BASED

Owen Perez
Owen Perez

BASED
Wes Anderson BTFO

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-isle-of-dogs-review-20180321-story.html

Attached: still-isle-of-dogs-copyright-2017-twentieth-century-fox-cropped.jpg (231 KB, 1000x563)

All urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-isle-of-dogs-review-20180321-story.html
twitter.com/carseatheadrest/status/979142267901325312
latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-kubo-two-strings-review-20160815-snap-story.html
nationalreview.com/2018/03/movie-reviews-isle-of-dogs-ismaels-ghosts-isolationist-dreams/

Gavin Robinson
Gavin Robinson

Justin Chang

Attached: IMG-20180329-085354.jpg (101 KB, 602x563)

Luis Parker
Luis Parker

Haha holy fuck.

Brody Morales
Brody Morales

wasn't this supposed to be an anti-trump parable or something? i assumed msm would LOVE it

Austin Wilson
Austin Wilson

its like your not aloud to make any think that isnt based on your own race, colour, gender or experience
man if that was real what a fucking shitty boring world it would be

Luke Parker
Luke Parker

It was in pre-production before Trump announced his campaign I think

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

i would like to know what Japanese people really think about this movie

Luke Cruz
Luke Cruz

Why do wes's movies all have a ton of advertisements? I thought they were indie.

Noah Robinson
Noah Robinson

SEETHING

Lincoln Watson
Lincoln Watson

twitter.com/carseatheadrest/status/979142267901325312

Luis Russell
Luis Russell

Why the FUCK is there an article about this?

Toledo's opinion may as well be twitter eceleb shit.

Evan Lee
Evan Lee

Honestly that just made me want to see it

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

retard in a shit band has a terrible opinion
cool

James Wood
James Wood

It's like Last Samurai all over again

Ethan Watson
Ethan Watson

Wes Anderson BTFO
BTFO

"Wes Anderson's 'Isle of Dogs' is often captivating, but cultural sensitivity gets lost in translation"

Yeah kid i don't think you know what BTFO means.

Attached: 1396891646204.jpg (29 KB, 400x300)

Nicholas Kelly
Nicholas Kelly

kek

Attached: chsvcjbn.png (52 KB, 835x221)

Isaac Mitchell
Isaac Mitchell

cultural sensitivity

Anderson's an American making a movie set in Japan where all the Japanese people speak Japanese and are played by Japanese people, while all the English speakers are dogs, the fuck do they want? Did they forget that a mere few decades ago this would've been a movie with white actors in Japanese clothes speaking English for 100% of the movie? Japanese people don't even get asshurt about this kind of stuff the way Americans do. I just googled Wes Anderson and saw a headline from Pitchfork literally calling the movie racist, what the actual fuck?

Attached: 1519762975545.gif (1.73 MB, 480x360)

Andrew Hughes
Andrew Hughes

EL LUIZ EXTINGUIDO

Jacob Ward
Jacob Ward

Welcome to 2018.

Attached: plicard.png (85 KB, 418x175)

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

I fucking loved the movie and I can't even express how pissed I am to have the mere thoughts of the identity politics intruding into my experience of it.

Carter Jones
Carter Jones

The plot of the movie reminds me of a shonen adventure manga, I don't know how you could hate it unless you hate fun

Adam Morales
Adam Morales

Attached: isle-of-dogs-review.jpg (31 KB, 895x131)

Sebastian James
Sebastian James

the fuck do they want?
In this case he wants to act terminally offended and write self-righteous film reviews. He draws his salary from it.

Brody Clark
Brody Clark

Because pitchfork has gone all in on that juicy clickbait money.

Kayden Harris
Kayden Harris

Attached: file.png (56 KB, 750x233)

Robert Reed
Robert Reed

man that guy is such a massive faggot. His music is so over rated and he has shit opinions on everything i've ever read from him

Dominic Myers
Dominic Myers

Remember Wes, it's TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN. Repeat after me: If it ain't white, it ain't right.

