What was going to happen if the Man in black managed to get off the island?

What was going to happen if the Man in black managed to get off the island?

Attached: Locke_backgammon.jpg (749x424, 36K)

don't know, it was left a mystery. it's one of my biggest problems with the show, since the threat of smokie leaving the island is what instigates all the actions jacob takes. i guess the fact that he's have to unplug the island to leave, thus destroying the island would cause something bad to happen to the rest of the world.

>thus destroying the island would cause something bad to happen to the rest of the world.
Pretty much this. When the island is threatened, bad things happen.

still, wouldn't jacob have the power to let him leave? or was it even beyond jacob's power? it just made jacob seem cruel.

Jacob was an asshole he murdered him in the first place, by the end I was rooting for the Smoke Monster

Everyone alive would have their souls dragged to Hell.

Jacob and the Monster were diametric opposites. The former was only there to stop the latter from leaving (to do evil? idk). That's why he needed a successor to carry on that job.

in all seriousness the writers probably never even considered that

but his brother wasn't evil, he was completely justified in killing their adoptive mother, considering she killed their biological mother and everyone at the village.

Any shows like Lost?
Filled with mystery,great characters and feels?

Attached: 1488181674936.jpg (690x579, 49K)

also why would the island choose that woman as a guardian in the first place, she was a psycho bitch. the island was evil.

I never said he was in the right. Just that the very nature of his character/role was to oppose Smokie at every turn.
>the island was evil.
Which is why nearly everyone to encounter it kicks the bucket or turns evil/insane.

shut the fuck up faggot

yeah, i get the thematic nature of the story. it just seems like the writers were trying to explain the necessity of some of seemingly evil things god does in the bible by creating an analogue in the show with jacob, but they failed and just proved how incomprehensible the bible is when dealing with the problem of evil.

it would be extremely painful

the idea was that the man in black was cursed with eternal life by the magic of the island. when the cork was pulled the magic dies and so he becomes mortal.
nothing really would have happened but the loss of magic on the island would be a heavy price for the world cuz magic is cool i guess.

>
just watch lost again

which, when i really think about it, makes very little sense why jack bothered to fight dark-locke in the first place. he basically pulls it out for the sake of being able to murder him and then immediately realizes he has to put it back.
bad writing.
the last season was terrible.

Lost in one image.

Attached: Magic.jpg (275x183, 11K)

I got a 3 day ban from /hr for telling someone to stfu. What gives?

Nothing, Jacob was just a dick

I’d assume everyone in the world would be infected with the evil sickness like Sayid and Clair were

Would it be acceptable if Cloverfield was the something bad to happen to the rest of the world if the island's heart went out? Nice to imagine the movie series as an alternate scenario.

nah that's impossible because those were qualities of the "monster", which as soon as the cork was pulled, no longer existed.
face it, nothing would have happeend.
the tragedy of the island sinking thing thing, aside from the immediate physical threat, is supposed to be metaphorical but because it's so vague it's hard to even care about the consequence if you think too much about it.

mods don't mod. they just ban people for stuff they don't like. I got a 3 day ban for saying r1 was a reddit movie

no, you're a fucking retard

Nothing. after he got Desmond to pull the cork he was just a normal person albeit stuck in Locke's body. The man in black leaving the island was never the problem, the problem was uncorking the magic/life energy/whatever the fuck was in the center of the island so that he COULD leave. We are to assume it was the binding life force/positive energy of the entire world or some shit so probably everyone would just become lifeless zombies or the world would decay and die or something like that. Or the entire thing was just an ebin social experiment by god and it was just a shiny pool of liquid with a giant cork in it that actually does nothing of importance at all. Just a prank bro XD.

> binding life force/positive energy of the entire world or some shit so probably everyone would just become lifeless zombies or the world would decay and die or something like that.
youre kinda on to something.
realize the flash-sideways world, is the magic-less world where the island is sunk, in a sense that is our world, a place lacking in magic.
so yeah, if locke left the world would just be like the one we live in now, which we can all agree sucks and isnt nearly as fun as a primetime tv series right?
basically it's kinda meta, the idea that we have to "find" our loved ones from a lost world we can't remember, but too sappy and horned in to really work.

No.

Stranger Things

i was recommended leftovers anda westworld.
Leftovers was good, but it's even more vague than Lost. Has great characters and feels tho.
Westworld was just shit.

Nothing they were just making up bullshit as they went there was no overall plot or meaning to any of it, they just wasted your time.

>if locke left the world would just be like the one we live in now, which we can all agree sucks and isnt nearly as fun as a primetime tv series right?

>basically it's kinda meta, the idea that we have to "find" our loved ones from a lost world we can't remember, but too sappy and horned in to really work.

Was this really what they were going for? I can kinda see it but good lord they barely got that across. and it still felt like the whole "limbo" concept was something they threw together and decided on halfway through the last season.

after season 3 they mapped out the last 3 seasons and because their outline was too firm and brisk everything seemed kinda shitty and forced to the point where it became a parody of itself, though at times it was hard to tell

i guarantee it all looked better on paper before the execution

so like every tv show ever?

for a network show, Lost was more planned out than most. And it actually ended when the writers wanted it to.. again, something that barely ever happens.

just look at x files

I liked westworld, I didn't care for the 'twist' but nothing is perfect, except the Terror so far

Your telling me that the time traveling, random deaths of Charlotte and Faraday and the defiling of Locke were all planned years in advance? dear god what happened. the first 3 seasons were totally kino.

I asked a while back if I should watch this show, the replies were divided but those who said yes seemed to have a lot of passion. I finished the finale a few hours ago and fuck. This is probably the best rollercoaster ride I've ever been on. I guess if you really want to you can pick the show to pieces but the overall experience is unmatched by anything else I've ever seen.

We will probably never get another show like it. The OST, characters, emotion and mysterious atmosphere are completely unmatched.

Who was your favorite character, user? for me it was a tie between Locke and Mr Eko.

Locke was amazing, and honestly once I realized that Linus actually killed him right there and then my heart just broke. I also loved Jack's character development over the seasons. Didn't much care for him in S1, he seemed like your standard hero guy but he clearly went through the most character building throughout the show.

Locke honestly had one of the saddest storylines I have ever seen. Imagine being denied your opportunity at destiny because you picked a knife over a bottle of sand when you were 8 years old. and then again because you didn't want to be bully bait in high school. and then your dad shows up and steals your kidney before throwing you out a window, and then a phone-sex operator breaks up with you. and then you think you finally know what your supposed to do and some ass-clown breaks the whole thing on the way out the door so you have to go fix it and then he kills you so he can take your seat.

Saddest and also a failure. Usually there is a clear reason for a tragedy because there still needs to be a clear payoff storywise. (See for instance Londo Mollari in Babylon 5.) With Locke it seems all so very random and he gets killed as a sad fucker without any point and that makes his character arc pointless. When Jack later on talks about what a great man he was and that he knew stuff... we all know he didn't know shit which makes everyone glorifying him look really dumb.