Unpopular Opinions/Venting Thread

Here's the place to share some Sup Forums related thoughts you always wanted to get out out of your system, but couldn't.

Carol was never good and is only a meme perpetuated by dumb waifufags with a death fetish.

Superman Rebirth is mediocre and praised likely due to "muh comfy"

Daytripper was a lame, cloying comic book that had nothing of interest to say

I genuinely do not think Superman is an intriguing character (not related to powerlevel shit), or at least most writers have not utilized his full potential to explore mature and thought-provoking themes other than "le hope"

I cannot watch most children's cartoons without cringing at the humour, and I think fans of animation deserve better

teen titans was fantasic at the time but didnt age well at all

I hate that Sup Forums threads can continue to exist on this board simply by adding a cartoon or comic image to the OP

I love that Sup Forums threads can continue to exist on this board simply by adding a cartoon or comic image to the OP

This may be an unpopular opinion thread, but fuck you anyways. Some opinions are just too shit even for these.

Barely anyone watches cartoons, or talks about them. Most of Sup Forums is about comics, and most similar forums are dead.

No wonder the industry has gone to shit.

I still feel Mainframe set the standard for action oriented CGI shows in writing at least.

Steven Universe was bad since day 1

A lot of cartoons in the 90s and early 2000s suck because they force the same shitty morals into their episodes over and over.

I don't think safety rules should be enforced on cartoons. I think cartoons can promote dumb and unsafe things to do because it's a cartoon. Without having to be liable for the damages.

I actually don't mind the SU townie episodes that much
they've been in there since the beginning it's nothing new

Almost everything made by classic Hanna Barbera aged horribly

When I came to Sup Forums I was an edgy kid enticed by Encyclopedia Dramatica explaining that this site is for the lowest of the low trash of the society.
I used to think it was something cool and edgy.
Now I understand how wrong I was.
This place is not a pit of human garbage because of people who laugh at animal abuse and gore, genuine sociopaths, all kinds of disgusting fetishists and social outcasts.
It's a shithole because it contains some of the dumbest people I have ever seen who fail the grasp things you chew out as if they were children. I'm tired of arguing with idiots. I wish IQ tests were mandatory to browse this site.
I wish I wasn't addicted to this site. Fuck you, it's a venting thread

Agreed, but also a lot of 2010s cartoons suck because they seem devoid of morals entirely, forced or otherwise.

Marvel's universe, atmosphere, and "feel" is too intrinsically tied to the zeitgeist of the 60s and 70s and has as a whole aged poorly. Outside of that, the Marvel Universe only really does well in "early days" eras like Phase 1 and early Phase 2 (pre-Ultron) of the MCU, the pre-Ultimatum Ultimate Universe, etc. because that's when these characters that were meant to grow, actually GOT to grow. A universe based on real-world and personality-growing affairs settling into Comic Book Time like Marvel did will always become a pathetic shell of what it started out as.

Pacifica and Asami work better as villains then they do as "friends and heroes"

Hey man, not saying you're wrong but this site also has smarter people than pretty much everyone I've talked to in real life, too.

It's basically a place of extremes in intelligence.

The Teen Titans cartoon handled some things better than the comic ot was based on.

SJ had a decent ending.I didn't like it myself but it was far from terrible.

Aishi doesn't deserve the hate she gets.

There is nothing wrong with cartoons having an animesque artstyle.

Superman TAS was better than Batman TAS and is very underrated.

Avengers Assemble was never a bad show.Its been consistently decent from the start.

Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents were never good.

Loud House is overrated.Its a decent cartoon not the second coming like a lot of people claim.

Legend of Korra was good excluding the second season.

Wally and Barry should both be the Flash.

When it comes to diversity, comic writers should do what they want because no matter what they do people will complain.

>Legend of Korra was good

Legend of Korra can never be good if they never built into making Asami a villain

Yeah, but the amount of idiots is incredibly frustrating.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force was pure trash which lead to a generation of trash shows. Plus They should have gotten the Boot for the Boston Bomb Crisis

it's like this in every corner of the internet, but in Sup Forums the gap between the smartest user and the dumbest user is far bigger

There should be an instaban for anyone who uses the word "kino". Or shitty memes like "what did he mean by this", "is he /ourguy/ and other unoriginal and repetitive trash.

It's a good thing WE'RE not the idiots, eh?

I think Nedroid is aggressively unfunny, and I am not fucking baiting.

If the Townie episodes did not exist, people would start complaining about plot holes when Sugar decides to use them in the main plot.

>There is nothing wrong with cartoons having an animesque artstyle.
Animesque artstyle is by far the best, and it must become the standard for cartoons if the WA industry is to have any chance of surviving.

