What if Superman was a pedo and every once in a while diddled a kid? Would the world just accept it...

What if Superman was a pedo and every once in a while diddled a kid? Would the world just accept it, seeing how he saves it every other week?

As soon as it leaked, we would get a huge "LUTHOR WAS RIGHT" surge.

Superman would still keep saving the world, but everyone would hate him regardless

Yes.

I mean, obviously he didn't but the world thought he did.

The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas

Why not? We already accept that kids get diddled by the powerful now.

You only get hunted down when you are old and weak.

If it was a secret that only a few people knew, they'd try to keep it covered up. Kids/families would probably be afraid to come forward.

If it were publicly known, people would boo at protest him whenever he showed up. They'd be rioting and rallying to get him arrested and brought to trial. The government would be scared shitless of trying to do anything though.

It would probably end up like the HUAC hearings in America vs. the Justice Society, with people demanding all superheroes publicly reveal their identities, and most choosing instead to retire.

Diddling kids is pretty much the worst thing you can do in terms of how people would react.

Depends if we're talking about touching actual kids or smashing a hot 17 year old.

He rapes, but he saves.

I don't know man, if some guy saved my life once a week and raped a random kid say once a year I'm pretty sure I'd accept it and simply pray that the next kid isn't mine.

if that guy can literally destroy the world but choose to save as many people he can i won't mind him if he has an underage harem or whatever

Could Superman convince congress to repeal America's unconstitutional age of consent laws?

No, the dc universe is overflowin with people who can savethe universe, so he isn't special enough to get away with being a pedo

Food for thought here, if the super hero was someone who had powers of where normal people couldn't ever obtain, and they were a huge help in stopping crime in areas with high crime rates, but they participated in illegal indulgements, governments would probably try to strike a deal with them. As in they'd allow them to indulge with it on a schedule as long as they fulfill their "saving the day" quota.

If the super hero did the same things but was someone who had powers of where a normal person could obtain (like Iron Man) governments would try to detain them and investigate their powers for national security use.

Couldn't they just build a little boy android to appease him?

Isn't this basically Garth Ennis' The Boys?

Speaking of which on Crazy Days and Nights someone was wondering if Ennis' X-Men parody in that book was a jab at Singer and Geffen.

I have never heard about that.

t. pedophile

And he saves, way more than he rapes!

You know there's tons of kids out there who'd just love to have sex with Superman.

If only he could do that to the villains.

Is this a states’ rights thing?