Watch Iron Man (2008)

>Watch Iron Man (2008)
>It's painfully average, dull, people talk about it being one of the better Marvel movies but it's just as predictable and overrated as the MCU ones
>Watch Ang Lee's Hulk
>Everyone shits on it for dumb reasons when it's actually fucking kino
Why did everyone lie to me?

Attached: Hulk_FatherVSon.jpg (768x432, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2003&p=.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love ang lees hulk. Nick nolte was one of the most interesting marvel villains.

I agree.

hulk dogs were a bit weird as an idea. I really like the first half, it's a genuine attempt at doing capeshit in an original way, but the last act never made any sense to me. Haven't seen it in years though, but i did saw it a couple times and I've always felt dumbfounded by the last part.

>that small part when he mocks bruce

Attached: REEEEE.gif (500x275, 1.92M)

That's how it starts. The fever, the rage.

IronMan is utter shit. Can't believe everyone loves it

>try to make hulk "cerebral"
>kino

Yeah no this shit was not Hulk at all and incredibly lame.

Because it was boring shit.

MMM THESE GRAYONS ARE GOOD

Attached: laughing evans.jpg (900x729, 85K)

>hulk dogs in the ang lee movie
>everyone hates it and makes fun of it
>tfw thor ragnarok did it and everyone praised it
Life is cruel

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>GUYS LOOK HOW MUCH I ENJOY WATCHING BORING SHIT HOW SMART AM I GUYS?

>YES MOMMY FEED ME MORE CAPESHIT!!!!! I WANNA SEE THANOS PUNCH THINGS

It's literally just marketing. They're using the same tactics to "change the narrative." The only time it didn't work was with Trump. It was very unusual.

because fighting a giant norse wolf looked cooler than a couple retarded looking pitbulls

Mark Hamill?

>Why did everyone lie to me?

better question, why are you so new and dumb that you listened to /tv /?

Attached: 26167687_945067852336206_7702622581767099543_n.jpg (520x492, 68K)

Ironman was like any other Marvel flick. I have no idea why people put it on some pedestal. I doubt most people remember anything about it except it was the first RDJ Ironman movie.

Yeah, this is basically his reaction to The Last Jedi.

its on a pedestal because many of us remember how it made us feel when capeshit was new and fun, before there were 4 new capeshits a year every year for a decade and we got bored of the gimmick.

I'd argue that it should be given more shit because it's the thing that landed us in this spot in the first place.

Because it’s literally fucking Norse mythology, y’know, the whole thing that Thor is from?

I swear, Sup Forums shitters have no fucking brains. Who would’ve even thought that a wolf that is supposed to eat the chief god in Viking apocalypse would be something out of the ordinary?

Go back to tiddeR. The position he gave was the normie position. The Sup Forums position places Hulk above Iron Man.

You don't have to try so hard to be a faggot, you're already on Sup Forums

I guess context is lost on children

>loves bottom of the barrel garbage so much with no actual defense that he uses the "heheh we're all fags on this board, right guys?"
i'm not your friend, retard

>boring giant CGI wolf is 'out of the ordinary'
I guess I should've known the MCU only makes movies for the creativity vacant

Now, to be fair as a third party, all you did was call them shit eaters with no actual defense or points of your own.

The both sides of your exchange was just you two proving how much you can shitpost, you dumb faggots.

It didn't have to be like this, they could have actually realized that comic books can be adapted to multiple genres. If they just had the ball to mix shit up every once in a while Id still be a fan. they dont all have to be the same formulaic action comedy. throw in a horror, fantasy, high concept scifi. Fuck it even a romance. there are plenty of options that they refuse to try,

Because it was the first capeshit since Blade that wasn't complete garbage.

Raimi spins in his grave

their defense was that the movie is "boring" which is the most brainlet non-criticism anyone can make. i am going to call them shit eating retards because all they wanted out of a hulk movie was green man punch things, god forbid someone actually wants to do something interesting with the material

Don’t be a faggot and try to misconstrue what I’m saying here, user.