Dylan Smith
Dylan Smith

problematic

what the fuck

Jacob Jackson
Jacob Jackson

ASIAN NIGGAS

David Wood
David Wood

Basic bitch 2.5 gpa gender studies major.
The soyest of boys.
Who would have thought????

Luke Howard
Luke Howard

it's one of those words that makes you tune out

Carter James
Carter James

It's millennial for "I'm too retarted to make an argument so I'm going to call this thing that hurt my feelings 'icky' in hopes that someone makes my argument for me."

Nolan Moore
Nolan Moore

retarted
maybe you should try reading his full argument

Attached: baby.jpg (115 KB, 1303x1300)

Asher Lewis
Asher Lewis

something something cultural bullshit
what did these people say when they saw Kubo?

Attached: 1449513679800.jpg (56 KB, 450x450)

Mason Lewis
Mason Lewis

The thing that pisses me off about this is that it's a demand that all art be not offensive. They only want hugbox entertainment that validates their own 'praise diversity but live in a gated community' worldview

Gabriel Reyes
Gabriel Reyes

search engines are your friend
latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-kubo-two-strings-review-20160815-snap-story.html

Camden Garcia
Camden Garcia

Only if you are white.

Jayden Gray
Jayden Gray

I was quoting them, tard.

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

Why are the dogs bigger than chinko?

Logan Ortiz
Logan Ortiz

I don't think you know what the word quote means. Perhaps you mean "mock".

James Kelly
James Kelly

Nope, that's a direct quote of what they really mean when they say "problematic". I saw it in the Dictionary of Dull-Ass Woke Millennial Buzzwords. It's real. I've seen it.

Alexander Mitchell
Alexander Mitchell

But where is the only review that matters?

Connor Morris
Connor Morris

Oh but I don't think he reviews movies, only fast food and frozen stuff.

Logan Sullivan
Logan Sullivan

Realistic scale. Based anderson

Chase Cook
Chase Cook

It’s in Anderson’s handling of the story’s humans that his sensitivity falters
Wow good thing I don't go to the movies bc I'm invested in the sensitivity of the director

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

Goddammit. I just started listening to this dude's music and enjoying it and he's gotta go and say some shit like this

Attached: 1518425804303s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)

Jaxson Fisher
Jaxson Fisher

He looks like he posts on /r/asianmasculinity

Oliver Morris
Oliver Morris

unironically my second favorite movie reviewer, behind only Armond White.

Benjamin Morris
Benjamin Morris

problematic
This has become a compliment nowadays, along with "controversial", "insensitive", "sexist" and all the other classics.

David Richardson
David Richardson

What the fuck is wrong with these people?!?!? What's the fucking point? Do they really believe this fucking shit?! Even though they're all giving it positive reviews, they still mention this idiotic bullshit, and *this* doesn't movie deserve it. This is what insanity looks like.

There's a lot here to potentially enjoy but only if the culture clash is something you can put in the back of your mind. - Leigh Monson, Birth.Movies.Death.

even with some questionable decisions regarding cultural translation... - Chris Vognar, Dallas Morning News

"Isle of Dogs" is a visual bento box assembled by a gifted dilettante, an outsider who loves the art of a place but seems much less interested in its meaning to the people and culture that created it. - Ty Burr, Boston Globe

the most vexing thing is that nobody saw challenges of glib Western theft coming. - Jonathan Dean, GQ Magazine [UK]

Isle of Dogs is a beautiful film from a white, male perspective. - Anna Greer, Bust Magazine

This is a film where a character is literally whitewashed, an act that makes him more agreeable afterwards. Isle of Dogs treats this as a sight gag. It plays more like a confession. - Odie Henderson, RogerEbert.com

Isle of Dogs is profoundly lost in approach, not just in translation. - Leonardo Faierman, Black Girl Nerds

Isle of Dogs's invocations of corruption and militarism should leave a sour taste in the mouth of anyone unable to abandon the thought of the world outside of the film's perimeters. - Steve Macfarlane, Slant Magazine

Justin Allen
Justin Allen

you really can't win. writers are expected to be inclusive, but it's understood they're unable to actually write those other types of characters well. so they get shit on either way. best to just stick to what you know and do it well.