This isn't unpopular

Except with Russians

So I guess it "is" unpopular

>Implying Russians are people

All cartoons focused on the infant female demographic is inherently godawful and they should never be watched by anyone who isn't part of the target audience

Fuck off Lee

Only the popular series really. Relatively obscure shows (e.g. Top Cat and Wacky Races) are still unironically great.

MrEnter isn't that bad

>Most of Sup Forums is about comics
Are we talking about the same board?

He can be insightful. It's only when he gets into full autistic REEEEEEEing that he becomes obnoxious

Female-led things are awful.

Yes, we are. There are significantly fewer cartoon threads, but more importantly they tend to have far more shitposts than the comics ones.

That's because there aren't alot of good cartoons airing right now and the cartoons that could be considered good are considered divisive here.

There aren't a lot of cartoons period to talk about here.

Still better than being preached to all the time.

this

I feel like people want Asami as a villain for more petty reasons, but I can't help but feel like it would've been the best possible direction for the character.

The best cartoon ever made is literally about a group of girls. Oh, and teenage ones at that.
It's the writing talent, stupid. Not the sex.

This calls for a change in scenery, my man.

I sincerely dislike Emily Carroll's Through The Woods. Stories are nowhere near as scary as, say, Fuan no Tane and the tumblr (for the lack of a better descriptive term) art only fucks up everything

Ed Edd n Eddy aren't girls

Korra needs a polar opposite compared to what her life and culture is about. The whole coming from a family of racist non benders I feel like could be used as a foundation but after that can expand into delusions of power hungry control as she works her way into becoming the President of Republic City and starts making off hand deals without Korra knowing which leads to plotlines later

Season 2 and the latter Half of Season 3 should have been those transition shifts with key hints all throughout the seasons of Asami ready to basically become a female Lex Luthor.

You're a retarded faggot

People like Rebecca Sugar and Alex Hirsch are only successful because the standards for TV animation is exceedingly low.

>lolsorandom garbage with grating art and voicing
No.

Jashi is not shit but the ending of SJ to season 5 was shit.

is pretty much the opposite.

Nah the best artstyles are the obscure European ones, but it's unfeasible to base a series or feature film on them

Venting thread? I'll show you venting.
I want this tasteless faggot to fuck off already with his asinine opinion being showed down my throat every time.
If our mods weren't fucking idiots they would've banned him for spamming the same way the did to Squirrelfag who kept posting "why is DC so edgy?" but we somehow have even worse moderation now so no matter how many time i report his autistic ass nothing is ever done. He's really fucking annoying and at this point I wonder if mods keep him because they hate us.

comics and cartoons should not be on the same board

People like you only exist because there isn't a law against being too young to have seen terrible 70s cartoons in syndication

how is that an unpopular opinion?

The entire first season of Teen Titans is hard to sit through and overall there's lots of embarrassing moments and decisions in that show. People like it purely for nostalgic reasons.

And before any of you retards snap at me for going on an angry rant "seemingly for no reason", in case if you didn't get this already that was WITCH/chart/TTfag.

That just because the barrier to entry is far lower, which is both a good and a bad thing.

You're right. Anime and cartoons should be on the same board, and comics and manga should be on the same board.

Hey, this seems a good a place as any to try and ask before I run off and make my own thread about it.
You know all those comics that will do a story line about the hero struggling to keep up a duel life running at once, with both their civilian concerns and hero concerns at once, and often they 'give up' being a hero for a little bit and get brought back by something and so on.
What stories are there where the hero makes the opposite choice, giving up their civilian life and just doing the hero thing full time? I assume its been done at least in some obscure place before.

t. roastie whore.
Get fucked by Tyrones, lmao.

I'm tired of lesbians popping up in everything, I get it, we must all be progressive, but I noticed cheap skates trying to get fagpoints all the way back in the early 2000s by tossing lesbians into things and I'm freaking tired of it already.
Same with random minorities, these days I've been so heavily exposed to it I'm shocked when a woman is strait and a black guy is an actual character.

I at one point made the mistake of thinking comicfags are smarter than weebtards, but upon browsing Sup Forums I learned they're basically the same thing.
You can't hurl a rock without hitting a thread created by some autistic plebeian who wants to discuss his waifu or discuss his fav ship, and don't even get me started on the lesbian threads.
Obviously not everyone on Sup Forums is one of these idiots, but there are definitely too many of them.

you're a fatarded reggot

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

I'm not breaking any rules. The only thing you could argue is "spamming", except that I only post whatever is relevant to a particular thread.

And the fact that the show happens to be relevant in so many threads is simply because it's written so well that it covers pretty much everything you would want in a great cartoon.

(I have stopped posting the chart nearly as much, though, because that could legitimately be construed as spamming.)

So please, get the fuck off my case.