The reason why this big fucking wolf was included was because it’s literally major component in the actual tellings of Rangarok, as it is foretold and eventually dies devour Odin. The discussion was never about it being CGI regular ass wolf, but to why it’s inclusion was there. Whether or not it could’ve been more visually interesting while still keeping the wolf aspect to keep in line with actual mythology is an entirely different discussion.

I’m simply saying that that post, which basically said “durrr why big wolf in this movie”, was a fucking stupid post.

You're right, first Capeshit since Spider-man 2 that wasn't complete garbage.

apple and oranges.
In the lore of the comics Banner became hulk through an impossible accident to reproduce. That's precisely why he spend his entire life on the run, because every agency on the planet wants to study him and no one has ever managed to reproduce his accident. Hulk is unique. She hulk is the only other marvel character to have some of his attributes, only because banner gave her an emergency blood transfusion once. Banner's blood is the holy grail of every military agency in the marvel universe.
The dogs are in the movie only, nowhere else. Not only that but they clearly are there to give the script a cheap action beat that very likely was put there by suits and/or producers.

While Thor fighting Fenrir is an actual event both in Norse mythology and in the comics. Fenrir is actually foretold to kill Odin during the events of Ragnarök in the Norse Myth.

Attached: 1514584222317.jpg (394x406, 48K)

Explain why it isn't boring then brainlet.

You're too young to know this but before it was released IronMan was just anC list hero in the public eyes and everyone thought it would bomb. Then it turned around and kick started the MCU

because it tells a story in a unique way that wasn't really done by other movies at the time and has enough action scattered throughout the movie to keep the viewer interested? god i would love to see your ADHD addled mind fry watching a movie that has absolutely no violence in it

It did a shitty character drama and tried to poorly explain Banner's inner rage and the only time the titular character flexed his muscles against something was against fucking Hulk-poodles.

You're a fucking spastic with shit taste is all.

>the only time the titular character flexed his muscles against something was against fucking Hulk-poodles.
so you're just shitposting and didn't watch the movie, carry on

>beats them with a tree trunk
>bites them back
>punch one in the balls
>slams them into each other
>sticks his fist in ones throat and then pulverizes it to dust
>stomps one into the car and throws it into a tree to disintegrate
>breaks ones jaw by flexing muscle, then rips it to shreds

I love the Hulk vs hulk dogs fight. The only problem with it is that it's dark as hell and you can't see very well. Ang Lee's Hulk wasn't in the movie very much, but when he came out, he fucked shit up.

Attached: Poodle.jpg (306x133, 10K)

Having the Hulk less > Having the Hulk more
It's much more cinematic and better to have him actually build up to that. I much prefer this approach to the MCU one where he's almost always the Hulk and just acts like a giant retard spouting quips.

>Hulk is unique. She hulk is the only other marvel character to have some of his attributes, only because banner gave her an emergency blood transfusion once. Banner's blood is the holy grail of every military agency in the marvel universe.

This hasn't been true for a long time.

>The dogs are in the movie only, nowhere else. Not only that but they clearly are there to give the script a cheap action beat that very likely was put there by suits and/or producers.

The dogs had a point actually, since movie Hulk was the result of his dad's experiments and those pups were his lab rats.

I've seen it. That's how i know it's boring shit. Even the most retarded of contrarians don't like this garbage because nothing happens.

it had more action scenes than that, but sure, blame the movie because only thing your brain can absorb is infinity war trailer reactions on youtube

Not him, but if he, much like pretty much everyone else outside of Sup Forums contrarians thought the movie was boring garbage, then what else should he blame other than the movie?

I agree. I think that the movie was way too slow for most people and that's why people hate Ang Lee's Hulk. But when he finally shows up in the movie, he's an unstoppable force

>Any action is good action

This is why you're a brainlet.

you said that the scene with the hulk dogs is the only action in the movie, i said that it wasn't and now you're trying to argue a completely unrelated point. go away retard

>The dogs had a point actually, since movie Hulk was the result of his dad's experiments and those pups were his lab rats.

And this is precisely where the comics fans started to gave up on the movie. The dad plot is a complete invention, not an adaptation. And it's resolution is rather inept and lacks any meaningful emotion, it didn't resonate with the audience. It's the fundamental reason why the movie flopped. Too far fetched, too much liberty with the source material, botched last act. The dogs are just the cherry on top.
And it's a shame because I still think the first half has brilliant bits in it. But it ultimately fails as a whole.

