RPO

Just saw ready player one, AMA

Attached: ready-player-one-new-poster-1.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Ready_Player_One_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you prefer tacos or nachos?

Why did you waste your money?

probably nachos.

but good tacos > bad nachos

I didn't.

Also, I've read the book a couple years ago, so questions about differences will work.

Family Guy Cutaway: The Movie

Is Shulk from the Xenoblade CHronicles series in it?
Any Shin Megami Tensei or Monster Hunter character?

never played/watched that stuff so no clue

How was it?

My head is hurting. What should I do?

Did u get the Gundam reference? I was the only one that did at my theater.

I just like the scenery in this shot from the trailer.

How long is this particular scene location? Just a throwaway?

Attached: Captureyt.png (852x353, 919K)

Do the Evangelion units appear in the final battle?

Attached: LHtgwCkr.png (1434x2495, 2.82M)

It was awesome, in my opinion. Not on an artsy/cinematography way, but in fun way. Kind of like a good Marvel movie.

I also just saw it (moviepass, I would never pay for this) and it's a 6/10. I was genuinely upset to see how the completely misunderstood The Iron Giant.

Drink more, it takes away the headache until tomorrow.

Nudes?

No, I did not.

Just a quick scene.

>being upset they "misunderstood The Iron Giant"

no

Explain the Shining homage

yeah. iron giant is a pretty simple story. he doesn't want to be a weapon. in ready player one he is exclusively a weapon.

>good
>Marvel movie
Opinion disregarded. Throw this entire film and everyone who enjoyed it into an incinerator.

>A film based solely on "le clevler referelence meme"
Fuck this film, fuck the whole entertainment industry as a whole, and fuck you for enjoying garbage. Don't even pretend that this film isn't just "HEY KIDS REMEMBER THIS! HAHA THIS WAS WHEN WE WERE STILL VAGUELY ORIGINAL AND HADN'T FUCKED EVERYTHING UP EVEN MORE"
Fuck nostalgia, it's just wallowing in the past that we lost.

It’s a reworked version of that WarGames challenge in the book.

I get the feeling having him in there was Cline’s decision

Is it true based Nathan Drake is in it?

this

Shining worked well in the movie. I would've liked the Wargames scene in a movie also, but I guess it didn't work for whatever reason.

Does RX-78 have a good scene and how long is it?

>I was genuinely upset to see how the completely misunderstood The Iron Giant.
When I was watching all could think was that they must have invited Brad Bird to the premiere and he sat there just steaming in his seat as he watched the Giant just fucking wrecking everything is his path.

Yeah but the characters aren't necessarily supposed to be an accurate representation. playing as a character in an mmo doesn't mean you represent the actual character.

>when most cameos are tracer and fucking Battleborn

Do people even care about you or your opinion?

>Does RX-78 have a good scene and how long is it?

No. Maybe a minute.

>I would've liked the Wargames scene in a movie also, but I guess it didn't work for whatever reason.
Well Warner doesn't own the rights to War Games meanwhile they do own the rights to The Shining and have a sequel coming out for it so they're hoping to raise brand awareness.

I didn't see him, but I'm sure I missed a lot of characters in some scenes

Of course. I'm sorry you're retarded enough to like this tripe.

Can you let me be autisticly mad about something?

>Marvel

The scene was kind of cool, but doesn't last long (as it's supposed to)

I like how people 27 years later are still fucking playing as these characters.
Who the fuck likes Battleborn NOW? Nevermind in 27 years.

have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

Gearbox literally paid out of their ass to have a ton of cameos, this is the only way they will ever be remembered.

I'm sorry for whatever sad life you live

yeah, I figured that most of what they left out from the book was due to licensing issues. The replacements they made weren't bad though.

also, I'm excited to hear they're making Doctor Sleep into a movie.

just giving an analogy to the way the movie feels

but yeah, if you don't like any marvel movies, you probably won't like RPO

>you probably won't like RPO
I think I could figure it out for myself user

How about you explain the movie in words other than "not artsy" "fun" and "like marvel"

Attached: 1517574903418.png (647x740, 14K)

>I'm excited to hear they're making Doctor Sleep into a movie.
It's from the director of Ouija: Origin Of Evil though

Tons of pop culture references; for fans of the book; a story-line similar to Willy-Wonka.

Yes, those are generic labels again, I could get the same info from wikipedophelia
I'm not interested in seeing the movie but good lord above man, watch some middlebrow flicks once in a while, your brain is rotting

>watch other movies, your brain is rotting

How's this good advice? Better advice would be to do better things with your time and watch movies when you're taking a break from doing those better things, watching whichever movies you prefer.

wait wait wait is the Iron Giant katana gun rumor real or fake?

