Now that the dust has settled, was Season 3 worse than 1 & 2?

Now that the dust has settled, was Season 3 worse than 1 & 2?

It was less funny. And funny's really the only thing Rick and Morty has going for it. I mean the setting flavor is interesting but it's just set dressing.

no

No it was better.
It had better writing, less plot holes and actually did have funnier content.
INB4 WOMEN WROTE IT!!!!!!!!!
Not an argument and for once it didn't bear any relevance on the quality of an episode.
People are still gonna complain about it though just as much as people will praise it. Such is the nature of anything here. It wasn't perfect and it wasn't horrible, but I enjoyed it

I feel like season 3 was worse. But i don't blame the female writers.
There is just nothing to tell anymore
I mean whats next? Another wubba lub dub? Another Dimension where humans are, i don't know...ducks?Another the government is evil episode?

Yup

Less funny, worst characterization, worst lore, and pandering to fanbase

Really disappointed and it spells disaster for the future of the show. If the 4th season isn't redeeming the show is officially dead then

>don't pick on chick writers, guys
Please. Season 3 sucked because Harmon sucks and Roiland got tired of Rick and Morty. And he's 99% about shock humor that stopped being shocking anymore, anyway.

>If you're upset that Harmon hired writers because of their gender and nothing else, then that makes you sexist

The writing was 77% as good as the previous seasons.

Season 1 was better overall.
Season 3 had higher highs and lower lows than season 2.

Season 3 was very good. Comparison is pointless. Either enjoy it, or move on.

Episodes 1, 6, and were good and the rest were mediocre to absolute garbage.

plus only three episodes had women writers (though, outside of Jessica Gao, they were also the season's story editors)

Anyone harping on the female writers is retarded. The show is still firmly under the direction of Harman and Roiland.

Seasons one and two had more than its share of shitty episodes.

Season one's pilot, "Lawnmower Dog", "Rick Potion #9", and "Raising Gazorpazorp" had glaring faults and little character development

Season two's "Auto Erotic Assimilation", "Get Schwifty", "The Ricks Must Be Crazy", "Big Trouble in Little Sanchez", "Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate", and "Look Who's Purging Now" were all marginal episodes.

Season three far outshined season 2, though "Auto Erotic Assimilation" was the best of the worst, and all of season three's episodes surpassed it.

6 was awful, as was "Vindicators 3: The Return of Worldender". The rest were very good.

I consider The Rickshank Rickdemption to be the best episode in the whole series, but the rest of the season is varying levels of shit.
Pickle Rick, Vindicators 3, and ABC's of Beth are probably the lowest dips in quality the show has had.
I'm just hoping they will have learned from their mistakes for season 4.

It has occassional good and bad moments, but the ending of Season 3 has totally killed Rick and Morty for me. I don't think I could force myself to watch a Season 4 after that god awful ending.

>Lawnmower Dog
>Rick Potion #9
>The Ricks Must Be Crazy
>Worse than each of the Season 3 episodes
Did you even watch the show?

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking making that episode the season finale instead of Ricklantis.

Season 3 had the best episode of the show, the Ricklantis Mishap. As someone who watched all 3 seasons for the first time recently I can say that season 3 felt basically the same as the other 2, but had a couple of absolutely brilliant episodes. It also felt like it picked up momentum from episode 2 until the end of the season.

It felt like it spent a lot more time on Beth and Summer than in previous seasons, but that was because they were the least developed charachters in the show.

Gonna do a little experiment later on tonight, Morty. Now, if I'm right and I always am never forget that, I-BRRRRUUUUUPPP should be able to open a hole, a hole, Morty, in the time AAUGGH space continu-UKKK-um. That will propel the Earth back ONE WHOLE HOUR. None of these normal every schlubs are BRRP gonna notice the difference, but we both will.

Now, also remember that Science can be like A-UUGGH girlfriend where one moment she's nice and the next minute she's a Bitch from Hell. So, there's also slight chance, just a slight BRRRP chance Morty, that instead of a timejump, the Earth gets sucked, I mean REALLY sucked hard, into a Black Hole and everybody dies.

