simply move about from horcrux to horcrux. However, you still would need someone to stumble upon your horcrux. Then you simply put them under a geas and they resurrect you.

This prevents him from using a molecule, a grain of sand or the sun, because the horcruxes would still need to be found. Yes, it would work a 1000 times better if was just a phylactery.

>go to the HP wiki to see if there's rules on it
>a shitty fucking video autoplays
>but first an ad
>the ad and video lag my shit up
Who thought this was a good idea?

Unironic tumblr/co raiding

deh!

Attached: 1483657543469.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

and that's a good thing

"Deh!"

Why didn't Voldemort just use my virginity as a horcrux?

Thanks friend please have a good day?

Attached: download (2).jpg (165x171, 5K)

based

it would take 100s of years for the spell to reach the sun from our planet

What if he needed it later?

They would have sent Hermione to succ it out of you

You have to be able to retrieve it or it's useless.

>"B-b-b-but his ego"
>implying the Sun hasn't been used as a symbol of power and importance for thousands of years by countless cultures

Attached: 1334858143491.jpg (350x350, 28K)

Attached: 1473433322140.png (554x400, 66K)

Underrated.

>However, you still would need someone to stumble upon your horcrux.
You have to be a blind man to miss the fucking Sun in any given day of the week, my dude.

Because that means he would have the chance of regenerating on the sun.

If it's anything like a lich, you could detect major magic on it.

The books explained that Voldemort was extremely arrogant and wouldn't deposit his soul into something as bland as an empty bottle or a rock. He chose the founder's objects because he felt a close attachment to all things Hogwarts, especially the founders. Also he never imagined people would know about the horcruxes, much less know how to destroy them considering he never even told his closest followers about them.

>use sun as a horcrux
>can possess literally anybody in the world because everybody sees the sun instead of just whoever randomly comes upon your snake

yeah but people wouldn't necessarily know the sun is the horcrux. just like no one knew Harry's scar was a horcrux until it was a plot point.

>pretty sure that wouldnt work on the sun
better hope to fuck it doesnt

Nothing can destroy a horcrux except magical items
Nothing about having to be able to retrieve it.

>Horcrux drifts into a black hole

I think eventually they'd catch on and imprison the shitty part of him that lives after his body dies. Like if you can attach other soul pieces to a horcrux, you probably could figure out how to do it with that piece too. Send that shit into space, never hear from Voldemort again

This. The Voyager 1 would be especialy a good one since its not even in our solar system anymore.

Attached: Voyager 1.jpg (1356x668, 63K)

You should try Space Engine if you're concerned by that
Space is fucking stupid big, it's literally incomprehensible

>They say sunlight is the best disinfectant, but even the sun can't disinfect HP from being one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises
best yet