Why did Chigurh want to murder the gas station guy?

Why did Chigurh want to murder the gas station guy?

Attached: IMG_6406.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZY3HlQNhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why not?

heh, nothin personnel kid

Name a movie featuring better hair in the 21st century, you have 82 years

He was slightly mentally ill.

y'all gettin any dubs up your way?

Because he’s a psychopath, did you even watch the movie

what way would that be?

Are psychopaths irrational? Because there's no rational reason to murder anybody.

i seen you got some singles.

And what business is it of yours, what I rolled?

because the old man running the gas station was just cattle, going through the motions of everyday life and not really living in anton's eyes. anton tested him and scared him on purpose with the outcome either being the guy's death or in anton's mind, possibly being scared into actually living his life with some sorta renewed sense of meaning if he lived through the coin toss. it kinda reminds me of the scene from fight club where the young man running the 24 hour store is held at gunpoint and told to change his life or he'll be dead, just taken to the extreme that there's an actual threat.

just checkin your digits, didnt mean nothin..

There's something strangely playful about him in this scene. His comments about him marrying into it, "friendo", him winning the coin. It was almost like he was making an attempt at conversation but his only motive was through intimidation and threat.

THE MAN NOTICED HIS LICENSE PLATE.
In the event of a loose end arising, Chigurh's code of ethics dictated that he must use his coin to give the man a "fair" chance.

he had a crush on gas station gramps and was frustrated once he found out he married into it

>dude let the coin decide your fate lmao

This guy was a direct ripoff of two face from batman

God most of you are idiots. THE GUY SAW HIS PLATE, and commented on it. He felt he had to eliminate him because of that, the rest of the scene is him giving him a chance to escape that fate.

but why would he feel the need to murder him?

Guy saw his plate friendo

HE SAW THE LICENSE PLATE OF THE CAR ANTON WAS DRIVING. He not only saw the car but commented on it. this means that the man had made an episodic memory of the event which revolved around the plate. If questioned the man would certainly be able to identity the plate number. Anton's toying with the man was more to move the man's memory from the plate to the odd conversation so the man might have a hazier memory about the plate if questioned. For this reason Chiguhr intimidated the man before flipping the coin. We remember the more outrageous instances in life better. A man threatening you and making you call a coin is far more memorable than a license plate.

License plates aside, can we tackle the truly important questions of this film?

Yeah I dunno. Maybe because he had just MURDERED A COP, escaped a police station, and MURDERED the guy who owned that car that the friendo just commented on the plate of and even asked how the weather was where he was driving from, so when the guy gets questioned once the huge cop-killer manhunt gets underway he can say "Why sure fellas, I remember that guy".

why would you commit murder over that though

He killed the accountant over a tracking device.

You are just trolling now or retarded. He had just killed a cop.

lol psuedo-intellectual neckbeards obsess over this film and get so heated when you question it

>slightly
Kek

How can you watch that scene, when he explains it all for you, and then reinforces it later?

He makes the guy choose, because then his death is because of fate, and Sugar was just the tool of fate. He's removing guilt from the killing, because that's how his psychopath mind rationalizes it. That's why Woody comments about his principles. He's constructed a code of ethics that removes guilt from killing, and just blames it on fate. The coin traveled the gas station man's whole life to that point, and Sugar is just the guy who flips it. He's removed himself from the whole thing, even though the only reason he constructs the rationalization is his need to kill the guy. That's why he flips the coin for the wife - she's innocent, but he's gotta kill her because he's killing anyone connected to the entire thing - so he flips a coin.

The movie spells it all out for you. The plate didn't mean shit, the dude kills people in broad daylight. He doesn't give a fuck about getting caught, he kills cops without even thinking about it. He just has bizarre principles based on his idea of fate and his role in fate. Because he's shithouse rat crazy.

lol

2deep4me

Hate to correct you m8, but when Chighur kills an actually innocent person, or at least what he perceives to be an innocent, he uses the bolt gun. He kills with the bolt gun as he moves through the town as a force of nature, much like death, indiscriminately killing all in his way. When tending to those who are not just innocent bystanders caught in the cross fire Chighur leaves it up to fate.

wouldn't someone so retarded be locked up in an insane asylum well before he could even do all the killing and shit? surely he must have murdered people before the plot of the movie

I want a sitcom following him in his everyday life with no focus at all on his hitman activities, like him going to Macdonald's or waiting for the bus.

NANI?

''Tomorrow will be the greatest day in Russel. K. Hessel's life.''

1. You don't value any life / your moral code doesn't get in the way
2. You don't fear repercussions
3. You have a personal pet-theory/project that you like to test and have fun

I don't know why but I want this too.

1 and 2 are clearly outside the bounds of rationality. Have you studied formal logic? Copi and Cohen ring a bell? Fag?

Implying the information that at some time Anton filled his car in a random gas station would help the police in any way

he is pro-choice

Wtf? Of course there are rational reasons to kill somebody.

His modus leaves the option of a 'live' coin toss open though. And he doesn't give the coin flip in every one of his victims

Now that's an earnest and sensible reply

You are an idiot mate. The user commented that killing doesn't make sense. I replied that under certain conditions it does.

Well, the retard user whose top (number one [1]) reason of not valuing any life clearly is not compatible with rationality by any definition of rationality. That's not even arguable. That's a solid fact. It's not possible to dispute what has been said here today. "Hurr I don't value life Im da joka baby" is not an example of rationality.

Roll it...

tv plebs missing the entire point of the movie
(as usual)
the entire scene pivoted on how satisfying the PLANTERS ROASTED PEANUTS were
> the salted goodness calmed a savage killer

Attached: 1499715308539.jpg (437x437, 20K)

Disregard this i get what you where trying to say. You dilute a Sup Forums post. You reference a book on formal logic.
You are autistic and insecure but you probably already know that

because he cut his hair

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZY3HlQNhg

Fuck you
Fuck Batman
Fuck two face
Fuck superheroes flicks
Fuck Drumpf

How can a psychopath feel something like guilt and regret? Hmmm? Unless Anton isn’t a psychopath but a...

he didn't like the beatles

Demogorgon

>is not compatible with rationality by any definition of rationality
Sure it is, look at it in an informal setting:
excuse me, do you know what time is it?
>yes
>...

Why do hipsters like the Coen brothers? Nothing ever happens in their films. They dull everything down to the it stops moving.

Alright... Dubs then

Get a load of this pleb. What, were there not enough explosions for you?

Most unfortunate

I'm enjoying this discussion

What did you mean by this?

We don't list the county on the license plate in Texas, and didn't back in 1980.

t. Texas fag

Attached: AMERICA!!.jpg (750x563, 69K)

*flips a coin*
call it

(odds=heads, evens=tails)

oh boy

>Are psychopaths irrational?
Movie/TV psychopaths usually have their own rationale and are able to articulate their way of thinking to a point where it usually makes some kind of sense.
In real life Psychopaths are pretty much how Sup Forums would describe a black person.

Tails never fails!

Really?

The concept alone made me laugh out loud.

(evens = heads, odds = tails)
heads