But, I'm willing to take that chance. Life is a random accident, nothing matters, and we're all going to die in one fashion or another.

So, hold onto your nutsack, cuz things are about to get all Doctor Who up in this PLAAAAAAAAACE!

I feel like new writers were not up to the standard quality of S1-2, and some old writers have burnt themselves out. I mean, there's like 5 good episodes out of 10 max, that's pretty bad

I enjoyed it more than 2 but less than 1

It was about as good as the previous seasons. Each season has been a mixed bag, and this one was no different.

I watched the 3 seasons in two days. Season 1 = 2 = 3 regading quality, 6/10 show.

I enjoyed S3 overall but I feel like they already loosened the shackles. Back in S1 Rick went out of his way to say "we can't do this dimension hopping more than a few times" no doubt in order to excuse why they have to deal with problems and its not an easy way out thus killing all tension, but they didn't really follow that and are turning Rick into a mary sue as far as powerlevels go.

I really hold they just chill a bit S4, they can do so much without disregarding the logic and world.

The interdimensional tv is the unfunniest thing
in the entire show, I dont get why they make
sush a fuze about it

All of my this.

As time goes by, I think people will look at it more as being on the same level as the other seasons.

The amount of hype S3 got going in would have been really hard for any show to live up to.

For normies, it lived up to the hype

S1 > S2 > S3
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Absolutely. It wasn't awful mind you but it's easily the worse of the three.

>"Lawnmower Dog"
>"Rick Potion #9"
>Bad
Fuck off my man.
I agree with season 2 having a lot of meh episodes but I felt season 3 went even more forward with the "meh".

It had some of my favorite episodes in the series and some of the worst imo. The fact that they've spend the entire series shitting on Jerry, only to have him come back to the family was pretty fucking useless. The "racist, beta male sexist" scene was fuckin cringy and obviously written by a woman.

this

Ditto

Are you kidding? They offer character growth and then immediately flush it down the toilet. Season 3 had some of the worst characterization in the entire series, plus it played up the whole "RICK IS SO COOL GUYS, LOOK!" which is the most insufferable content in the show, and completely to blame for the worst of the fanbase.

Why can't all of you fucks just accept a good thing!?
This show is something I've waited for for a long time.
With the exception of food, nothing else on this shitrock we call earth matters!

In my opinion, yes. It's not unwatchable by any means but it just felt boring. The family drama seemed to be too far injected within all the episodes - and the only episodes that real shined where the ones that focused on it very minimally or not at all. It definitely had a a handful of good episodes, but the bad episodes just seemed like such a chore to get through and overall I still felt like the "high" episodes from season 2 were better than the "high" episodes from season 3.

I'm trying to go in with a positive outlook for season 4. They tried something new this season, a lot of the writing staff was new so they go to get their feet wet with the characters this season so hopefully they'll be more comfortable next season. My hope is that we get a little bit more Morty next season. He felt like a fly on the wall, and I definitely feel like the show works best when you have a good Rick to Morty balance.

We all had too high of an expectation for season three due to the long ass wait.

In a way, it delivered. Each season became deeper, darker, and smarter. Perhaps too smart to be funny. I am okay with that as long as it works for the narrative.

What was extremely disappointing, imo, was the complete and utter sell out it became with the release of all of the funko-pop, pocket morty, and other shit that was released in order to make money.
That was what pissed me off.

how many times can they get away with shit like the OP pic until they're sued

I don't need to lower my standards to yours, nobody does.

>Perhaps too smart to be funny.

To be fair you already would have had to have a high IQ to understand the previous seasons of Rick and Morty as well

I know that... (nice meme reference)

There is a point where things get too deep, too introspective, and too nerdy that it is just too much in one sitting.

Season 3 was weird.

Only two episodes are great enough that I'd consider to be the very best this show has made yet - the premier and pic included. Pickle Rick (which was hyped up to retarded levels) was meh and the rest was entirely forgettable.

It's much more bipolar compared to season 1 or 2, a couple of the greatest episodes but falls short on the rest.