If I was a kid I would have loved this movie

If I was a kid I would have loved this movie.

Still a good movie though.

Attached: readyplayerone.jpg (4000x2490, 507K)

>muh 80s
plebeianism in it's purest form

80s were kino

this is the breed of pleb I was referring to.

the term is "Plegian", trogdolyte

you're a pleg

half as long as it should have been,
each key was essentially two challenges in the book, finding the key, then using it
in the movie, its just one for each key

should have been a two-parter
>no, not a trilogy. because the hobbit

It was hilariously bad, do you have eyes and ears?

the podrace was pretty cool

youre lame

It’s actually light on 80’s specifically and broadens it’s scope.

They also incorporate a section of The Shining in a really fucking neat way.

you are mom gay

I dunno, making it more straightforward is better for it imo.

>They also incorporate a section of The Shining in a really fucking neat way.
tell us

Mark Rylance is literally just playing an older Garth from Wayne’s World and I kinda fucking love it

If you were a kid all these characters would be new to you and you'd wonder where they all came from and their backstories and realize they haven't been written yet.

#mindblowingfacts

wot

i liked what they did with recreating the shining, but it stopped feeling anything like the shining after all the cgi zombie fast paced nonsense.

in the book they got to relive "war games" instead, and it was just that movie verbatim

It’s actually a re-done version of a challenge from the book, in which Wade has to use his knowledge of WarGames to complete lines from the movie. In here, it’s scouring Locations from The Overlook to find a key, which they find in the Gold Room that’s filled with floating dancing zombie couples. Halliday’s old crush is there, and they have to ask her to dance in order to win the key. They do some fun shit with the creepy corpse lady and Aech but it goes a little too CGI and breaks the immersion that was so expertly set up before that point.

You make it sound pretty dull but it's actually the only good part of the movie.

not enough giant robots, but still a couple good ones

not enough/any spaceships flying to different planets with lots of cool spaceships on screen
just one at the end

the artifacts just become a bag of tricks, a deus ex machina for whenever some character needs one
the zemeckis cube combines two obvious and totally unrelated references that have nothing to do with one another, and apparently anyone could have had one because they arent "special"

How much did it cost to get the rights to all the shit?
Wonder why no suit told the producers to fuck off.

By really neat do you mean that they showed you an avatar interacting in The Shining and then absolutely disregarding all of that to get the key? Is that what you mean?

I haven't seen it, I was quoting someone else

>Wonder why no suit told the producers to fuck off.
no one in hollywood wants to be on spielberg's bad side

I envy you

the race is cool
the shining is cool

>but no STYX castle because children wouldnt get music references

I liked how they made it almost seamless up until they went full retard and made the corpse lady have the axe

>the race is cool

I got really bored during the race, it was lengthy and overstayed it's welcome. The action itself seemed messy and hard to follow as a whole.

>no fucking jack nicholson, not even from behind
what the hell?

im surprised they mentioned all the keys used in the shining, were keys used as some motif in that movie? or locked doors?

They would have had to pay likeness rights. It the same reason why in many video game versions of movies they main character looks slightly different from the real actor.

not if they just show the back of his head and didn't explicitly say it was him

The movie's garbaggge. Didn't see it though.

yeah, they could get away with a lumbering jack torrence from behind
maybe with legally distinct hair

lol