Jordan Ramirez
Jordan Ramirez

enjoying Car Seat Headrest
How long have you known you're gay?

Liam Torres
Liam Torres

After reading this insecurity-ridden "review" and seeing other complaints, I still don't understand what people's problem with the film is. No one has really said what's in the film that is so detestable

Mason Morris
Mason Morris

It's Wes Anderson, you already know whether you're going to like it or not before watching it.

Chase Morris
Chase Morris

nationalreview.com/2018/03/movie-reviews-isle-of-dogs-ismaels-ghosts-isolationist-dreams/

Jackson Morris
Jackson Morris

Black Girl Nerds
Slant Magazine

Attached: 1522198951103.png (39 KB, 189x214)

Dylan Ross
Dylan Ross

I love Wes but didn't like this one, what now faggot

Parker Campbell
Parker Campbell

I get that, but all these reviews seem to be saying a whole lot of nothing. I want to know what they are actually saying is so "problematic." I intend on seeing the movie bc it looks good. I just want to know what everyone is crying about

Eli Bennett
Eli Bennett

Have you ever talked to a person like that before? No matter the subject, they'll find a way to give you their moral upstanding opinion on social issues you don't care about and were never even mentioned.

Josiah Torres
Josiah Torres

They literally have nothing to complain about beyond
cultural appropriation
stuff.

Nolan Thompson
Nolan Thompson

Having japanese people in your movie is cultural appropriation?

Wyatt Edwards
Wyatt Edwards

When you're a white, straight man and include japanese history in your movies, yes.

Ryder Morales
Ryder Morales

It's the impotent wailing of the social justice militia - the movie reduces Japanese culture to kabuki, haiku, Kurosawa, etc, all things that Japanese people are proud of and love to see represented.

Justin Hall
Justin Hall

Who cares what race the creator is as long as it's a good film and as long as said culture is portrayed well then there's nothing wrong with that. If an Asian dude makes a movie set in Medieval France and does a really good job portraying it then all the better for him.

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

Who cares about the race of the creator as long as his ideas and values are in the right place

woah woah sonny jim what year do you think it is?

William Sanchez
William Sanchez

he's got Brock genetics

Carter Roberts
Carter Roberts

You don't understand. They don't need a good reason, the whole point is their "struggle". They need "problematic" things to exist to justify their miserable existance.

Aaron Sanchez
Aaron Sanchez

Does this white American filmmaker's highly selective, idiosyncratic rendering of an East Asian society constitute a sincere act of homage, or a clueless failure of sensitivity?

White Privilege is being unable to make any movies not about white people in white countries and also having people constantly screaming for you to get replaced so people can make movies about other races from other countries

Grayson Wilson
Grayson Wilson

not everything is about drumpf

Luke Phillips
Luke Phillips

Attached: thinking.gif (469 KB, 512x807)

Evan Bailey
Evan Bailey

(((Chang)))

James Sanders
James Sanders

Essentially their criticism is, it’s a film made by a white male about somewhere foreign. Meanwhile, the Japanese make loads of animes based in foreign countries. That’s ok though. As long you aren’t white, you can do what the fuck you want with your artistic vision.

Dylan Mitchell
Dylan Mitchell

Where was all this whining over Big Hero 6, or Coco? The characters in Coco are fucking grotesque caricatures; they animated the grandma's upper arm flab, for fuck's sake

Nathaniel Parker
Nathaniel Parker

Really makes you think huh

Cameron Adams
Cameron Adams

If there is a reason to cherish this often captivating, sometimes irritating, unavoidably perplexing movie, it's that its mere existence seems to defy rational explanation. It is by turns savage and soulful, mangy and refined, possessed of an unmistakable pedigree and yet boldly resistant to categorization.