What would Hulk do to this dog?

Attached: 1521369750590.jpg (1200x1146, 86K)

SMASH!!!

It almost looks like the one in the movie

Attached: Hulk_Dogs.jpg (450x253, 18K)

>comics fans

I don't think an opinion from the group that is content to eat shit for years just because it features their favorite character should matter in the slightest.

The only thing I didn't like was the final fight with the dad. I'm not even sure how he beat him. I like Hulk better then The Incredible Hulk

A detail that I will always praise in Ang Lee's Hulk is that the angrier he gets the bigger he gets.

>Iron Man came out ten years ago

Attached: 1505114318534.gif (250x188, 820K)

Does anyone know how much time passed in the MCU movies since Iron Man became a superhero? Like has it been 10 years?

maybe so, but then why even bother buying the rights in the first place if you're not going to be somewhat truthful to the source material? A studio buy IPs to give insurance to the investors that there is a core fanbase that will guarantee a minimum amount of tickets sold. To alienate this core audience defeats this purpose.

>I'm not even sure how he beat him.
They nuked them both.

kek

>why even bother buying the rights in the first place if you're not going to be somewhat truthful to the source material?

Because it's an established brand with a core audience that will see it no matter what. It doesn't matter if the viewing will alienate them, all it matters is that they'll buy a ticket. The main prize are those outside that core audience, it's them who you need to attract, not the mouthbreathers who'll be happy to chant HULK SMASH during action scenes. And for that purpose, comic book IPs are perfect because they are in mainstream's awareness on some level, be it cartoons, TV shows or video games. The less fucks given about "canon", the better, pretty much every successful superhero movie shits on established things.

Reviews of films are opinions and good ones entertainment in their own right.

Yet it wasnt cooler

But comic books are all the same lame shit exept with more fags and forced niggers?

The world is stupid

This

This so much. Same goes for the hate for DC.

>It doesn't matter if the viewing will alienate them

>Production Budget: $137 million
>Worldwide: $245,360,480
Notwithstanding marketing costs

Hulk ended up ranked #14 at the box office in 2003 just behind Quenn Latifah's Bringing down the house and just ahead of 2 fast 2 furious, who both by the way had a much bigger ROI.
Universal biggest success in 2003 was Bruce Almighty, ranked #5 in the yearly box office.
Production Budget: $81 million
Worldwide: $484,592,874

You have your opinion, I have mine. I will however note that universal never even tried to do another hulk after this objectively poor business result. Sometimes it's a good idea to not alienate your audience. Sometimes.

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2003&p=.htm

HULKINO

Attached: Hulk 03.webm (640x334, 594K)

Sarah Jessica Parker?

Kek at the smart mooks

ironman pretty good on weed though

I am going through an entire rewatch of the MCU and Iron Man to me was a bit boring, might be because I rewatched it quite a bit, but what surprised me was how it handled heavy subjects.

We see car bombs, taliban terrorists, tony practically gets waterboarded, they are completely fine with death and murder, maybe its just the way it was directed, but it no other film seems to be as dark.

>being this analpained that people don't share you opinion on this movie
please kill yourself
oh and the movie was fucking shit

its been a little bit longer

Dont call him ang lee, you wouldn't like him when he's ang lee

so this is kino now huh

So Iron Man has been fighting crime for 10 years? I thought maybe it was like the X-Men in the comics, came out in the 60's, but have only aged maybe 10

ironman was a b-rate hero and this movie was literally what kickstarted marvel into doing the mcu

let me put it in a way you will understand
ironman is to comic adoptation what bladerunner is to the whole cyberpunk genre is spawned

The movie did wonders for Iron Man. Hell, they shoehorn him in everything now. It's like the exact reverse of what Superfriends did to Aquaman

Attached: tumbleweed.jpg (653x490, 39K)

they had no more money left whatsoever or something? wtf

Attached: 1522022209367.png (640x480, 158K)

Nah, Ang Lee made cuts like that to make it look like a comic. It's all over the movie.

That's the Fenrir Wolf