What are some “rare episodes” of shows you never seen aired on tv again?

I have never seen this episode of Fairy OddParents ever in my life and I’ve been watching the show for a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLCKJ8eAfUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I saw that episode like five times when it was on air.

I don't watch actual syndicated television anymore because all of my favorite cartoons no longer exist. As far as rare episodes go, I can't think of much

I remember that episode a few times when I was a kid, and others with an early animation style compared to later seasons.

It's like Nick wanted to forget the entire first season or so of Fairly OddParents existed, for whatever reason.

Do holiday specials count?

A lot of shows that have holiday episodes are really only aired during those two or so weeks

Hey Arnold has the Mr.Huynh and his missing daughter episode for example

i've seen both of those episodes multiple times

The South Park episode about censoring pictures of Muhammad and Tom Cruise stealing that power. And then the Super Best Friends episode because it had Muhammad in it.

I completely forgot about Spongebob's House Party. Too bad it wasn't very good as a pre-movie episode.

It seems that the episode of Spongebob, "The Paper", never EVER fucking aired when I was a kid. I've seen every episode of pre-movie SB so many times, except for that one.

The New York episode of The Simpsons was pulled from syndication for a long time because of the focus on the World Trade Center. I used to watch Simpsons every night and remember seeing it once or twice as a kid and then I never saw it for years until I finally got the DVD.

Also not Sup Forums related but I also used to watch Seinfeld in syndication every night and thought I had seen every episode until I got the series on DVD. Turns out season 9's The Puerto Rican Day Parade was aired once then pulled because Kramer accidentally burns and then stomps on a Puerto Rican Flag.

It's because it aired with the valentine's day one.

I saw pretty much every classic Spongebob episode except the one where Patrick, Squidward and Spongebob join the Flying Dutchman's Crew and first few minutes of Squirrel Jokes. They weren't necessarily rare I just never saw them. Never missed the Christmas episode but my friends always did.

This, they pretty much only air them in México and South America were they don't give a fuck.

It took me forever to watch all of the holiday specials for spongebob (excluding the christmas special) I think I watched the Valentines day ones for the first time in 2014 and the Holloween one where they turn into snail at the end during either '13 or '15
While I knew the snail one existed the valentines day episodes came out of nowhere and I was pleasantly surprised, I think I watched the April Fools day episode pretty late as well

Nah, Shanghied was a weird one that aired once as an event, then quietly snuck itself into reruns a year or two later.

For a long time, Disney skipped Ready For The Bettys and The Flying Fishmonger apparently because of a real band from New York called The Bettys.

When Phineas and Ferb ended, it was put back into rotation so they either worked something out or there was never really a problem to begin with and it was an overreaction on Disney's part.

Far as just episodes that I never caught for some reason, I don't think I've ever seen the first part of the Teen Titans "Apprentice" two parter.

>I don't think I've ever seen the first part of the Teen Titans "Apprentice" two parter
that's hilarious to me because CN has been repeating it a lot lately

Wasn't "Twistory" banned from airing because of it shitting on Brits? That'd explain why you never saw it.

Can confirm. I remember seeing Twistory when I was a kid, but only because here in Mexico they don't really even check what they air.

Those Cleo curves on the 13 Wishes cover are awesome

Where you a kid when it first aired? I remember seeing it plenty of times.

The only reason I ever saw that or the valentines ep was because I owned the DVD

For the longest time I misremembered half that snail episode and thought I had a fever dream as kid shit was weird.

There were quite a few Disney Afternoon episodes that were pulled from rotation or were altered because of material.

Rescue Rangers alone had four or five episodes that happened to.

So have you seen the alternate endings? I think a lot of people haven't.

that one and I was a teenage gary were aired with holiday specials that were only 11 minutes long, so they air them during valentines day, and halloween.

youtube.com/watch?v=aLCKJ8eAfUQ

I remember both the Halloween and Valentine's Day specials of Fairy Oddparent from when they first aired, but then never saw them again on reruns.
Also my country doesn't air the Simpsons Hank Scorpio episode nor the one where Homer half-brother comes back and makes a baby-translator or something. You can find the dub online, but for some reason they are never on tv.

TaleSpin's Last Horizons was lifted from syndication for awhile.

Non-stop jabs at the Russians is all well n' good but God forbid we make fun of the Chinese for one episode.

Neptune's Spatula was an episode that rarely aired back when I watched Spongebob on TV

i've never seen any episode after episode 12 of chop socky chooks on tv, and i dont think i should catch up

I'm pretty sure most of this shit isn't banned or aired less so much as people just don't pay attention to which episode's on. After a while things like Spongebob or FOP just have so many fucking episodes that most of it becomes background noise and you unconsciously tune it out.

HOLY FUCK, I thought the Patrick and Squidward wishes were just dreams

man those were awful compared to the ending they normally use

To be fair there's hundreds of Simpsons episodes, it might just be a numbers game.

Where you are and the channel would also play into it; I'm pretty sure the syndication deal Fox had with its affiliates pushed the local channels towards only airing episodes from relatively recently while FXX doesn't have any such limitations.