Jacob Stewart
Jacob Stewart

Underneath the Black Girl Nerds review at their actual website, above the comments section, is the statement "BGN encourages civil, engaged conversation. We reserve the right to remove comments and ban users who engage in disrespectful behavior to the writers as well as the BGN Community."

There are no comments posted.
Also: >Leonardo Faierman is the senior film editor at Black Girl Nerds. Born in Buenos Aires, raised in Queens, Bar Mitzvah'd at Young Israel.

Aiden Fisher
Aiden Fisher

Where was all this whining over Big Hero 6
Because the white males in the movie were the fucking villain and comedy relief rich stoner kid

Where the fuck have /you/ been?
Though, in your defense, I have yet to see Coco so I have nothing to say about that.

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

Leonardo Faierman is the senior film editor at Black Girl Nerds. Born in Buenos Aires, raised in Queens, Bar Mitzvah'd at Young Israel.
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
___ IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Dylan Ortiz
Dylan Ortiz

Holy shit lmao

Parker Gomez
Parker Gomez

You forgot the part where you can't make movies about white people/history either. The only acceptable form of culture is one creates for, by, and starring nonwhites. TLDR wh*tey needs to stop existing already.

Andrew Wright
Andrew Wright

The criticism of this movie mirrors exactly the kind of garbage I have to read about The Mikado every time there's a new production. For some reason these reviewers are convinced that any fanciful Japanese comedy setting, no matter how innocently portrayed and well-intentioned, is a horrible slight against Japan. Wes Anderson probably bent over backwards not to offend and he still gets this criticism because no good deed goes unpunished.

Jace Perez
Jace Perez

I live in Japan (inb4 weeb) and they literally don’t care anyway. Their happy to see their culture being promoted. SJWs getting offended on other cultures behalves is pathetic and racist in itself.

Jack Gonzalez
Jack Gonzalez

Wow. I didn’t know they still made films that sexist. Do not take your kids to see Isle of Dogs unless you want them to learn the world is 90% male; that men are there to lead; & women there to be SEXY. JFC.

UH OH, TOO MANY MALES GUYS.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-10.54.44-PM.png (103 KB, 1222x342)

Jonathan Edwards
Jonathan Edwards

Thanks Scott for defending the oppressed Japanese

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-10.57.52-PM.png (84 KB, 1230x276)

Michael Fisher
Michael Fisher

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-10.58.46-PM.png (148 KB, 1214x634)

Oliver Bailey
Oliver Bailey

a film about dogs
ugh the patriarchy is at it again

Burn the world, the next generation doesn’t deserve it

Hudson Davis
Hudson Davis

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-11.02.07-PM.png (378 KB, 1272x1436)

Landon Carter
Landon Carter

Why do Asian Americans think there’s some pan-Asian culture? Why do they think they’re more important? And Jen Yamato is a nutter.

Logan Carter
Logan Carter

This is funny because Japanese people love Avril

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-29-at-11.06.43-PM.png (91 KB, 1224x404)

Tyler Russell
Tyler Russell

I see this with a lot of people on whose behalf journalists write these articles. Many of them aren't aware of the movie being pilloried and the ones that are don't care or find it kinda funny. When I went through my weeb phase some years ago, I cracked up every time some over-the-top American showed up to shout random gibberish. It's just good fun!

Jaxson Hernandez
Jaxson Hernandez

weeb

Elijah Diaz
Elijah Diaz

Try telling Chinese or Koreans they are the same.

Bentley Brown
Bentley Brown

its funny because its true. asian americans know probably less about japan as say, some random french guy with a jap fetish.
you're americans. your skin colour isnt sufficient grounds to talk about shit you know nothing about

Eli Cox
Eli Cox

Exactly. Most Asian Americans have very little idea about Asia. They’ve probably never set foot there. But whitey is always wrong regardless.

Jose Moore
Jose Moore

dios mio...

Colton Hill
Colton Hill

Chink equivalent to

MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS 1/8TH IRISH, PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE IRA, GOD I LOVE GUINNESS

Why are Americans so obsessed with muh heritage?

Thomas Barnes
Thomas Barnes

I hate Wes but love this movie.

