Kino. Really wasn't expecting that. Thoughts? Probably the best movie I saw from '17

Kino. Really wasn't expecting that. Thoughts? Probably the best movie I saw from '17.

Attached: 636536770431376746optimized-xc2m.jpg (300x444, 26K)

pretty well made but boring. Extremely forgettable. No insights about his character, minimal suspense

It was pretty great. I wish they would make a second part about the rest of his life.

that would just be a shitty fake snuff film desu
also >instant NC-17

This movie taught me
>act like a complete spazz
>receive friends

>No insights about his character
Some things don't really have 'insights' though. Some people are just born freaks. There's no real reason or cause why he wanted to see what inside of creatures looked like, he was just fucked up, which is why scientists wanted to examine his brain when he was dead (don't know if they ever got the chance to).

I thought it was amazing. I was expecting some Stephen King's It (2017) tier crap but it turned about to be brilliant. It was both unsettling and depressing as hell. Great movie.

>don't know if they ever got the chance to
They didnt, the father got it cremated

is this an austin and ally spinoff

They weren't really his friends.

what was it about the '70s and '80s that produced so many fucked up serial killers in amurka?

cant wait for mindhunter season 2, maybe we'll get dahmer there

Attached: 62e9fc6c29bba8c78810da8a8e8c65cc656f02de.jpg (1024x576, 40K)

I think the number of psychos running around is basically the same, just forensics and police work improved to the point that theyre going to catch you after the first kill or two, thus ending the serial killer phenomenon.

I kinda miss it t b h

Crimes were carried out at a much higher frequency back then, particularly in cities, so I think it's likely that most police forces were spread too thin. That, combined with weaker forensics and the lack of real internet made it a lot easier for killers to get away with murder and then disappear.

There are obviously still serial killers today, but most of them just target the homeless, or spread their murders out far enough so that they're never connected. I'm sure there are probably a decent amount of wealthy people who do it, as they'd have the means to pick victims in various parts of the country so that it never follows them back to where they actually reside.

I think the media just doesnt cover it as often.

Israel Keyes

Attached: a6bab0bddf71faa19a286510105950e0--american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg (421x407, 23K)

When you think about it, mass shootings increased as serial killings decreased. Makes sense, as someone with sociopathy who decides to kill people will most likely come to the realization that it's nearly impossible to do multiple times and get away with. So better to plan the "perfect massacre" and carry that out instead.

Interesting read,ty

Being a serial killer was school shooting for boomers. Also lead fuel fucking makes you go insane, and people back then were really into motor vehicles.

You can still prey on prostitutes, homeless or other vulnerable populations. Police usually don't go out of their way to investigate missing "degenerates", if they get reported missing at all.

Drifting truckers are probably killing the most people.

That scene near the end with his mate dropping him home in the car was pretty fucking intense man

There's still tons of people missing each year.
Chances are the serial killers that are stil around are simply better organized than the ones they busted.