Attached: 1522014735907.gif (800x371, 193K)

this is an example of her nerd manchild culture misunderstands the things it covets

is it a celebration of or condemnation of manchild culture?

>RPO

Run/pass option is tough to defend.

>Player makes a custom Iron Giant playable suit in game for someone else
>Shit happens and uses it to go into final fight, despite cosmetic touches not finished
Does anyone realize this isn't the real Iron Giant? It was being made for someone in game. It was just a skin. Go look up the Iron Giant mod for Liberty Prime in Fallout 4. We have examples of people doing this right now.

moreso the opposite

exactly.. The guy saying it's a bad example of The Iron Giant has never played as a character in a video game I guess.

Can you just outline the entire plot plz? No one has done it so you can be the first.

what do you mean?

>Better advice would be to do better things with your time and watch movies when you're taking a break from doing those better things
that goes without saying you basement dwelling troglodyte

>guy makes a vr mmo world
>guy makes an easter egg before he dies saying whoever solves it gains his trillion dollar company
>people around the world fight to solve the easter eggs and challenges needed to do so
>with multiple pop culture references in every scene

that's about it I suppose

How do I get a qt retro gf?

>says the basement dweller

Go see it yourself then, I don't give a fuck

and the world is utter shit and everyone ignores it in pursuit of nerdcore credit

probably the laziest movie description I ever read

true

just got back from seeing it. its a 8/10 for me, but then again my expectations were low. Some cringe moments, but other than that pretty good. Would watch again just to see some things I missed. It would be higher if they didn't close the fucking game on tuesdays and thursdays.

Attached: 1519097333211.png (563x319, 84K)

Yeah I don't feel like giving more away. That's about all you need to know if you're considering seeing it and haven't read the book.

Just because you are a dick on your high horse, here is the plot of the entire movie

In 2045, much of Earth's population centers have become slum-like cities due to overpopulation, pollution, corruption, and climate change. To escape their desolation, people engage in the virtual reality world of the OASIS (Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation), where they can engage in numerous activities for work, education, and entertainment. Users have discovered "Anorak's Quest" hidden within OASIS, a game created by the late James Halliday, the creator of OASIS. The first to find the Easter eggs within Anorak's Quest is promised full ownership of OASIS among other gifts. This has attracted a number of Gunters ("egg hunters") to play the game. Innovative Online Industries (IOI), a video game conglomerate and manufacturer of most the virtual reality equipment used to access the OASIS, also seeks ownership of virtual reality world, and its CEO, Nolan Sorrento has amassed an army of debt-indentured players, known as Sixers (due to their six-digit identification), to seek the prize. However, to date, no one has been able to complete the first quest, finishing a vehicle race across an ever-shifting dangerous cityscape.

Wade Watts, an 18 year-old Gunter from Columbus, Ohio, lives in a slum with his aunt. In the OASIS, Wade goes by his avatar Parzival, and has partnered with Aech, a male avatar that serves as a virtual mechanic. He later befriends well-known player Art3mis after saving her from being "zeroed out", which would wipe their avatar from the OASIS itself. Wade decides to study the virtual OASIS library to learn about Halliday's personal life in hopes of finding a hint to finish the race. Wade learns that Halliday felt regret when he had to accept the resignation of his partner, Ogden Morrow, over a personal falling-out, with Halliday expressing his desire to go back and fix this.

Yeah, 8/10 for me, but my expectations were high. Definitely agree about a couple cringe moments and about that ending with closing the game on tuesday/thursday but it's very overseeable.

however I really don't think I'd watch it again. The only reason I would is to see the small things I missed.

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle But Bad

Attached: shareImageJumanji.jpg (1200x630, 178K)

I guess for the people that wanted that and can't google

At the next race, Wade reverses from the start line, finding a hidden, safe path to the finish line of the race. He gains the first of three keys and a clue to the next quest. Aech, Art3mis, and brothers Daito and Shoto follow Wade to finish the quest, and the five appear atop the global scoreboards, becoming known as the "High Five".
IOI takes keen interest in them, desiring to learn their real-life identities. Bounty hunter i-R0k overhears Wade tell Art3mis his real name, disclosing it to Sorrento, who approaches Wade in an attempt to convince him to join IOI to solve Anorak's Quest, but Wade refuses. In retaliation, Sorrento has Zandor attack Wade's slum, killing Wade's aunt and her boyfriend. Wade is rescued by Art3mis' real-life friends and is taken to a Gunter hideout in Columbus, where he meets Art3mis' player, Samantha. The two discover that Halliday had once dated Kira, who later became Morrow's wife, and was the source of their falling out. In the virtual OASIS archives, Wade wins a bet with its Curator regarding whether Kira's memory remains anywhere within the archives, and the Curator grants him access to Halliday's memories of Kira, which turns out to be the entrance to the second quest. By surviving a recreation of The Shining while searching for Kira, the High Five team each gain the second key and the clue that the last quest is in Castle Anorak on Planet Doom.