I think that everything is literally shit now. I've tried being optimistic but I feel that what's being delivered from comics and cartoons have become extremely limited by small-minded thinking by both SJWS, the Alt-rite fellas, and those who fall in between. This world's audiences are becoming seemingly dumber and dumber consumers that will pay for things that will make them upset.

Everything relies too much on surprises and spectacles through oblivious big reveals or revivals. The things that are released that are not from the past are mindless, biased, agenda-forcing works that lack the effort and aspirations of what it truly means to make a quality product. Nothing new is thought-provoking and everything old is done worse. People are thinking less and less for themselves as buyers based on mass herd mentality that has affected everything.

I wanna die.

Calvin and Hobbes is pretentious. Every single strip I've read has only annoyed me and my want to kick the author on his smug mouth. I guarantee if it came out new in 2017 we'd be posting it ironically.

I don't think this is really a thing that happens in media outside of comics, though I'm becoming more and more wrong lately, so who knows.

You're only proving my point by providing evidence on how low the standards are for animation that people like Sugar and Hirsch are seemed great because, "At least it's better than TV animation in the 70's and 80's!".

Live-action has managed to have rollercoaster periods of golden ages while the closest animation ever got to one was the 90's, and it was very brief.

>Superman TAS was better than Batman TAS and is very underrated.
Is this unpopular? It gets said a lot on this board.

Woman Woman is the worst DC movie
Even worse than BvS and Suicide Squad which were both trainwrecks

Almost everyone thinks this

How soon you forget the 30s and the 60s.

>Kim Possible is awful
>OG PPG is awful
>The Secret of NIMH is awful
>Daria is awful
>Zootopia is awful

There, I took the bait. Goddamn you have shit taste.

We don't care that you're breaking rules, we want you gone not cause of your shit opinion, but because you shove it into everyone's throats. We get it, you like Totally Spies. Cool, I actually like some of it's soundtrack. Other than that, I don't care, no one else cares, and some probably won't watch it cause of you. Now get out WitchBitch, quit while you're behind.

No, only a small vocal minority that has been pushing out the userbase think this.

There was no TV animation industry in the 30's. And there definitely was no golden age period for TV animation in the 60's. In fact, that's when the medium as a whole in America went to shit.

Clone Wars is the only Star Wars media I care about because it focuses on the actual warfare, and isn't bogged down by cliche evil empires and magic destiny bullshit.

The ultimate unpopular Sup Forumspinion: whatever the minor flaws of the show may have been (and there were quite a few, don't get me wrong there), Gravity Falls is a masterpiece.

Anyone who denies this fact is blowing things seriously out of proportion.

Nah, it was trash.

Masterpieces don't have a bunch of flaws, user.

That's why they're masterpieces

You seemed to be talking about animation in general then in the back half. Though yeah, 90s animation was if nothing else more natural-feeling about everything.

>what does minor mean: the post
Any work has numerous flaws, masterpiece or not
The difference is the severity of the issues.

He said they were minor flaws, which might be where the "masterpiece" categorization is coming from, although I do agree that Gravity Falls was very flawed. Still, I can't help but feel a lot of the hate comes more from the creator's views and attitude rather than the actual show itself.

Fetish posters are worse than Sup Forums

I genuinely dislike it and I don't care about Hirsch.
Bill Cipher is one of the worst new villains in cartoons, by the way.

It was only cause I didn't want to keep saying "tv animation" several times in my post, since the second half was a response, I figured it was inferred at that point. Sorry.

No they aren't, fuck off Sup Forums. Quit trying to normalize your presence here.

>and some probably won't watch it cause of you.
I already got several anons to watch it. Not one said they wouldn't because of my posts.

It seems like it's just a small bunch of people who hate someone promoting their favorite show by actually explaining what makes it so great (my posts often get so long that I run into Sup Forums's character limit on a regular basis), on a board specifically designed for that purpose.

Following that logic, there are no cartoon masterpieces. Even the best cartoons have flaws.

>Implying

You sound a little defensive, permavirgin

The rushed pacing with Ford and Stan getting his memories back instantaneously immediately makes those minor flaws into major flaws that keep it from being a true masterpiece.

Imagine what a big change it would be in Lion King if you cut out Hakuna Matata and had Mufasa's ghost scene happen immediately after he died. That's the equivalent of what was going on in GF. They're small changes that could've happened in productions that would've made for big impacts as the end result.

And for people going, "Why do edgelords want Stan to lose his memory forever!?", that's not what I want. I just didn't want it instantly. I wanted some hint of, "Maybe if you kids come back next year, we'll make some new memories" and have Stan slowly start to remember things during his epilogue montage while travelling with Ford.

Bill is the Junko of western animation.Both were hyped up by fans to be intelligent masterminds but were actually just clowns who got lucky.

>is from Sup Forums
>calls other people virgins

Thanks, I've had sex. It's overrated, mostly by people who haven't had it.