Why are tracking shots so fucking shit most of the time?

Why are tracking shots so fucking shit most of the time?

Tracking shots = meme shots

Attached: 1522165590326.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Sr-vxVaY_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MOM I POSTED IT AGANI

more like tracking shit

You're wrong. Sorry.

>I d-did it a-again, h-hah oh god I'm cuming... reddit is gonna LOVE this h-h-hah!!! hey g-guys on raid discords, I p-posted it again.. c-c-an I get a role promotion n-now? No? I gotta keep doing it for months? O-OK, better move the router closer to my cheetos....

i've always founds innaritu's camera movements rather jarring but his films are well crafted and require a lot of coordination. kudos to him. children of men has much better tracking shots tb h

probably because children of men has some of the best ever

>jarring
i meant awkward

yes i agree, if not the best tracking shots ever made
>that ending sequence
i explode in my pants everytime

no 360 rotating shots are absolute fucking garbage and anything that uses it extensively (see any capeshit show) fails to make things look dramatic or intense.

Not as bad as that stupid track and zoom shot that they do in a lot of action movies these days

Okay
>Sup Forums hates tracking shots
>Sup Forums hates quick cuts
>Sup Forums hates long takes
Top keks.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Sr-vxVaY_M

LOOK MOM, I'M CINEMATOGRAPHYING

what horrible b8

if you want to see it done properly, watch children of men

>true detective season 1
>birdman
>it's always sunny

Well clearly it's atleast a decent bait since you replied to it

it's pretty shit bait if you know its bait

thats the actual point of bait

Attached: 1430170321900.webm (720x312, 1.89M)

Those are all bad examples.

That whole sequence in TD is built upon the idea of "let's make a "cool epic" handheld tracking shot for the finale of this storyline. That amount of gimmickery removes any focus on the character of Rust because the cinematographer pulls all attention to his camerawork, which should never be done.
Every single time the camera pans through an empty wall in the apartments to show something else would be improved if it was replaced with a simple back to back cut. And all fade to blacks or fast pans to hide the cuts only make it even more obnoxious.
It's entirely screaming "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT THE CAMERAWORK, DO YOU SEE THIS" while the scene would benefit greatly with a few basic cuts which are in that sequence just filled with countless panning shots of doorways and empty walls just so it remains an "epic" long shot.

Similar things happen in both Birdman or The Revenant. Long takes can be great when used in a few select scenes to emphasize those parts (like in Children of Men) where you don't even notice that they are long takes, but using it in almost every single scene just removes any effect or impact it had and made all those scenes on the same level of dynamics no matter what's happening.
With that many uses of long takes and handheld shots you become too aware of the camera and the camera operating, every pan becomes a crutch which could just be replaced with a simple cut. Yes a long take can provide more tension if used at the right places, but using it in so many scenes no matter of context removes it's effect completely.

LMAO

Attached: 1451533339528.webm (940x392, 3M)

Attached: 1440120851330.webm (1280x534, 2.52M)

i fucking love this shot

I dont think that the zoom is a problem here

Attached: hmmm.jpg (1280x850, 710K)

HAHHAAA THEY MADE THE SHOT BOTH THEMATICALLY AND AESTHETICALLY FIT THE NARRATIVE OF THE FILM HAHAH LMAO IT EVEN LOOKS GREAT COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

That whole True Detective episode was horrible unneeded filler too. Tv here hailed it as a monumental achievement.

DAS RIGHT

Sup Forums understand the true kino is flat lighting, 30fps, soap opera cinematography

Attached: Young and the Restless spoilers August 21-25, 2017.png (560x312, 226K)

This looks good what are you smoking

sorry, but Sup Forums understands that cheap effects are cheap

And recently the biggest meme gimmick that is 60fps is here hailed as the next best thing lmao

>30fps
not 60fps for that stage performance feel, step your game up

why not 120 fps?

See

It's one uninterrupted take.

To elaborate, there were points where they could have edited in cuts, but they trashed that idea when they got the single take.

Except it's rarely planned. Long takes and uninterruptible takes are rarely actually planned to be done but are used when a shot worked because the characters nailed X or Y. Normally there will be multiple cameras doing different shit and they'll then edit it together OR they'll split up the scene. A single long take does not have to be used is what I'm saying, even if it's shot in one long take, it can be split up or edited. But if it went well, why would you?

Remember that John Woo (I think? Or was it Jet Li?) action scene where he goes up the stairs and it's like a 5 min long action sequence with no stops. That was impressive because it could have gone wrong.

Sup Forums knows jack shit about film

we kino only nigger