Zandor discovers the Gunter hideout and kidnaps Samantha. Meanwhile, Wade is rescued by the real-life players of Aech, Daito, and Shoto, who have taken to hiding in Aech's van; Wade learns that Aech is really a lesbian, hiding her identity from her homophobic parents. In the OASIS, they learn that IOI has erected a field blocking access to the castle, maintained by IOI and the Sixers, including Art3mis, who is being forced to work for IOI. Wade sends a message to all OASIS players about IOI's activities, and convinces many to join their side to fight against IOI and the Sixers. With Aech, Daito, and Shoto leading the army of players, Art3mis is able to use the distraction to weaken the field and allow Wade access inside Castle Anorak. Wade finds that several Sixers have found the Atari room, trying to determine which Atari 2600 game was Halliday's favorite; choosing and completing the wrong one leads to being zeroed out. Wade recognizes the right game as Adventure, but even successfully completing it causes the Sixer to be zeroed out.

With Wade now alone in the Atari room, Sorrento desperately decides to activate the Catalyst, which zeroes out all players on Planet Doom. However, for winning the Curator's bet, Wade's avatar is resurrected, and he continues the quest. Wade deduces that the goal is not to win Adventure but to find its own Easter egg. Upon doing so, he is given the last key. Wade uses the keys to open a gate in the castle, where he is congratulated by Anorak.

Tracer fucking ruined the movie for me. How much did blizzard pay for that?

Anorak presents him with a contract to sign, but Wade recognizes it as the one Morrow had to sign on his termination, and turns it down. The avatar of Anorak transforms into Halliday, who reveals that this was a final test, one that centered around his biggest regret in his life. Halliday offers Wade the opportunity to wipe out the OASIS with the Big Red Button if he feels that is for the best, and otherwise awards him with the Golden Egg, transferring control of OASIS to Wade.

Sorrento and Zandor are arrested, and IOI is heavily restructured as a company, with the indentured servitude division removed. Wade opts to share control of OASIS with the other High Five. Morrow offers to help consult on a salary of one quarter, while revealing he had been the Curator within OASIS. The High Five decide to have OASIS shut down twice a week in order to force people into spending more time in the real world, while Wade and Samantha start a romantic relationship and move in together in an apartment.

Iron Giant is there solely because the Tsuburaya/Chaiyo legal battle meant they couldn't get Ultraman.

This. Movie is easily a solid 7/10.

All of us expected it to be a disaster of epic proportions but it turned out pretty okay.

how can a pop culture references ruin the movie when the majority of the movie is specifically about pop culture references?

>good
>Marvel movie
Pick 1

are any of these references real?
readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Ready_Player_One_(film)

all of them

Lol the gundam sword looks like iron giants benis

>are any of these references real?
>The Dark Knight Rises: Bill Wilson is seen during the final battle.

what a stupid question

No, dumbass
Look at the volume of edits leading up to release

>A background character that is easily unnoticed in many crowded scenes ruins this movie for me
Most theaters have a play pen where you can wait while your parents enjoy the movie

I would say not half of those from the book are in it. However, I'd say they were replaced by decent ones that they could actually get licensed for.

What about it did you like? I didn't give a shit about any of the characters at all and the only scene that stood out to me was the last one in the house because it contrasted so heavily to the CGI-fest prior.

>>A background character that is easily unnoticed in many crowded scenes

Tracer is dead center and in focus.

Two questions OP.

1. How long have you been on Reddit?

2. why don't you go back?

Attached: 410px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S72707,_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg (410x599, 44K)

BloodRayne, what the fuck?

About 4 years

I do regularly.

>Tracer is dead center and in focus.
and surrounded by lots of other characters that don't have any lines or do anything to the story just like her.
She has maybe 8 full seconds on screen. Jim Raynor in his alternate patriot color skin had far more screen time and story impact.

What about tachos?

Spy on the QB while sending in rushers

That Jim Raynor scene an even more catastrophic scene. Thought I was watching HoTs for a minute. Don’t get me started.

gtfo my board

>The Simpsons: Homer's Pink Sedan and Marge's Canyonero are seen on the Oasis racetrack. Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are seen during a Flicksync of the episode The Secret War of Lisa Simpson . Sneed's Feed and Seed store is seen in the background. Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers are seen during the final battle.
What do you think?