Attached: 1499136200032.png (708 KB, 640x640)

Julian Gomez
Julian Gomez

Justin Chan
Nicole Zhu
those are Chinese surnames, what the fuck do they care about a film set in Japan

Oliver Morris
Oliver Morris

muh Asian American identity
Which is basically nothing. Say what you will about black Americans, but they at least built a culture. AAs have nothing.

James Cook
James Cook

Haha yes, take that American capitalist dogs

Jose Baker
Jose Baker

hating on the Great Wall
a film shot, produced, cast, and written inside China
a movie where the Chinks wanted Matt Damon as an MC just to get extra credibility
Gah why are these people so fucking retarded. I get it's hard to get a job with a major in sociology but don't make it suck for the rest of us.

James Clark
James Clark

i ain't clicking that shit nigga
i don't think wes gives two shits about politics

Cooper Gonzalez
Cooper Gonzalez

actually only the director, the cinematographers, most of the cast and part of the crew were chinese.
the movie was a US/China co-production with the involvement of many hollywood guys.
Still retarded to bitch about that tho.

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

What a time to be alive. Reviewers don't talk about movies, they talk about cultural appropriation in a japanese oriented plot film directed by a privileged cis male. I'm so tired of this shit. I wonder how many japanese movies these people has watched and how they cope with the fact that japanese cinema never has any problem with cultural appropriation. Kurosawa for example was highly influenced by western cinema and literature.

Cooper Gutierrez
Cooper Gutierrez

why are libshits so joyless and anti-freedom? have they ever heard of artistic license? this is a goddamn fiction motion picture, an auteur can do whatever the fuck he wants. i swear a god if i ever become a billionaire i will bankroll a blockbuster trilogy of blackface kino.

Attached: 1445121585266.png (235 KB, 672x305)

Adrian Gomez
Adrian Gomez

US/China co-production with the involvement of many hollywood guys.
Ah my bad, shouldn't have spoken too soon, it seemed like a Chinese only thing because I didn't see it advertised a lot in the West.

Luis Gutierrez
Luis Gutierrez

They don't care about the appropriation stuff. They didn't care about GitS either

Evan Butler
Evan Butler

The dogs, for their part, all speak clear American English, which is ridiculous, charming and a little revealing. You can understand why a writer as distinctive as Anderson wouldn't want his droll way with the English language to get lost in translation. But all these coy linguistic layers amount to their own form of marginalization, effectively reducing the hapless, unsuspecting people of Megasaki to foreigners in their own city.

Oh for fuck sake

Zachary Powell
Zachary Powell

what does JFC mean?

Carter Baker
Carter Baker

jew face cunt

David Allen
David Allen

Not a single fucking issue when he did the same thing with English culture in Fox

Luis Rogers
Luis Rogers

la creatura....

Benjamin Harris
Benjamin Harris

libturds don't even review movies, they go out of the way looking the ways to be offended, their rotten brains are literally wired that way. i wish there was a viurs that violently murders all leftists.

Christian Thompson
Christian Thompson

It is funny how they rag on Wes Anderson while simultaneously disenfranchising all of the Japanese that actually worked on the film and script.

Owen Bennett
Owen Bennett

Japan Fried Chicken

Jack Davis
Jack Davis

more like "Justed" Chang, right bros?

Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez

jesus fucking christ
they get offended by anything but they have no problem with offending christians

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

self hating
overly sensitive
no sense of humour
These Asians remind me of another group....

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

Hahahahahaha

Caleb Harris
Caleb Harris

235 KB PNG
why are libshits so joyless and anti-freedom?
They're a bunch of misreble cunts who have to make sure to be offended by everything. They also have to make sure everyone else is is joyless and misreble as they are. Fuck them.

Christian Ortiz
Christian Ortiz

Filipinos have the nutshack.

Parker Garcia
Parker Garcia

It's literally ALWAYS Asian-Americans.

Lincoln Jones
Lincoln Jones

You can disassociate the music from the maker. Will is insufferable but the music is good.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit