He’s right you know

He’s right you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whre's that froom

Well, Nixon is Darkseid after all.

what did nixon do?

He ended the Vietnam war and opened talks with China. Democrats were pissed because he stole their thunder.

Is this the Ultimate universe? Going by the costume Cap is wearing

616 Nixon was literally a secret Nazi who committed suicide in the Oval Office when Cap found out .

Weirdly you’d think he’d rag on JFK or LBJ for ‘Nam

thats not bad at all. But im getting a feeling you're leaving alot of missing details

He sabotaged peace talks in 68 to help win the election.

Kissinger is probably more evil though

Why?

NIXON'S BACK!

Why to which one? He ran on ending the war and told the Vietnamese he’d give them a better deal than LBJ.

Kissenger planned all the illegal bombings in cambodia and Laos. And didn’t get run out of politics.

Ultimate Captain America by Jason Aaron

I just read this, god it's awful.

>every day Simpson tortures cap while reading him the awful shit the US did in the 60's and 70's
>and every day Rogers just screams like an autist in his cell
>never tries talking, never tries reasoning or sympathizing with Simpsn, who obviously became deranged from his experiences in Vietnam, just tries to beat the snot out of him every time

>Captain America actually calling himself the greatest hero who's ever lived

>and then when he finally beats the piss out of simpson he proceeds to casually glance over all that awful shit as "well war is bad, but muh greater good"

I mean, Nixon was pretty bad, but no way was he the most evil man who ever lived. He's not even in top 1000.
He's also not the most evil US President, that honor goes to Andrew "Manifest Destiny" Jackson.

Nixon was one of the best POTUS

I bet you are one of those who thought it was a great idea to replace his picture on the 20 with Tubman

Kind of weird how Ultimate Nuke is literally the opposite of 616 Nuke, and so is Cap in a way.
Just compare these 2 scenes.

All I've read of this comic is what's posted here, but honestly how American is that?

His message is "I will punish you if you fuck around. Even you people around me I will fucking murder if you deserve it. Don't deserve it."

That's pretty patriotic.

There’s like everyone between Jackson and Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, the Gilded Age and Great Depression Presidents, W, Trump,
Nixon probably cracks the top half of worst POTUSs.

This shiT

The fuck I'm reading?
Run? number?

>Self righteous monologue while kicking the "bad" guy's ass

This is why I hate superhero comics, fucking cringe.

Whether or not Tubman deserves to be on the 20 is another issue, but Andrew Jackson sure as hell doesn't deserve to be there.

I like how any time a hero brings up the idea of fighting children the situation is immediately peacefully resolved

It would have been hilarious if all of them started shooting at the same time and filled him with lead.

Ultimate Captain America is kind of fucking bullshit. He's a more radical change in personality to mainstream cap then new 52 Supes was to Post Crisis Supes.

I would agree, if nothing else because personally, he would have considered it an insult- the man hated paper money, not to mention he'd be horrified by a fiat currency like we have.

But it wouldn't be correct to simply dismiss him as evil or even the worst president or anything. If I had to select the most evil president, well, I don't know who i'd pick, but it definitely wouldn't be Jackson. a loose cannon, and extremely abusive of his power, sure, but hardly the most evil.

As someone who knows the third and failed world can assure this fatfuck writer doesn't know a shit about infant soldiers
Probably just assume all said by Kojima in MGS as true

>muh jewish boogieman

Don't forget how after Nuke is imprisoned, Cap goes to his bedside and reads him the Bible while he's restrained.

and the aftermath of that

I don’t think blaming one dude counts for that?

In between he went nuts when he saw a reporter take pictures of him and Cap, because he has a huge hateboner for the Press for in his mind insulting "our boys".

2011 Ultimate Cap

he's still portrayed as infinitely more sympathetic a character. He's always been damaged goods since Vietnam fucked him up. Cap was getting through to him before that reporter caught his eye and set him off again. And Cap was really ready to kill him before Falcon holds him back there. Because in the end, Nuke isn't really responsible for being fucked in the head. That "war is hell" shit that Cap spews at him in the previous panel is.

And in the end, He's right too. Cap's generation were hailed as heroes when they came back from WW2. Vietnam vets? They are only now being barely vindicated and given the respect and recognition they deserve.

He pardoned the shitbag responsible for this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

You've never heard of kissinger?

>Replacing a slavery supporting white supremacist with a woman who fought for human rights
>Conservatives REEE at this

No wonder liberals call you evil.

>not a president
>not a founding father
>one of many people who fought against slavery, the majority of whom were white males

the problem with Tubman is that the ONLY reason she was picked was for diversity points. it was Obama and his administration going full hog on the SJW train. it had to be not just a person of importance- it had to be a BLACK person, and not a man, it had to be a BLACK WOMAN. and since Tubman is the only noteworthy historical black woman, she was chosen.

that's the only reason

>not liking Andrew Jackson

That has absolutely nothing to do with patriotism, given that he is in another country. It's more - I was gonna say fascism, but that's not right either. It's jingoism.

It's deliberately ambiguous.

Teddy Roosevelt was kind of a dick (talk about jingoistic).

I thought Jason Aaron was supposed to be a good writer, but the I read his Punisher Max.

This shit would be great if it was satire, actually.

>"But she's a black woman!"

That's all your argument boils down to. Then you're going to cry about why people call you a Nazi.

>since Tubman is the only noteworthy historical black woman

>American "education"

Why does it have to be a president? Isn't that a little bit like promoting them into kings?

Why not have people on the paper who were NOT powerful?

And by the way, isn't diversity a good reason? The USA is very diverse, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the money. Almost all of them are proverbial old, dead white males, and the exceptions are Chief Running Antelope and Martha Washington.

Not one black American. Not. One.

>The USA is very diverse

There are a lot of hicks who would argue against that until they're red in the face. They believe all of America is like their shitty small towns nobody visits.

>And by the way, isn't diversity a good reason?
Dinversity is not what you think it is, and it is not always good.

>Why does it have to be a president?
>Why not have people on the paper who were NOT powerful?

because where do you draw the line? influence? plenty of rappers are influential. want them on money too? Presidents are the ones who effect the most change in the country, and decide it's direction and destiny. if they do a particularly great job, then the future can judge that they deserve a spot in the pantheon.

by your logic, we should also add literal whos to mt rushmore, and get rid of all that 19th century art and shit that literally portrays the likesa of washington and lincoln in togas like greek mythical figures.

>Isn't that a little bit like promoting them into kings?

king, president, that's all just names and titles. Let's not pretend they don't have the same function. The only difference is a president is a kind of king that is chosen by vote.

I am 85% sure it is satire.

Doesn't seem like it, unless Captain America is supposed to be a major asshole and the whole comic is nothing but making fun of patriotism, which I also doubt.

You certainly overestimate presidents and their power.

>Dinversity is not what you think it is, and it is not always good.

Elaborate, please.

>because where do you draw the line? influence? plenty of rappers are influential. want them on money too? Presidents are the ones who effect the most change in the country, and decide it's direction and destiny. if they do a particularly great job, then the future can judge that they deserve a spot in the pantheon.
>by your logic, we should also add literal whos to mt rushmore, and get rid of all that 19th century art and shit that literally portrays the likesa of washington and lincoln in togas like greek mythical figures.

That is kind of bullshit. You switched almost immediately to a ridiculous extreme. Nobody suggested putting Doctor Dre or Chuck D on the one. They suggested Harriet Tubman, a woman who literally risked life and limb to save people from a life of slavery, should replace Andrew Jackson, who was - not to put too fine a point on it - a racist slave-owner who incited genocide against Native Americans.
That's influential. Nonetheless, I doubt Germany would put Hitler on their money in this day and age.
So... why don't you want Harriet on the money rather than Jackson?

>king, president, that's all just names and titles. Let's not pretend they don't have the same function. The only difference is a president is a kind of king that is chosen by vote.

Just out of curiosity - ARE you an American??

That Peace, son gets me goof

>The only difference is a president is a kind of king that is chosen by vote.

Your entire post is stupid but this last line takes the cake.

Even for this place, you're an ignorant bastard.
>muh dinversity
>muh slippery slope
>muh president is king
This from you is patriotic? Shameful.

...I think that may actually be the case. It's difficult to tell with Ultimate Cap when the writer is being serious and when it's satire.

>So... why don't you want Harriet on the money rather than Jackson?

She's a black woman.

Bullseye was fun.

Is this a Nixon thread?

Ultimate Cap being an asshole should come as no surprise

This comic was shit, Aaron pretty much disregarded Ultimates and Ultimates 2 and went with a parody of Ultimate Cap.

He's also doing the same shit with Thanos amd Hela making them edgy because they are associated with Death.

>Nixon
>Not Truman for nuking Japan cause he wants to intimidate Russia and thought there was no way they would figure out nukes

Remember that time that Englehart had Nixon kill himself when the real Nixon was still in office?
This is the end of the original Secret Empire.

Of course, Marvel later retconned it to just be a congressman

He started the EPA, ended the Vietnam war, lowered the deficit by 83%, tried to enact universal healthcare and basic income (was blocked by the Democrats), enacted reforms to create racial and gender equality in the workplace, and is probably singlehandedly responsible for the fact that desegregation happened without a second civil war.

But, y'know, he did some paranoid corrupt shit, so. Worst president ever, right?

not an argument

>Saying Kissinger sucked is anti-Semitism

Not sure if retarded or literally Henry Kissinger

Not the worst. Just pretty bad. He left the office in disgrace.

So?

If he hadn't, Russia would have invaded Japan.

I mean he did torpedo peace talks so the Vietnam war would last long enough for him to end it.

I'm not saying what he did was fine, it fucking wasn't. The public's negativity was entirely based around bad press because of the Watergate scandal, though. Well, that and politics.

If he hadn't been involved in it, he would likely have gone down in history as a decent president.

The whole "lets blame the soldiers for vietnam." thing wasn't great.

Engleheart's run is GOAT.

Honestly as much as I respect Tubmann, if we're talking about a non-president on the bill I'd pick someone like Franklin, who was politically influential. Fredrick Douglas maybe..

>All that gud shit amirite who cares if he sold us out to the commies

get fucked

Oh, fuck off you Nip apologist.
Japan deserved a third nuking for the shit they pulled during WWII.

>Fredrick Douglas maybe..

Dude, please stop.

HOLY SHIT, cap'n is a dick get that hail hydra faggot out of here, Glad Falcon replaced him and Bucky.

One of my high school teachers was a Vietnam Vet and some of my retarded classmates would do shit like hold rulers or try to drop books to try to see if they could trigger his PTSD because they heard a rumor that he flipped out once.

>trying to trigger a vietnam vet PTSD
Are they legitimately retarded?
Have they never seen Rambo?

>fun
It was shit, like most things that are defended by using that adjective.

He committed treason and sabotaged peace talks with the Vietnamese so he could beat Humphrey in 1968, who had been getting a huge boost from said peace talks. Then he kept the war going on through his entire first term, triggering the Cambodian war that killed millions more with his policies.

Also theres' the whole Watergate thing.

>Millard fucking Fillmore
>Evil

what does this mean? There were like 8 people between them

Set protesters on fire. Also Watergate.

watergate

>tried to enact universal healthcare and basic income (was blocked by the Democrats)
And people think there are any fundamental differences between Republicans and Democrats. Maybe there were once, but it's been a long time since.

>Not one black American. Not. One.
I wonder why the men and women that work in this nation's capital could possibly be so anti-black? Especially with DC itself being such a large black dominate city? It would seem they should truly understand the value that American Black Citizens bring to the nation.

Wasn't one so bad he only got a couple of months before getting impeached

Benjamin Franklin was never a president. And he's on the $100 bill, the largest legal still printed bill in the US currency system.

No, the only two presidents to have been impeached were Jackson and Clinton, but neither of them were convicted.

Thanks bud

Only two presidents have been impeached, and neither impeachment was successful. Neither impeachment place within "a few months" of inauguration. Andrew Johnson's was in 1868, Bill Clinton's was in 1999. Articles of impeachment were submitted for Nixon but he resigned before they were voted on.

As well, being "a bad president" does not get you impeached, you have to commit a crime.

OP's pic is not from the 616 U

Its like human beings are complciated or something.

The City of DC and the Capital of DC are very clearly demarcated by the Beltway, and there is little interaction between them.

Wrong Andrew, it was Johnson not Jackson

Nixon is unironically my favorite president
Whenever he comes up, I always think of a line from Multiversity: Pax Americana: 'This world rewards its bastards'
Ha WAS a bastard... but OUR bastard

Bitch you better not have just indirectly called James K. Polk and William McKinley bad presidents