You should be able to solve this

You should be able to solve this

Attached: Good Will Hunting.png (1280x688, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJxBkE9d-TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Equals 2

Uhh...uhhh...uhhhh...carry the one....uhhh...uhhhh

Is that a legit math problem or is it movie mumbo jumbo?

Will Hunting's ideology most closely matches the notorious Alt Right, in 2018

>Will "K.E.K" Hunting:

>Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm workin' at the N.S.A. and somebody puts a code on my desk, somethin' no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it, maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. And once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels are hidin'. Fifteen hundred people that I never met, I never had no problem with, get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', 'Oh, send in the Marines to secure the area,' 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called 'cause they were out pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie over there takin' shrapnel in the ass. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks.
Meanwhile he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helpin' my buddy at two-fifty a gallon.

google shows walks are a real thing, which is basically a random path generator. that's about as far as i was able to comprehend.

That honestly sounds like a bernie bro

idk if this is the graph problem in the movie, maybe Photoshop.

but the movie had a graph problem, and it was just ivy league, maybe senior level math. which is exactly the level it should be, since that was what the movie was about. it was a bonus quiz for students . thats what makes this movie good imo, since they are not overplaying the genius level. it was just surprising that a janitor could do it. but it was never a big deal. only the one professor that started to idealize the abilities of the janitor and started doing research with him . no other professors/teachers seems to care, they didnt get any papers or research out of their cooperation. its pretty down to earth realistic "genius" story

False. The problem in the movie was highly complex made for graduate students. Took many years for the problem to be solved by professional mathematicians as stated in the movie. The movie was meant to portray Will Hunting's genius as towering.

except the robin williams part. 'it's okay" or whatever, that grated on me, they wrote themselves into a corner

Unironic brap kino.

It's a real problem, but it's a standard intro to graph theory textbook problem, nothing that will get MIT faculty panties wet.

Its called Tree theory. Look it up.

>Tree theory

Attached: 1519920455208.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Well I'm not a raging autistic faggot so I can't. Fuck you I don't come to Sup Forums to do your homework, fucking queer

Makes me wonder why no one bothered that a professor was spending so much time with a janitor instead of focusing on his actual students.

At my university pretty much every professor has a janitor they're fucking it's actually a common thing bro

>I'm not a raging autistic faggot
i find this hard to believe, because you type like a raging autistic faggot and your shit is all retarded

Fuck you nigger your the retard

Attached: 1165474725065.jpg (274x402, 30K)

It's a real problem.

The adjacency matrix is just a matrix that relates the edges and vertices via linear algebra. It's also associated with the Laplacian matrix, since L = diag - A = E*E^T, where E is the incidence matrix. Adjacency matrices are typically for undirected graphs; you'd use the incidence matrix for directed graphs.

Everything else is standard introductory stuff from a graph theory textbook. Another poster mentioned it.

t. PhD in Math, now working in engineering.

Yes, I'm Humblebragging. I never get to brag to anyone since I'm an autist. Sue me.

you are falling for the lying narrator kind of thing. the problem is not graduate level. its not that hard. there are videos on this on youtube.

the professor is just over-exaggerating. why should you believe him. dont you think that some professors would tell how hard a problem was just to motivate the students to work harder. its not that uncommon to dramatize like that, its a sign of a good teacher really

like i could write up Monty hall problem on a blackboard and tell students it took mathematician years to prove. which is true. but any freshman can do it now

This. Us MAGAPEDES will gladly go die for Israel and the God Emperor in some sandy shithole!

go the fuck back to redit if you want to brag about literally nothing, and don't pretend you don't post there on the regular

It's a triangle AND a circle.

Attached: 1519104113457.gif (555x278, 1.93M)

That's a lot of technical talk, I feel like you're making it harder that it is and are using techincal jargon instead of really explaining what those things are. That's a mathematician, for ya.

0 1 0 1
1 0 1 1
0 1 0 0
1 1 0 0

why are there two edges between 2 and 3 if it's an undirected graph?

Occasionally fixing the Frymaster isn't "working in engineering".

That wasn’t humble though, just regular bragging. You’re pretty retarded

its a loop

Good Will Smith when?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>Humblebragging
you have to go back >>>/reddit/

wow you really rekt him there, post of a true brainlet. regards /sci/

So you wanna make out? I love smart guys.

I told my dad he was like the professor in the movie. He immediately said "Robin Williams"? But I said no, Lambeau.

best Matt Damon?

Attached: The-Talented-Mr.-Ripley-e1354598725612.jpg (640x384, 73K)

Is that some kind of foreign language?

Attached: angry-black-man2.jpg (538x362, 14K)

I liked you until you posted that last line.
Also nice spacing

The 'Mozart just 'got it',' part grated me. Mozart was a prodigy, but his entire life was also spent from childhood onwards playing, writing and performing music. He--and Beethoven afterwards--were literally intentionally put on the path of musical greatness from an early age. He had a shit down of practice underneath his belt before he started composing the music he would become known for.

Your part nagged me, too; still, they're two small complaints in an otherwise good movie.